George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter

+22
Atalante
The next mrs clooney
/
Maggy
lelacorb
Boshkash
Sevens
fava
annemarie
PigPen
LizzyNY
jusquatoi2014
Cece42
melbert
premiere
Missa
Joanna
Jenn
it's me
party animal - not!
Way2Old4Dis
Nicky80
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter Empty George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 19:56

Found on twitter (Einster)

George Clooney dances on the wedding of killed Bulgarian tycoon's daughter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hollywood star George Clooney, who is preparing for a wedding himself as well, showed up among the guests at the wedding of the daughter of Bulgarian businessman Ilya Pavlov, Bliasak reports.
The actor was spotted dancing and having fun with the other guests at the party held in Italy's Tuscany in a rented villa.
Clooney is known to be spending much time in Italy.
According to the bride, Ventsislava, the love between her and her new husband started a year ago, while they were working in the company. The husband of the daughter of Ilya Pavlov is a wealthy businessman with whom she will probably live in Dubai.
Iliya Pavlov Naydenov was a Bulgarian businessman, one of the richest in Eastern Europe. He was the leader and founder of the Multigroup organization, as well as of G-13. Pavlov was shot outside his office in 2003 and his fortune was inherited by his wife Darina Pavlova, who as a step-mother  was also the organizer of the Tuscany wedding.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter Empty Re: George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 21:53

If somebody wants to know more about  Ilya Pavlov, below are more information about the father who got killed. Wonder how George knows the daughter...

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter Empty Re: George Clooney dances at the wedding of "slain" Bulgarian tycoon's daughter

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 21:58

This article was found by Miss Sunshine. Thank you  Thumbs up! 

Google translation

San Casciano: George Clooney for two days a guest at Villa Mangiacane 

On 10 and 11 July: attended a wedding celebrated by his girlfriend Amal Alamuddin 

SAN CASCIANO - You will eat your hands the many fans of George Clooney, perhaps one of the true superstars remained at the international level. 

The reason? They could meet him (although it would have been very difficult ... if not impossible) to between 10 and 11 July this year in San Casciano. 

The American actor has in fact attended, Thursday 10 July, attended a wedding in the fabulous setting of Villa Mangiacane in the countryside with views of San Casciano ... Florence Cathedral, from the companion (future Moglia) Amal Alamuddin. 

It 's got to Faltignano, where the villa is located (a few meters from Sant'Andrea in Percussina) Thursday, July 10: In the evening attended the wedding, and is broken down Friday, July 11. Obviously, his presence has been protected by a tight cordon of confidentiality. 

As often happens, those who came in contact with him described him as friendly, polite and nice to everyone. 

And to think that they were also days of nervousness for Clooney, furious with the Daily Mail for the false rumors about his future marriage published in previous days. 

And who knows, in his brief stay sancascianese the plaintiff has not had any inspiration for "The Monster of Florence," the film about the Monster of Florence from the book by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi "Rolling hills of blood." 

Film that will star and whose shooting will take place in our own Chianti should start by the end of 2014.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:05

He may have been there as a business associate of her late father. The organization is huge, and one of its businesses is a bank. George has enough enterprises going that he could have secured an investment or a loan for something (the tequila, a movie, the SSP,  coming ventures, etc).

His hair looks short. Wonder when this was.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:09

Okay, my question is answered.

But does the translation say that Amal was with him, or that she is the friend of the couple and George went with her? I'm confused.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:13

The article says it was 10 and 11th July I think they meant this year. I hope.  Laughing 

Looks like George was there because of the connection of  Tarik Miknas? Read my post in the below thread. Trying to connect dots here

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:22

OK OK I think now we got it right. Thanks to Miss Sunshine. Sorry but it is not easy to get the dots connected...hehe

This wedding was probably  Tareks Miknas. See picture below. They signed the paper for the wedding  in June and one comment says "Thought it's all in Italy next month". Which is now. It is Tareks wedding. That's why George was there and 100% Amal as it was family. Now we now who the wife is from him.

Thanks Miss Sunshine....this was fun. I like connecting dots....hehe

I hope it makes sense now

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:44

In case somebody forgot who Tarek Miknas is

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:49

Pix from the villa by Tarek

But I think the photo from the boat is by L'Oleandra on Lake Como, and could be today

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:53

Yes I think it says even in the comment (in the boat thread) that the boat pic is at lake Como. So guess the wedding was 10th/11th July and today or yesterday the boat pic.  Very Happy  Sounds good and all published today NICE
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:56

So here's a different wedding location..........mmmm.  

