George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces

4 posters

Go down

Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces Empty Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces

Post by it's me Wed 02 Apr 2014, 14:15

strange things happen....

Recovered two paintings by Gauguin and Bonnard. A workman had bought at an auction of lost objects of Fs (as Ferrovie della Stato, Italian trains).

ROME-Stolen in London in the years 70, were recovered by carabinieri tutela patrimonio culturale command two masterpieces of French impressionism. This is a painting by Paul Gauguin entitled Fruits sur une table ou nature morte au petit chien (fruit on a Board or death nature with puppy) and Pierre Bonnard's painting La femme aux deux fauteuils, i.e. the "woman with two armchairs. The work of Gauguin, according to current prices, stressed by the carabinieri Command Tpc, has a value between 15 and 35 million euros, while that of Bonnard is around 600 thousand euros.

The two works have been recovered in the last two months in Italy and were presented to the press at the headquarters of the MiBACT by the Commanding General of the Tpc Command, General Mariano move, and by the Minister of cultural heritage, Dario Franceschini. The story of their recovery, presented at a press conference, was really daring.

The paintings were stolen at a wealthy British couple resident in London, now deceased, and, it appears, without stating the heirs. The two paintings were bought by a Fiat worker originally from Sicily, now retired, in 1974, at an auction of the Ferrovie dello Stato lost and found objects. Among those items were, in fact, the paintings of Gauguin and Bonnard, finished in Turin after being loaded on a journey from Paris. The man had paid the two masterpieces just 45 thousand old lire, without knowing anything of their artistic and economic value. Gauguin and Bonnard were so over to decorate his kitchen, first in Turin, then in Sicily, where the former worker had returned to reside.

"The two works," said General Mariano Move-were not to be found as they were counted as such ". Despite this, the police had started searching on the web and on paper catalogues of cultural institutions. Gauguin's painting appeared on a 1964 catalog, but then was strangely disappeared and was no more trace of its destination.

On the matter are pending further investigations of the police and the Prosecutor's Office in Rome, to ascertain how the two paintings have ended up in Italy and to see if there are owners of property rights on two precious works.
Not mutually exclusive, in fact, in order to claim ownership of two paintings. Jurisdiction to determine the rightful ownership of two paintings is the judicial authority.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link to an ABC report about the same paintings:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by LornaDoone on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 20:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link to ABC news report about the masterpieces)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces Empty Re: Found 2 Stolen Masterpieces

Post by Mazy Wed 02 Apr 2014, 19:14

Thanks IM this is a good article. It's amazing all that George's MM movie has generated.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 Apr 2014, 20:34

well
I guess this thing would be known despite G Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 02 Apr 2014, 21:04

it's me wrote:well
I guess this thing would be known despite G Smile
I agree-- it appears to have nothing to do with WWII or monuments men. Good to see some of those works turn up though-- many stolen works never have.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 02 Apr 2014, 23:55

Yes that's true but since the film, the press seem to pick up more on these type of reports. Or it might just be that we're noticing these stories more ourselves. Either way, it's nice that people are getting their artwork back.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 03 Apr 2014, 06:19

I agree on noticing more
yes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down