George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself

+11
sparkie
jusquatoi2014
annemarie
Joanna
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
amaretti
Cece42
fava
bamboochacha
Einstein
15 posters

Go down

Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself Empty Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself

Post by Einstein Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:23

This woman is very very smart, they are Clooney feel that she does not want the money from him. BUT I think it makes it psychologically well. She's a lawyer and that lawyers have money, but not the ratio of lawyers to work in employees. My friend's father is also a lawyer, but the difference is that he has his own law firm lawyer and let others work. This woman has not so much money and riches. NEVER IN LIFE!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by LornaDoone on Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just fixing the pronoun. The word itself implies that you are referring to an inanimate object. Perhaps that was the intent but will err on the side that it was just a translation issue.)
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself Empty Re: Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself

Post by Einstein Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself Empty Re: Marriage to George Clooney: Amal secures herself

Post by Einstein Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:28

The newspapers wrote......

She is pretty, she is successful and - she's a lawyer: And as such it can be Amal Alamuddin not take their upcoming marriage with George Clooney (53) to secure to the smallest detail. This woman worked as a lawyer not only for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange (43), but also for the United Nations. As yet it may be like a marriage with Hollywood super dream man a no brainer something Läppisches!

Allegedly, Amal has namely tinkered in the past few days on a waterproof prenuptial agreement. That does Grazia hear about friends of the couple. And this contract is romantically imply that Amal wants in case of separation have not a single cent of Georges million heavy assets. "Amal has their own possessions," an acquaintance of hers. "She is so financially fully covered." And she wanted to show with the contract clause that they marry their love of George alone.

The turn should have exhaled audibly about the fact that Amal is so modest. "George is really very generous. Nevertheless, there are things like his villa on Lake Como, which he would never give up," said the insider. Whether the celebration will take place in George's modest hut or instead in an elegant hotel, is not yet known. But no later than the large, three-day bash in September it will probably know all the world!

Sie ist hübsch, sie ist erfolgreich und - sie ist Anwältin: Und als solche lässt es sich Amal Alamuddin nicht nehmen, auch ihre anstehende Ehe mit George Clooney (53) bis ins kleinste Detail abzusichern. Diese Frau arbeitete als Juristin nicht nur für Wikileaks-Gründer Julian Assange (43), sondern auch für die Vereinten Nationen. Da dürfte so etwas Läppisches wie eine Ehe mit Hollywoods Super-Traummann doch ein Klacks sein!

Angeblich hat Amal nämlich in den vergangenen Tagen an einem wasserdichten Ehevertrag gebastelt. Das will Grazia von Freunden des Paares erfahren haben. Und dieser Vertrag soll romantischerweise beinhalten, dass Amal im Fall einer Trennung keinen einzigen Cent von Georges millionenschwerem Vermögen haben will. "Amal hat ihre eigenen Besitztümer", so ein Bekannter von ihr. "Sie ist also finanziell komplett abgesichert." Und sie wolle mit der Vertragsklausel zeigen, dass sie ihren George allein aus Liebe heirate.

Der wiederum dürfte hörbar ausgeatmet haben darüber, dass Amal so bescheiden ist. "George ist wirklich sehr großzügig. Dennoch gibt es Dinge, wie seine Villa am Comer See, die er niemals hergeben würde", erzählte der Insider. Ob die Feier auch in Georges bescheidener Hütte oder stattdessen in einem edlen Hotel stattfinden wird, ist noch nicht bekannt. Aber spätestens zur großen, dreitätigen Sause im September wird es wohl alle Welt wissen!
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:29

is free legal advice really that free george? lol  flower 
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:36

bamboochacha wrote:is free legal advice really that free george?  lol   flower 

I did not understand you, but, Clooney should know for himself whether he married or not married.
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:39

I only know one. This woman does not have much money as it is reported here in the newspaper. My friend's father has his own law firm. And he has even celebrities represented people in court. My friend's father is really rich, but Amal is not rich.
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:41

And your point? Are you trying to say she is marrying him because she is not rich (or rich enough) and she wants to be?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:48

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 22 Jul 2014, 05:03

maybe she wants george to eat the prenuptial as in his movie. lol  flower 
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 22 Jul 2014, 05:18

Bill Bob Thornton ate it .Too funny .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:56

Einstein wrote:The newspapers wrote......

Whether the celebration will take place in George's modest hut or instead in an elegant hotel, is not yet known.

lol!  lol!  lol!  Modest hut?!!! I'd take a "modest hut" like Villa Oleandra any day. These guys obviously haven't seen my place!  Very Happy 

As far as the pre-nup is concerned, I hope it's true. I hope she's marrying him for love and not for anything else. Moneywise, she may not be as rich as he is, but her family is well off. She'll never want for money.

LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Jul 2014, 16:04

Well, as a lawyer she'd be happy to sign a pre-nup, but I can also imagine she wouldn't want any of his money.