Tarek is definitely a wit - love the photo with the caption...'two mother-in-laws'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:58

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 22:59

That's the same link I posted above  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jul 2014, 23:00

Oops, yes, just saw it. Sorry, Nicki!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 23:01

No worries I'm excited too hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 Jul 2014, 23:16

same dress

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jul 2014, 23:19

Ah, the bride's mother inherited her husband's wealth, and reportedly bought a very expensive apartment in Rome with the help of Silvio Berlusconi, who is a friend

She gives amazing parties apparently

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 14 Jul 2014, 23:42

I see bad things about her husband
now dead
(shot)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:09

I'm still not all connected.

Is Tarik's wife the daughter of the slain man, Ilya Pavlov?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:17

Yep You're connected!

And his wife inherited his wealth and lives in Rome. Google Darina Pavlov. Loads of pix of the family, parties with the likes of Beckham and Berlusconi, but I believe the daughter who's married has worked all round the world...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:40

Amal?

Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:50

Wow, Jenn! Now can we see that ringfinger? That would confirm it

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:51

Yes it's Amal.....zoom in and see her ring !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:55

Wow. Can't do that...........but I believe you! So is she speaking French, or Arabic or Bulgarian? Or Italian?!

She can add Wedding Official to her CV now..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 Jul 2014, 00:59

party animal - not! wrote:Wow. Can't do that...........but I believe you! So is she speaking French, or Arabic or Bulgarian? Or Italian?!

She can add Wedding Official to her CV now..........

Zooming in is easy on iPad....just fingers needed !

But I can't lip read her language....Sorry. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:16

I feel like we're missing the larger story here: This might be the first time in recorded history that George went to an event for the sole purpose of supporting his girlfriend/being her plus one.  

Anyone still doubting this relationship is for real can just take a seat.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:32

Missa wrote:I feel like we're missing the larger story here: This might be the first time in recorded history that George went to an event for the sole purpose of supporting his girlfriend/being her plus one.  

Anyone still doubting this relationship is for real can just take a seat
Absolutely right, which doesn't say much about George. I always felt it was "beneath" him to attend family/friend weddings of his girlfriends. He probably used the excuse that unauthorized pictures would be taken by the attendees. It always really bothered me that his relationships were so one-sided.  Now he's invited to a wedding of someone obviously mega-wealthy with important people and he shows up.

I won't buy the excuse that Amal had a role in the wedding, so he had to be there. His ex's could have been in the wedding party and he wouldn't have been there.

I think that our George is more of a supersnob at this point than a superstar. Would he be marrying Amal if she was the daughter of a middle-class family who didn't go to Oxford? I think not.

I'm not a fan anymore. Too many discrepancies between what he wants us to believe he is, and what he really is. I've connected the dots in a totally different way.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:33

Yes Missa.....I'd imagine that George's name would
be on the wedding invite though. LOL

George seems to have found "his place" in
his personal life at last.
 Coolio 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:48

I agree that it's always seemed exceptionally one-sided, and I've always felt bad for the girls that it was so painfully obvious what a one way street the relationships were. In this case, I didn't even consider that the people getting married were wealthy. Just that these people are going to be family now, and he's participating as a future part of that family. I can be awfully cynical about some of George's motivations, but I don't think their financial status has anything to do with his presence.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:52

Agree, Jo, but I did get the impression he did alot for and with Celine and her parents and friends and in France quite a lot of the time

Anyone seen Einstein lately?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:55

Jo- how hilarious would it have been for the invitation to have read "Amal Alamuddin and Guest"? Hee hee

Careful with your idle speculation, PAN. You might accidentally start the "Did Amal have Einstein disappeared?" thread. Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:58

Doubt the Mailonline will go there, Missa.............evidence, evidence. check and double check sources from now on...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:59

Missa wrote:I agree that it's always seemed exceptionally one-sided, and I've always felt bad for the girls that it was so painfully obvious what a one way street the relationships were. In this case, I didn't even consider that the people getting married were wealthy. Just that these people are going to be family now, and he's participating as a future part of that family. I can be awfully cynical about some of George's motivations, but I don't think their financial status has anything to do with his presence.

