I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Has anyone ACTUALLY met George in the flesh????

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has anyone ACTUALLY met George in the flesh????

Post by Atalante on Sat 02 Apr 2011, 21:51

Your daughter was lucky, I guess.

Well, I should read a bit about that state, I've already found this: http://www.lexingtonky.gov/index.aspx?page=2154&recordid=28 ! bounce Very Happy
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Sun 03 Apr 2011, 08:52

George is not difficult to meet, just come to Italy between June and September and attend the Lake Como in Bellagio and Laglio (21 Km) is always around by motorbike, boat, bike and drink a drink or dinner. A few years ago you could meet at seven in the morning while jogging on the lake or while playing basketball with the boys in the oratory of the place.
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Sun 03 Apr 2011, 09:03

[quote]KFC is not anything like home-made southern fried chicken you are so right about that amuserato!{/quote]
Yup! Louisiana style, not Kentucky!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:04

lelacorb, what about meeting him in LA? Any places where Gee frequents? I know he rides his bike of a Sunday on the Pacific H/w, but quite a distance to cover unless in pursuit! Any ideas??
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:18

Ermmm, before we get too carried away here I'm not in favour of creating a stalker's guide to finding Clooney!!
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 12:12

Katie, the chances of even getting within squeezing distance is going to be remote, so no worries! It carries on from my earlier thread of meeting him. Gee's not the regular shopping sort, for us not-in-the-knows, just a different slant of how he fills his days. Unless you know otherwise........??!
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 12:51

Like everyone else here, I know nothing about his schedule - I don't even live on the same continent! Sad

But on a serious note, I do want to steer away from a list of possible places George hangs out in LA (if such info even exists!) which is what you seemed to be asking for - not because of you personally but because this is a public site and who knows who is reading this.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 14:21

Laughing Says Katiedot the one who started this forum to follow him around in the digital world ! lol!
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:27

Hardly!
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 21:19

Following him around the digital world and going around to places he frequents are two very different things IMO.
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 00:05

I agree Lucy. This is a forum where we have fun speculating, writing comments, and generally being somewhat silly. Following someone IMO is stalking. For me - that's serious stuff.
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 18:14

I love all the stories!!! Thanks for share.

I've never met him... is still a dream for me... the only place where I can meet will be in Laglio but I´m sure I would not be able to say anything... I would be petrified, standing there... and no longer would never see again HAHAHAHAHAHA

A cousin met him in London when they were shooting Good night and good luck. He said he was much more handsome in person, that he was just like on TV, thin and tall ... well my cousin is not very high so for him he was tall, Razz and when a person is thin it seems to be taller than he actually is.
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 18:25

Warm Welcome Natasha to the frorum. It's nice to see someone with new ideas. Keep posting, we love you!

Last edited by cindigirl on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 18:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added word)
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 05:49

When I first moved to LA, it was to do acting. I had a friend, who was disabled and at home all the time, submit me for auditions on a couple websights I belonged to. One day I recieved an email from section 8 stating that I had a fitting, with date, time and location. I called the friend and asked her if she remembers submitting something to section 8, especially since I hadnt been on any auditions recently. She said she had no idea who that was, so I never went to the fitting. I missed my big chance on Oceans 13 !! Watch it; George and Brad discuss that it was too bad that Debbie couldnt make it, (or something like that). Still kicking myself . . .
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 05:57

That would of been soooo much fun, you would of been on location in Italy,or maybe not depending on the part, but who cares it could of been fun!
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:16

Yep, probably would have been lots of fun. I've never had lobster and I heard that he made lobster for everyone on the last day of shooting! (kick, kick, kick)
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:21

Why have you never had lobster? I don't like to cook it at home, don't order it much at restaurants, but it's not to expensive at places like Red Lobster. You should treat yourself don't wait on George.
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:24

Someone mentioned they were eating lobster for dinner during IOM, too. That was a different day i wasn't working but, they had king crab legs for lunch the day i was working. LOL , I was like mmm, OUCH...mmmm....OUCH yumm....OUCH

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:26

It's all the melted butter not the meat that gets ya right?
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:28

lucy wrote:Why have you never had lobster? I don't like to cook it at home, don't order it much at restaurants, but it's not to expensive at places like Red Lobster. You should treat yourself don't wait on George.

