George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

+32
party animal - not!
silly willy
Elo
amaretti
Butterfly
it's me
bamboochacha
ace
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Picachu
lelacorb
hathaross
Boshkash
justpassinthrough
Rose
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Sevens
silly girl
melbert
Missa
Mazy
Pita428
playfuldeb
traone
sparkie
Carla97
annemarie
theminis
Katiedot
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details Empty George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:00

Lainey claims she knows all about the engagement ring! I know this has been posted before, but I'd like to make a separate thread for this so we can find it more easily again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

April 28, 2014

Is it true?

YES.

George Clooney is engaged to Amal Alamuddin. He’s not “officially” confirmed it (yet) but he also hasn’t denied it and besides, I have exclusive details about the ring, which they were waving around to his friends last week while out for dinner.

It’s huge. My sources estimate the carats in double digits, easily. It’s an emerald cut, single stone with a very thin platinum band. Tasteful though, despite the size. Not as big as, say, the Harry Winston Lesotho, obviously, that Onassis gave to Jacqueline Kennedy, but similar in style and warmth. You know like with that warm yellow-ish hue?

I’m told that Clooney spent all last week informing his inner circle. She gets a strong pass rating from his posse. Most importantly though, much of the encouragement to make the decision came from his family who’s spent a significant amount of time with Alamuddin.
Am I the only one somewhat disappointed at this? A massively huge diamond (responsibly sourced I hope!) is just so . . . pedestrian. So predictable. So utterly lacking in taste and imagination. Her choice or his?

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:07

Im disappointed its an Emerald Cut - and I did tell someone the other day it would be emerald cut and no less than 8 carats - Beyonce's is 12 I think. I know quite a bit about diamonds and for me personally Emerald cuts just don't dazzle enough for my liking regardless of clarity. Thinking radiant/princess cut with a trillion diamond either side would be dazzling. But hey I wouldn't say no either!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:36

I don't think it's lacking in taste we all have different tastes. They both may love emerald cut and if thats what she wanted that's what he bought her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:38

I'd imagine that ladies in Amal's profession have to be quite conservative in their choice of jewellery.
Anything too sparkly would be considered an insult to the court atmosphere.
It's just tradition.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:50

..........alternative.....don't wear it in court..........'aargh, it's off! The engagement's off! Amal Alamuddin seen without ring'.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:20

party animal - not! wrote:..........alternative.....don't wear it in court..........'aargh, it's off! The engagement's off! Amal Alamuddin seen without ring'.........

Better still.....discreet one for work and another type for out of work !!

Sofa bounce       By the way I've got a new sofa coming soon with no dust in it. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:23

Engagement / wedding rings are sensitive part of women´s life (lots of emotion attached with it). Diamonds are forever and beautiful. Yes.

I´m not a diamond expert, emerald cut is the one with large open facet, rectangular I suppose (due to these features it´s less priced with usually a decent size, than ones with more cut. More you cut, more fire and brilliance it gives to the stone, but also lots of it will be lost= higher price and smaller rock Smile).

And then colour. Yellowish hue, I´m thinking this might be from Dubai. Every other shop there is a jewellery shop anyways. And they prefer more colorful rocks there than here:) If it´s clearly warm white or yellowish then easily mistaken for pale sapphire.

Love3 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:25

I think George and Amal are traditional I think the ring fits them pretty well. Brad also gave Angie a Emerald cut.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:27

Ethical diamond?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:31

annemarie wrote:I don't think it's lacking in taste we all have different tastes. They both may love emerald cut and if thats what she wanted that's what he bought her.
You're absolutely right.

I think what I wrote didn't quite come out the way I was thinking. What was going through that muddle of what I like to call a brain is something like this: nowadays, the more d-list the star, the bigger the diamond. While not that long ago huge diamonds were the preserve of the wealthy and high class, nowadays it feels like the opposite to me.

I just don't go for the 'bling bling look how much money I've spent on this because I'm so rich' effect of huge engagement rings. My feeling is that these ginormous rings are a display of wealth to others and have nothing to do with any feelings of love for the person it was bought for (possibly because there are no deep feelings of love for the recipient). Had George given her, say, an old teeny tiny diamond that had belonged to his great grandmother for example, then I would have thought that this was meaningful.

But actually, I should keep my mouth shut because I haven't even seen the thing and here I am criticising it, which is wrong. Perhaps it's really lovely and I've badly misjudged George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:33

party animal - not! wrote:

Ethical diamond?

Ethical diamonds meet fair labor standards and meet eco friendly standards.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:38

I get you Katie dot, but this is George Clooney a tiny diamond would have been made fun of. I remember the first ring Kevin Costner gave his fiance Joan Rivers made several snide remarks. Also, Amal is from a wealthy family so I don't think a Small diamond would have have been expected. Of course it doesn't matter what any of us think it is what made Amal happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 13:29

I'm sure it's gorgeous and as I'm not wearing it, irrelevant that its not a cut I would choose, I like a little imagination in jewellery and personally thought that Kk first ring and Beyonces was vulgar. In saying that I missed that it was fancy yellow, adds to the rarety.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:22

theminis wrote:I'm sure it's gorgeous and as I'm not wearing it, irrelevant that its not a cut I would choose, I like a little imagination in jewellery and personally thought that Kk first ring and Beyonces was vulgar.  In saying that I missed that it was fancy yellow, adds to the rarety.
I just hope it isn't an Argyle Diamond don't know why but that would really piss me off.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 14:28

While it may be a fancy yellow and may add to its rarity all diamonds other than white diamonds are considered to be flawed.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by traone Tue 29 Apr 2014, 15:07

I agree with theminis:  I am disappointed with the emerald cut diamond.  They are cut with "steps" on the side, leading up to a very flat platform on the top of the stone. The is no "sparkle" with an emerald cut stone.  It doesn't "catch, or draw in light" like the other cut stones.  Now I have an emerald "shape" cushion cut yellow canary that my wealthy brother sold to me,( after he divorced his last wife) for a very cheap price, and it is fantastic !!!  It looks like "chopped" ice, and brings in a lot of color.
traone
traone
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:19

To me, the type or size of the ring isn't important. It's the heart and the meaning behind the ring that would make it special.

If it is a diamond, I'm hoping that it isn't a blood diamond.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:35

I don't care about jewelry and I don't wear it on myself. So I don't care about her ring. But when I see it I do the same what you will do and say WWOOOOWWWWW  Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:13

traone wrote:I agree with theminis:  I am disappointed with the emerald cut diamond.  They are cut with "steps" on the side, leading up to a very flat platform on the top of the stone. The is no "sparkle" with an emerald cut stone.  It doesn't "catch, or draw in light" like the other cut stones.  Now I have an emerald "shape" cushion cut yellow canary that my wealthy brother sold to me,( after he divorced his last wife) for a very cheap price, and it is fantastic !!!  It looks like "chopped" ice, and brings in a lot of color.

Wow now that would be a really nice stone, cushion cut emerald - definitely would sparkle.

@Sparkie - I totally get why Argyle would piss you off LOL
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:20

Actually a large emerald cut diamond would be quite pricey as it would need to be nearly flawless as there aren't the facets to hide small flaws. I'd take it!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:24

Pita428 It would have to be at best IF or VVS1 and you are definitely right, there is no hiding true flaws in such a stone, so the value would be staggering.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:50

Yet still gaudy.

Sorry, remaining unconvinced in my corner here!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 30 Apr 2014, 02:23

For soe reason I don't see George as being wasteful to that degree. Also I don't like diamonds anymore, I think about "blood diamonds". Besides all that I would wat my engagement ring to be something I would feel comfortable wearing 24/7 as with the wedding ring when that time comes. It should be something that is special to both of them not just the highest price that they could find.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 02:31

I think George probably bought the best quality diamond he could find. He has the money and I think would want her to have the best.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 30 Apr 2014, 03:35

Yeah, I'd be kind of disappointed if it were some gigantic rock, just for the sake of being gigantic. He doesn't need to throw his money around. I'd love to see a nice, unique vintage piece. I think that would suit both of them (obviously I know nothing about her, but still).
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 05:22

Yep its the sometimes vulgarity of a huge rock just for the sake of it that puts me off. Who knows maybe we will get a real surprise when we see it (eventually)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 07:47

annemarie wrote:I think George probably bought the best quality diamond he could find. He has the money and I think would want her to have the best.

Exactly. I´m thinking either Sotheby´s or Christie´s jewellery auction. Real rare pieces there. Every spring they have big auction in Geneva…this year they have "blue perfection" for sale...
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details Empty George and Amal Engagement in People - EXCLUSIVE! May 12, 2014 Edition

Post by melbert Wed 30 Apr 2014, 13:40

Thanks to Henway!

