George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens

+2
it's me
Nicky80
6 posters

Go down

France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens Empty France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens

Post by Nicky80 Sat 08 Mar 2014, 19:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens

France is to give back three paintings pillaged by the Nazis on Tuesday, the day before George Clooney's film The Monuments Men opens in French cinemas.

The conjunction of these two events is an opportunity to remind people that Culture Minister Aurélie Flipetti is very attached to this gesture of remembrance," France's culture ministry told the AFP news agency on Saturday.
The works are:

• Mountain landscape by Flemish master Joos de Momper (1564-1635), which belonged to Baron Cassel van Doorn, a Belgian banker who had residences in France and whose property was confiscated in 1943 although he was not Jewish;
  • Portait of a woman, an 18th-century painting, possibly by Louis Tocqué, that belonged to Berlin Jewish art dealers Rosa and Jakob Oppenheimer;
  • Virgin with child after Lippo Memmi or an associate seized from banker Richard Soepkez in Cannes in 1944.

About 2,000 works whose owners have not been identified are being held in French museums.
Only about 70 have been handed over to descendants of the owners in the last 20 years.
The Monuments Men, whose cast includes Matt Damon, George Clooney, Cate Blanchett and French actor Jean Dujardin, tells the story of a group charged with finding and saving artworks and other culturally important items during World War II.
It is based on a non-fiction book by Robert M. Edsel.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens Empty Re: France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens

Post by it's me Sat 08 Mar 2014, 22:19

Shocked 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens Empty Re: France gives back Nazi-seized paintings as Clooney's Monuments Men hits French screens

Post by amaretti Sun 09 Mar 2014, 02:12

Very cool .  cheers 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 09 Mar 2014, 02:22

Hopefully this is just the beginning.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 09 Mar 2014, 03:45

LizzyNY wrote:Hopefully this is just the beginning.

I think there will be many more pieces of Art returned because of MM bringing to the attention of all. This movie has done so much besides the movie itself. God Bless George & Grant for making it. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 09 Mar 2014, 04:09

I don't think UK will return our pieces of art they stole in 19th century.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 09 Mar 2014, 05:01

Sevens wrote:I don't think UK will return our pieces of art they stole in 19th century.

Miracles happen everyday maybe with all the publicity they might eventually.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 09 Mar 2014, 05:13

Well said. They did return Hongkong.
Never mind, I was just kidding. We destroyed countless our own treasures during some tragical 10 years or so, you know. At least British kept them carefully.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down