» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why George Clooney, Wes Anderson, and Every Director in Hollywood Adores Alexandre Desplat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why George Clooney, Wes Anderson, and Every Director in Hollywood Adores Alexandre Desplat

Post by silly girl on Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:36

Just the GC part:

On The Monuments Men director George Clooney

“We all feel that George is the heir of Clark Gable, Cary Grant, William Holden, and Dana Andrews,” Desplat says

The composer was familiar with Clooney's old soul after working with the writer-director-actor on Ides of March. And yet, the golden age demands of The Monuments Men ran deeper than the composer could have predicted. “When he offered me the movie that reflected the 50s and 60s—Bernstein’s great scores, Maurice Jarre's great scores—it was exciting,” he says. “He's not trying to make a ‘hip’ war movie about guys trying to find art. He wanted to make something that reflected the 60s. So the score is more narrative than it usually is.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney's throwback was the full package. He wanted “war music,” or as Desplat describes, “a big symphony orchestra that can go from a solid, masculine, brassy sound to a very intimate, solo flute and harp duet.” Why do classic war movie scores sound the way they do? “They knew the war,” Desplat explains. “They were all symphonists and they had the heritage of military bands—marches and what you'd hear in an army band. And in the 40s, you also had the way big bands played, like Glenn Miller. Brass became very important to the orchestra in these films.” And not just the orchestra—to Clooney, too.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Re: Why George Clooney, Wes Anderson, and Every Director in Hollywood Adores Alexandre Desplat

Post by Nicky80 on Thu Feb 20 2014, 22:21

Nice, thanks SG

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: Why George Clooney, Wes Anderson, and Every Director in Hollywood Adores Alexandre Desplat

Post by Mazy on Thu Feb 20 2014, 23:09

Thanks SG very interesting article

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum