George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Bill Murray Reddit conversation EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Bill Murray Reddit conversation

4 posters

Go down

Bill Murray Reddit conversation Empty Bill Murray Reddit conversation

Post by silly girl Sun 19 Jan 2014, 15:21

This site has some highlights from the Reddit Q&A....will just post the ones that mention GC and Monuments Men (oh and I forgot they worked on Fantastic Mr Fox together too)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ranking Bill Murray's 10 Most Bill Murray-esque Answers From Bill Murray's Reddit AMA

4. On his relationship with Wes Anderson:
I really love the way Wes writes with his collaborators, I like the way he shoots, and I like HIM. I’ve become so fond of him. I love the way that he has made his art his life. And you know, it’s a lesson to all of us, to take what you love and make it the way you live your life, and that way you bring love into the world.

8. The Most Fascinating Fact He Discovered from Doing Monuments Men:
Well probably the most horrifying thing was that there was something called Nero Edict that was distributed by the Fuhrer, Hitler, which said that if the Reich should fall, or if Hitler was killed or taken, that all the art that was stolen should be destroyed. And a fair amount of the art was burned, things were burned that will never be returned, a lot was burned even before the Nero Edict because of the modern art, that was degenerate.
In the hunt for the art, they found hidden in the salt mines where the art was hidden, they found the ENTIRE gold supply of Germany.
ENTIRE. Like they had moved their gold, their Fort Knox, into a mine, and this small group of guys searching for art in a mine, found the gold supply of Germany. And this effectively ended the war because once we announced we had all their gold, no country would sell them any more rubber, no country would sell them any more oil, no country would sell them any more anything.
Is that surprising? I think it’s one of those odd, bizarre facts where you have this dinky group of guys looking for an art heist effectively ends the war in one fell swoop cutting the arteries of the economy.

10. On what it was like to work on The Fantastic Mr. Fox:
Well that was great fun. It was great fun, because it just dragged on and on and on. And it was this fun bunch of people. First we went to our friend’s farm, and we all stayed at her place for a handful of days while we recorded during the day and then at night we would have these magnificent meals and we would all tell stories. We had a LOT of great food, a lot of great wine and great stories. It went on until people started literally falling from their chairs and being taken away. And then we had to go to another place and do it again, we went to George’s place, but then something happen and the whole party broke up, and George said “you don’t have to go, do ya” and I didn’t, so we just kicked around Northern Italy for a while. It was a real fiesta. And then Wes was working in England, so I had to fly to England for like 3 days to re-record, but the re-recording only took about 70 minutes, so that was fun. And then I had to go to Paris, once again, another disaster having to go to Paris to re-record for 20 minutes. It was a terrible, terrible experience. That was a really good job and he did a great job on the film. And Wes’ brother Eric did a great job as the character, he was just amazing. To me he was the high point of the whole thing. And the artisans working in England that built all those sets and did all that work, the mechanicals, to see them work - that was like a treasure. That was like getting to go backstage to see the finest artists at work.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Bill Murray Reddit conversation Empty Re: Bill Murray Reddit conversation

Post by Mazy Sun 19 Jan 2014, 17:22

Thanks SillyGirl that was an interesting read, appreciate it.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 19:14

Thanks SG, nice. The answer for nr 10 is funny
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down