George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson

Go down

The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson Empty The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson

Post by Sevens Thu 03 Apr 2014, 05:42

The 6 Best Performances In The Films Of Wes Anderson
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney as Mr. Fox (aka “Foxy”) In “Fantastic Mr. Fox”
"I think I have this thing where everybody has to think I'm the greatest, the quote unquote 'Fantastic Mr. Fox', and if they aren't completely knocked out and dazzled and slightly intimidated by me, I don't feel good about myself," George Clooney’s Mr. Fox says in Wes Anderson’s first animated movie, revealing much of his darker true nature. A relentless optimist not unlike Dignan (and perhaps the polar opposite of the sour and grouchy Steve Zissou), Wes Anderson’s Mr. Fox also wears a lot of vain and showy masks to make up for his own insecurities. And this simply articulates why Anderson’s animated movie “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” is probably much more sophisticated than you originally remembered (and how it’s not really for kids at all and is just as emotionally complex as any other Wes Anderson film which is probably why it didn’t connect at the box-office like most animated movies do). As played by George Clooney, you can tell the actor just gets it and snaps into the rhythm of Anderson’s movie extremely effortlessly (man, we’d love to see him as one of Anderson’s wintry sad-sack characters in a live-action movie one day). Thematically, there’s a lot of richness in the movie you may have forgotten, particularly the notion that Mr. Fox is self-destructive at heart because he’s feral, a wild animal and he just can’t help himself. Narcissistic and needy, but eventually coming through for the family and neighbors he almost ruins, there’s a lot of heart and soul in “Fantastic Mr. Fox” and much of it comes through in the perfectly nuanced inflections and emotions of Clooney’s voice. A severely underrated performance in the Wes Anderson canon, and likely just as undersung in his oeuvre.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down