I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Can we tone the number of games down a bit?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Can we tone the number of games down a bit?

Post by LornaDoone on Thu May 29 2014, 04:13

Cold? Really? I thanked her for making me laugh. She's the one who decided to make THIS a reason for leaving the forum.

I'm not the one blowing this out of proportion.

Everyone here is an adult. I'm not going to coddle anyone. She makes whatever decisions she wants to make and if she feels it's better to leave then that's her decision.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Thu May 29 2014, 04:15

LizzyNY wrote:Is this really so important that it's worth losing long-standing posters over it? Maybe EVERYONE should take a break and revisit the issue in a couple of days. There might be a compromise to be reached if we take a little time to think it over. Sad 

Same response Lizzy -- SHE has decided to leave.  No one is asking her to leave or forcing her out.

This site was started as a fan site for George.  To ask that continue to be the focus is NOT out of line. The compromise has been discussed but the gamers don't want a compromise.

I have enjoyed mels posts but the only person who can make her decisions is mel and so I chose to respect her choice.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Thu May 29 2014, 04:44

I don't think anyone came here for the games rather than the George Clooney news. So why make it the reason for leaving?
It would still be a wonderful fan site without the games.

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Thu May 29 2014, 04:52

Thanks Sevens. That's how I feel too.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Thu May 29 2014, 05:27

Me too

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan on Thu May 29 2014, 10:00

Can we address the elephant in the room here, poster's are playing more games because it provides a blessed relief from the CAR CRASH that is Amal with George.  Never have so many games been played with previous GF, but never did we feel in need of a calming diversion.
Where is superwomen or wonderwoman  when you need them, some gal out there swoop down and save him!  Give us a gal we enjoy writing about and we will happily post not game.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 10:17

Joanna wrote:  There've been 11 games for nearly a year now.  Is there any particular reason why they've suddenly become irksome ?
 Because it's not usually been the case that so many games have all been on the go all at one time.  Usually you guys limit it to a small handful of games, which, while still being annoying, can be more easily overlooked. NOW however there are so many that they're overwhelming.  

Joanna wrote: We're all mature women here so why does it feel like I'm back at school and have to be controlled ?
 Because you don't seem to be able to control yourself.  I gave you two options: manage the number of games you play yourselves or I will manage it for you.  Really, it's your choice.

Joanna wrote: Is that really the only logical reason ?
 Yes, that's the reason.  Your games threads are overwhelming the George Clooney threads and this is a George Clooney site.  This isn't and never will be a games site.  When there are 15 or more George Clooney threads I can live with three or four games threads but when there's only one or two Clooney threads I don't want to see 12 games threads.   I've asked you, nicely and politely, to tone down the number of games being played and was greeted by a barrage of anger and threats.  

Joanna wrote:If some games have to be closed down,then may the members who use the Games regularly be given the chance to decide which
ones they want to be left accessible ?
 If you bothered to read my post at all you'll see that I've very clearly asked you to nominate which games you want kept open.  

I've also said that if you yourselves limit the number of games you play, you can keep them all open.

LizzyNE wrote:Is this really so important that it's worth losing long-standing posters over it? Maybe EVERYONE should take a break and revisit the issue in a couple of days. There might be a compromise to be reached if we take a little time to think it over.
To be honest, I wouldn't have thought it so important that posters would go storming off in a huff, but then what would I know?

There IS a compromise and it's one I've suggested from the very start: for the games players themselves to cut down on the number of games they play. Nobody's asking them to stop altogether, just reduce the number.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 11:10; edited 1 time in total

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan on Thu May 29 2014, 10:22

Alisonfan wrote:Can we address the elephant in the room here, poster's are playing more games because it provides a blessed relief from the CAR CRASH that is Amal with George.  Never have so many games been played with previous GF, but never did we feel in need of a calming diversion.
Where is superwomen or wonderwoman  when you need them, some gal out there swoop down and save him!  Give us a gal we enjoy writing about and we will happily post not game.

Mmmmmm.katiedot, Sound like Marie Antoinette, let them eat cake, George with Amal ain't cake!

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 11:20

Alisonfan wrote:Can we address the elephant in the room here, poster's are playing more games because it provides a blessed relief from the CAR CRASH that is Amal with George.  Never have so many games been played with previous GF, but never did we feel in need of a calming diversion.
If you ask me ALL of his relationships so far have been car crashes.  

Just my opinion here, but there'll never be a woman we'll enjoy writing about.  For the longest time we've lied to ourselves and pretended that the only reason we didn't like the girlfriend du jour was because of her shameless behaviour and that if only George dated 'a woman of substance' we'd wholeheartedly get behind her.  Unfortunately for our vanities, George is now dating such a woman and lo and behold she's not good enough for us either!  Of course we're not going to admit this to ourselves and instead will find a whole host of 'logical reasons' to dress up why we dislike Amal.  

I don't think that playing these games is going to make anyone feel better about the impending loss of George's batchelorhood.  I'd far rather we ranted, wailed and tore our hair out in the George Clooney section of the forum (create your own, new thread if you can't find an appropriate one) rather than self-medicate in the games section.  Or join the chit chat in the kitchen section of the forum if you need to unload on the shitty day you've had at work.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Thu May 29 2014, 12:12

self-medicate?

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 29 2014, 13:19

I did bother to read your post Katie, hence my reply.

However....Can we have the following
Four most popular games left open please ?
Thank you very much.

1. The Or Game.   953 posts

2.  Have You Ever ?  920 posts

3.  Every Five Words  859 posts

4.  A-Z of Wonderful Things.  846 posts

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu May 29 2014, 13:27

agree

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 13:31

Sure, Joanna.

My suggestion is that you choose which THREE of those you want to play this week and send a pm or create a new thread to tell other players that these are the THREE games threads open for the time being.  

I'll leave all the other games threads open so you guys can decide for yourselves if you want to change to THREE other games threads in coming weeks.  

But I'm making it very clear here that if any of you have an accidentally-on-purpose whoops-forgot-we-were-only-supposed-to-be-playing-three-games moments, I'll simply close them all down and that will be that. This is for you guys to manage, not me.  How you manage it is up to you, but I'm not wasting time on locking, unlocking, locking, unlocking, and locking and unlocking threads for you all.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 29 2014, 13:35

Sorry I thought you said you'd be happy with 3 or 4 games being used.
Obviously I chose the higher number. Lol

A thought......

Of course, unless you wipe off completely the threads 
for the games that aren't being played anymore, 
they'll still be listed when one clicks on
 "posts since last visit" 

That's why it always looks like a lot because the old threads are still there even after reaching page 20 
and they're not being currently used.

Maybe some tidying up needs to be done 
by a moderator ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 13:37

Nope, only threads that have new posts show up on 'posts since last visit' so if you're only playing three threads, only those three will pop up.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 29 2014, 13:42

Please can we have the four requested ?

We promise not to use the others.
We are responsible adults.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu May 29 2014, 14:04

You can have ALL of them Joanna. Just pick three each week and chop and change as you wish.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu May 29 2014, 14:07

Katiedot wrote:My suggestion is that you choose which THREE of those you want to play this week and send a pm or create a new thread to tell other players that these are the THREE games threads open for the time being.

Joanna can PM again? YAY!!!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Fri May 30 2014, 00:04

Sounds fair to me. Glad you're still here, Mel. Very Happy 

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Fri May 30 2014, 01:53

melbert

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:22

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum