George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction?

+12
Katiedot
ktsue2002
hathaross
annemarie
Joanna
theminis
Butterfly
Rachel
Picachu
Carla97
jd68
Mazy
16 posters

Go down

If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? Empty If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction?

Post by Mazy Sun 27 Apr 2014, 07:23

If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction?

I personally think that George is planning to cut back/out acting now and stick to the other jobs behind the camera. He said soon but this might be the time if he gets married. I mentioned a few times things I saw him backing away from or putting Matt or someone else in where he normally would be. Maybe he is ready to just do directing, writing and producing if even that. He will be doing a lot of that where Amal is working. No matter how the marriage goes I don’t think he will ever get another divorce, but for the most part he will not be as visible to his fans. We have to pray that if this is true he is completely at peace with his life.

He has no definite plans for any projects that he has to do himself. Go back to his conversation with David Letterman when he was asked what’s up next. Also there is no way that he started dating Amal after the time of the denial and has committed himself to be engaged, it had to be longer. It is even possible that he and Stacy only reconnected for the awards in 2013, and really weren’t going together.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? Empty Re: If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction?

Post by jd68 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 07:59

I think he will be focusing more on writing/directing/producing. He'll take select acting roles. As he gets older fewer meaty roles will be available to him. I think a lot of the movies that Hollywood is making right now are of little interest to him (Super Heroes, sequels). He'll think to projects that mean something to him or allow him to work with people that matter.

He very well could have met Amal in October. I worked him a man who was quite the cad and met a woman right about the age George is now. He married her quickly to the shock of everyone and has been happily married for fifteen years and even has a child. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince/princess but when you do you know it's right, usually from the get go.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction? Empty Re: If George Really Is Engaged What Do You Think It Means About His Career Direction?

Post by Carla97 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 09:14

Well I don´t see how it could have effect in one way or the other. It´s not a boost, but neither it will slow anything down. Neutral, I´d say.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 09:26

I should add that my thoughts on his career don't really matter if he is married or not, I just think he's at the point where he'd rather do other things in film then act.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:08

they will figure it out but i think less off him in front of the camera and more behind which means less pictures to see of him and with that new part being built at lake como it may be harder to see him at all.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:28

I believe deep inside himself his ego need to reproduce - so I'm sure they will have children. I don't feel good about her but I hope its just a feeling and she truly loves him not only because he is George Clooney.
I think he is ready to settle down. He has knocked of his horns enough. He will write and direct more and take his time for being with her. Maybe he will move to Italy until she is prepared to move to the US - he said he loves the Italian life. And who knows, maybe with her at his side he will run for office to be the next Potus  Wedding All the best and good luck to them.
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:43

I think everything will change if he gets married, because his charisma is built on the "most eligible bachelor" status. Women will no longer dream about him....it would be forbidden to dream.  Sad 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:46

Ah but forbidden is sometimes fun Butterfly - hey married or not I still think he is delicious, but yep married men are not normally in my fantasies
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:47

I think he's quoted as saying he'd love to do 
more directing ?
He said he likes being the painter rather than the paint, or something like that.

When I examine all of his films it almost looks like a definitive portfolio of his creative abilities in front of the camera. I'm sure he has no burning desire to play Hamlet or Macbeth etc. 
So, maybe now he's in his 50's he's been totally reviewing his life, professionally as well as personally.

I know that happens....it happened me and I'm just an ordinary person living an ordinary life.

But then again, he may have many more acting projects in his heart and head.
I do HOPE so !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Apr 2014, 11:28

I think he will continue acting for a while, and in a few years just produce write and direct.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 27 Apr 2014, 11:52

Is one of the things I´m thinking about. He said that is he was married, he would wanted to be in home more often, be with her wife, family,.... but his career continues the same, not stop.
So I don´t know how they will handle with this.

Maybe she moves to L.A. (pretty sure) and sets her work there. If they start travel a lot, not having time to each other,... this will no work, so they should have a plan now that they made the move.

Last edited by hathaross on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:21; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:20

I don't think it will work out that well. One or the other will have to put their career on hold. I am guessing she is headed that way. Don't misunderstand me, but I leaning toward him getting cold feet.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:30

I don't think it'll make any difference to his career unless he chooses to make changes. It won't make him any less of a dream man for women (Brad Pitt seems to be doing just fine).

I can see him slowing down his projects if they choose to have a family so that he can spend more time with them, but other than that, it can be full steam ahead if he wants.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:48

Ooops message to Amal, as far as I can see "The Career" is non-negotiable ... for a long and happy marriage take my advice, let him "think" he can put that first and in 99% of cases make it a truth. That should be your mantra, George's love affair with his career will never end, there are "three of you in this marrage" - where have I heard that before.  It happens to a lot of ppl and is definately workable, not a deal breaker at all ...jmo
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 13:03

I don't think his career direction will change much for now. He will go on business as usual  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:39

Slightly off topic....

I remember when he and MM team were interviewed on video they were asked "out of all the locations they'd used for filming, which was favourite."
George, amongst others, said Rye.
So maybe he'll have a bolt-hole holiday home there now.

Yahooooo
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:55

I have a feeling they both know a few of those now......!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 27 Apr 2014, 20:53

Katiedot wrote:I don't think it'll make any difference to his career unless he chooses to make changes.  It won't make him any less of a dream man for women (Brad Pitt seems to be doing just fine).

I can see him slowing down his projects if they choose to have a family so that he can spend more time with them, but other than that, it can be full steam ahead if he wants.

This is what I am saying what do you think is in his minds as to his career direction at this point; if/when he gets married. He has been speaking more and more about being too old to act ad wanting to direct more. Do we think this is the time? Or will he still act? I pay attention to everything save all the articles and don't think he has much planned for himself coming up. I am thinkiing he is ready now.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:36

Maybe, Mazy. He has two film projects that we know of, and one described as unknown, and I'm sure there are loads of humanitarian projects he wants more time for.........and now he's with someone who feels the same way (and is a self employed barrister to boot), so he has the freedom to decide his own workload - relatively speaking of course!! Don't think it's in his DNA to be idle.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:55

I think he will still act-- but probably smaller roles. How many roles are there for men in their 50s and how many are vying or almost the age to by vying for those few parts? He could cast himself in his own movies I guess, but I think age will limit his choices as an actor (and open some as a director) more than being engaged/married.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 28 Apr 2014, 05:43

Mazy wrote:This is what I am saying what do you think is in his minds as to his career direction at this point; if/when he gets married. He has been speaking more and more about being too old to act ad wanting to direct more. Do we think this is the time? Or will he still act? I pay attention to everything save all the articles and don't think he has much planned for himself coming up. I am thinkiing he is ready now.
He's been speaking about cutting down on acting and concentrating more on directing for at least, what, eight years? 10 years? It's been a while so I don't think this is anything new. I think that's less of a strategic move and more of a way to cover his backside if his acting roles dry up or he gets bad reviews.

He's still got half a dozen projects in the pipeline, so I don't know whether he really will take it easy this year as he said he would. I guess that with Tomorrowland being pushed back to 2015 it gives him a publicity-free year end this year.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down