George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   Empty George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks

Post by Nicky80 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 21:04

The article is not really clear to me (I have a blond moment) does it mean George pranked him too or Don Cheadle thought it was a prank of George but wasn't  scratch 

George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks  

Hey Don Cheadle, if you see a huge contribution on your Indiegogo, better make sure it’s not George Clooney punking you – yet again.

News this week that Cheadle is looking to crowdfund his longtime pet project, a biopic of Miles Davis with himself in the title role, reminds us of a great story Clooney’s been telling for awhile, on TV shows and to an Esquire writer.
As part of his ongoing prank war with Brad Pitt, Clooney apparently had a set of letterhead made up to send Lazlo-style letters out as his punk-buddy.

One of the letters went to Cheadle, breaking the bad news that Pitt’s production company had scooped the rights to the Miles pic out from under him but still wanted him in the movie.

But wait. Wait for it … wait for it.

“It was a note that Brad was going to be producing the Miles Davis movie and Jamie Foxx was going to be starring in the movie,” Cheadle said on ‘CBS This Morning’ back in 2012.

“Was I interested in playing Charlie Parker in the film?”

“It smelled a little Clooney,” Cheadle said. “It was.”

Thursday best bets: If you're a fan of the guitar sound behind Buika on her last few CDs, you might not be aware that it came not only from her guitarist, but her producer. Javier Limon debuts his new duo, Magos & Limon, with Mexican singer Magos Herrera, Thursday night at Joe's Pub. Their first CD, "Dawn," is out on OKeh, and it's a startlingly stark album featuring just guitar and voice.

"I understood from the beginning it was going to be a very intimate and naked thing," said Herrera, sort of Mexico's version of Dee Dee Bridgewater, having hosted her own jazz radio and TV shows there. "That's a very Latin American and very flamenco thing to do."

For Limon, it's another chance to connect deeply with a vocalist.

"She understands harmony and chords, and my conversations with her are conversations with a true musician," Limon said. "Discovering that made it possible for us to be really creative in the arrangements."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   Empty Re: George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks

Post by Pita428 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 23:03

It's not you, poorly written article. I have heard him tell this story, he pranked him.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks   Empty Re: George Clooney's 'Miles Ahead' of Don Cheadle as king of pranks

Post by melbert Fri 06 Jun 2014, 02:13

Agreed - old story as they've both told it before.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down