George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening

+30
tosko
ktsue2002
theminis
mosaic
Atalante
fava
NotAvailable
it's me
justpassinthrough
Henway
Katiedot
LizzyNY
Dior
Joanna
Maggy
Rachel
Lighterside
phys major
Pari
What Would He Say
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Carla97
Nicky80
Boshkash
Mazy
LornaDoone
melbert
silly girl
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening Empty George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening

Post by silly girl Tue 18 Feb 2014, 00:43

Not home but found this on Deadline:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening Empty Re: George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening

Post by melbert Tue 18 Feb 2014, 01:25

George Clooney & ‘Monuments Men’ Headed For White House

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Monday February 17, 2014 @ 4:00pm PST
Tags: Barack Obama, George Clooney, Sony Pictures, The Monuments Men

President Obama on Tuesday will host cast and crew members of Sony’s The Monuments Men for a screening at the White House. George Clooney, who co-wrote, directed and stars in the pic, will be attending the closed-press evening event, we’re told. The pic, based on the true story of an unlikely World War II unit that was tasked with saving priceless art from the Nazis, opened February 7 and has grossed $46M+ to date. It’s a rare case of the White House screening a movie that’s already in theaters. This is not Clooney’s first go-round with the president: He hosted a May 2012 Obama re-election fundraiser at his Studio City home that raised a then-record $15 million. “We raised a lot of money because everybody loves George,” Obama said during that $40,000-a-ticket event. “They like me, they love him.”
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening Empty Re: George Clooney at the White House for Monuments Men screening

Post by LornaDoone Tue 18 Feb 2014, 03:10

Ah, so that's why President Obama rushed off from his trip to California! HA!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 18 Feb 2014, 03:27

I read something about medals for the original Monuments Men, I wonder if that will happen at the same time. Anyone know?
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Tue 18 Feb 2014, 04:33

Wow, George has a lot of influence, I remember that the white house asked for a screening for the ides of march, but Clooney thought the movie might cause uneasiness or something like that so they didn't do it..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 06:43

Thanks for the find. That's amazing PR for the movie  Yahooooo Can't wait for pics
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 08:04

Good news  sunny 
but hardly a surprise.
On a contrary it would have been odd if it didn´t get an invite for the screening. MM is made by a high-profile Obama backer  cheers 
What movie they would screen if not this? Besides it has historical true story behind it...with american presidents and soldiers. So there you go... Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Feb 2014, 00:53

Guest list:

Clooney, Damon visit White House to screen new movie

President Obama got a visit on Tuesday night from George Clooney, Matt Damon and Bill Murray.

The Hollywood stars were among the cast and crew on hand for a screening of The Monuments Men at the White House family theater. The film tells the story of a World War II platoon that was tasked by Franklin D. Roosevelt with going into Germany to rescue masterpieces stolen by Nazis.

The movie was written and produced by Clooney, a generous donor to Obama's political campaigns, and Grant Heslov.

Damon, a one-time booster of Obama, has expressed his disappointment with Obama's performance in the White House in the past. Most recently, Damon told BET last year that Obama "broke up with him" and expressed concerns about U.S. drone operations under Obama and revelations by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden about agency's spying programs.

Obama tweaked the disenchanted Damon with a joke at the 2011 White House Correspondent Association Dinner.

"Matt Damon said he was disappointed in my performance. Well, Matt, I just saw The Adjustment Bureau, so right back atcha, buddy!" Obama said.

Here's the White House's full guest list for the screening:

· George Clooney

· Nick and Nina Clooney

· Bill Murray

· Matt Damon

· Grant Heslov

· Robert Edsel, writer of the book The Monuments Men

· Harry Ettlinger, member of the original Monument Men group

· Bill Burns, deputy secretary of State

· Heather Higginbottom, deputy secretary of State

· David Wade, State Department chief of staff

· Richard Stengel, under secretary of State for public affairs

· Evan Ryan, assistant secretary of State for educational and cultural affairs

· Bill McHugh, secretary of the Army

· Sara Bloomfield, director of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum

· Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation

· Susan Hildreth, director of the Institute of Museum and Library Services

· David Ferriero, archivist of the United States

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Feb 2014, 01:06

And Harry Ettlinger's there too!.......

And so is Mrs Heslov:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 19 Feb 2014, 03:57

The White House had stopped screening movies because there was pushback from some corners that a WH showing gave an unfair advantage to the movie/talent/director during awards season. Doesn't make sense to me, but that was the word on the street. But 'MM' isn't in awards contention, and, as Jon Stewart said, Mr. Obama is apparently in the "Fuck it" stage of his presidency.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 19 Feb 2014, 04:06

I'm just mad about Harry.

A man of his age embracing all this sudden travel and hullabaloo, well they don't make 'em like that anymore.
And those "hand" they alone can tell a story.
It is so right that Mr Ettlinger is in the White House!

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 05:49

Mr Ettlinger is amazing !  cheers 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Feb 2014, 07:42

This is interesting:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 08:07

Thanks SG and PAN for the updates.

Oh yes SG this is interesting, her name was not on the guest list but interesting picture. Maybe she is just there because of her work? Lets' see.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Feb 2014, 08:08

Yes, let's see.

And also, I guess I should check my twitter account more often! Thanks for finding tis.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Feb 2014, 09:47

@lysa1023 has a few more White House pix

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:46

I wonder if she's met the President before........and part of Yulia Tymoshenko's legal team, amongst other things...would have been a fascinating night

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:58

She has deleted the photos with Amal in them...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:06

no
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:40

a pic of G's parents disappeared

oh! finally got the ball and chain of Lysa Heslow!!!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 19 Feb 2014, 13:18

This must've been a good session... Congratulations Monuments Men! Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 19 Feb 2014, 14:49

That girl better have more.then those pictures ( :-)  to Call Amal his new girlfriend..

Last edited by phys major on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 16:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : took away the comment..Because I offended someone)
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 19 Feb 2014, 15:25

That is a very disgusting and rude thing to say about a young professional woman you don't know phys major...even for you, that's pretty low.

Last edited by Lighterside on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 17:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited to remove the comment made by phys major as requested...)
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 16:00

silly girl wrote:She has deleted the photos with Amal in them...

I was surprised anyway to see a picture with her. I guess they are scared to head up the rumors again
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Wed 19 Feb 2014, 16:08

Well, I would not call this a rumor. Looks rather like he has introduced her to the ones important to him like his parents and best friends, which includes the president. Why else, if not dating her, would he take her privately to the White House screening.
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 16:52

phys major wrote:That girl better have more.then those pictures etc

where did you see it?

Last edited by it's me on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:32; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 19 Feb 2014, 16:53

Lighterside wrote:
phys major wrote:That girl better have more.then those pictures ( :-) to Call Amal his new girlfriend..

That is a very disgusting and rude thing to say about a young professional woman you don't know phys major...even for you, that's pretty low.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN EVEN FOR ME ? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM..IT WAS A DAMN JOKE!!!  GET OVER IT!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 19 Feb 2014, 17:00

Could you please edit My Quote "it's me" and remove the part Lighterside was offended by.

Lighterside, possibly you could do the same thing considering it was so offensive to you that you copied it and then replied!

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 19 Feb 2014, 17:19

Lighterside wrote:
phys major wrote:That girl better have more.then those pictures ) :-) to Call Amal his new girlfriend..

Funny if she wasn't a Young professional girl like lets say Monica it would be okay? Seriously some of you women certainly have some attitude problems. (Like I do right now) sorry your so Fu--ing perfect you can't take a damn JOKE!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 19 Feb 2014, 17:31

phys major wrote:
Lighterside wrote:
phys major wrote:That girl better have more.then those pictures ) :-) to Call Amal his new girlfriend..

Funny if she wasn't a Young professional girl like lets say Monica it would be okay?  Seriously some of you women certainly have some attitude problems. (Like I do right now) sorry your so Fu--ing perfect you can't take a damn JOKE!

I personally would have had a problem with the vulgar and disgusting comment you made no matter whom it was directed at!

I have edited your comment out of my reply as you requested.  Maybe exercising a little self control before posting would be a wiser choice but then again, you've made fun of my "provincial ways" prior to this, you in fact, made fun of my being religious, so I shouldn't really expect more from you.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:24

If this was at the WH screening, why is the other two ladies wearing different
outfits, or is it that they all spend the night over prior to screening day?

Any hows, am glad it was her, I guess.

Bless wishes to both of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:42

Maggy, I would think it is because they have flown in and arrived at their hotel, before going to the White House

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:43

no pics of G?????
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:48

Yes IM....one on Lysa Heslov!'s Instagram page !

Yes the ladies are grooming hair.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 18:50

one??
a slice if him .... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 19 Feb 2014, 19:03

So we had Jakisic at the Baftas, the lawyer at the white house, does anybody know what Katie Holmes is doing actually? She needs to post a picture.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 19:05

Mad 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 19:57

Dior wrote:So we had Jakisic at the Baftas, the lawyer at the white house, does anybody know what Katie Holmes is doing actually? She needs to post a picture.

There will be a pic, don´t you worry about it. LOL

You know what I think? If any of them went to WH it was not because of G, but BO.
WHaat???  Shocked   Razz 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Feb 2014, 21:05

Bo the dog? lol !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 21:55

Yes, girls love animals  Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 19 Feb 2014, 22:30

If she was there, maybe George saw this as a way to help her get the president's ear to discuss what's happening in Syria. Wasn't there something earlier about her discussing a Satellite Sentinel type project for Syria with George?

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 19 Feb 2014, 22:57

Her own CV is very impressive (and includes University of Oxford, the University of Law, NYC) and she advises/advised Kofi Annan at the UN, so she's not fazed by the corridors of power, and I can imagine the conversation was pretty wide-ranging..........loved to have been a fly-on-the-wall

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 20 Feb 2014, 00:35

No pic's of this event, was there Red Carpet shenanigans .... Or was this just a private party?
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Feb 2014, 01:51

Ah. Back at the hotel post-White House?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added tweet and picture from instagram)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:13

There was a petition to the president;for Yulia, signed with much more names than needed for him to have to respond. Asking for his help in her case. It's in the Causes thread. The one with her name, I remember posting it there. It could be many different reasons why she was there; one also being that they are interested in each other. Time will tell as Katie said above, if the later is the case than I will just have a stroke you know I love him. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:21

Interesting to note that Bill Burns, John Kerry's deputy was there too, in Kerry's absence, and he's done amazing work in the Middle East. The connections are many, and of course Our Hero bought the Como house from John Kerry and his wife.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:43

Joanna wrote:Yes IM....one on Lysa Heslov!'s Instagram page !
I'd love a link, please.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:11

[quote="Lighterside"][quote="phys major"]
Lighterside wrote:

I have edited your comment out of my reply as you requested.  Maybe exercising a little self control before posting would be a wiser choice but then again, you've made fun of my "provincial ways" prior to this, you in fact, made fun of my being religious, so I shouldn't really expect more from you.

You must have the wrong person because I would NEVER make fun of someone being religious..Maybe you should go back and read some of my posts!!! I'm vulgar and disgusting oh well!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:30

That picture makes it look like she's his date. Just sayin...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:34

Katiedot wrote:
Joanna wrote:Yes IM....one on Lysa Heslov!'s Instagram page !
 I'd love a link, please.

However, the pictures of Amal are gone.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next