Cute avatar, Lucy!

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Sun 10 Jul 2011, 06:36

That's one of my girls, actually two 1 humane, 1 not.
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 07:04

Oh, I'm not waiting on George. Lobster, Crab Legs, is just way out of my price range, even when it's on sale. I'm in LA, and the cost of living is tuff. I went a year and a half with no hot water, no heat and no stove cuz I couldnt afford the utilities.
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 07:22

He was in Egypt and it was my B-day and i hadn't known anything till the late night , I was like affraid and shouting at everyone on why i didn't know and they kept laughin' at me on how crazy i am. Bounce
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 07:35

If I had been in your place, I would have shouted, too.
Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 07:49

hehehehehehe , yeah...hard times.......... XD
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 08:33

Ladies you should avoid lobster! It's incredibly cruel not only to "choose" your victim before cooking, but then to drop the poor little thing into boiling water for your delight! I've never had lobster and no intention to either. Viva the lobster!!!
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:53

He was also in my city years ago, seeing the Gugemheim.... nobody knew,... I found out months later by an interview with the director of the museum! I was..... Crying or Very sad No I've been so close and I didn´t know!!
Also same thing happened with Brad and Angelina, they have been more than once in my city.
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 14:07

Fuffy - "Ladies you should avoid lobster! It's incredibly cruel not only to "choose" your victim before cooking, but then to drop the poor little thing into boiling water for your delight! I've never had lobster and no intention to either."

My sentiments exactly. When I see people eating lobster I wonder how it would look to see them dipped in boiling water. That somehow makes me feel better.
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Mon 11 Jul 2011, 16:24

Thanks Cindi, nice to know I'm not alone in this! I know someone who could be dropped into boiling water!!! probably wouldn't make any difference to the overall colour either !!!!
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:24

amuserato, I love your tampon story. OMG, priceless. Razz Razz Razz

As mentioned in the intro thread, I've had the opportunity to chat with GC and it turned out to be a completely unexpected delight - one that has led me here. Very Happy Because of my job, I was involved in three Q and A's for "The Descendants" and found myself having a chance to talk alone with him on each occasion. To say he could charm the birds out of the trees would be an understatement, but aside from that - I found him to be one of the warmest people I've ever met. There is something very genuine and kind about him. So much so, it overcomes the incredible distraction of his physical presence. Gah. Anyway, I don't know if it's best to post my encounters first - a couple of which are posted in other threads, or would it be less tiresome if I just let anyone who is interested ask questions they might be curious about? Ready, set, go!!! lol!
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:28

aha
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 20:29

Thanks Astras....I've got to go now but no doubt will be talking to you about it all another time.
Bye
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 21:22

Astras, I want to hear every single detail.
Don't worry won't get bored.
After your "essay" questions will possibly follow.
Smile

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 02:46

Astras wrote:amuserato, I love your tampon story. OMG, priceless. Razz Razz Razz

As mentioned in the intro thread, I've had the opportunity to chat with GC and it turned out to be a completely unexpected delight - one that has led me here. Very Happy Because of my job, I was involved in three Q and A's for "The Descendants" and found myself having a chance to talk alone with him on each occasion. To say he could charm the birds out of the trees would be an understatement, but aside from that - I found him to be one of the warmest people I've ever met. There is something very genuine and kind about him. So much so, it overcomes the incredible distraction of his physical presence. Gah. Anyway, I don't know if it's best to post my encounters first - a couple of which are posted in other threads, or would it be less tiresome if I just let anyone who is interested ask questions they might be curious about? Ready, set, go!!! lol!

Many thanks, Astras! You might have noticed that in all the autograph signing opportunities of late, he comes prepared with his own Fine Sharpie of Destiny... so as not to have to fend off other items perhaps?? Laughing

You are very lucky to have had such opportunities-- Thanks very much for being willing to share!
cheers

Last edited by amuserato on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 04:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 02:52

If I had to choose one of the two times I saw him I would've picked the first time but it would've lasted a loooot longer

I guess the first time was nicer in a sense because it was one on one
but the second was more fun because I was working as an extra

by comparison
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 03:08

Oh Michelle, so lucky to have met him one on one and to have worked with him! Great memories which we appreciate your sharing!

