George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

+12
PigPen
melbert
LornaDoone
it's me
Picachu
Pita428
sparkie
NewFanForever
Joanna
theminis
premiere
Katiedot
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet Empty The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:48

Posts below copied from another thread:

LornaDoone wrote:Was just looking at that piece of equipment that was delivered to George's house and like Nicky made me wish i had one of those in my house.

But then I had another really weird thought, maybe "I" should see how much weight I could lose before George gets married. Not that anyone is going to invite ME to the wedding but it would be an interesting time frame to work off of! If we go to September 12th, that's more than 90 days at this point.

Really concerted effort and I'll bet I could lose 20 pounds by then! (Don't know what that is in stones sorry).

Anyway, I think I'm going to try it - really though - I wanted to start doing this anyway, I've got a milestone high school reunion coming up in about a year so this would be a good jump start!

So is that called taking bad news and making a positive out of it! HA!

Anyone want to try with me? No pressure, just a way to get through the summer. Yes, we've got the watch George films activity, but I really need something to get me away from this computer so that I don't go crazy with all these George marrying stories!! HA!

Gonna to check out the local fitness center with a pool and get back into swimming three mornings (or more) a week! Yes, I know weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise but I like swimming so that may be a good motivator too - um, getting into a swimsuit!

melbert wrote:Lorna

20 Lb=1.43 St
Pounds (Lb) Stones (St)
1 Lb = 0.0714 St 1 St = 14 Lb

When you say that out loud, you could toss 1.43 stones away with one arm tied behind your back!!!

Katiedot wrote:14 lbs to the stone so you're talking around a stone and a half, or around 10kg. I'm up for the challenge, although as a non-owner of scales (on principle), I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the weekly weigh-in.

Duffy wrote:Could always go by dress size. Or pick an item of clothing you can't quite fit into at the moment, and try it on every week until it fits. Smile

Nicky80 wrote:I'm up for it too Lorna Thumbs up! I went on my scale last week and thought OMG and then when I wanted to get off the scale I slip and the scale broke in 1000 pieces....that was weird...now I bought a new one. I want to loose 8 kg. Should be possible until September...I hope...

And I will start my exercise marathon next week when I'm on vacation....Yes I have a pool and buffet but I go with my friend who is a crazy sport addict and she warned me already we do sport from morning to evening sport.... I hope when I'm back I will continue with it...Lorna....keep reminding me of moving my ass hehe

I'm paying for the gym but I never go. I can't motivate me for the gym. I wonder if I have a exercise machine at home if that makes a difference

LornaDoone wrote:
Katiedot wrote:14 lbs to the stone so you're talking around a stone and a half, or around 10kg. I'm up for the challenge, although as a non-owner of scales (on principle), I'm not sure how I'm going to manage the weekly weigh-in.

LMAO!! Well maybe I should follow suit, throw out my scale then I wouldn't give a damn what I weighed! HA!

LornaDoone wrote:Feel like I'm carrying a couple of stones in my ass so best to get started. How about we get started on June 12th. Just so if anyone needs to eat up any BAD food they've got in their cupboards (or give away) they've go some leeway.

That would be then from the 12th of June to the 12th of September.

LornaDoone wrote:
Duffy wrote:Could always go by dress size. Or pick an item of clothing you can't quite fit into at the moment, and try it on every week until it fits. Smile

Good idea Duffy!

How about we do two week progress reports. Not what we weighed (god forbid I ever put THAT on an open forum) but how much we've lost or at least percentage lost of our ultimate goal!

And the dress or clothing item folks could tell us their progress like "I was able to fit one thigh in the dress before, now I've almost got two in there" or something like that! HA!

Nicky80 wrote:Yep sounds great. I'm up for it.... Yahooooo

Katiedot wrote:Sounds like a plan! I'm in!

LornaDoone wrote:June 12th is go time! Cool!

theminis wrote:In the past when Ive wanted to shift a couple of kilos, I eat every 2 hours until 6pm, do that for 3 weeks and goodbye 4 kilos, but then I go and undo all my good work within the next 3 months, sticking with it has always been my problem.

So I'm in too.

Joanna wrote:Good luck ladies with your active summer project.

