George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life?

+3
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
NewFanForever
7 posters

Go down

Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? Empty Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life?

Post by NewFanForever Mon 24 Feb 2014, 01:36

As you can see I am a new fan and already I have learn't so much and had many laughs.

Some of the ways I have been inspired have been:

To see his new movie Monuments Men...not only to watch his acting but to learn more on what sounds like a very interesting story.

I have become interested in Italy and realestate there.

So much enjoyed reading the threads and the friendships developed here on this forum.

Also his charity work... rings home to me and is a reminder that I could do more and be more.

I find with people I admire I like to immulate them or copy ideas that work for them...I have found in the past this has opened a new world for me.

Please share if you feel comfortable...

What  does being a fan of George's means to you?

Do you feel it has made you a better person?

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? Empty Re: Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life?

Post by What Would He Say Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:03

I've said it before...

I learn from George everyday

Sometimes I think it's telepathy .... Spooky  Shocked 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life? Empty Re: Has Being a Fan of George Clooney's inspired you to a better life?

Post by NewFanForever Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:05

That's very interesting and informative WWHS...thanks for sharing!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:23

New Fan - I think George is an inspiration for all people, not just his fans. His life is an example of how we can all make a difference in the world - even if only in small ways.

WWHS - Next time you get a "message", tell him I said 'Hi!". LOL!  
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:24

I don't know about being inspired to a better life as such . . . but George's causes and interests have opened my eyes to new worlds and activities that I wouldn't normally have spent much time reading about.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:29

I think my enthusiasm for George and his work actually has more to do with me than him. He and I have the same birthday, and this may sound so stupid, but I feel a connection to him. Like cosmically, we are set on a similar plain as a result. When I was diagnosed with PKD, I was so saddened, thinking that my life was going to be much shorter than I thought. I was also in a job that I hated big time. That same year, he won the Oscar for Syriana, and instead of going home and admiring his wins that year, he decided to "charge in his celebrity credity card" and put direct attention on the genocide that was going on in the Darfur region of Sudan. Seeing this really struck me. It was like a force inside was telling me that I needed to do something with my life, even if was going to be much different than what I had planned. That year was when I made up my mind that I had to go after what I wanted out of life, and seeing Mr. Clooney prove successful at what he did pushed me to go after what I want out of life. I switched jobs and became a reporter. I was one for four years until I got so sick that I couldn't handle the work load. That was one of the roughest periods in my life. During that time was when I was forced to switch to a less stressful position as a church secretary. I was also starting dialysis at that time. It really was rough. You have no idea what it is like to be so sick and have to give up what you had really wanted to do.

While I was on dialysis, three things kept me going. 1. Most importantly, my faith in God that He would keep me safe during that time. 2. My desire to bounce back and go to graduate school. 3. My desire to see the NEXT George Clooney movie. It may sound dumb but just the thought that hey, "I am alive and can go see that next GC movie" really kept me going, particularly on those rough days when my blood pressure dropped extremely low and I bled all over stuff. Dialysis is not for wimps.

Then on October 23, 2012, my friend did the most awesome thing ever when she gave me her kidney. It was a miracle, I tell you. Having done dialysis for 1 year and four months, I realized that I didn't want to continue on the same path. I had changed, and I hoped for the better. So, I chose to forgo journalism altogether and focus on helping others. I saw what my friend did for me, and I just felt my focus had to shift some. I decided to apply to graduate school and work towards getting a Masters of Social Work so I can help kidney patients. That is where I am now.

Throughout that time, I still get great joy going to see his films, all of them. I have seen MM twice now. I have met him once. I hope to meet him again someday. In the meantime, I thank my friend for each day I have with my third kidney and I treasure getting to see "the next George Clooney movie." Hopefully, I will be around for many many more!!!
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:34

Thanks also Lizzy and Katiedot...I agree!

ktsue2002 thanks for sharing your very moving story.
Its wonderful to read how you have overcome so much with your faith and devotion as a fan...I too wish many more GC movies for you!!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Feb 2014, 02:42

ktsue2002- Your story is an inspiration to all of us. I wish you a long, bright future helping others and enjoying George's movies.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:42

God Bless you ktsue...I pray you get to see ALL of the films that George and Grant make in the future!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:24

Me too ktsue 2002 l wish you could see many George clooneys movies , your story is very inspirational
cupcake
cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down