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 03:15

@Astras (puts me in mind of "ad astra per aspera"... a rough road to the stars indeed!)
I noted recently, but didn't pursue for fear of being a downer, that not only does Clooney seem basically shy in public (less so in individual interaction) but there is a determined sense of sadness about him... his smile doesn't really reach the depth of his eyes despite the twinkle. Perhaps it is only wistfulness? Did you notice anything of the kind in your interactions with him?
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 04:02

amuserato wrote:Oh Michelle, so lucky to have met him one on one and to have worked with him! Great memories which we appreciate your sharing!

Thanks! Yes, good memories.

for anyone new, I met him in 2006 at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, my second mom lives there and i perused the film festival and then 2011 I was an extra in Ides Of March. I'm on the DVD but you may need your magnifying glass Wink
IOM was a Wonderful opportunity though

Blessed in some ways but in others well...
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 05:10

Guest wrote:
lucy wrote:Why have you never had lobster? I don't like to cook it at home, don't order it much at restaurants, but it's not to expensive at places like Red Lobster. You should treat yourself don't wait on George.

Cute avatar, Lucy!

Michelle

This is one of my old quotes i found while reading some other stuff . the one that says GUEST up top is mine, too LOL
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 08:21

amuserato wrote:@Astras (puts me in mind of "ad astra per aspera"... a rough road to the stars indeed!)
I noted recently, but didn't pursue for fear of being a downer, that not only does Clooney seem basically shy in public (less so in individual interaction) but there is a determined sense of sadness about him... his smile doesn't really reach the depth of his eyes despite the twinkle. Perhaps it is only wistfulness? Did you notice anything of the kind in your interactions with him?

This is a very fascinating observation. I'm sitting here trying to reflect on my encounters with him; to see if I mentally made notes to that effect, but I can't say that he gave the impression of a sense of sadness. That could be because of my own filter though. By that I mean when I first met him I had no expectation or previous sense of how he might respond because he had never been on my radar. Well, other than being George Clooney. One would have to live on Mars to not know about him. Razz But I had never been attracted to him. Oh sure, he was handsome and talented, but I had rarely found extremely attractive men that interesting. I tend towards less conventionally handsome fellas.

But now that you've brought it to my attention, he does exude a kind of wistfulness. A sense of longing for...what? Normalcy? Some unobtainable contentment? I don't know. Maybe that is what struck me on an unconscious level. That thing he has that lets you know immediately that he's more than you bargained for. Because his eyes are deep, aren't they? And make no mistake for those who have not yet had the chance to meet him in person - they do twinkle. They almost dance...reminding you that the man behind them is in all probability unknowable - even to those lucky enough to be invited to the dance. Maybe that's what it is. He's so familiar, yet unknown.

In many ways he is carefully rehearsed - the familiar George. I suppose he has to be in order to protect himself. Shyness? He masks it well, except perhaps for that almost imperceptible *something* someone sensitive to him, such as yourself, would notice. I do know he doesn't like people to stand behind him.

Your observations have given me some interesting food for thought.

In reading about his horrible back injury and subsequent chronic pain, I can't help but imagine that it has worn on him. How could it not? But it's remarkable to me that, in spite of the fact that he might not feel well much of the time, he's still such an upbeat, kind and caring person. It would be so easy for most of us to withdraw and carry a chip the size of Texas on our shoulder. My goodness, when I have a migraine, forget about it. Throw some frozen peas on my head and RUN! Very Happy
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 08:27

for anyone new, I met him in 2006 at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, my second mom lives there and i perused the film festival and then 2011 I was an extra in Ides Of March. I'm on the DVD but you may need your magnifying glass Wink
IOM was a Wonderful opportunity though

Blessed in some ways but in others well...