Give Flowers2

I seem to have lost a bit of weight lately by my clothes fit...I can wear a favourite black leather jacket again
without it looking too obvious that it's a bit on the
small side. Lol.

I wouldn't recommend my reason for the loss though,
not to anyone. Definitely a BumTits on Stilts time.

theminis wrote:Well stress usually has me losing kilos but I wouldn't recommend that option to anyone either, so walking it is. Ive already started, had a big glass of drinking yoghurt instead of the scrumptious Riccotta pastries my Mother-in-law gave me yesterday!! The Italians on here will probably know the name of it better than I, but its Ricotta/Rice in pastry and simply worth losing your waist over!!

amaretti wrote: This will be fun . Walking is always a great way to lose weight .

sparkie wrote:I'm in.

Joanna wrote:
sparkie wrote:I'm in.

Hi sparkie....good to see you here !

PigPen wrote:
amaretti wrote: This will be fun . Walking is always a great way to lose weight .
That's how I keep my weight under control. Walk 5-6 miles/ day, leave the car in the driveway and walk everywhere. Just a tip... if you are wanting to firm inner thighs, you have to do weight training/ weight resistance. Also, if you want to know where your weight stands according to the medical profession, check out your BMI ( basal metabolic index). Just type in BMI on Google. It will ask for your height and weight, etc. Then let you know where you are on the sliding scale. Good luck. I'm cheering for all of you Cheerleader This big Hello!

melbert wrote:Body mass index (BMI) height/weight ratio

Basal metabolic rate (BMR), and the closely related resting metabolic rate (RMR), is the rate of energy expenditure by humans and other animals at rest

PigPen wrote:Thanks melbert... that's what I meant ( no, seriously. not making excuses). have been living on coffee for the past few days, trying to meet a deadline, and my brain is beginning to melt down Eeek! . mea culpa

Joanna wrote:Just spotted this on MSN UK home page....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Over 50 million people have lost weight with MyFitnessPal's FREE calorie counter
Get free access to the world's largest nutrition and calorie database — over 3 million foods!

• Medical studies show that keeping a food journal DOUBLES your weight loss!
  • Eat whatever you want
  • Easy and fast
  • Completely free, with no strings attached

Lose weight the healthy way
We believe — and medical studies prove — that the best way to lose weight and keep it off forever is to simply keep track of the foods you eat. Gimmicky machines and fad diets don't work, so we designed a free website and mobile apps that make calorie counting and food tracking easy.

MyFitnessPal really works!

"MFP has been instrumental to my weight loss. I've tried countless times to lose weight but nothing worked. Anything restrictive and I would just gain the weight right back.
But MyFitnessPal really works. MFP makes counting calories SO easy.

I log onto my iPhone app every day and I'm proud to say I haven't missed a single day of logging in. The community aspect on this site is amazing and I've made some really great friends throughout this journey. I can't wait to continue losing weight with MFP!"

Juliette Willson (julwills)

Featured In

PigPen wrote:
melbert wrote:Thanks Joanna!

Just clarifying PigPen. I know a little about each of these things and I just wanted to remind people there is a difference.
Appreciate the input melbert. It's been one of those weeks affraid . Could seriously use a bottle of Casamigos, and a straw, forget the glass!

Nicky80 wrote:Ok as we have a goal of loosing weight I started to do some sit ups yesterday in front of my TV.... I woke up today with lot's of pain...my muscles are not used to it LOL....I really have PAIN oohh boy...This will be a hard day to get through...

LornaDoone wrote:LMAO Nicky because I know how that feels.

You know weight loss though is 90% what you eat so you don't have to kill yourself working out right away. BTW did you stretch before and after you exercised? Makes a big difference.

Start slowly whatever you do.

theminis wrote:So we are starting this tomorrow, in my case 11 hours from now when I get up, it will be a brand new day - already organised a walking partner to walk around aimlessly with me for 2 days a week, so that's a start.

melbert wrote:So, do you think a "Diet" or "Losing Weight" thread should be started rather than continuing on in the ChitChat thread? Those who are not participating in the program can then just follow the regular ChitChat and then the discussion for the weight loss can have its own thread.

