George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’

+5
Sevens
Katiedot
Rachel
What Would He Say
Mazy
9 posters

Go down

George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ Empty George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’

Post by Mazy Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:27

Even though this interview is dated the tenth it had to be given before that. I don't think George would still be wearing the "Yulia" shirt. It is also very similar as some of the others.
George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Comedian confides in Gala
Published March 10, 2014, at 4:47 PM by Hervé Tropéa

He saves masterpieces at risk in Monuments Men, his new movie... and last appointment with the public before a break on his private life.

Leather jacket, jeans, sneakers he arrives with a dozen minutes of delay. Monuments Men, his new film as a Director, is like him: a mixture of humor and seriousness, which recounts the adventures of men charged to recover works of art stolen by the Nazis during World War II. While he unzip his jacket, there's mi-amused mi-perplex a tee-shirt with the effigy of former first Ukrainian Minister, Yulia Timoshenko. Our single is finally a man of commitments.

Gala: what inspired the realization of Monuments Men, film in which you play also?

George Clooney: I did not know the real story, which took place during the second world war. I found it amazing. I thought we had all read and seen all over this period. I discovered with a certain emotion that in addition to their acts of barbarism perpetuated on mankind, the nazis also sought to steal and destroy works of art.

Gala: You play as a band Chief recruiting enthusiasts of art to save the destruction of the treasures of painting and sculpture. Jean Dujardin is part of these Monuments Men. Why him?

GC: I learned that some called him the "George Clooney french"! I find it particularly tasty. I had met him already in the United States while he was the promotion of The Artist. At the time, he did not speak a word of English. I have great admiration for him, as it is put, and let's face it, it has a charm and comic power insolent. During the filming, he ceased to make me laugh with his improvisations. It is an excellent actor. Today, I consider a close friend.

Gala: You are deemed to make pranks on the shootings. Have you been on it?

GC: Yes. My first victim was Matt Damon. In Berlin, where we filmed part of the movie, he told me that he wanted to lose weight. I then asked our costumer to shorten the size of his pants by two centimeters every three-four days. This poor Matt was really upset: he ate that salad! My second victim was my father. I recruited him to embody me old at the end of the film. In the Church, where he had to move forward, I have laid a wreath of flowers with these words: "in memory of Nick Clooney. He was in shock. I said to him I had this idea, because I did not know when the movie was going out and it would still be among us at this time there. He found it very amusing.

Gala: Would you be willing to risk your life for an object?

GC: I could run in a building on fire for a member of my family, or even a dog, but not for an object. Not even for the American flag that belonged to my uncle George, and which covered his coffin on the day of his funeral. Flag that I keep preciously in memory. That said, I'll recover this flag, if it got into the hands of neo-Nazis who would burn it.
Gala: You are a man of taste. What is your home like?

Gala: I have no paintings or photographs of great value. My home is decorated with memories of travel and photos of my family and my closest friends. Table that I prefer my home represents a Paris Street in the rain. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Gala: A fifty-two years, your vision of the fairer sex has changed?

Gala: Women have played a crucial role in my life. As we age, I am probably more sensitive to certain qualities, but I avoid dresser categories. I am just a woman it brings me happiness, peace and joy.

Gala: In a scene from the film, your character says not to be only a beautiful hangover. He was also able to fix many things in life. And you, George, are you a good handyman?
Gala: I don't handle it not too bad. I like especially patching up the cars and motorcycles. It's proof that I'm not just a charming guy! (Laughs.) Do not forget that I am a guy from Kentucky, we are manuals out there!
Gala: Thanks dad?

Gala: not at all. My father, do not use a hammer. My mother, on the other hand, remade itself the roof of her house in sixty years. She asked me as birthday a very powerful sawing table... I would like it to it.
Gala: Sexy, bankable... You feel you filled?

Gala: In life, we can have unfortunately not everything. If you spend too much for your job, your privacy suffers. This is the reason why I decided to make a break. Over a year and a half, I spent two weeks at home in Los Angeles. It is time that I focus on my family and my friends. I really need to spend time with them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ Empty Re: George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’

Post by What Would He Say Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:27

Thanks Mazy for the article, I love the translated word, always makes me giggle....

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Mazy wrote:My mother, on the other hand, remade itself the roof of her house in sixty years.

That's not unreasonable, but she could have done it in 59 years if she worked Sundays....JK
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’ Empty Re: George Clooney, ‘‘Women Played A Crucial Role In My Life’’

Post by Rachel Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:41

Gala: A fifty-two years, your vision of the fairer sex has changed?

Gala: Women have played a crucial role in my life. As we age, I am probably more sensitive to certain qualities, but I avoid dresser categories. I am just a woman it brings me happiness, peace and joy.

So there is something new about George  Basketball
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 11 Mar 2014, 15:28

Nah, he's just a woman.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 11 Mar 2014, 15:38

If he is just a woman, then I want to be a man to marry her.
Crazy thoughts... Very Happy 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Tue 11 Mar 2014, 18:36

Hoping that is a typing error?

Like to see orginal transcript...don't fancy turning gay!...IMO

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 11 Mar 2014, 21:05

I'd like him to have my babies.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Mar 2014, 23:06

LOOL
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 21:50

Nice Interview, thanks Mazy    Give Flowers
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down