» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

» New Nespresso ad filming in Miami? 24.1.16
Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:37 by Alisonfan

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Can we tone the number of games down a bit?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can we tone the number of games down a bit?

Post by Katiedot on Tue May 27 2014, 10:31

Hi ladies

Is there any chance of cutting down on the number of games you're playing at the moment? I logged in today to find 18 undread threads. Yippee, I thought to myself, so much wonderful Clooney news to read today, but actually there were only 4 threads relating to George and the rest were chit chat stuff and games.

Can you limit to maybe three games threads to play on? This is a Clooney site, not a games site and I'm not the only one who's really saddened to see that the majority of posts here have nothing to do with George.

Thanks

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we tone the number of games down a bit?

Post by Picachu on Tue May 27 2014, 10:58

cheers 

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ispy on Tue May 27 2014, 11:05

There is NO George Clooney news, he is getting married.

ispy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue May 27 2014, 14:42

Pick the top three and lock or delete all the rest. That's my vote in case anyone is asking.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 14:52

What harm are a few people playing some games together doing to the forum ? 
I honestly don't understand what the problem is.

We who use the Games thread aren't the ones who fight with each other, attack each other, occasionally cause mayhem and dissent.
 Quite the opposite in fact because the Games thread is a happy place to visit in order to chill out and relax from life's difficulties IMO.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue May 27 2014, 15:05

Joanna this is a forum about George Clooney sometimes when I come in the mornings the only thread visited are the game thread. I have to slough through post after post of games to get to one George Clooney story. New readers and posters then have to do the same.

It gets annoying.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 16:14

But surely Lorna the annoying thing is that some days there's just NOTHING for anyone to post about George.
So it's unfair to blame the posters on the 
Games thread IMO.

I used to quickly scroll through all the threads and posts about SK and EC over the years, but never found it annoying just because I didn't want to join in.

Some of us have things going on in our lives that are very difficult to cope with, which people on here know nothing about, and therefore we enjoy the escape and the happy ambience on the Games thread.
Have a heart gal.  flower

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue May 27 2014, 17:28

Joanna, when you first come to the forum and click on the "view posts since last visit" link and you see nothing but thread after thread of games it makes one wonder if they really are on a George Clooney forum.

It's only a few posters who get involved with the games. I gave them up months ago. There are hundreds of games sites out on the web.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Tue May 27 2014, 17:34

i have to agree, no discrepect but this is a George Clooney site not a games site, theres are loads of games sites that can be played in on the internet.

Is there anyway to detach your user profile from the games area so you dont see all the posts?

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 17:41

Lorna....And I'm one of them, so is Melbert. 

The other Game thread regulars contribute on 
other threads too.
 You know I'm a George fan from all the 
pictures I post.... Lol.
20 plus years a fan, still going strong and 
looking forward to him being married !

I refuse to feel unwanted on here.  Sofa bounce

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue May 27 2014, 18:33

Jo, I think the way forward is to get Our Hero to play on one of the games threads....................

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 18:36

lol! .....I believe he does already   lol! 

I'm delusional as well as weird !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 18:39

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue May 27 2014, 18:56

Joanna wrote:But surely Lorna the annoying thing is that some days there's just NOTHING for anyone to post about George
I find that really, really sad to read from a fan. There are every day two or three new threads about George. You really have no opinions on anything Clooney-related? Nothing at all?

This is a George Clooney fan site, not a games site, and I'm asking you guys to keep it that way please.

I never wanted games on this site and was persuaded to let one thread be created. I'm asking you nicely if you coud limit it because I'm created this site for Clooney fans to come and chat about Clooney stuff. You guys currently have 12 games threads running at the moment - that's more threads than we had about his wedding plans at any one time and it's excessive.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Tue May 27 2014, 20:07

First, I have never come on to this forum to see a list of all and only games being displayed. But then that is just me.

I have to agree with Joanna. I love the games, and not all the games are being played at the same time, so I dont see a problem.
I come to this website and play the games as a way of bringing down my level of energy before delving into the "what is George doing today" business.
In argument to the "this is a George site", so we have to remove games, then you would also have to remove the "What Amal is wearing" and "What Amal does for work".
So you say that it is ok since she is related to George? Well, I think that the games involve posters whoare all here because of George.
My two cents worth

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Tue May 27 2014, 20:22

Also dawned on me as I was playing some games, that the games threads is a great way to get to know the people that we converse with on this form. I now have several friends that I email on a regular basis, other friends that I send cards to in the mail, etc, all because I got to know these people while playing game threads.

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue May 27 2014, 21:26

May be time for a poll.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Tue May 27 2014, 21:27

Nothing wrong with the games. I´d prob participate more, but it´s bec of the language  Very Happy We are playing them while waiting news or pics of him  Very Happy 

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue May 27 2014, 21:53

The inability to understand simple English is very worrying on this site.  For those who had difficulties understanding my first post, here it is again made really simple:

I didn't ask you to stop all games threads, I asked if you could cut down on how many there are.  Currently you've got 12 on the go.  That's too many.  

The reason for this is because the games threads are overwhelming the Clooney-related threads.  This is a Clooney fan site and while I'm happy for some chit chat and non-George stuff, he is the main reason why we're all here and I would like the majority of the threads on this site to be Clooney-related.  

If any of you have difficulty in figuring out whether George Clooney's fiancee counts as a subject related to George . . .

Are we clear now?

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Tue May 27 2014, 22:07

I can´t say what would be an ideal balance between games and Clooney related stuff. 0 games or 100 games doesn´t make a difference to me. I don´t know how other members see it.

But all the news are pretty much out there already. Maybe wedding pics, honeymoon pics are left to make big time. But unless something comes up in the business front or this current thing takes unexpected turn - I don´t see much really news worthy things ahead.

So maybe games and little news is good.

Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Tue May 27 2014, 22:20

Agree the games should be limited, think a poll is the best way to decide which games remain.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 23:01

What I meant was that quite often there isn't any new news about George, but just continuations on the same existing threads. 
Sometimes my words get muddled. Lol

If I have something to say that's relevant to a topic and that expresses my honest opinion, feelings or thoughts then I'll post it. 
Recently I've posted my opinions about his engagement and forthcoming marriage in the relevant threads. I'm not one for repeating myself.

I mainly contribute to the forum with pictures of George. 
My motivation is to give pleasure to the fans of George
here on this forum by sharing the pictures that I have.

And, like playful, I've made some good friendships across the pond because of our mutual following of George and our mutual enjoyment of the Games thread.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 27 2014, 23:19

theminis wrote:Agree the games should be limited, think a poll is the best way to decide which games remain.  

A poll is an idea for discussion.
Would it be for everyone or for just the people who participate 
in the games ? They may have the best idea of which 
game they prefer to keep.

Katie
Is it not possible to have a Games Section with just 
the existing title showing on the home page, and not each
post showing, which seems to annoy some folk ?

I've seen that on another forum and one has to go into
the Games section first before all the actual games are listed.

Sorry, if I'm not making myself clear, it's nearly bed time.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed May 28 2014, 03:37

This is fucked up.

I am a HUGE George fan (literally and figuratively), but some of the "George-related" and "Amal-related" threads are just constant bickering and bantering, and quite frankly, quite unnerving to me.

I come to the game section to relax after a damn ridiculous effed up day at work. I read all the other threads first, even the asinine Music thread (hoping the videos will finally be something enjoyable). I enjoy learning new words (thanks Joanna!!) and phrases, reading about the movies that someone has posted that I never heard of, and genuinely laughing out loud at some of the responses on all the game threads.

I NEVER use the "view posts since last visit". I scroll down the whole length of the board and click on to each thread that has its light lit. I don't want to miss anything.

Yes, I DO understand simple English, but I think that it's the "tone" in which is was written. "I never wanted games on this site and was persuaded to let one thread be created." Katie, I do appreciate COH and I have been here since day one, as you well know. I know WHY it was created and I am grateful for that.

I NEED my George fix everyday, sometimes several times a day, but I do agree that there are days or times that there is no NEW news, just continuations of conversations from the many George and/or Amal threads. That doesn't stop me from coming here, just cuz' there's no NEW news.

RE: Online games... I do play a few on FB, but there is NO interaction with other people there. I'm not a social butterfly, and sometimes the main interaction I have with people is thru this forum. I know, sad really... I don't get those with online games. Plus they get you hooked then CHARGE you to play more - bastards!

So, now for the poll. I truly cannot pick which game(s) I want to do away with, so I will be no help there. However, since it appears that so many are offended by the Games thread, and wouldn't click on it, I think that the poll should be done "In the Kitchen" where it will be a fair and equitable vote.

JMFHAO

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 28 2014, 03:48

Geezus this is getting worse than the Eli threads.

Frankly, it's a site started by katie and so I think on this one point I'll defer to what she wants to do.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 28 2014, 03:51

BTW when I came on the site since 2 pm my time today, it's now almost 8 the top 11 threads were all games and ALL last visited by melbert.

That's what I'm talking about. You hit view posts since last visit and it looks like a game site not a George Clooney site.

If there's a way to keep the posts in that section from showing up in the posts since last visit that would be helpful but I doubt you can limit it like that. Unless there is functionality that katie can set up that we the mods don't see.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed May 28 2014, 04:38

I believe that she addressed it before and there was nothing available to isolate the games thread.  

And yes, I did post in all the game threads.  I just came home from a BITCH of a day, saw this thread, ignored it until after I played my games, played my games, relaxed, then responded.  Now done and over with.

Actually, I only played 10 of the active games. And now I'm all revved up again and am not able to go to sleep yet. Dammit.

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Wed May 28 2014, 05:59

And ive just logged on And of the 18 threads notifications, 11 are games so yes could they be reduced somehow, it's a bit much

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 08:06

We are all in different time zones aren't we ?
So if I play some games here in UK at midnight then a person in USA will see my name next morning in LA.
Now I've checked in before 8am and it's nice to see familiar names in the games from overnight.

Lorna I disagree.....this isn't getting worse than the Eli threads IMO. We're all being very polite and speaking honestly from the heart. And one person is getting very upset about it too.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 08:32

Morning Katie...I've had an idea with my coffee !
 Sofa bounce 

Could there be an "annex" to COH for all the games?
With a link to it where the links are for the FaceBook 
And Twitter pages. 

That would isolate it from the main Forum section but it would still be affiliated to COH for members only.

Is that possible to be set up ?
That way it would keep everyone happy, which is 
the purpose in life IMO.

You could call it something witty like....George Clooney's Play Room or something like that ?
What do you think ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Wed May 28 2014, 08:55

tongue 

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 09:15

A final thought, for what it's worth of course.

Katie runs a good forum here and rather like
a happy ship, why spoil it with a h'porth of tar ?

As I've mentioned before, I think we who play the games 
help in a small way to create a happy ambience IMO.

Give Flowers2 ......Have a good day everyone.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed May 28 2014, 10:06

Joanna wrote:Katie
Is it not possible to have a Games Section with just 
the existing title showing on the home page, and not each
post showing, which seems to annoy some folk ?
LornaDoone wrote:If there's a way to keep the posts in that section from showing up in the posts since last visit that would be helpful but I doubt you can limit it like that.  Unless there is functionality that katie can set up that we the mods don't see.
Unfortunately not, otherwise I would have done that already. Sad

Joanna wrote:Could there be an "annex" to COH for all the games?
In theory yes, but it means setting up another forum and then making a link to it from here. Let me think on that or if any of you would like to run it, let me know.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 11:02

Thanks Katie....

I wouldn't mind running it once it's set up.
I'd need some "in house training" of course, 
 but I've got the time to spend on it.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Wed May 28 2014, 11:37

I am a full time carer for my Stepfather who has Dementia. With stolen moments through the day I visit COH sometimes interacting with people, sometimes playing a few games, why?...to somehow hold onto my sanity. So to the Fun Police I am sorry didn't mean to make life harder for you.

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Wed May 28 2014, 13:56

Joanna wrote:Morning Katie...I've had an idea with my coffee !
 Sofa bounce 

Could there be an "annex" to COH for all the games?
With a link to it where the links are for the FaceBook 
And Twitter pages. 

That would isolate it from the main Forum section but it would still be affiliated to COH for members only.

Is that possible to be set up ?
That way it would keep everyone happy, which is 
the purpose in life IMO.

You could call it something witty like....George Clooney's Play Room or something like that ?
What do you think ?

Huh? Are you seriously asking for another forum to be created solely for games, but which is affiliated to COH?? I don't understand why the games section is so important that you would want another mini site created, or am I not understanding correctly.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 28 2014, 14:42

sparkie wrote:I am a full time carer for my Stepfather who has Dementia. With stolen moments through the day I visit COH sometimes interacting with people, sometimes playing a few games, why?...to somehow hold onto my sanity. So to the Fun Police I am sorry didn't mean to make life harder for you.

Well I think it's great that you're caring for your stepfather many just throw their parents into homes and forget about them.

But we're not here to play with your sanity. We've just been saying that if games are important to you then there are many game sites on the internet.

As to the annexed site, I think a separate site, not affiliated with COH is something that can be done and someone else could run it but why is this something that katie has to work on? She's got enough on her plate with this site and yes her full time job so if the gamers here want to set up a site then please do so.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 15:22

No theminis I think you're not understanding it correctly.
Maybe you haven't read the whole thread  ?

It was an idea of mine this morning to help eliminate all the posts on the Games threads appearing daily on the home page after one has clicked on "view posts since last visit" because Katie, Lorna and another find so many appearing annoying.
 I was trying to be helpful, that's all, and Katie said 
she'd "think about it."
So has she asked the mods to reply for her ?

Why do I feel antagonism creeping into what has 
been a polite thread ? There's no need for it IMO.
I thought we were all friends here brought together 
by our enjoyment of George Clooney ?

confused

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Wed May 28 2014, 15:37

I don´t know if this insight is any helpful, but games have not bothered me. Front page lay out is very clear. If games sometimes monopolize "latest topics" I see no harm in there. Clooney news are equal click away anyways. If people like them I´d keep them.  Very Happy 

Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 28 2014, 17:02

The only ones making this an issue are those who are feeling put upon for participating in the games threads.

Sorry you feel you're being attacked.  We've just been trying to get the point across that this is a George Clooney site but when you come on and over half of the recent posts are for games it doesn't seem like it's about George but about your need to relax, keep your sanity, and all the other reasons the gamers are using to defend their play.

I'm not attacking anyone just pointing out that the games seems to be taking over the forum and if you need that type of relaxation and diversion why don't you start a site just for that?  

See it takes a lot of time to setup, run and moderate a site.  I think some of you realize that and don't want to do that just have someone else do it for you so you can enjoy your day.

I say if you want that kind of site then also take on the tasks that go with it and not expect katie to do it for you.  I don't think that's in any way hostile or argumentative.  Just stating a fact.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed May 28 2014, 17:59

Joanna wrote:It was an idea of mine this morning to help eliminate all the posts on the Games threads appearing daily on the home page after one has clicked on "view posts since last visit" because Katie, Lorna and another find so many appearing annoying.
 I was trying to be helpful, that's all, and Katie said 
she'd "think about it."
 Yes, but as I wrote, the only way I have of doing that is to set up a whole new forum for you, and then find a way of linking that forum to this one. Not sure if I really want to take that on.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 28 2014, 20:09

That's fine Katie, it was just a suggestion and I was waiting for YOUR decision, as you said you'd think 
about it.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 on Wed May 28 2014, 20:32

I know I haven't been a member here that long but it seems like the game play goes up when George news goes down. For me since I am here it is a way of interacting with people that I have been getting to know and like when I have nothing new to add to the current topics. In the beginning it was also an easier way to ease into posting since I had not really posted on a site like this previously. Just my two cents but I would miss the games. Oh, and just wondering do they really need to be moderated? Can't y'all just skip over them since they are basically just a happy place?

Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed May 28 2014, 20:51

Pita, no one's asking for all the games to stop and there are plenty of other threads for chatting and getting to know each other. The problem is that there are now so many games threads that they're flooding the page and impossible to skip over.

Seeing as the game players don't seem to be able to manage to cut down on the threads, I can do it for them. I'm happy to keep it to three threads. Let me know which three and I'll close the rest tomorrow. Otherwise, you can cut down on the number of games you play at any one time and I'll keep them all open as long as the game players limit which ones they're playing on at any one time.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 29 2014, 00:56

There've been 11 games for nearly a year now.
Is there any particular reason why they've suddenly 
become irksome ?

We're all mature women here so why does it feel like 
I'm back at school and have to be controlled ?

I'm not being rude, I'm just honestly confused by the attitude and reading others posts, I don't seem to be the only one.

No one has yet given a clear logical reason why there's a problem NOW with a few mature women enjoying themselves on a lovely forum, when it's been going on for two and a half years.
I just don't honestly understand the logic.  flower 

Maybe if some of the games have to be closed down 
and we are to be treated like naughty schoolgirls, 
then at least explain the logic ?

All that's been by said is that's it's upsetting or annoying or heartbreaking to have to scroll down the home page to get to new posts about anything Clooney.

Is that really the only logical reason ? 
I'm confused.com.

Good night

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu May 29 2014, 02:26

P S

If some games have to be closed down,
then may the members who use the Games 
regularly be given the chance to decide which
ones they want to be left accessible ?

Thank you in advance for this courtesy.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu May 29 2014, 02:37

adios amigos...

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Thu May 29 2014, 03:50

Sorry to hear you say that melbert but if limiting the games makes you that upset, then perhaps a break is what you need to do.

All the best to you. I have enjoyed your participation and you've made me laugh many times.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 on Thu May 29 2014, 04:04

Wow, just cold...

Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu May 29 2014, 04:09

Is this really so important that it's worth losing long-standing posters over it? Maybe EVERYONE should take a break and revisit the issue in a couple of days. There might be a compromise to be reached if we take a little time to think it over. Sad 

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:36

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum