George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

+4
Lighterside
jd68
theminis
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding Empty George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 07:30

LMAO! George Clooney's wedding is so not going to be like this, I'll bet.  Were they reading our posts about the wedding as the "sources" quoted?!!  Thanks Henway for this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

London, May 1 (ANI):

George Clooney is set to marry his fiancee Amal Alamuddin in a "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" style bash, it has been revealed.

Sources claimed that as Alamuddin is from Lebanon, where marriage customs include huge meringue-shaped dresses, big hair, bling and belly dancers, the couple's ceremony will be like a showy gypsy wedding, the Daily Star reported.

He 36-year-old lawyer plans to have her hair in ringlets and her bridal gown might outshine the hooped and jewelled creations of gypsy dress designer Thelma Madine.  Sources said that the 'Up In the Air' star's wedding will be blingier than what people saw in 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', while Alamuddin's dress will be blingier than ever.

Insiders also said that there will be enough food at the wedding to feed the whole town and there will also be belly-dancers. (ANI)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding Empty Re: George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 07:35

I loved that movie, and actually went to a wedding very similar. The Italians (at least the ones in my family) were dismayed when they found out we only invited 120 people. We told my inlaws, if you must invite every Italian person you have ever known, then you can pay for the reception, you will need around $60,000.00 at the venue we chose. That ended that argument and we kept the guest list to immediate family and friends.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding Empty Re: George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

Post by jd68 Thu 01 May 2014, 11:33

LOL! I've been to several Lebanese weddings - none of them like what was described above!
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 01 May 2014, 12:52

Oh damn Embarassed ....and here I was getting all excited about dusting off my coin belt and bra and starting to brush up on my belly dancing again!   Wedding
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 12:55

And now the stupidity begins lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 01 May 2014, 13:01

theminis wrote:I loved that movie, and actually went to a wedding very similar.  The Italians (at least the ones in my family) were dismayed when they found out we only invited 120 people.  We told my inlaws, if you must invite every Italian person you have ever known, then you can pay for the reception, you will need around $60,000.00 at the venue we chose.  That ended that argument and we kept the guest list to immediate family and friends.  
I think you are thinking of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is a tv show that takes the same idea into the bizarro world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 01 May 2014, 13:02

annemarie wrote:And now the stupidity begins lol.

It was a joke...don't get your panties in a twist! Geesh....
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 13:15

My panties are fine, I simply thought who ever wrote this was serious didn't see where it read joke.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 13:47

fava wrote:
theminis wrote:I loved that movie, and actually went to a wedding very similar.  The Italians (at least the ones in my family) were dismayed when they found out we only invited 120 people.  We told my inlaws, if you must invite every Italian person you have ever known, then you can pay for the reception, you will need around $60,000.00 at the venue we chose.  That ended that argument and we kept the guest list to immediate family and friends.  
I think you are thinking of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".  Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is a tv show that takes the same idea into the bizarro world.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Fava you are 100% correct of course - I was thinking of the John Corbett movie - thanks x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 22:19

Katie....you are busted...you are the secret source. See below...the article above just twisted your words a bit to make it not too obvious it is from you. Katie...can you please stop spreading rumors  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz   lol! 

The article above wrote:

Sources said that the 'Up In the Air' star's wedding will be blingier than what people saw in 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding',.....Insiders also said that there will be enough food at the wedding to feed the whole town and there will also be belly-dancers.

And Katie you posted:

Katiedot wrote:

In very general, it's got to be big.  The bigger the better.  Huge is better still.  The more people at the wedding, then the more prestigious it is.  Loads of food - and in general quantity counts over quality although of course a good quantity of high quality is top trumps.  Generally lots of dancing.  Generally very loud music.  Generally runs until very late at night. 'My big fat greek wedding' is actually a pretty good starting point although of course the details vary.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 01 May 2014, 22:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding Empty George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin set for 'Big Fat Gypsy' style wedding

Post by Einstein Thu 01 May 2014, 22:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think that no one should photograph the wedding of the two. There is certainly none of us get a photo to face here. And it's a good thing ...... because many women are now jealous of this beautiful woman!!
I as Einstein Congratulations George for this selection as a woman. Finally, there is no camera greedy woman only with him were because of careers !!!!!! Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7 Love7
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down