Do you honestly think that he would have gone with Amal to a family wedding if it was at a banquet hall in Des Moines?
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 15 Jul 2014, 02:00

Des Moines is a very nice city.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 15 Jul 2014, 02:07

Maybe? If you had asked me yesterday, I would have said I wouldn't have expected him to go to this wedding, so I guess anything is possible now. Like I said, I can be one of his biggest critics, but I just fundamentally disagree that he's a snob. He took pictures with a bunch of random people all over Augusta when he was back home. The difference? He was there for family. And since he himself referred to Amal as family in that Daily Mail response, I think that he'd show up, and will continue showing up, for her.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 02:50

@ premier  I agree with you.  IMO if George were to get married I was hoping it would be with someone like his family, down to earth.  There seems to be a big difference in him when he is around his family in Kentucky and when he is around AA and her family.  I don't want to use the word arrogant buttttttttttttttttt

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 15 Jul 2014, 03:00

I honestly don't understand how you can make judgement calls like that about George, a person you don't know and presumably haven't met, either in the presence of his family or others. And the complaints about Amal (on this thread anyway) seem to revolve around her family's wealth and the nerve she had to take advantage of all the educational opportunities that afforded her. How DARE she, the absolute snob.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 03:38

There was a thread on here earlier about Stacey, they said they were glad George was marrying someone with something UPSTAIRS, which means she must not be as smart as AA, but no one said a word how rude that was, but don't say anything negative about AA or you will be taken to task. I was giving my observation and my opinion like everyone else.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 07:06

Quote from GC's interview with Playboy in 2000:

"... I’ve made it difficult to have a relationship, because my first love is work and my second love is my friends. That will change, I’m sure. There will be someone somewhere along the way who will knock me for a loop again and I’ll be willing to sacrifice everything..." 

It seems that it is so easy for us to focus on Amal's external qualities to like her (for being attractive, established, humanitarian, having substance, having good fashion taste ...) or dislike her (for being unattractive, not as established as reported, defending the obviously "guilty", too thin, seeking attention, having bad fashion taste ...).  But of course we don't know her and could only guess so no need to be too harsh on ourselves, either. For those (including half of me) who are trying to find reasons not to like her: it is as if we were trying to figure out why an ex (if any) had cheated with another woman, and to make it worse, there was never a closure from that ex!

The simple fact might just be Amal knocked GC for a loop again for whatever reasons. And IMO it must be. But we would never be able to figure out HOW she did it.  She just did it.  The key words for GC's love are "willing to sacrifice" - it's zero or 100%, and there is no middle ground. His sexiest smiles, kisses, touches we only saw on screen are all real in his and her life together; and the strong, realiable, supportive and fun man we see in him now belongs to her exclusively.  Are these the real things some of us are jealous of?

I hope, after 14 years following the Playboy interview, GC would no longer define his love as his willingness to sacrifice, and will truly enjoy his life with whomever he loves.

I guess this could serve as a closure for me.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 15 Jul 2014, 07:31

right
not a sacrifice

I agree
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:33

@Premiere - If I'm not mistaken, most of the women George dated before Amal came from relatively modest backgrounds. Can you imagine the reaction if he turned up at the wedding of one of their friends or relatives? The bride and groom might just as well be invisible.

I think this is the first time he's been with someone whose family and friends aren't impressed with the fact that he's "George Clooney". He's just another famous rich guy like all the other men they know.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:41

Yep, and I'm pretty sure he's been to other girlfriends/friends' weddings in his own Hollywood (and other e g home) spheres.

Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 15 Jul 2014, 12:42

True pan.....we know nothing really. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 15 Jul 2014, 15:10

premiere wrote:
Missa wrote:I feel like we're missing the larger story here: This might be the first time in recorded history that George went to an event for the sole purpose of supporting his girlfriend/being her plus one.  

Absolutely right, which doesn't say much about George. I always felt it was "beneath" him to attend family/friend weddings of his girlfriends. He probably used the excuse that unauthorized pictures would be taken by the attendees. It always really bothered me that his relationships were so one-sided.  Now he's invited to a wedding of someone obviously mega-wealthy with important people and he shows up.

I won't buy the excuse that Amal had a role in the wedding, so he had to be there. His ex's could have been in the wedding party and he wouldn't have been there.

I think that our George is more of a supersnob at this point than a superstar. Would he be marrying Amal if she was the daughter of a middle-class family who didn't go to Oxford? I think not.

I'm not a fan anymore. Too many discrepancies between what he wants us to believe he is, and what he really is. I've connected the dots in a totally different way.
premiere... are you leaving us??

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 15 Jul 2014, 20:15

She isn't his girlfriend she is his future wife there is a difference. This was a friend's wedding I would expect him to attend with her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 21:28

George Clooney's Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Officiates Wedding in Italy—All the Details!

Amal Aladmuddin is set to marry George Clooney, yes, but she also married another couple!
On Thursday, the human rights lawyer and bride-to-be officiated a wedding at Villa Mangiacane, a lavish Tuscan winery and spa in the Chianti area of the region. Per Il Gazzettino del Chianti, a local news outlet, Clooney was Alamuddin's date for the occasion, and not surprisingly, the Oscar winner was reportedly "affable, educated and nice with everyone."
A source tells E! News the groom is a family friend of Alamuddin's, and that guests at the ceremony came from all over the world.

As for Alamuddin's own wedding to Clooney? The future spouses were spotted checking out various Lake Como venues last week. Of course, Clooney's own Villa Oleandro has served as a gorgeous wedding venue before—including in 2010 when his Leatherheads co-star John Krasinski said "I do" to Emily Blunt there!

Then again, Alamuddin is a lawyer at Doughty Street Chambers in London, but she was born in Lebanon, and while Clooney sets up shop in Lake Como a good portion of the year, we can't discount his L.A. residence or even his Kentucky roots! In other words? The future wedding of Mr. and Mrs. George Clooney could take place anywhere on earth.
Because Alamuddin will be the main attraction of this wedding though, someone else will have to officiate it! Krasinski gets our vote.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 15 Jul 2014, 21:33

PigPen wrote:
premiere wrote:

I don't want to leave you all because I enjoy the conversations back and forth, and you seem like people I'd hang out with in real life. As a small town, USA gal, I also love reading the posts from people all over the world. I feel like I've learned so much.

My rose-colored glasses about George just finally fell completely off yesterday when I saw him at this very posh wedding. I truly believe it's ALL about the image with him. He just doesn't seem real to me anymore, and I'm feeling more than slightly manipulated by his press. I truly hope this marriage works out, because it seems like Amal is in love with him. She seems very harmless, and shouldn't be part of his rehabilitation.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Wed 16 Jul 2014, 03:52

Page six : 
[size=60]Wedding warmup! Amal officiates cousin’s nuptials, Clooney in tow[/size]
No family drama here.
George Clooney joined fiancée Amal Alamuddin as she officiated her cousin’s wedding in Florence over the weekend.
The 36-year-old human rights lawyer stunned in a purple gown with flowers tucked behind one ear, while her beau, 53, looked typically sharp in a tuxedo.
The pictures come just a week after Clooney slammed the Daily Mail for a “completely fabricated story” that claimed that his soon-to-be wife’s mother was opposed to the couple’s upcoming nuptials because of religious differences.
“First of all, none of the story is factually true. Amal’s mother is not Druze,” Clooney retorted in a op-ed that ran in USA Today. She has not been to Beirut since Amal and I have been dating, and she is in no way against the marriage.”
The actor refused to accept the newspaper’s apology last week, saying that it was just as untrue as the offending story.
Clooney and Alamuddin are said to be tying the knot in September in Venice.
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 16 Jul 2014, 04:38

premiere wrote:
PigPen wrote:
premiere wrote:

I don't want to leave you all because I enjoy the conversations back and forth, and you seem like people I'd hang out with in real life. As a small town, USA gal, I also love reading the posts from people all over the world. I feel like I've learned so much.

My rose-colored glasses about George just finally fell completely off yesterday when I saw him at this very posh wedding. I truly believe it's ALL about the image with him. He just doesn't seem real to me anymore, and I'm feeling more than slightly manipulated by his press. I truly hope this marriage works out, because it seems like Amal is in love with him. She seems very harmless, and shouldn't be part of his rehabilitation.
Premiere--I am trying to figure out why you feel this way when it seems apparent to me that this is not a situation he sought out, but came to him only through his association with Amal.  Do you believe that is part of the reason he is with her?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 05:12

Yes, for some strange reason I do believe that is part of the reason he is with her.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next