She has her own and a burgeoning career. I don't believe she's with for his money for one minute

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 22 Jul 2014, 17:14

party animal - not! wrote:Well, as a lawyer she'd be happy to sign a pre-nup, but I can also imagine she wouldn't want any of his money.

She has her own and a burgeoning career. I don't believe she's with for his money for one minute

Agree.  There must be plenty of rich men (businessmen way wealthier than George--like the Google guy) in her circles if all she wanted was to be a rich man's wife.  George comes with a lot of baggage and challenges that many richer men wouldn't have.   

IMO though she should accept some money in the prenup in the event of the marriage failing.  He has disrupted her whole life (in many great ways I'm sure, but also a few negative) and she would deserve something for that, especially if she dials back her career for him.   Plus, hard to know in advance how you will feel about it if the marriage fails and the reasons why it fails may play into it.  If he cheats or embarasses you, you might want to make him pay.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 Jul 2014, 17:45

Slow news day again on the Clooney front IMO.

Is it normal to discuss cheating and separation and divorce concerning a couple before they've even
got married ?

Very weird goings on I think.  Sleep 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 17:58

Maybe these rich businessmen didn't want to marry HER, and of course they are not GEORGE CLOONEY.  She seems to be enjoying all the perks, 3 fabulous homes, private planes, and it seems like her family is also enjoying all of this.  IMO she is loving this.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 Jul 2014, 18:04

Cece....I'd imagine his last two lady friend's enjoyed all the perks too over the last few years, so I don't really get what you're saying.  confused 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 18:27

Joanna wrote:Cece....I'd imagine his last two lady friend's enjoyed all the perks too over the last few years, so I don't really get what you're saying.  confused 
OH Absolutely they all enjoyed all the perks, but I don't think any of the other rich men would have given her this whirlwind of a charmed life.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:28

doesn't his mom go along with every house?  lol.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 22 Jul 2014, 21:16

I think if a rich man has that lifestyle then his significan other would share it. So I doubt she wouldn't have all this with another just as rich man. Why not enjoy it , I know  I would.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Wed 23 Jul 2014, 07:27

It's a bit tiring to even try to figure out. Will go with the simpliest version (he found his love of life at last) until time proves me wrong (hope not). It's much easier.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 26 Jul 2014, 06:10

Whether Amal is independently wealthy is not what is important to her/them. When George and Amal got engaged... Daddy's first acknowledgement came with the statement "now the whole world knows who Amal Alamuddin is"
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 26 Jul 2014, 14:57

Good Grief Charlie Brown--- several days ago, weren't we all commenting on a story that said the prenup was 20 million dollars, blah blah blah.  Now, the hot new story is no money will  exchange hands according to a prenup.  Come on gang...it's all press/gossip/  rumors to keep interest in a story that initially was international front page news, and has dried up into ( no offense, kiddies) something for places like this to chat about.    My thought- hell yeah she'll get compensated.  She is a sharp barrister- she's ain't no saint.  And well aware of his reputation with the ladies.  I repeat, she is not a saint. Not insulting her- just keeping it real kids.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:24

Joanna wrote:Slow news day again on the Clooney front IMO.

Is it normal to discuss cheating and separation and divorce concerning a couple before they've even
got married ?

Very weird goings on I think.   Sleep 
That's what a prenup is.

A prenuptial agreement, antenuptial agreement, or premarital agreement, commonly abbreviated to prenup or prenupt, is a contract entered into prior to marriage, civil union or any other agreement prior to the main agreement by the people intending to marry or contract with each other. The content of a prenuptial agreement can vary widely, but commonly includes provisions for division of property and spousal support in the event of divorce or breakup of marriage. They may also include terms for the forfeiture of assets as a result of divorce on the grounds of adultery; further conditions of guardianship may be included as well.
In some countries, including Belgium and the Netherlands, the prenuptial agreement not only provides for the event of a divorce, but also to protect some property during the marriage, for instance in case of a bankruptcy.
Many countries, including Canada, France, Italy, and Germany, have matrimonial regimes, in addition to, or some cases, in lieu of prenuptial agreements.
Postnuptial agreements are similar to prenuptial agreements, except that they are entered into after a couple is married.[1]

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jul 2014, 17:41

Really?  George better get one of those Miles Massey prenups!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 17:52

Mel - What's a "Miles Massey pre-nup"?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 19:50

I think Melbert is referring to the movie Intolerable Cruelty where George played Miles Massey:

"a top divorce attorney and the inventor of the "Massey pre-nup", a completely foolproof prenuptial agreement. "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jul 2014, 21:17

Right on Nicky!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 22:40

Thanks, Nicky. That's one of the few George movies I've missed.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 22:42

affraid  you need to watch it Lizzy. I loved it  cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 00:49

No kidding? You missed George in a Kilt!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Jul 2014, 03:07

In a kilt? You're kidding! Now I have to see it. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down