How wonderful for you to have be on set with him! I love watching people I admire at work, doing their thing. What is he like as a director? Which scene in "Ides" are you in? I'll just rummage around and look for my magnifying glass...
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 09:22

sadDonkey wrote:
Astras, I want to hear every single detail.
Don't worry won't get bored.
After your "essay" questions will possibly follow.
Smile

Someone stop me!! It's three posts in a row for me. Razz

My first encounter was in our greenroom before a Q and A in mid November. As I had mentioned before, that George Clooney was there wasn't a big deal to me at the time. I liked him as someone with talent and who had been on our cinematic and cultural landscape for years, but I had never been attracted to him. He was TOO handsome for my usual taste in men. Too smooth. Now of course, I can't imagine why I WASN'T attracted to him. Because, ironically, it was his handsomeness that struck me immediately when I first saw him standing there. Or maybe it was his suit. He was wearing an absolutely gorgeous dark blue suit, with an open shirt. And I'm not a suit girl. I like jeans, boots and t-shirts (for which I was rewarded in subsequent meetings), but this suit was born to be worn by George Clooney. This suit existed solely to cling to this man. So, anyway, I know George is in our greenroom and I pop in, thinking he would be surrounded by publicists, studio reps, other cast members. But nope. He was all alone, eating a piece of cheese off the cheese platter and drinking a glass of merlot. Alone, standing there in that suit, scarfing cheese, his back to me. Of course there was the hair too. That famous salt and pepper closely cropped shock of hair.

I had read somewhere that he used to hang at the Smokehouse. I can't remember where I read it, or who might have told me, but I love the Smokehouse. So there we were. The opportunity seemed right. And so it was. I asked if he still goes to the Smokehouse. He turned around and his eyes brightened and he said he hadn't been there for over a year. That's when it really struck me that this is one seriously good looking man. Film doesn't do him justice. It's been said before, but it bears repeating. But I'm sure I'm preaching to the chorus 'round these parts. Very Happy But in spite of his startling good looks and that damn fine blue suit, he was remarkably easy to talk to. He told me how his production company was name after it, how he used to go over there after they were done filming etc..and we both agreed it's a truly great bar and one of our favorites. Best bar in Burbank. We like that it's old school. As I was talking to him, I kept thinking how warm he is. As a person. He radiates warmth - the kind you want to bask in longer than you know you should. He actually seemed to be engaged in the conversation, which I very much appreciated. He didn't really have to be, but he was. Anyway, I didn't want to over stay my warm welcome, so as I backed out into reality, I offered that I would have drink for him next time I went to the Smokehouse. He held up his glass of wine and said "Please do! Have two." I spent time helping escort him to and fro the rest of the evening, but the rest of the cast had joined him by then and he was happily chatting with them.

He delighted the audience during the Q and A, and after we managed to get him out of there fairly easily. His "guy" makes sure he knows where every nook and cranny is, every possible exit. George is well looked after, but in an unobtrusive way. G doesn't like to make a big deal out of his celebrity, inescapable as it is. At the end of the evening I remember thinking how much I like him, how nice he is, and holy hell...how handsome he is. That suit really did something for me. I had been converted to the "hot men" club, in spite of myself. I think my initial thoughts were "okay, I get it now. He really IS all that." I still hadn't been completely smitten though. Not yet. It would grow during encounter number two, but not hit full force until encounter number three.
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 13:44

Wow. Thank you Astras Give Flowers
Can't wait to read about your encounter number two Very Happy

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:18

Coolio
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 14:40

lol! I'm sorry for laughing but you make George sound like some kind of God. He's a man, that's all.

I'm very glad you met him and would love to meet him myself. Please continue, I'm waiting patiently for the rest. Thanks!
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 15:44

grazie Astras
you are great
in tellinf stories!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 20:04

Cinderella wrote: lol! I'm sorry for laughing but you make George sound like some kind of God. He's a man, that's all.

I'm very glad you met him and would love to meet him myself. Please continue, I'm waiting patiently for the rest. Thanks!

You mean, he's not a God???? Next thing you'll be telling me is that there's no Easter Bunny! Harumph! lol! lol!

I'm actually laughing at myself too. I'm obviously in the first blush of a new found infatuation, filled with blind worship and hopeless adoration. I'm sure that will go away and poor GC will end up in my sad heap of worn out celebrity crushes. Just kidding George. I'm yours for life!!! asskiss1

Last edited by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 20:13

this reminds me of a book I've read awhile ago

'Sunday's at Tiffany's' ?
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 20:31

it's me wrote:grazie Astras
you are great
in tellinf stories!

You are most welcome! I'm sure soon enough you'll be begging me to shut up. floggingadeadhorse Very Happy
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 20:36

surely NOT

instead: go ahead!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum