Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

March Chit Chat

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

March Chit Chat

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Feb 28 2014, 14:33

It's March 1st in Oz so starting the new thread.

To answer amuserato - not in any Oscar pools. Too close to call for Best Picture.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Sat Mar 01 2014, 01:42

"Much Needed Rain"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_iI8gm7Kzc



Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Sat Mar 01 2014, 02:41

Blimey! That looks like a lot of rain!

Think I'd rather sit here in the sunshine.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Mar 01 2014, 03:43

Ok katie rub it in!  Ha!  

No really enjoy!  We've been very dry here actually in a drought situation too. So except for all the unfortunate accidents on the roads and in the hillside areas where they're experiencing mud flows today, we really, really do need the rain.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Sat Mar 01 2014, 11:39

The sun is shining, it's Saturday evening, I'm leaving the office and I'm hitting the beach all day tomorrow! See ya all on Monday!

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by theminis on Sat Mar 01 2014, 12:03

There she goes again with her bragging - enjoy

theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Lighterside on Sat Mar 01 2014, 12:09

And we're facing another bloody snow storm ALL weekend long!  Damn you Katie, you're stealing all the sunshine! ahahahahahahahaha

Just kidding...enjoy the beautiful day and send the warmer weather our way, please!

@Lorna, enjoy the rain! Every once in a while when I brush my teeth, I think about the days back in the late 70's & 80's when we lived in SoCal and there was a really severe draught, we had to make sure the kids didn't let the water run, while they brushed their teeth because there was such a water shortage at the time, that people were even asked to limit their showers to a couple of minutes each, to ensure enough water for everyone.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by theminis on Sat Mar 01 2014, 12:12

I bet you must be sick of the snow by now Lighter - you will have to plan a holiday somewhere tropical - try Queensland and I will fly up and meet you -

theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Lighterside on Sat Mar 01 2014, 12:14

Oh now THAT would be lovely theminis! In my mind I'm already there...hahahahaha

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by theminis on Sat Mar 01 2014, 12:15

Yep me too, sailing on the Whitsundays, water crystal clear and the sand glaringly white.

theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:31

Oh boy, now you are all talking about sunshine and beach now I feel cold again in Germany. Not fair.....Where is my beach???

Well, if it helps, we have already spring here. It is really warm.   sunny

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:34

Here's a snap I just took this evening of my beach to make you all feel warmer (or just hate me more!)


Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:35

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

OK NOW I'm jealous...and speechless  affraid

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by party animal - not! on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:38

Yep........You know, this doesn't look like a hardworking office environment to me - I was thinking office block, skyscapers, endless traffic, too many people.....but now I'm suspecting five star plus hotel..............

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7772
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by it's me on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:42

it's moving

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16900
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 16:43

But PAN who wants to live somewhere on the beach always nice weather when you can have office block, skyscapers, endless traffic, too many people. This is the real FUN     headbang 

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Lighterside on Sat Mar 01 2014, 17:55

Oh Katie...that place is so gorgeous, how do you ever talk yourself into going inside to get any work done! LOL I'm turning green with envy as I look out the window in my dining room at the snow everywhere you look! Curses.....

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 18:35

Hey guys! It's World Kidney Month! Take care of your kidneys this month and do something nice for a kidney patient you know. I promise we appreciate someone taking notice of what we are dealing with. I have PKD. They cause monster size kidneys and renal failure. I have dealt with both. Trust me, I know the burdens of kidney disease and if I can stop one person from suffering, I am going to do my part. Love your kidneys, and for God's sake, never complain about urinating in the middle of the night.



ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 20:25

Ktsue stay strong. I wish you all the best  Thumbs up!

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 20:27

Guys you need to watch that video. SOOOO CUUUTTTEEEE

These Ducklings Got Stuck in a Pool. You Will Love How They Get Reunited With Their Mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpz9USr1RHg




Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat Mar 01 2014, 20:29


ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Mar 01 2014, 20:49

Katiedot wrote:Here's a snap I just took this evening of my beach to make you all feel warmer (or just hate me more!)


Yup, hate you more! HA!

Looks lovely. Enjoy!

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by it's me on Sun Mar 02 2014, 00:52

http://hathaross.tumblr.com/post/78208025089/george-clooney-is-a-very-good-lover


 scratch how...

how can she know?! affraid 

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16900
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Sun Mar 02 2014, 13:20

Ok let's talk....about what?
I had two American oral English teachers in my first two years of college-first Lisa then Keith.
Lisa was 21 years old back in 2010.
She was a really energetic and easygoing gril who came from Oregon. A supporter of the Portland Trail Blazers. She took a gap year(actually it soon became three) travelling to China to teach English while learning Chinese here to teach back in US.Anyway, we talked a lot and had a lot fun in class. She played The Trueman Show at her last lesson which is a great film! Then next year she moved to another city continuing teaching. We're her second stop. She came back to US last year,and sent all of us an e-mail to say Hi, saying her boyfriend's parents now live in China and she hopes to travel back to our university soon. I told her I like watching Jon Stewart's Daily Show as well as The Big Bang Theory.She replied that she likes them too but doesn't quite like the blonde Penny. Since then we haven't got in touch anymore. I miss her.
Keith was a more serious then 28-year-old guy. Kinda boring?No wonder he has German blood. He introduced superheroes in one class.My homework journals always got high grades from him.
I also talked to some German and Austrlian fans in Shanghai's Formula One race weekend...That's all my experience with foreigners. Laughing 

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Sun Mar 02 2014, 13:21

Who's this Julianna?

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by What Would He Say on Sun Mar 02 2014, 14:16

@ Seven ... She was a star in ER with George, some years ago. They had a big relationship ON the show. I'm not qualified to talk about it as I missed most of them, well 99%...but I'm catching up.

Your English is AMAZING ... BTW.

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sun Mar 02 2014, 16:14

Sevens wrote:Ok let's talk....about what?
I had two American oral English teachers in my first two years of college-first Lisa then Keith.
Lisa was 21 years old back in 2010.
She was a really energetic and easygoing gril who came from Oregon. A supporter of the Portland Trail Blazers. She took a gap year(actually it soon became three) travelling to China to teach English while learning Chinese here to teach back in US.Anyway, we talked a lot and had a lot fun in class. She played The Trueman Show at her last lesson which is a great film! Then next year she moved to another city continuing teaching. We're her second stop. She came back to US last year,and sent all of us an e-mail to say Hi, saying her boyfriend's parents now live in China and she hopes to travel back to our university soon. I told her I like watching Jon Stewart's Daily Show as well as The Big Bang Theory.She replied that she likes them too but doesn't quite like the blonde Penny. Since then we haven't got in touch anymore. I miss her.
Keith was a more serious then 28-year-old guy. Kinda boring?No wonder he has German blood. He introduced superheroes in one class.My homework journals always got high grades from him.
I also talked to some German and Austrlian fans in Shanghai's Formula One race weekend...That's all my experience with foreigners. Laughing 


So Keith was American ? Maybe he was just a serious person no matter what kind of blood he has in the vein. As a German I have a lot of German blood in my veins and I'm not serous boring   Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 

But I know what you mean. German people can come across sometimes cold and serious. But we are not all like this. you find it in all different nationalities if you want to. Guess it is a culture difference to get used to  Give Flowers

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Nicky80 on Sun Mar 02 2014, 19:02

@amuserato, I moved your post to the Oscar thread  Very Happy 

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t4785-oscar-night#172863

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Carla97 on Sun Mar 02 2014, 20:17

Quite a snap! Wow.

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by playfuldeb on Sun Mar 02 2014, 22:39

Gorgeous photo of the beach Katie. Looks like a poster image, it's that good! Very nice job

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4929
Join date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by amuserato on Sun Mar 02 2014, 23:38

Nicky80 wrote:@amuserato, I moved your post to the Oscar thread  Very Happy 

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t4785-oscar-night#172863

Thanks lots, Nicky80! Much appreciated!

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Posts : 185
Join date : 2011-01-31
Location : DC suburbs

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Mon Mar 03 2014, 01:22

Nicky80 wrote:
Sevens wrote:Ok let's talk....about what?
I had two American oral English teachers in my first two years of college-first Lisa then Keith.
Lisa was 21 years old back in 2010.
She was a really energetic and easygoing gril who came from Oregon. A supporter of the Portland Trail Blazers. She took a gap year(actually it soon became three) travelling to China to teach English while learning Chinese here to teach back in US.Anyway, we talked a lot and had a lot fun in class. She played The Trueman Show at her last lesson which is a great film! Then next year she moved to another city continuing teaching. We're her second stop. She came back to US last year,and sent all of us an e-mail to say Hi, saying her boyfriend's parents now live in China and she hopes to travel back to our university soon. I told her I like watching Jon Stewart's Daily Show as well as The Big Bang Theory.She replied that she likes them too but doesn't quite like the blonde Penny. Since then we haven't got in touch anymore. I miss her.
Keith was a more serious then 28-year-old guy. Kinda boring?No wonder he has German blood. He introduced superheroes in one class.My homework journals always got high grades from him.
I also talked to some German and Austrlian fans in Shanghai's Formula One race weekend...That's all my experience with foreigners. Laughing 


So Keith was American ? Maybe he was just a serious person no matter what kind of blood he has in the vein. As a German I have a lot of German blood in my veins and I'm not serous boring   Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 

But I know what you mean. German people can come across sometimes cold and serious. But we are not all like this. you find it in all different nationalities if you want to. Guess it is a culture difference to get used to  Give Flowers
Yes he is. He said his German ancestors moved to US long ago...and he showed some pics of his grandfather joining the US Air Force and fighting in WWII. So his grandfather's first travel to "homeland" Germany is to bomb there for US!

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by playfuldeb on Mon Mar 03 2014, 16:49

Saw this and liked the meaning behind it

[img][/img]

playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4929
Join date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Tue Mar 04 2014, 03:15

That's so true, playful.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Tue Mar 04 2014, 14:19

If I can be allowed to copy and paste something from facebook, this caught my eye today:

A QUESTION IN A JOB INTERVIEW.....

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:

* An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

* An old friend who once saved your life.

* The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

He simply answered:

"I would give the car keys to my Old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Tue Mar 04 2014, 14:38

Oh that's really good.

But "Thinking outside of the box" only comes from life experience I've found. The secret is being willing
to learn as life constantly throws it's curve !

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by What Would He Say on Tue Mar 04 2014, 14:50

@ JO, well said. Roll with the curve.

But I'm hoping time and experience will help me think INSIDE the b****y box.

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Tue Mar 04 2014, 15:05

Oh No wwhs....it can get boring inside that box !
Not to mention claustrophobic.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Tue Mar 04 2014, 15:16

I have a serious question here. Do we have any known male member around the forum?
I feel George should have as many, if not more, male fans as female ones. Or are they too shy to join the talk?

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Tue Mar 04 2014, 15:29

Another Q: I start to know Katie is the owner of this site. So would you please talk about the initial found stories? When and how did you start it? I truly admire your patience and passion into this thing.
Any big moments of the forum? I'd like to know some historical fun tales...
Do you have any future plans about this? Does George know this forum?
Sorry about being so curious, I just feel like it's the BEST George Clooney online fanbase! Maybe it deserves more members around the world.

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Tue Mar 04 2014, 16:00

Sevens.....just spend time reading in the archives here.
Plenty to keep you busy for months on end !

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Tue Mar 04 2014, 16:31


Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Joanna on Tue Mar 04 2014, 16:48


Found this recently and I liked it.....


Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Katiedot on Tue Mar 04 2014, 20:19

Hi sevens. Thanks for the kind words about the forum. To answer your question quickly (I'm in bed on my iPad) I've been a clooney fan since 2000. There have always been fan sites for him but usually they fell apart after a few years, usually because the site owners lost interest in George. When the last one went down in 2010 due to an obsessive fan making life impossible for the owner, I realised that there was no public fan site for George which I thought was a terrible and sad thing. So I set one up and thankfully clooney fans liked it here and helped build it up to what it is now.

This was never meant to be a huge enterprise or anything, just a home for the lost souls of the previous site and a new home for new George fans. I think he's a great filmmaker and deserves to have a site. Seeing as how George is so anti social media, I think we'd be waiting forever for him to set something up.

Future plans? Just to keep growing. I'd like to have the time to build up the old stories again because this site is really only 3 and a half years old so a lot of what I remember from older sites isn't here. I worry ( in a small way) that we'll lose all that 'history' and new fans won't know so much about all the things George has done and so they won't get the whole picture of the man. I don't have his oscar wins, I don't have the controversial things he's said such as the jack abramoff or Charlotte Heston comments. George is a busy man who has opinions on everything and gets involved in so much and we really don't cover much of his life pre 2010 which is a great shame.

Does George himself know about us? I don't know. His PR team do, but I don't subscribe to the belief that they read here very often. As for George, I'd like to think that he's aware of this site but I very much doubt he's ever been online to read here.

Did I say I was going to keep this short? I guess I lied!

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Mazy on Wed Mar 05 2014, 09:34

I think with a lot of new people joining here (which is great) I would like to say that this is a public site. Many people can read what we post and many do. Just be a bit careful what information you post.

Many know that I spend a lot of time on twitter; twetting about a lot of GTC's causes and now my own. I have several accounts. Besides this I sign a lot of petitions for humanitarian & political causes, which you need to give your name. I get one almost daily from Amnesty International, I only sign those that I know about and agree with.

What I'm trying to get to is I have a whole collection of emails that I have received from people claiming that they have millions of dollars that belong to me and they want to help me get it. One was even supposedly from the head of the FBI. 95% of these all seem to have something to do with African or UK banks, which could be a bizarre coincidence. I NEVER ANSWER THESE. If anyone is doing something that they might be in jeopardy over it might be better to post it after the fact. Everything that we do on-line can leave a trail. I read last week that our facebook, twitter and similar accounts can all be gotten into very easily by anyone that knows what they are doing.

Now I don't worry about this but I am aware like we all should be that uses the internet. I just thought I should relate this to anyone that is interested. Have a good one. xxx

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Wed Mar 05 2014, 10:46

Thanks for Katie and Mazy's kind and helpful posts.
I do have Twitter and Facebook, but as we're blocked officially from them, I rarely log in my accounts.
We have similar sites like Renren and Weibo here, of which I find more fun and useful functions. However I don't know how and when I left some identity trails on them.
A couple of years ago, I got a call from my mom while I was having class. She asked what I was doing and I told her, but she just kept asking this to make sure I was at school. I said everything was OK then she sounded very relieved and hung up. So this call felt very strange to me.
Later on I found the whole thing out: That morning my mom got a call from a man claiming himself as my counselor in college. This man knew everything, including my name, my mother's name, my major and university.(Of course my mom's phone number) He said I was suffering an acute stomachache then some severe illnesses which needed immediate surgery, so they really needed my mom to remit cash for the medical care. My mom just got horribly concerned, she told my dad and they got in a car with two friends, trying to see me in hospital as soon as possible.
Here came the point where the defrauder didn't know about me. I attended a local university, though most of my school fellows were coming from all over the country, but I lived right in this city. So my parents started to ask the man which hospital I was in while they were driving around the city, but the man just said different locations in a few hours. My father got pissed off and refused to remit cash until he really saw me. A friend of my father's who was also in the car felt something wrong and suggested this might be a fraud. Then my mother realized they hadn't checked the fact by simply calling me. Then we got the first scenario in this post.
You beloved ones really got too crashed by the bad news about you to check the simplest facts. Lucky day though, they weren't fooled in the end.


Last edited by Sevens on Thu Mar 06 2014, 02:37; edited 1 time in total

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sevens on Wed Mar 05 2014, 16:47

Do you guys recommend this forum to your friends or online friends? I really enjoy Clooney's Open House, so I've recommended this to my online friend on Weibo, a Clooney fan too. She promised me she would come and visit the site tomorrow. Of course she has to be excellent at English!

Sevens
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Posts : 2543
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Carla97 on Wed Mar 05 2014, 18:39

Well recommend would be a bit strong word, but couple of my friends who are big Clooney fans know about this site. Knowing them, maybe they just read and not participate by writing themselves, or so I assume. Many people that I know also know that I like Clooney. So the name pops up every once in a while in various occasions.

I agree with being careful what information you post. And always think it could appear with your real name with it, if it helps for some kind of self-censorship.

My friends are mostly interested in blogs that are personal, and comment boxes are full of personal stuff as well, pictures of family and kids, what I wore today, holiday pics, homing, cooking, decoration, furniture etc. It´s amazing how regular housewife can get so many followers...

I don´t have face or twitter or linked in because of the type of work I do. Some of my colleagues have and it´s ok, but not really recommended. Depends what you post there I guess.

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Mazy on Wed Mar 05 2014, 23:06

I don't think there is a problem in recommending COH it is just a matter of what we post. Like I said just be aware there are a lot of fraudulent people in the world.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by ktsue2002 on Thu Mar 06 2014, 01:42

Katiedot wrote:Hi sevens. Thanks for the kind words about the forum. To answer your question quickly (I'm in bed on my iPad) I've been a clooney fan since 2000. There have always been fan sites for him but usually they fell apart after a few years, usually because the site owners lost interest in George.  When the last one went down in 2010 due to an obsessive fan making life impossible for the owner, I realised that there was no public fan site for George which I thought was a terrible and sad thing. So I set one up and thankfully clooney fans liked it here and helped build it up to what it is now.

This was never meant to be a huge enterprise or anything, just a home for the lost souls of the previous site and a new home for new George fans. I think he's a great filmmaker and deserves to have a site. Seeing as how George is so anti social media, I think we'd be waiting forever for him to set something up.

Future plans? Just to keep growing. I'd like to have the time to build up the old stories again because this site is really only 3 and a half years old so a lot of what I remember from older sites isn't here. I worry ( in a small way) that we'll lose all that 'history' and new fans won't know so much about all the things George has done and so they won't get the whole picture of the man. I don't have his oscar wins, I don't have the controversial things he's said such as the jack abramoff or Charlotte Heston comments. George is a busy man who has opinions on everything and gets involved in so much and we really don't cover much of his life pre 2010 which is a great shame.

Does George himself know about us? I don't know. His PR team do, but I don't subscribe to the belief that they read here very often. As for George, I'd like to think that he's aware of this site but I very much doubt he's ever been online to read here.

Did I say I was going to keep this short? I guess I lied!

Well if he does read on here, I hope he realizes that for the most part, we are some cool chicks who just love him and his work. We may gossip sometimes, joke around and critique his choices, particularly the ones that involve the ladies of his life, but we love him. We will love him long after he is lost his status as an A list star. I know I will, anyway. We are not mean spirited, at least I'm not. We just want him to keep doing good work, keep making movies and hopefully come to visit us in our dreams. Anyway, I think I am speaking for most of us, maybe not all, but most. Our biggest hopes for him are to be healthy and happy, and most importantly, stop telling the cat box story. We get it George, you shit in a box. LOL Sorry for the language.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Posts : 559
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: March Chit Chat

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:14


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum