George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan

+20
silly girl
Katiedot
melbert
Atalante
isogotit
Carla97
ktsue2002
Joanna
Butterfly
GiGi
Nicky80
amaretti
annemarie
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
Miss Sunshine
it's me
Boshkash
Maggy
theminis
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 Empty Re: Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan

Post by Nicky80 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 19:33

Found on les frenchies

Video in the link, he will always remember the German winter LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 Empty Re: Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan

Post by Joanna Fri 24 Jan 2014, 20:56

Did he mean that his nephew Nicky is in
the film too as well as his father Nick ?

I get confused very easily these days. Lol
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 21:24

I know what you mean, I thought the same the first time I saw it.  Very Happy 

That's how I understood it (after listening to it few times):

The reporter asked what is the "meaning" about the scene with his dead and the little boy. And George said. That his dad plays him (the older version) and "we just gave him a grandson cause it seemed like the idea of being able to pay forward the idea of saving the art was for having the grandson able to see it..."

I had to listen to it three times at least until I understood " we just gave him a grandson" LOL.

So I would say that his Nephew is not in the movie and the kid is just a child actor filling the role as a grandson....

That's how I understood it. Can be wrong of course  Give Flowers 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 24 Jan 2014, 21:26

That's how I heard it too...I wonder how young the child is?

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 24 Jan 2014, 21:36

Don't think it's going to be someone who's his nephew's age..........probably someone like Thomas Robinson (Tomorrowland) when he was in 'The Switch'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 Empty Another George Clooney interview from MM Press Junket

Post by silly girl Sat 25 Jan 2014, 01:17

Prankster George Clooney doesn’t spare his dad

LOS ANGELES—George Clooney pulls pranks even on his dad, Nick Clooney. In our recent chat, the famous prankster told us how he pulled one on his 80-year-old father, who has a cameo as an older version of his war hero character in “The Monuments Men.”
“My father is the last I shot in the movie,” George began, his eyes lighting up—he obviously relishes playing tricks. “I showed a rough cut of it to him when we were in Italy. In the shot, he walks off up the stairs and into the light of the church. Then, it goes to black. The first thing that comes up is a card that says, ‘In loving memory of Nick Clooney.’ He’s like, ‘What’s wrong with you?’ I go, ‘You know, it’s a long time till the movie comes out. It’s much cheaper to take this out than it is to put it in.’ He thought that was pretty funny.”
George also played a prank on Matt Damon, who stars in “The Monuments Men.” It’s the same trick that George, who cowrote and directed the film shot mostly in Berlin, earlier pulled on Matt when the latter was a guest in his Italian villa.
The multihyphenate recounted, “When Matt got to Berlin, he goes, ‘I got a trainer and a chef. I’m going to lose some weight while I’m here.’ So, every three or four days, I had the wardrobe girl take his pants in, tighten the pants by a quarter or an inch. In about a month, his pants were way too tight for him. And every day, he was eating only lettuce.” With a mischievous grin, George quipped, “And that was good fun to watch him suffer.”
When we told George that John Goodman said in our interview that shooting “The Monuments Men” was one of his most enjoyable experiences, he replied, “You know me pretty well now. I enjoy what I do, and I have fun with what I’m doing. I was very prepared so that we were able to enjoy ourselves. We worked fairly short hours.”
“I’ve known John a long time,” he said of the actor who joins Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett and Jean Dujardin in the cast of the film about a World War II platoon hunting down and recovering artwork stolen by the Nazis. “We did ‘Roseanne’ together years ago. He and Bill are dear friends. They would come to the set when they had days off and just hang out or help out sometimes. If it was raining, we were grabbing camera boxes. If you looked over, Bill Murray was picking up camera boxes and carrying them down. It felt like a family, and everybody was happy. I think that was reflected in the film.”
Elusive bachelor

DAMON AND CLOONEY. Reunite in “The Monuments Men.” AP

Hollywood’s elusive bachelor, so far relationship-free since he and Stacy Keibler parted ways in July last year, was asked how his appreciation of women evolved now that he is in his early 50s. “Boy, that question could get me in so much trouble,” he replied with a chuckle. “A 15-year-old boy looks at women a little differently than a 20-year-old boy. You know, I have a great appreciation for women. They’re a huge part of my life.
“I really couldn’t say that I appreciate something more in women. I appreciate people more. I understand them better. As I get older, I understand my parents infinitely better. The decisions they made at the time that I thought were terrible, I would make those same decisions now. When you get older, you’re wiser about everything. You figure some stuff out. But, I couldn’t categorize it as about women.”
What is he looking for in a relationship? “What I would say is, all of us in life are looking for happiness, peace and joy,” came Mr. Congeniality’s reply. “I certainly have been in search of that in my life over the years—and I will always continue that search in some way, in one way or another.”
An interview with George is always a mixture of humor and serious stuff. Asked about the identity of the woman with a blonde braid that was printed on his T-shirt (which he wore under a leather jacket), George explained, “Oh, this is about Yulia Tymoshenko. She was the prime minister of Ukraine. She is a political prisoner. The EU, when they were going to make a deal with Ukraine, one of the stipulations was that they set her free. She’s in jail because she opposed the prime minister, who is having his own troubles there. I don’t think enough people talk about things like that. She’s certainly guilty of no crime. I like to wear shirts that help bring attention to things that don’t get attention.”
George is looking forward to mid-February, when he finishes shooting Brad Bird’s much-anticipated “Tomorrowland,” which also features Judy Greer, Hugh Laurie, Tim McGraw and Kathryn Hahn. He started filming his scenes in the mystery/sci-fi in Vancouver, Canada in September. The day after our talk, George flew to Valencia, Spain, to resume shooting “Tomorrowland.”
Science fiction

“I’m not allowed to talk about ‘Tomorrowland,’” George said, but he added, “I can tell you it’s a very big movie. Brad is a wonderful guy and director. So, I have every faith that it will be good.” He confirmed that the film is connected to Disneyland’s Tomorrowland “but in a weird way, which is odd. It’s science fiction set a little bit ahead of now. It has a beautiful script.”
On the theme raised by “The Monuments Men” about risking human lives to rescue art masterpieces, George commented, “I don’t think I would run into a burning building to pull out any object. A family member or maybe your dog but not an object. So, in a weird way, that was the difficulty of telling this film—you have to try to explain to people that it’s not the piece of art; it’s the culture.
“I have a US flag of my Uncle George,” George continued. “It was over his coffin. They folded it and gave it to me. I was very close to him. I have this flag at home. But, if the house were burning, I wouldn’t run in to get that flag.
“But, if I were on the street and there was a bunch of neo-Nazis standing on top of an American flag and setting it on fire, I might very well risk my life to make them stop doing that—because of what it represents. Grant (Heslov, his cowriter) and I kept focusing on the idea that this is the timeline of our culture, and that’s what’s important about saving it and not letting it go away. That was what we thought was the important part of the story. Because when you’re going to write a movie about saving art, you can see every studio going, ‘Oh my God, a movie about art! Kill me!’ So, we had to make it more about the culture.”
But, if he can only save one object in a dangerous situation, what would that be? “That’s a tough call,” he answered. “What’s art? It’s something personal to you. I have a binder with a collection of handwritten letters from Paul Newman, Walter Cronkite, Gregory Peck and people that I’ve become pen pals with. I would try to save that over anything I own, because they mean so much to me. I had such great relations and fun times with them!”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 01:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed title---he talks about more than MM)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 25 Jan 2014, 06:14

interesting
thanks!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 12:49

Thanks SG
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:53

Thanks SG for this article, great.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 25 Jan 2014, 23:40

Gregory Peck, really, ... !  Won\'t share 
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 26 Jan 2014, 11:49

Yep I would save those letters too, how many times do you receive a letter from Newman or Peck?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:05

well... today is hard
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:07

Just found this pic on twitter don't think we have it yet here

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Jan 2014, 19:01

Think this was done the same day......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Jan 2014, 19:05

Oops, forgot to give credit to FrenchiesfansCanalBlog.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 19:24

Thanks PAN, great find.

I copy the pics and google translation below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Newspaper journalist and George Clooney

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you see a motorbike in an Alpine tour on the roadside , on the screwed around a George Clooney double , then do not be fooled . It is not a double. In the do-it -yourself mechanic , it could act to the real Clooney actually . Clooney has a house in Como ( I) near the Swiss border . And loves to drive around in the mountains. He certainly knows how to help if he even has a breakdown, as he declared to our newspaper.

VIEW : You are technically very gifted. How do you have the talent from ? From your father?
George Clooney : God forbid! If I give him a hammer, he is completely overwhelmed . My mother is the artisan in the house from her I learned everything. She has covered even the roof of our house . For her birthday she wanted a table saw .

When have you been fixing things ?
A month ago, a friend's car broke , since I have replaced the belt . The clutch cable for my bike I have replaced countless times.

In your new movie , " The Monuments Men " you play an art expert . Do you have so much idea of art as of mechanics?
I 'm not a big art historian. Although I have many pictures at home , but not all of my friends like it. For me, each picture is something special. One thing I 've bought on my first visit to Paris , the other in the first stroll through Madrid. Each has a story to tell .

Then you have images from around the world at your house ?
To some extent . But I have also set up many photos of my family and friends . That makes my house cozier and warmer. Owning a $ 50,000 expensive painting is not much use to me .

In the film, you risk your life to find the stolen art during World War II by the Nazis. Are there any subjects for which you would do the same?
I do not think you should put your life on the line for objects. If family members or perhaps the dog trapped in a burning house , then yes. If I had to choose which personal items I would save , then that would be my collection of handwritten letters from Paul Newman and Gregory Peck.

In Munich, more than 600 paintings have surfaced recently. Is it right this art to pass their rightful owners ?
That would definitely be fair. If the actual owner can be identified , you should return each Fund. Or exhibit the paintings with the consent of the owner in museums, what might be even better. These images have a historical significance and therefore everyone should view .

They are considered very loyal friend . With director Grant Heslov that you have already shot the third film with .
We have a double desk at which we work together .

Always in harmony?
We really never fight . Anyway , my friends and I feel far too old to argue .

With so many movies is there time for a private life ?
In the last year and a half I was up to two weeks at home . I spent nine months in Germany , for example , to turn "The Monuments Men " . In Mid-February, I will allow myself a break and am already looking forward to the reunion with my parents and old friends .

You carry an interesting T- shirt. That certainly has a personal background ...
On the shirt you can see Yulia Tymoshenko, the former Prime Minister of Ukraine. It is a political prisoner , but has committed no real crime . I do not think enough people deal with it. That's why I like to wear T -shirts that draw attention to important events.

As you get older , you see things from other perspectives . What do you see today different , unlike 20 years ago ?
I can now understand many of the decisions my parents made , for I have hated before. The most I would do today is probably the same. Getting older means to learn to understand complicated things .

How has your relationship changed to women in all these years?
Oh dear , this could get me in pretty big trouble. Everything I say can be used against me ( laughs).

Put another way : What do you look now in a relationship?
In my life, women play a big role and I appreciate them very much. Everyone is looking for happiness and peace and I will never give up this search .

Do you doubt sometimes in yourself ?
Very often! I never think that I have done everything right.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 19:39; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected google translation to my best knowledge)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 26 Jan 2014, 20:50

I love this interview.  lip smack 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 26 Jan 2014, 21:28

Thanks Nicky and PAN love this article and picture it's great. Thanks
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 26 Jan 2014, 21:43

Thanks Ladies, great article
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Jan 2014, 22:58

In Mid-February, I will allow myself a break

good  !!! Thumbs up! 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 27 Jan 2014, 00:30

Nice recent photos & interesting article.

He looks like he has relaxed, calm demeanour lately, even though he's working long hours, more than likely.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 27 Jan 2014, 06:06

nice
hope it will last Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 27 Jan 2014, 07:34

Thanks Nicky and PAN. I love the pics and the article  Smile 

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Photos/Videos: Press Junket for George Clooneys' Monuments Men in LA, 16 Jan - Page 3 Empty Video from Press Conference About Monuments Men

Post by silly girl Mon 03 Feb 2014, 20:22

Here is a link from the Press Conference of a few weeks ago:

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 21:13

Thanks SG, great find. I looooooove the video. I like the way they cut it. It sounds like George is talking none stop   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 03 Feb 2014, 21:15

In the video he mentioned again what he said very often before that he had to mortgage his house to get the film done "good night and good luck". This always surprises me. Doesn't has enough money to produce the film with his own money without mortgaging his house? Or was the film that expensive? Don't remember...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 03 Feb 2014, 21:56

don't know, but I suspect that if the studios didn't think it was a good enough subject to make money and back it financially, and that his name in it wasn't enough to 'greenlight' it, then that would be one way to get independent money for a project that he believed in. Very George............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 01:59

Nicky80 wrote:In the video he mentioned again what he said very often before that he had to mortgage his house to get the film done "good night and good luck". This always surprises me. Doesn't has enough money to produce the film with his own money without mortgaging his house? Or was the film that expensive? Don't remember...

If I'm right the movie cost $75 million, it was budgeted at $80 million. George brought in at $5 million under budget. I can understand George having to mortgage his house. He has 3 homes to maintain, who knows how many employees and his causes have to add up to quite a bit. Not to mention what it costs to be a celebrity. I'm sure that is the first thing that gets paid off. Also George doesn't demand outrageous salaries like many do. God Bless him. XXX
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 04 Feb 2014, 02:06

The budget for GN&GL was $7,500,000, not $75 million.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 02:48

melbert wrote:The budget for GN&GL was $7,500,000, not $75 million.

Sorry: I was referring to MM which was mentioned first in Nicky's post. I know what GN&GL cost to make.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 12 Feb 2014, 21:44

Just found this video

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Feb 2014, 22:41

Merged to other threads we had about press Junket in LA in this one
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3