Joanna wrote:Good idea Mel. Thumbs up!

Nicky80 wrote:OH I forgot to stretch before and after Bricks I will remember it for next time....I guess I concentrate on the food first. I bought a shake which I will try out in the evenings....Did anyone ever tried out those diet shakes? It is my first time....Wonder if it helps to gets started at the beginning....

PigPen wrote:Ohhhhhhhh, please be sure to read the labels carefully if you are going to consume pre-made shakes, foods etc, esp with your new health /diet issues! Hidden gluten-fillers may be lurking. Good luck Nicky

Nicky80 wrote:Good point. When I bought the shake I asked if they know if there is gluten in it and they recommended one which hasn't. Anyway, I just tried it out and tasted so disgusting I nearly through up. Vomit 1 Maybe I have to mix it with frozen fruits like strawberries to change the taste. Now in the summertime it could be a nice ice-shake hehe.

(by the way Pigpen, can you check your PM-Mailbox? I sent you a PM a while a go with regards to "how to quote post from different threads". FYI Wink )

Nicky80 wrote:
melbert wrote:So, do you think a "Diet" or "Losing Weight" thread should be started rather than continuing on in the ChitChat thread? Those who are not participating in the program can then just follow the regular ChitChat and then the discussion for the weight loss can have its own thread.

ah sorry Mel, I didn't see your post yesterday. I replied to Lorna which was still page two but I didn't see we were already on page three. Bricks Yes new thread sounds great Thumbs up!

sparkie wrote:Feeling so very alone here at the moment, watching Soccer wont get the weight off or have we been 'Red Carded' in regards to our ultimate goal?

Katiedot wrote:
sparkie wrote:Feeling so very alone here at the moment, watching Soccer wont get the weight off or have we been 'Red Carded' in regards to our ultimate goal?
Sorry! Yes, we can start up new thread here in the party in the kitchen section. Give me a mo' and I'll copy over all of our previous posts. Not sure what to call the damn thread though. Any ideas?

Joanna wrote:Summer SlimFest ?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet Empty Re: The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:49

So, I did start this on the 12th June - more or less. Work is crazy so I'm more dieting than exercising (bad, bad, bad I know) but I think I've lost about 2kg. Had to borrow scales from a friend.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet Empty Re: The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

Post by premiere Wed 18 Jun 2014, 20:15

I'm in because I need to drop a good 10 pounds. The tricky part of this is we're going on vacation in a few days. I'm glad we have until 9/12 to get 'er done!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:00

I started by drinking more water each day but then I went and ruined it after I made cannoli for the first time, turned out I did a pretty good job, yum.

Walking more - 40 minutes each Wed/Thursday morning only time I am child free -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 18 Jun 2014, 21:40

I have lost a little . I have given up eating snacks late at night .  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Jun 2014, 01:43

Well one tip Ive already shared but here it is again, what works for me is eating every 2 hours, nothing bigger than what fits into the palm of your hand.  That doesn't mean you can cram half a dozen Oreos into your hand either lol.

But yeah that is what works, eating more regularly as I generally don't, increasing water, and 1-2 apples a day, stops me snacking on biscuits.

I will start that part tomorrow as I had a chocolate filled pop tart for breakfast this morning, perhaps don't take any advice from me.

Giving up snacks late at night is a great idea Amaretti
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 19 Jun 2014, 02:14

I would love some chocolate ice cream .
Stroll around with a cup of ice cream . Mmmmm

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 19 Jun 2014, 02:25

Organic Carrot sticks, crunch, crunch, crunch !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Thu 19 Jun 2014, 02:48

Thank You Katiedot for bringing us this wonderful, free GC Summer Slim Fest Challenge!!  cheers 

I would like to sign up as I need to lose 8kgs!

Good Luck to the other posters!

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Jun 2014, 04:56

Joanna wrote:Organic Carrot sticks, crunch, crunch, crunch !

Joanna are you joining the summer healthy slimfest?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Thu 19 Jun 2014, 09:06

My tips are:- 

1. Be realistic about what your owns needs are,  everyone's metabolism is           different, know what works for you.

2. Don't set impossible goals for yourself, you automatically set yourself up to     fail.

3. Even if you don't reach your ultimate goal, losing any weight means you are 
    still a winner. Baby Steps.

4. Do not weigh yourself everyday.

5. Do it for yourself tongue 

Good Luck everyone
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 19 Jun 2014, 09:30

theminis wrote:
Joanna wrote:Organic Carrot sticks, crunch, crunch, crunch !

Joanna are you joining the summer healthy slimfest?

Not officially, I was responding to amaratti's ice cream comments. Lol

Good Luck to everyone participating during the next few weeks.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 18:14

I started too. I didn't eat any caps the last 4 days. And I did a lot of hiking and I didn't eat much fruits like bananas or grapes which have lot's of sugar. But I didn't loose anything because even though I didn't eat any caps I did eat a lot of food - meet and veggies- as I was on vacation and it was buffet food.  Rolling Eyes So I probably eat twice as much as I normally eat. But tomorrow I go back to my normal portions and continue with no carps....I want to try to eat more soups ....maybe this will help.....Or maybe I did too much hiking and build up muscles maybe that's why I didn't loose anything???? mmhhh
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 18:15

Oh I forgot....i was drinking wine everyday....ok I' stop that too.....Maybe that was it  Embarassed
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 19:23

Nicky, I'd go with the building up muscle. A little wine is good for you!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:05

bananas are good for you and great for energy, the healthy option

basically all things in moderation, count your calories and excercise even if its only half hour a day just keep moving, you dont need to by a gym membership or get a home gym, go walking, fresh air is amazing unless you live in a city like me but walk to work, at lunch time and home if possible or get a group of friends and do a half hour walk every night after tea
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:45

If no one loses weight after so much effort, just put it down to having heavy bones, as someone in my family used to say !

Yahooooo 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 13:43

Picachu wrote:bananas are good for you and great for energy, the healthy option

basically all things in moderation, count your calories and excercise even if its only half hour a day just keep moving, you dont need to by a gym membership or get a home gym, go walking, fresh air is amazing unless you live in a city like me but walk to work, at lunch time and home if possible or get a group of friends and do a half hour walk every night after tea

True, but if you want to lose weight then at the beginning bananas are not so good as they have lot's of sugar (and grapes too) better to eat other fruits. Apricots are good and healthy and blackberries and blueberries are very healthy and really good for you.  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 18:58

Last year I lost 45 lbs. I started by just leaving a couple of bites of food on my plate at each meal. Once I got used to the fact that it was okay not to "clean my plate" portion control got much easier.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 19:53

WOW that is around 20kg that's not easy to do. When you lost it how did you keep your new weight? Sometimes I think it is easy to lose it but harder to keep the new weight and not gain back the old weight.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 20:36

Once my weight started going down I got more active. Lots of walking and working in the yard (which I love).  The biggest thing for me has been to eat more slowly, so I have a chance to know when I am full before I eat too much. Another thing I do, especially when I am home a lot, if I think I am hungry I will drink a glass of water and wait about 15 minutes.  Sometimes dehydration and hunger create similar feelings.  For me it is all about making changes that you can sustain.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jun 2014, 20:53

great
me too I try with water sometimes

it works

...sometimes Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 20 Jun 2014, 21:26

The human body is a wonderful thing.

It will do what it is supposed to do if you give it the correct nutrients and exercise.

If you want a jump start on your weight loss and you have access to a high quality, no sugar added either whey or hemp protein powder you could do the following.  (And yes I know it works).

Days 1, 2, 4 & 6
Drink a sugar free (this is important) protein drink mixed with low or no sugar almond milk.  I have a vanilla flavored whey drink that I use but am switching to hemp protein powder once my order comes in.  Hemp protein is less likely to cause gas. Drink that for breakfast and for dinner.

Two hours or so after your breakfast drink, have a protein snack -- two to four ounces.  For instance some raw almonds or 2 ounces of string cheese, or one or two hard boiled eggs.

At lunch eat 4 to 6 ounces of lean protein NO CARBS.  So no veggies, no fruit, no bread, etc. definitely NO WiNE  :-)

Two hours after lunch each a protein snack as noted above.

Then for dinner as noted above, have the whey or hemp protein shake.  Also, very important, do not add any fruit to the shakes.

Drink plenty of water.

What happens in the first two days (48 hours) is that the body uses up ALL of the stored glucose (sugar) in the bloodstream.  Once that happens it starts to burn fat RAPIDLY.

Days 3, 5 and 7

Drink the shakes as noted above for breakfast and dinner.

Also, the snacks are the same.

But for lunch eat a 500 to 600 calorie lunch that includes lean carbs.  No white potatoes and no white rice or pasta, but you could eat a baked sweet potato or yam plus other veggies.  For instance a green salad but with no processed dressings, just something like a good olive oil and vinegar.

This 7 day plan - if followed to a "T" could allow you to lose from 7 to 15 pounds in a week.

I have done this myself and lost 10 pounds in six days.

But there are caveats.

First, if you have any issues digesting protein you may not find this a good plan.  Or you may have to take a good quality enzyme with it.

And I don't recommend it for long term use because frankly, it gets boring.

But it works.

The trick is those first 48 hours.  Once your body gets used to burning fat for fuel it does it very rapidly and efficiently and continues to burn fat especially from areas like the mid-section.

They recommend you don't exercise during the first week as your body would need more calories than you are putting in.

And of course, as always, don't start any program if you have health issues or without speaking to your doctor if you are on any kind of medication.

This program works though, there are thousands of people who have done it.

And yes, there will be some of you who will sound the alarm about high protein diets.

Here are some things to remember.

Much of that was due to people doing this "diet" incorrectly.  Eating HIGH fat proteins such as fatty meats and too many processed meats.  Also too many folks would use whole fat dairy products.  This also is not good.

If you have a high quality lean protein, if the shake you are using is also high quailtiy whey or hemp you will be more likely to lose the weight.

For those in the US I do not recommend using soy shakes as the soy is GMO.  I don't care what the "experts" at Monsato say.  GMO soy is not good.  Also, men should not eat soy anyway since soy mimics female hormones.  Last thing guys need is to add something to their diet that increases female hormone production in their body.  http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects

Yes, I'll be starting this once my shake powder comes in mid next week.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 21:55

I bought a different shake powder I think two weeks ago and the taste was so awful that I mix the shake with fruits. I guess that was wrong now reading your post. SHIT....

I never heard about whey or hemp powder. I need to check if I can buy it here somewhere....Which one taste better?

My friend was recommending this protein diet too. But she said the same thing like you. If you don't do it right it will not work. So she sent me an email with some tips how to do it. Now with your tips above I think I will try it again. I will start on Monday as I bought now so many fruits this weekend for my shake....They need to go first LOL.....

question....you know with the snacks...As I'm always on the road a lot I always try to have boiled eggs with me....And you wrote above eggs are fine for snacks (which makes me happy  Very Happy )
But i read once that it is not good to eat more then two eggs a week I think because of the blood cholesterol???. But at the moment I would say I eat 1 or 2 eggs everyday. Is that bad?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 20 Jun 2014, 22:11

Eggs got a bad rap for a long time. it's not as bad as it seems.

If you're concerned then eat three hard boiled egg WHITES intead of two whole eggs. The yolk is where there seemed to be an issue.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 20 Jun 2014, 22:58

Great tips ladies
Pita - so impressed, good idea re water
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 20 Jun 2014, 23:03

Are you. Buying specific shakes and if so which ones LornaDoone
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 21 Jun 2014, 00:30

I use the whey protein packets .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 21 Jun 2014, 02:47

I found a hemp powder online.  It was recommended in a woman's magazine to use in shakes. Since I don't want this to become a site recommending specific products please PM me if you want to know the brand I purchased.

If you decide you don't want to do the protein shakes and prefer to do fruit and veggie smoothies, using them to replace one or more meals a day, you can also use the hemp powder in those.

But frankly, if you want to lose weight efficiently, do the 7 day protein program.  The fruit smoothies will continue to add sugars to your bloodstream so your body won't burn fat.  And you take the risk of burning muscle instead.

Another thing I didn't mention.  NO diet sodas, no fruit juices, no regular sodas. No Starbucks blended coffees.  You could do black coffee or iced coffee with no cream and no sugar.  Especially those first 48 hours.

If you can find a drink mix that has STEVIA ONLY in it to sweeten it you can use that.  Or if you want to, for instance, brew your own iced tea and then add Stevia, you could do that since Stevia doesn't spike the blood sugar quite the same way as other sugars.  Use it sparingly though.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 21 Jun 2014, 03:09

Lorna I love stevia and use it in my coffee . I gave up blended mocha drinks , now I just order iced coffee . I really enjoyed shrimps on the grill tonight , they had to be peeled .  Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 21 Jun 2014, 03:58

I like shrimp too but they come with some risks.  Doesn't stop me from eating them though.  They do have Omega-3s but high cholesterol potential.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=107

A lot of good info about shrimp at the link.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 21 Jun 2014, 05:08

Thanks Lorna I found that link informative . The shrimp I put on the grill were not peeled .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:26

Thanks Lorna for the Link. I bought Shrimps yesterday.

The website is great. I entered different kind of foods in the search section for example brown rice. The website in amazing and I like it that I can understand the explanations there about food  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 17:36

Jo I moved your post to the thread below to the food talk thread. This thread is about our diet   Thumbs up! Thanks.

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t2712p200-recipe-sharing-food-talk#191193
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Jun 2014, 17:39

Thanks Nicky.....I didn't think it was the right
place after I'd done it ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 24 Jun 2014, 16:28

3kgs down so far!!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 24 Jun 2014, 18:17

Katiedot wrote:3kgs down so far!!!  

Wow that's great!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 24 Jun 2014, 18:21

Very Happy  I lost maybe 3 lbs so far .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 24 Jun 2014, 19:27

I lost 500 gram which is 1.1 pounds. I do small steps LOL...but hey Katie....you beat us all. SHIT.....   Razz 

Lorna did you got your shake yet?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 24 Jun 2014, 21:22

Yes the hemp protein arrived yesterday and I had one for dinner.  I have to say I was absolutely NOT hungry for the rest of the evening.

I also had one this morning and again, not munching mid-morning like I had been so this is working out well.

I had a piece of chicken breast for lunch and I also had a small cup of coleslaw but it did not have mayo it was with a light vinegrette dressing and since it was mostly cabbage doesn't carry a heavy carb load.

Will have another shake tonight and see how it goes. But if this "not feeling hungry" feeling keeps up then I know I'll stick to it.

I noted my beginning weight but I won't weigh myself till the end of the week.

Oh and don't just go by pounds/kgs also measure yourself.  You may find you're losing inches but not as much weight as you had hoped.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 24 Jun 2014, 22:08

I lost 1.5kg which is nothing really probably gain it all back in fluid retention next week.  Was supposed to be going for my walk this morning, but the high wind factor a concern, surrounded by way too many trees and I don't want to get donged on the head!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 25 Jun 2014, 02:09

You need to put some of the "stones" that others are losing in your pockets so the wind doesn't blow you away!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:01

Ok I had a whey protein drink and grilled tuna and veggies .
 Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:05

What kind of veggies amaretti?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:08

Yellow zucchini , red sweet pepper , mushrooms and tomatoes . I also grilled some organic lemons and sliced up some avocado with lemon .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:32

Went for my walk, the severe weather pushed back till this afternoon, finished it with a banana smoothie - healthy one, organic, 99% fat free, teeniest amount of sugar, extremely filling.  Lunch is a super boring salad, with tuna, no dressing other than lemon juice.  Have only had 2 coffees today -
Going for another 1 hour walk tonight whist kids are soccer training - thanks for the motivation ladies
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 25 Jun 2014, 03:37

amaretti wrote: Yellow zucchini , red sweet pepper , mushrooms  and tomatoes  . I also grilled some organic lemons  and sliced up some avocado with lemon .

Sounds good!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Wed 25 Jun 2014, 09:17

2.5 kilos even with Chocolate Crackles and Fairy Bread. Congrats to everyone we are brilliant.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 18:49

Well not so brilliant here....I had a stressfull day today and missed lunch and now I was so hungry that I ordered fries.... headbang  headbang  headbang   Sad  Sad  Sad
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:09

That's ok . A little fries are ok .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next