Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chance to win a trip to meet George Clooney--only $10

Post by Pari on Sat Jan 25 2014, 10:36

melbert wrote:Pari, you've been to IMDb.  THAT is a nut job.  Sorry if it offends you.

Yes, it offends+hurts Mel... Perhaps also because I know a sweet little cub, who is helpless and called the same, by some...

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat Jan 25 2014, 14:28

I am getting excited to find out who wins! I hope it is someone who will appreciate the rarity of this. I also hope it is someone who is a fan of his work instead of someone just attracted to his physique!

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Sat Jan 25 2014, 14:33

fan of his work instead of someone just attracted to his physique!

Yeah, I hope so too!!!  Smile 

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Jan 25 2014, 14:44

well
I am attracted by his physique  Neutral Embarassed 

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:08

lol!  I AM TOO!!!  Laughing  That is the first thing that attracted to all of us... then we learned about everything he does and is involved and we loved him even more Very Happy
I hope it wins someone that likes the both sides of him. In that case she or he will enjoy it even more.

Last edited by hathaross on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:38; edited 1 time in total

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:37

It would be wonderful if a "regular person" won (whatever that is!) who also wasn't TOO silly about hanging out w/the luminaries (good luck with that-- that is a tall order!) and appreciated the whole thing was not about them nor even Clooney, but about bringing money and attention to doing a bit of good in the world. Somebody who has fun with it, enjoys it and points out the generosity of the hosts and the reason for the event! A successful event like this would mean more stars might participate in the future (and raise lots more dollars for good causes!) Yeah, people--Make that whole stressful, nasty fame parade work for the greater good!

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:39

amuserato wrote:It would be wonderful if a "regular person" won (whatever that is!) who also wasn't TOO silly about hanging out w/the luminaries (good luck with that-- that is a tall order!) and appreciated the whole thing was not about them nor even Clooney, but about bringing money and attention to doing a bit of good in the world.  Somebody who has fun with it, enjoys it and points out the generosity of the hosts and the reason for the event!  A successful event like this would mean more stars might participate in the future (and raise lots more dollars for good causes!)  Yeah, people--Make that whole stressful, nasty fame parade work for the greater good!

Absolutely.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Sat Jan 25 2014, 15:56

Margaret wrote:Yes, he did. It went for $372,000.00. I agree that it will be someone from the States as it will be easier to organise and cost effective.

I disagree.  Sad  Not just you Margaret, but also other people on this thread have said the same thing, but it would be unfair to people from other continents (like me) who also paid for the satellite. Let's hope they will be fair!

Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:01

sí ! certo !
yes of course!!!!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:20

I agree the person needs to appreciate the purpose of the funds, his work and the man himself. I would just hate for it to go to someone who doesn't appreciate the work he does IN ADDITION to his physique.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:22

I don't know. I think it may go to someone internationally. The guy that won the Hans Zimmerman experience is from Australia.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Sat Jan 25 2014, 16:34

ktsue2002 wrote:I agree the person needs to appreciate the purpose of the funds, his work and the man himself. I would just hate for it to go to someone who doesn't appreciate the work he does IN ADDITION to his physique.

Absolutely ktsue. It would also sadden me to see as a winner someone superficial....  facepalm   Sad

Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noname on Sat Jan 25 2014, 20:53

Butterfly wrote:
Margaret wrote:Yes, he did. It went for $372,000.00. I agree that it will be someone from the States as it will be easier to organise and cost effective.

I disagree.  Sad  Not just you Margaret, but also other people on this thread have said the same thing, but it would be unfair to people from other continents (like me) who also paid for the satellite. Let's hope they will be fair!

I disagree too. It's would be not only unfair to the people who enter the contest, but  something fraudulent as well.

noname
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Sat Jan 25 2014, 21:19

If it says International, then that is what it has to be. These are professional funds raisers and they are not going to risk their name and licence to do anything illegal. That is the main reason people use professionals.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat Jan 25 2014, 21:42

If they do it by computer, like in the Lottery, it will be totally random, so every person has the same chance. Sure, if you've bought many chances, you may have a bit of an edge, but it's still going to be a 1 in a however many are purchased chance.

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret on Sat Jan 25 2014, 22:44

I am from Australia and a normal person and would love to win but it's unlikely to happen, as for the kiss that he auctioned off it was something that I read in an article when he was in Monte Carlo. I wasn't saying that I normal person wouldn't or couldn't win but the more times you enter that better chances you have.

Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sat Jan 25 2014, 23:03

Have we got this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

from a couple of days ago I think.........

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic on Sun Jan 26 2014, 13:31

noname wrote:
Butterfly wrote:

I disagree too. It's would be not only unfair to the people who enter the contest, but  something fraudulent as well.

I don't know why folks think that an international guest would not be accommodated? If the contest ends the 30th, and they choose someone that day or the next, that still gives them four days to get to New York. Criminy, that's plenty of time to get there. I think the contest organizers would have made restrictions to only residents of the United States if they didn't want to pay extra for the tickets.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:47

criminy ? funny Very Happy

anyway I agree
there will be 3 days to set things

if oversea there are some hours travel ( plus jetlag... ?)

right?

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Sun Jan 26 2014, 19:35

How many of us have bought a ticket for a chance? I have!

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jan 26 2014, 19:50

me Very Happy

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:03

Ah hell I'd shag him even if he wasn't doing humanitarian work! brahahaha

But no, I have not bought any chances. My freakin busiest time of year at work happens to fall on that same week. There is NO WAY my boss would let me off to go to NYC. Too much at stake right now.

But hopefully it will be someone on social media who will let us live vicariously through them!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:11

no
I hope no social media
but instead his Team reports

way better I guess

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:22

Yep Id shag him too just because he looks so fine and that voice ooh la la (ps in my fantasy Im not married with 3 kids so don't mention that!)

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by ... on Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:28

More importantly, it's a donation to the Not On Our Watch supported Satellite Sentinel Project.
That's how I consider it.

It's supporting a good cause, more than entering a competition.  The prize will be an added bonus for one entrant.
But all will be pleased to have contributed to humanitarian aid.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jan 26 2014, 23:30

better a pro report
the best way to keep all informed

and also bec he wants to control
of course

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Mon Jan 27 2014, 00:31

Oh come on. You could donate to his cause thru Not on Our Watch. But now it's just because it's a good cause.

I'd believe it better if you donated thru NOOW instead.

Anybody putting $10 bucks or more at Omaze is doing it to meet George.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:19

I'll admit it; I entered to win the chance to meet Mr. Clooney again. I also bought Casamigos to support my favorite actor and the cause he supports.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:23

Very true, Lorna, and I have done that as well as Omaze, so nothing to stop folks doing both, and a fantastic opportunity for His Nibs to highlight the cause again, so sort of worth its weight in donations.

A win-win situation for all, with other folks helping out with styling, fashion, flights etc, all of which I'm sure would have been donated

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by noname on Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:24

mosaic wrote:
noname wrote:
Butterfly wrote:

I don't know why folks think that an international guest would not be accommodated?  If the contest ends the 30th, and they choose someone that day or the next, that still gives them four days to get to New York.  Criminy, that's plenty of time to get there.  I think the contest organizers would have made restrictions to only residents of the United States if they didn't want to pay extra for the tickets.  

I actually didn't think they would not accommodate int'l guests  when they are advertising it and  it's a legit organization getting involved -- I was just making a point. I don't know why some people here think that could even happen either.

Greetings to all Aussies.

noname
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:33

LornaDoone wrote:Oh come on.  You could donate to his cause thru Not on Our Watch.

No, anybody putting $10 bucks down is answering Georges call, and in return you get to fantasise to you hearts content... with the slimmest of chances of turning those fantasies into any kind of reality. It's worth the ride anyway...and we do it gladly and would again and again, if he should call.

Our Hero, makes all of us Hero's too. Because we give our hard earned $10 to help a people we have never met, in a far off land we cannot even imagine, but we give and we help.

At the end of the day there is so much in the mix, but it is a win win all round....

So to all my fellow Hero's who on the 30th will look blankly at a computer screen, only to find NO EMAIL! Slap yourselves on the back, look into the sky, and say "some nut or bolt on that fricken SAT belongs to me and Clooney"...AND be proud of yourselves cheers cheers cheers 

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:37

I just wish they had chosen an earlier date to notify the winners. Three or four days would probably be enough time under ordinary circumstances, but the weather in NY has been horrible for weeks. What happens if there's another snowstorm (which is very possible) and they can't get the winner to the city? The last storm shut down airports all over the country and cancelled thousands of flights. I wish them luck because I think they're leaving a lot up to chance.

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Mon Jan 27 2014, 02:22

LornaDoone wrote:Oh come on.  You could donate to his cause thru Not on Our Watch.  But now it's just because it's a good cause.

I'd believe it better if you donated thru NOOW instead.

Damn straight, LornaDoone. But happier to do so when most of the money ain't goin' in some promoters pocket.

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato on Mon Jan 27 2014, 02:30

LizzyNY wrote:I just wish they had chosen an earlier date to notify the winners. Three or four days would probably be enough time under ordinary circumstances, but the weather in NY has been horrible for weeks. What happens if there's another snowstorm (which is very possible) and they can't get the winner to the city? The last storm shut down airports all over the country and cancelled thousands of flights. I wish them luck because I think they're leaving a lot up to chance.

Ach, Lizzy, maybe you are looking at this from the wrong perspective.  That 10 day forecast is showing snow/mucky mix for Sunday 2/2 (Superbowl Sunday, by the by-- right next door in NJ-- so already mega travel issues abound) and we all know that could slide this way on the calendar. Not likely to be the kind to shut the city down, but could be the kind to trap you there once you are in!   Am I the only one who envisions that whoops-honey-so-sorry-I-got-snowed-in-with-George-Clooney scenario? Shocked Wink 
Speculating welcome in the thread helpfully tidied in Party in the Kitchen...

amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Mon Jan 27 2014, 02:32

Hang on is there something more important than the opportunity to shag George, jee whiz ladies let me dream - on a serious note I have donated so I can feel like Im answering Georges call to quote WWHS but the opportunity to do that and meet George, its a no brainer!

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable on Mon Jan 27 2014, 03:21

Well, I actually do give to the SSP. But yep, I put in once or twice for the chance to meet him... why NOT??? hehehehehehe shaggin.... Wheee! 

NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Mon Jan 27 2014, 03:41

I think we all answered this call a few times. When the time comes and you win check NY weather than. You can always tell them to give it to the next person in line. Me I'll break out some skis if I have need just to get there. xxx

Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic on Mon Jan 27 2014, 03:54

LizzyNY wrote:I just wish they had chosen an earlier date to notify the winners. Three or four days would probably be enough time under ordinary circumstances, but the weather in NY has been horrible for weeks.

What happens if there's another snowstorm (which is very possible) and they can't get the winner to the city?

Sleigh ride??   santa 

by it's me Today at 1:47 pm
+
criminy ? funny

Criminy = mid-western term =  "geesh"

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Mon Jan 27 2014, 03:56

As a kidney patient myself, I am keenly aware of my own mortality. Life is too short. I would risk it!

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ... on Mon Jan 27 2014, 04:21

I just looked at the Not On Our Watch site. Yes, you can donate there directly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But this competition is fun & rewarding for all.
It'll be a unique experience for one entrant too.

Contributing to the satellite gives a sense of gratification that it's a good deed.

Last edited by Ocean on Tue Jan 28 2014, 00:43; edited 3 times in total

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Mon Jan 27 2014, 04:56

I'm still trying to figure out where in the terms and conditions it says you get to shag George as part of the prize  scratch 

Cos if that's included, then I'm rethinking my whole "New York in February? Never" philosophy.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Mon Jan 27 2014, 05:11

I must admit you guys are a lot more optimistic than I am. I guess it comes from freezing my butt off here for weeks and climbing over mounds of ice at every corner. They're now predicting snow and rain for Monday, with temperatures dropping to 18 degrees on Tuesday. I guess we'll be skating on the streets again! Ugh!

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 on Mon Jan 27 2014, 05:17

Katiedot wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where in the terms and conditions it says you get to shag George as part of the prize  scratch 

Cos if that's included, then I'm rethinking my whole "New York in February? Never" philosophy.

I'll settle for a firm handshake and a photo of the two of us.

ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Mon Jan 27 2014, 05:33

HA HA Katiedot - its in the fine print, very fine

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Mon Jan 27 2014, 11:54

@Katie...ahahahahahahaha!  As I read your response, I had an image in my head of George running for his life down the street, with his clothes half torn off...running away from the over zealous contestant!  gotpics   Laughing out loud

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Mon Jan 27 2014, 13:12

I had totally forgotten about classical probability calculation. This change to win activated me to, you know, calculate what the chances are... and best outcome was that I finally after about 45 minutes found the instructions to my calculation, right buttons and so on...

Then I had couple of figures, if I buy one ticket or if I buy 1000. Quite a spread but ok. Then I started to worry about the vetting, what might be the questions and correct answers. Again more calculation what would be the chances I give "right" answers.

I guess I made it too difficult... Rolling Eyes 

(If you want to do your own calculation, in texas instruments calculator, you put the figure then press PRB and then choose nCr and add other figure - Voila! Probability you have!)

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Tue Jan 28 2014, 00:31

Katiedot wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where in the terms and conditions it says you get to shag George as part of the prize  scratch 

It's in our minds, because you can be 100% sure there would always be someone accompanying them. George is very smart and will leave no possibility that anyone can say anything inappropriate happened. That would end all future contests for sure. xxx

Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Tue Jan 28 2014, 03:27

brahahahahahahahahahahahaha

katie it's in the very fine print only found in the MINDS of the entrants. Oh hell just read the other answers guess you already heard but that was very funny.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Tue Jan 28 2014, 23:15

Hey George!!! Can I go on a date with you?

I think I might be the cheapest date ever, $10. I’m literally the cheapest date anyone has ever been on. Check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It’s gonna be fun though, we are gonna get out of the car together, walk the Monuments Men red carpet, the paparazzi will take a bunch of pictures, we’ll go backstage at Letterman. You’ll get to see the other side of it all, which is unusual and fun.

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue Jan 28 2014, 23:39

are those right his words??

"It’s gonna be fun though, we are gonna get out of the car together, walk the Monuments Men red carpet, the paparazzi will take a bunch of pictures, we’ll go backstage at Letterman. You’ll get to see the other side of it all, which is unusual and fun.   "

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum