George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"

+7
LJN2606
hathaross
Joanna
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
Katiedot
Nicky80
11 posters

Go down

Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  Empty Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 17:21

Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"

He's notoriously private, but George Clooney's longtime friend Julia Roberts is so excited about his engagement to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, she couldn't help but spill!

Chatting on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Tuesday, May 6, the August Osage County actress, 46, admitted, "I think it is sublime."

Although she and Alamuddin have yet to meet in person, Roberts couldn't help gushing to Ellen DeGeneres about the trilingual, 36-year-old British attorney.
"She is beautiful and smart, and he is happy and that’s what matters to me," she beamed.

Clooney, 53, who co-starred with Roberts in the movie Ocean's 11, has described Roberts as "an amazing mother, an amazing wife and a great, great friend."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  Empty Re: Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 17:23

Here the video

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"  Empty Re: Julia Roberts Calls George Clooney's Engagement "Sublime," Amal Alamuddin Is "Beautiful and Smart"

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 May 2014, 17:26

"Sublime"? Really?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 17:28

I had to google that word. Can I say I feel now smart and sublime too  Razz  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 17:30

So now..how can you call somebody sublime when you never met that person. Or is this word be used for a general compliment for people?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 May 2014, 17:34

You'd never use it. Sublime is a word you'd use to describe something totally and completely awesome, such as God.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 17:37

Oh maybe she was saying it with a bit of irony because of all the press writing how great and smart she is???? So maybe it was "tongue in cheek"?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 07 May 2014, 17:49

Doesn't she think that the news is sublime?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 07 May 2014, 21:48

Synonyms for sublime

adjective -- great, magnificent

abstract
divine
exalted
glorious
gorgeous
heavenly
superb
transcendent
dynamite
elevated
imposing
august
eminent
grand
high
holy
ideal
lofty
majestic
noble
outrageous
proud
resplendent
sacred
spiritual
splendiferous
splendorous
stately
super
the most
too much
transcendental

Julia's comment was de trop!

Learning new words here folks!  brahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 22:02

lol!   Coolio
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 07 May 2014, 22:18

party animal - not! wrote: Doesn't she think that the news is sublime?

Yes that's right pan.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 08 May 2014, 00:38

Must be all what they say if he decided to marry her. We will habe to wait to meet her a little in awards, etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing what more of his industry friends say.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Thu 08 May 2014, 13:46

Nicky80 wrote:I had to google that word. Can I say I feel now smart and sublime too  Razz  Razz  Razz

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to google sublime Very Happy ,

Has anyone else noticed the only thing people are saying about Amal is she's beautiful and smart. No one is saying she's in love with George?

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 08 May 2014, 14:26

I'd imagine that's because it's taken for granted, as they plan to marry each other. 
It's not usual to go around "declaring love" all the time once an engagement to marry is announced is it ?

If that does happen it can mean someone is trying to convince themselves !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Thu 08 May 2014, 23:44

I don't know, considering how fast this all happened you'd think someone other than the tabloids would mention how crazy about each other they are. JMO
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 09 May 2014, 00:45

JMO I don't know if she is in love with him, but I do believe she is in love with the glamorous life style. Private jets, homes in Italy, Cabo and LA. and of course the name recognition of George Clooney! Although she is from a wealthy family, I don't think she has lived this life style. And I will say it again she is seventeen years younger than him. JMO JMO JMO!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 09 May 2014, 01:56

Hey, Julia Roberts hasn't met her yet and Matt Damon did say they're happy together.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 May 2014, 03:09

Ask his friends about Amal and they all "gush". If they don't stop gushing we're all going to drown! Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 09 May 2014, 03:51

LOL LizzyNY I doubt that any one, friends or family will ever come right out and say they don't like her, they all love George too much.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 May 2014, 04:17

Cece42 - I didn't mean that his friends should say anything bad about her - I doubt they ever would - and she might be just as nice as the reports all say she is (IF anyone can be).

I just wish the media would find another adjective to use. I saw Julia Roberts on Ellen, and though she seemed very happy for George, she didn't "gush" (IMO).
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 May 2014, 05:56

I think a lot of them haven't met her yet, so there's not a lot they can say other than what they've read themselves.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 17 May 2015, 11:44

mmhhh so I guess I put this article here.

Julia complimented Amal again but this time they met.

Julia Roberts Gushes Over George Clooney's Wife Amal

Amal Clooney grabs a cup of coffee while out and about on Friday (May 15) in London, England.
The 37-year-old lawyer recently was praised by her husband George Clooney‘s Money Monster co-star Julia Roberts.

“We went out to dinner. I met her at dinner. George doesn’t need my approval, but I’m quite enamored with her,” Julia shared to Extra about meeting Amal.
George has been busy promoting his upcoming film Tomorrowland, which hits theaters on May 22!

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down