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!

By Michelle Tauber

04/30/2014 at 08:00 AM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!

Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney celebrate Rande Gerber's birthday Sunday in Santa Barbara, Calif.

George Clooney  

If you've got it, flaunt it.

At a private dinner on April 27, George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin showed off their newly engaged bliss – along with the bride-to-be's new ring.

In an exclusive photo in this week's PEOPLE, the couple joined close friends Cindy Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, in Santa Barbara, Calif., just five days after Clooney proposed to the stunning London lawyer, to celebrate Gerber's 52nd birthday as well as their own happy news.

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!| Couples, Engagements, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney

The ring

Marcel Winston / Getty
In another exclusive photo, Alamuddin has her hand resting lovingly on the back of her fiancé's neck – providing a close-up look at her ring, which Clooney helped design. It features an ethically mined emerald-cut diamond estimated at 7-plus carats and two tapered baguettes set in platinum.

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos!| Couples, Engagements, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney

George Clooney on the cover of PEOPLE

In PEOPLE's cover story, sources reveal more details of the surprise engagement. On April 22, Clooney proposed the traditional way – on bended knee.

The actor had visited Dubai in March to meet his Lebanese-born, Oxford-educated leading lady's family, spending time on a yacht excursion with her siblings, says a relative of Alamuddin's.

"They found George very easy to get along with, cool," the family member tells PEOPLE. "They felt at ease with him immediately."

• Reporting by ELIZABETH LEONARD and PETER MIKELBANK

Last edited by LornaDoone on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added another pic. added the date of the publication - makes it easier in future)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 13:48

That's the one !  Lovely.....I like it.

Coolio 

Great photo of them both too.

Thanks Mel.

Last edited by Joanna on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:04; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 13:50

I love the ring not over the top and it is conflict free.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:08

While I am glad it is conflict free I am don't care for the ring...never liked emerald cut nor do I like the color---JMO though. I would have thought he would have picked something smaller and less ostentatious.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:23

"Ethically mined stone"

Last edited by Joanna on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:35; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:24

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:33

Amal appears to have very long fingers which a ring of
that style would suit IMO.

My fingers are short and I wear rings that lie horizontally
across my fingers.

To each her own of course.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:46

Thanks Melbert & Henway.....WOW...so we got the ring and a new pic of both of them. Thanks.  Thumbs up!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:51

Here is the picture of the ring. Found and Posted by Henway & Melbert in this thread

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 14:55

So I guess this is his statement - releasing the ring and another pic.  Very Happy  Wonder if more is to come
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 15:17

More pics are on the upcoming People magzine...just like last time they released more pics of their travel on the print issue Very Happy 
I don't think George will give further statement about this engagement until they get married.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 15:18

i Love it elegant not too over the top. George did a good job.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 15:48

Disagree completely. Don't like it at all.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:11

Ok I removed the posts as I agree with the rest they were offensive. Even though somebody (you know who you are) just "copy and past" some comments from some websites still means you have to make sure it is not offensive to anyone even though you are just copying. We don't accept name calling.

I apologies to people who felt offended.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:15

Nicky - Thanks for explaining -was beginning to think I was seeing things when everything went away! Laughing 
PS - I really don't like it when people pick on my friends!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:16

Well done Nicky...so everything is cleared and we'll just celebrate!

Last edited by Sevens on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:18

Thank you.

You too, Lizzy.:-)

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:24

Atalante:

what a pity erased what you wrote

I was the first person to say that marriage is a sham, that GC has other preferences, and that's all part of a plan for him to enter politics

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:27

Is it just me, or do these photos have "professionally taken" written all over them?  Definitely, not an "oops,  cats out of the bag" in my opinion, but deliberate.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:30

Of course they are professional they are a People exclusive. Given by George and Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:35

Atalante:

Who is George Stout? can you pass me the text? that is erased before I read everything

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:37

We all wanted pictures so they gave us very nice pictures and confirmation. More than I actually thought we would get from them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 16:38

Angie30 wrote:Atalante:

Who is George Stout? can you pass me the text? that is erased before I read everything

Angie30, I think my message above was clear. please stop to continue. This matter is over and we moved on.Thanks
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next