Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Duck Dynasty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duck Dynasty

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Dec 27 2013, 16:00

Okay somebody help me here.

Why is this show even on the air?

Who is watching it and why?

I did find this commentary had an interesting take on it.   And he makes some interesting comments about free speech.

http://beaconnews.ca/edmonton/2013/12/duck-dynasty-patriarch-phil-robertson-deserves/

But what I can't fathom is why so many people watch the show in the first place?  I think I've seen snippets of the show here and there but never sat down to watch it and like WWE and most reality shows, really don't make time for them.  I think most of them are either weird or silly.

The only reality TV I like is something like a cooking show where I learn something or those HGTV shows where I can learn to hammer a nail correctly.

Oh I just read somewhere else that this Phil guy has a Masters in education and his son has an MBA. How is it that they have that kind of education and yet can make such outrageous comments? I guess an education doesn't guarantee wisdom.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Re: Duck Dynasty

Post by Lighterside on Fri Dec 27 2013, 16:17

They have a huge hunters following (or they did at first) and also a very right wing conservative following.  He made the bulk of his money in marketing duck calls, I believe, so many hunters tuned in from that source but I'm sure most of the sane ones, tuned out again right after viewing the first time and he's preaching to the choir as far as most of the rest of his audience is concerned.  

There's no daylight between his world view and conservative pols like Rick Santorum or Ted Cruz.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Dec 27 2013, 16:27

Ah so then one could speculate that the same folks who probably hang on every word Rush Limbaugh spews are probably his audience too.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Dec 27 2013, 16:35

I just found many of the comments in this Deadline story about Duck Dynasty not only amusing

the one about the original poster having a script to sell was priceless,

but some I found scarily accurate.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/duck-dynasty-debacle-has-tv-industry-abuzz-execs-cite-aes-rookie-mistake/

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:28

LornaDoone wrote:Ah so then one could speculate that the same folks who probably hang on every word Rush Limbaugh spews are probably his audience too.

Exactly!

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Dec 28 2013, 03:24

LornaDoone wrote:Oh I just read somewhere else that this Phil guy has a Masters in education and his son has an MBA.  How is it that they have that kind of education and yet can make such outrageous comments?  I guess an education doesn't guarantee wisdom.
Education certainly doesn't guarantee wisdom. The world would be a very different place if it did!

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum