George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

physical appearance does it really matter

+18
it's me
Rose
lelacorb
Lighterside
Nicky80
sparkie
Mazy
Pita428
theminis
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
catwoman
Jenn
PigPen
globalchick
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 Empty Re: physical appearance does it really matter

Post by lelacorb Tue 01 Jul 2014, 21:17

Way2Old4Dis wrote: Penso che il punto che molte persone stanno cercando di fare è che, ovviamente, gli ormoni George non hanno funzionato a suicidarsi, egli trova la sua attraente, e non importa quello che chiunque altro pensa, quindi perché continuo a insistere su di esso? Non è interessante per voi, ma va bene perché non sei con lei. Vedi come funziona? farò commenti su quanto sia sottile lei, perché lei sembra essere sprecare via con tutte le foto successive. Ma il naso, gli occhi, a prescindere? Pfft. Ecco come si guarda. Gli uomini si innamorano con chi stanno attratti; le donne sono attratte da chi si innamorano. Qualunque George ama, lei ha. Si può speculare su ciò che è, ma negando lei è abbastanza attraente per lui è solo negando la realtà.

Be careful, I was not referring nor  Amal  nor to hormone George, my speech was generally reported to whoever wrote that physical appearance is not important. I do not find Amal a beautiful woman as I read in many articles, I find that in the face and masculine elements in the look but I do not think and I never said ishe is bad. In a beautiful face and a bad one, there are also other options.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

physical appearance does it really matter - Page 2 Empty Re: physical appearance does it really matter

Post by it's me Tue 01 Jul 2014, 23:28

from
La scomparsa di Pató (Andrea Camilleri)

"some live life
some tell about it only"
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 02 Jul 2014, 13:09

LornaDoone wrote:Why is someone's PHYSICAL APPEARANCE so important?

I find it sad that these sentiments are coming from what I believe to be women.

Amazing in this or any day and age.
Fysical traits reveal your personality, no ? That's why we have " a face ".  Rolling Eyes
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 02 Jul 2014, 14:11

huh??

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 02 Jul 2014, 17:03

Atalante wrote:

Fysical traits reveal your personality, no ? That's why we have " a face ".  Rolling Eyes

I've met beautiful looking people who were absolute assholes; I've met beautiful people who were kind to everyone.

I've also met plain people who were charming and engaging and funny - our physical traits tell us nothing about the person inside.

I find it sad that you equate someone's physical looks with what kind of person they will be.

Ted Bundy was a good looking, mentally bereft, woman-hating, serilal killer.  I guess you would have gotten in his van too giving your critieria for judging a person.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 02 Jul 2014, 18:27

Seems that everyone on here puts an emphasis on George's appearance!!!  Why?
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 02 Jul 2014, 19:28

phys major wrote:Seems that everyone on here puts an emphasis on George's appearance!!!  Why?

Well, for one thing, George Clooney is an exceptionally attractive man. Exceptional always gets attention.

For another, his appearance is a part of his stock in trade. He protects it, refines it, and markets and sells it. He invites the scrutiny. He banks on it, literally and figuratively.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 02 Jul 2014, 19:35

phys major wrote:Seems that everyone on here puts an emphasis on George's appearance!!!  Why?

Well he IS fucking gorgeous but frankly, I'm more impressed with the person he is.

Yes, he has his faults, like we all do, but he has many character traits that I find very appealing.

His loyalty to his friends, even if at times it gets him into trouble or fights.  His inclusion of them and standing by them - even though he could be an asshole "big time star" and drop them.

The fact that he speaks up and doesn't let anyone be abused (for instance that fight with David Russell over how he was treating a crew member).

His humanitarian efforts - even if he's not be quite successful as he might wish to be.  

The fact that he doesn't hold himself above the crew and other members of a production and eats with them - not expecting nor giving himself special treatment.

His respect for his parents - in more ways which I'm sure even we are not aware.

His sense of humor even if at times it's just silly and juvenile .

The fact that he picked a "brainy" woman over any bimbo despite the years of seriously making my head spin wondering why he could be so intelligent in his work/humanitarian choices and then be a total boob when it comes to the women he dated.   And yes, I still have reservations about her affiliations but I'll take her over any of the last five women he's dated.

Just some of the reasons why I like the guy.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 19:41

Coolio  That's why I like "the guy" too hehe

His sense of humor is great but sometimes (really just sometimes)....I don't always get his jokes and take it the way he says it...language barrier  Razz  But I'm glad there are enough people here who can tell me when he is joking and I don't get it  hehe Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 03 Jul 2014, 00:46

The first thing that attracted me to George was not his personality, gotta admit it ladies little old shallow me fell in love with his looks, he is just too damn delicious. But yes after I peeled away the very handsome layers I grew to admire his character too.

Do appearances matter, of course it does but as they say, don't judge a book by its cover and that applies whether you are damn delicious or just your average human being.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Thu 03 Jul 2014, 09:21

I am still trying to understand why the need for this thread. Physical appearance is not what I was referring to, it was in direct reference to the horrendous remarks that have been made by some vile creatures/cowards towards her ie big nose, she-male etc. Yes I agree I and others over the years may have said he/she is to skinny/fat, hair, make-up, clothes, furniture, house and everything else. That is being critical and of course it is allowed as it is human nature good or bad. But insulting someone, I repeat insulting someone is not being critical. Would you be so Critical of someone born with a physical deformity or handicap. There is no difference and no excuse for it.

Consider this ' If God really did make man in his own image, he must be a really funny looking bloke' think again next time you look in the mirror.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 03 Jul 2014, 13:59

The physical appearance is not important? I bet if George instead of being the great cool is that, had the face and body of Danny De Vito, COH does not exist, we would not hesitate to do here ramblings about the fact that physical appearance is not important! Do not let on how much we like the character George, sympathy or anything, we the only sure thing we know about him is his appearance the rest is what appears to us or that he wants to show what he really is we'll never know!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 03 Jul 2014, 14:05

Bloody 'ell !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 03 Jul 2014, 14:36

LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:

I've met beautiful looking people who were absolute assholes; I've met beautiful people who were kind to everyone.

I've also met plain people who were charming and engaging and funny - our physical traits tell us nothing about the person inside.

I find it sad that you equate someone's physical looks with what kind of person they will be.

Ted Bundy was a good looking, mentally bereft, woman-hating, serilal killer.  I guess you would have gotten in his van too giving your critieria for judging a person.
Ted Bundy looked like a creep. And I said traits, you confuse traits with good looks.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 03 Jul 2014, 14:47

George is very good looking man no doubt about it, however it's what shines through from the inside that makes him so darn wonderful. No we don't know him personally, but when you get articles/interviews about someone for the last umpteen years that speaks to his character you have to believe what you think about him is true.

He is a very opinionated person, but one that has the knowledge to back him up. He doesn't speak out on humanitarian causes just to here himself, he goes to the source to get as much documentation as possible. He then tries to use this information to get help.

With very few blips on the radar most speak of what a fair and respectful man he is. We have seen or heard stories from others on the things he does. He can equally converse with presidents and royalty to "Radio Man" in the street. So I think his looks just got you to look at the complete package. No matter how old he gets he will always be "drop dead gorgeous and have tremendous sex appeal because these like his other traits are all part of the unique package that is GTC.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 03 Jul 2014, 14:51

Ian Somerhalder is not bad either ! A huge animallover that one !  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 03 Jul 2014, 14:54

sparkie wrote:I am still trying to understand why the need for this thread. Physical appearance is not what I was referring to, it was in direct reference to the horrendous remarks that have been made by some vile creatures/cowards towards her ie big nose, she-male etc. Yes I agree I and others over the years may have said he/she is to skinny/fat, hair, make-up, clothes, furniture, house and everything else. That is being critical and of course it is allowed as it is human nature good or bad. But insulting someone, I repeat insulting someone is not being critical. Would you be so Critical of someone born with a physical deformity or handicap. There is no difference and no excuse for it.

Consider this ' If God really did make man in his own image, he must be a really funny looking bloke' think again next time you look in the mirror.
Thank you sparkie.  Totally agree.  This thread has outgrown it's usefulness and is leaning more toward a cesspool of  critical ideas.  Is George gorgeous, duh !  Hell yes. Would he date a plain woman, who knows.  Has he? Guess is as good as mine.  Does he know he's good looking and for the most part can get any woman he wants.  WHAT  DO YOU THINK   Laughing  Very Happy  LOL! 
 So, the point of this thread is???? floggingadeadhorse   MO

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Thu 03 Jul 2014, 15:16

PigPen anyone with money can always get anyone they want, the trouble is, it what they need. Wink
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 03 Jul 2014, 16:07

I'm missing something,
 So, the point of this thread is???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   MO

why are we now debating over a thread being relevant or not? I seriously don't understand.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 03 Jul 2014, 16:12

Yeah me too....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 03 Jul 2014, 19:32

Mazy wrote:I'm missing something,
 So, the point of this thread is???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   MO

why are we now debating over a thread being relevant or not? I seriously don't understand.

It's either the hot weather or sheer boredom....or both !  Drink 3 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 03 Jul 2014, 19:51

lelacorb wrote:The physical appearance is not important? I bet if George instead of being the great cool is that, had the face and body of Danny De Vito, COH does not exist, we would not hesitate to do here ramblings about the fact that physical appearance is not important! Do not let on how much we like the character George, sympathy or anything, we the only sure thing we know about him is his appearance the rest is what appears to us or that he wants to show what he really is we'll never know!

Exactly! There would be no COH if George wasn't an extreme on the physical appearance scale! I personally feel that Amal is striking, but is not photogenic. There are lots of very attractive people in the world that, most of the time, take pictures that don't flatter them. The cover on People was very posed, and showed her in her best light (literally). I wonder if George is a little protective of her in that respect.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 03 Jul 2014, 19:53

good point

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:08

Of course he is protective.

I believe the best possible way to form an opinion of Amal  from the distance that we're all at, is to check out her interview on the International Bar Association Human Right website, where she is discussing the improvements that need to be made to the Egyptian judicial system. It's very edifying and on her work thread on here

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 03 Jul 2014, 20:15

Well said pan.  Thumbs up! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 03 Jul 2014, 22:26

party animal - not! wrote:Of course he is protective.

I believe the best possible way to form an opinion of Amal  from the distance that we're all at, is to check out her interview on the International Bar Association Human Right website, where she is discussing the improvements that need to be made to the Egyptian judicial system. It's very edifying and on her work thread on here
I believe that if one of the defenses of Amal not FOSE also been added to the name of Liberia, Charles Taylor would be much better "
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2