I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Your Views on George

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Views on George

Post by NewFanForever on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 10:43

I have been reading a lot and have a few questions.

GC has stated he wants to look back at 80 years of age and see all the good work he has done and achieved with appearing in and making films.

What do you think drives him here and appeals?

We know as a young guy he probably was in it for money and then came the women..Hollywood lifestyle etc.

Do you think its the fame he seeks or the value given by fans and people? The love of story telling perhaps?

Also too me he seems a very divided person living two lives...on one hand so giving and caring about world issues and friends...and then his personal relations tend to not follow or seem of same value?

Can't help but wonder as he said his dad is one of the most ethnical guys he has even known...if for not choosing a Hollywood lifestyle...we would not now be seeing him in Washington?

Thinking out loud...maybe regrets here? For me there's no choice for the love of America would be too strong!

What do you think?

Last edited by NewFanForever on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more material)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Views on George

Post by What Would He Say on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:04

Sometimes in life, you feel you are lucky because you are "too free" and you run with it.  However, everything, everything has a sell by date.

George's "free hollywood life style" may now be part of his history, we don't know. Just like we don't know what path he may have taken had things been different.

He said recently he has the heart of a volunteer, I think he would have found politics too cynical a load for that heart.

JMO,
What Would He Say
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:14

That's very interesting.

I just think he has the heart and gift of the gab to lead. We haven't seen that in some time...but I guess there is a lot of politics in politics.

Sell by date I think is a Hollywood thing.

Heart date lives on.

Most of the people we love and respect have been older.

"Too Free" to me is a disadvantage and doesn't lead to happiness!

Excesses in life can and often lead to a downward spiral unless kept a rein on! Dicipline and control...for me have brought great rewards!  Just IMO

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:22

Paragraph 3, NewFanForever.......

You know, I have a feeling that the women came first........

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 11:26

I don't know and will never understand that....but I am not a man I guess!

On a lighter note if he was president we would know where he is everyday and what his doing.

Instead of waiting nine months for the next movie...feels like giving birth...Lmao!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 13:04

it's hard to build an idea
from the outside only

and he is an actor
better not forget

among all said your statement popped out to me
NFF

the two different "speeds"
about public and private
between known and secretive

the most soft spots
(as also flaws)
are obviously unknown
I guess
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 13:54

I didn't understand you IM.

You are saying IYO GC has flaws?

Defination of a flaw..a character flaw is a limitation, imperfection, problem, phobia, or deficiency present in a character who may be otherwise very functional.

Well if he has...he has still worked around it very well.

I Forgive him a lot after seeing the sweet drawings he did on the dinner sets he designed for charity...that's very nice!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 15:08

New Fan - Everyone has flaws - even George. They are what make us human. We talk all the time about the "flaws" in George's public life - the women, the drinking, etc. - but we don't know what he is really like in his private life.

The fact that he is so well liked in his world, and that he has long-term, really close friends who protect and defend his privacy tells me that his public persona of world class playboy is not who he really is. I'm guessing he's a pretty nice guy and a really good friend.
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 16:11

I like nice . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 16:25

yes he is human! Very Happy
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 04:29

LizzyNY wrote:New Fan - Everyone has flaws - even George. They are what make us human. We talk all the time about the "flaws" in George's public life - the women, the drinking, etc. - but we don't know what he is really like in his private life.

The fact that he is so well liked in his world, and that he has long-term, really close friends who protect and defend his privacy tells me that his public persona of world class playboy is not who he really is. I'm guessing he's a pretty nice guy and a really good friend.

Very nicely said Lizzy. To me; George is a terrific person, whose biggest fear is hurting someone else. He cannot get hurt GF's or be hurt by someone if he doesn't get too involved with them on a deeper level. For whatever reason I don't think that George thinks to highly of himself. He blames his divorce on himself and I wholeheartedly don't believe it was one sided. He says he is not a believer but he still puts rocks in his shoes.

He is a creative person so he will always need to be doing some kind of work that challenges that creativity. I have seen myself go around the clock to finish a project; all while I'm thinking what the next one will be. These days I stay on the computer forever. To me George appears to be that type of person; but on a much larger scale.

If you stop and think about George does not live an excessive life for all his success. He is driven to help his causes; always having to do more and more. He also feels that there are sooo many that have such a horrific existence and he needs to help them. Because he is so successful he should do more for others. Also don't think that he feels that is fair for them, maybe some guilt for his good fortune. I assume he is somewhat possessive/compulsive in a lot of these things. A lot of this goes along with dyslexia, of which you do not get cure, but learn to adapt to. We know that 99% of all that know him will agree that he is a wonderful person, which I believe.

Maybe one day he will me a woman that can understand him and can cope with his ways because he really does not like to be alone all the time. This is all my assessment of everything I have read by/about him. Taken a lot of the gossip rags with many grains of salt. XXX
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 04:58

I think he is still guilty of his first marriage.To escape from some kind of hurt or failure, he chose to not take latter relationships very seriously so he won't ruin any second marriage with any woman. The fact he got married early means he believed in marriage so deeply at that time, yet the divorce hurt him some way devastatingly. He said he hadn't met the one yet, which implies he's still concerned marrying someone would hurt her rather than make her happy. He doesn't take himself very seriously even if he feels alone, that's why he needs those close friends.

Last edited by Sevens on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 08:44; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 08:07

Good point Stevens.

But..look he is not silly and is an actor and director and has been out in life.

He is well aware of all types of women.

As he.... not sure if he writes but directs and probably chooses actors for roles in his films.

If he was to direct a film about his life and pick the actors...he would know very well what type of person to play the women in his life and also to be able to pick a serious love interest...men know this.

Male friends of mine in there early twenties...I like to analysis these type of things...discussed women with me.

Serious guys will pick a certain women.
Guys who don't want commitment or a girlfriend will pick other types.
They sum you up pretty quickly.

Also talked to other men about the failure of there marriage this really hits them hard.

I personally have not gotten over my parents divorce it was so traumatic and affected me so deeply.

Men IMO don't worry about whether they make you happy or not.

They are in it for themselves and there needs....I am wondering perhaps if GC worries about himself infact being hurt. And for me...the last thing in my life I would ever want would be divorce...but unfortunately..i am not the only person in a relationship!

The only problem I could forsee with GC..would be him aging and also his friends and they would be busy with there own concerns...he then could make a very big mistake and panic...and  be victim of a gold digger...but I suppose if you old and sick it wouldn't matter.

I think if he is happy just let him be...IMO

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 08:57

He once said he'd rather die before his friends. If he doesn't want to be alone when he's old enough, I think he should get married in like 5 years...Maybe have a child too.
I always feel friends are not like family in your life after all. His friends have their own family to care for.
When George's parents pass away in near future, that difference will be more obvious for him. I hope he wouldn't suffer a lot emotionally. Please just marry some woman George! As long as you won't get alone when you're old!
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 09:05

Re-thinking.

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 11:13

If you are with the wrong person you can be lonelier than just being alone. No matter what any of us think he should or should not do; thankfully he is going to live his life as he chooses.
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 11:55

George admires his father so much, why wouldn't he think of himself as a good father?
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 12:05

IMO...I can't comment on him as a father or not.

What I meant in my original post was...One half of him has followed
his father and is so much like him and all his good qualities and much
knowledge and caring.

But he has stated in interviews that he has spoilt any political chances by his Hollywood lifestyle. I am only referring here to his public life!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 15:41

George has been single this long, I see no reason for him to get married just to be married. Or worse, because he doesn't want to be alone. If he finds a woman he truly wants to marry than he should take another trip down the aisle, but not to please any one else. Marriage is no guarantee of not being alone, divorce can happen too easily.
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 15:50

I think, when he says he would not be a good father, it isn't because he wouldn't love his children, but because he would (for the most part) be an absentee father. He often talks of his childhood and how important it was to have such a close relationship with his parents - even how working together when he was a kid helped prepare him for his career. You can't have that with your family if you're not there most of the time.

I think the same is true of marriage for him. . He has said that he doesn't want to be responsible for someone else's happiness. I think that comes from how he was affected by his divorce. Since then he has made his career a top priority in his life and I think it would be very hard for him to change. IMO, if he can't have the kind of marriage his parents have then he won't get married again - and his career makes that kind of marriage almost impossible.

I hope I'm wrong and totally misreading his situation. I'd hate to see him alone at the end of his life.

@jd68 - George would agree with you. He has said that he's been infinitely more alone in a bad relationship than when he was "single".
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 16:16

Well I've never been in marriage but George and many of you have, so I'm just talking with no personal  experience here. Maybe it's a cultural difference here, I can't imagine an old man with no wife or child at all would live happily. I'm going to get married in five years mainly because when you come to an age where marriage feels more like an obligation.
So it's kind of like getting married just to be married.Under certain  circumstances, people just make such choices. It's understandable,though.

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 02:12; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 16:21

Lizzy NY..I think you may have it there about GC and marriage.

Very good point...and have now seen this and realized with a number of men...when they see this "ideal marriage" and role models of happily married parents...it can be intimidating...same about unhappily married parents being offputting.

That's why I assume Brad Pitt is so good in his relationship and Tom Cruise not so..... as his childhood and parents relationship and what he has seen was dreadful. IMO

Sevens you are right about that...heard a lot of guys say its time to settle down mainly because there friends have.

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 17:19

If you look at the past ten years and how much of that time George spent actually working, which is most of it incidentally, I think that's what he was referring to when he made the statement about not being good father/husband material.  He knew there were things he wanted to accomplish with his life/career and at the time he made that statement, he was probably right.

Times change and circumstances change along with them.  What he said more than 15 years ago now might not necessarily apply any more.
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 18:24

Lighterside - hope you're right. Times and circumstances do change and our choices change with them. I hope his attitude towards settling down with somene he loves has evolved, but he seems to be working now more than ever so I'm not too hopeful.
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 02:14

LizzyNY May I ask you a question...Why don't you get an avatar?
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 09:18

Sevens wrote:Well I've never been in marriage but George and many of you have, so I'm just talking with no personal  experience here. Maybe it's a cultural difference here, I can't imagine an old man with no wife or child at all would live happily. I'm going to get married in five years mainly because when you come to an age where marriage feels more like an obligation.
So it's kind of like getting married just to be married.Under certain  circumstances, people just make such choices. It's understandable,though.

I'm married but don't have kids. I was never the type of woman that dreamed of her wedding day. Marriage was something I thought if I meet the right person and it happens then so be it, if not, that's fine too. I have friends that have never been married. It's not something they purposefully avoided, but they never felt they had met the right person to commit to and were not willing to get married just be married. Yes, George is getting older but I don't think he feels old. Sure he looks in the mirror and sees the gray hair and few laugh lines, but he lives a lifestyle of young man and has an income to enjoy all the spoils that go with it.

Sevens, so in 5 years you plan on getting married whether you feel a connection with someone or not? Sorry but that seems really sad.
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 18:32

Sevens - I don't have an avatar because I can't decide which one to use. They're all so great! Laughing 
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 19:06

Mazy wrote:If you are with the wrong person you can be lonelier than just being alone. No matter what any of us think he should or should not do; thankfully he is going to live his life as he chooses.

Totally agree with you on this Mazy Very Happy 

When you love somebody, you give him freedom. I love George. I want to see him free from judgement, fear and expectations on how he should live his life.

Also, I don't get the idea that every single person on Earth must live in pair. I see free people more interesting and fulfilled. Also, there are so many people who pretend to be happy in couples simply because this is part of our culture. You must be happy at all times. This is not natural and I don't believe in it.

Love you George. I support Sudan and drink Nespresso voluto.  queen
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 19:36

" I want to see him free from judgement, fear and expectations on how he should live his life. " Yes Butterfly ^ this!
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 22:42

Butterfly wrote:
Mazy wrote:If you are with the wrong person you can be lonelier than just being alone. No matter what any of us think he should or should not do; thankfully he is going to live his life as he chooses.

Totally agree with you on this Mazy Very Happy 

When you love somebody, you give him freedom. I love George. I want to see him free from judgement, fear and expectations on how he should live his life.

Also, I don't get the idea that every single person on Earth must live in pair.  I see free people more interesting and fulfilled. Also, there are so many people who pretend to be happy in couples simply because this is part of our culture. You must be happy at all times. This is not natural and I don't believe in it.

Love you George. I support Sudan and drink Nespresso voluto.  queen

This was a great post.

Agreed I see so many people in relationships or marriage just to say they have a partner or someone to be there carer or its time!

Only reason should be love! IMO

And you don't even need a relationship for that!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 04:07

I have no views on George. But if you point me to the correct window I'll be happy to oblige.
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 04:33

Bra ha ha haa. He hee. Me too .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:48

LornaDoone wrote:I have no views on George.  But if you point me to the correct window I'll be happy to oblige.  

Too f...ing funny!!
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue 11 Mar 2014, 14:16

LornaDoone wrote:I have no views on George.  But if you point me to the correct window I'll be happy to oblige.  

Solution Lorna.....Get a life size cardboard cut out of George
and place it outside of your bedroom window ?
You can wave him goodnight to your heart's content then.

Sofa bounce 
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 05:31

Well I don't get the joke....correct window ?
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 05:52

The subject of the thread is "your view on George" which could also be meant literally, as in a view of George through a window.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 07:08

Sometimes my humor just doesn't translate. Oh well! :-)
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum