George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George quotes about women and dating EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George quotes about women and dating EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George quotes about women and dating EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George quotes about women and dating EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George quotes about women and dating EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George quotes about women and dating EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George quotes about women and dating EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George quotes about women and dating EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George quotes about women and dating EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George quotes about women and dating

+2
ManhattanMaven
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

George quotes about women and dating Empty George quotes about women and dating

Post by Katiedot Wed 08 Dec 2010, 13:02

I thought I'd put together a bunch of quotes from him over the years about dating and his attitude to the whole birds and bees thing.

About how he met Celine Balitran in 1998:
Q: Is it true that you went after your real-life current lady-love kind of like your character goes after the Jennifer Lopez character in Out of Sight?

A: George [laughing]: Yeah, I basically stalked her. No, I met her at a country home at this party, talked with her, and followed her to this bar she was working at. But I'm kind of proud of myself for doing that. As a kid in high school -- and even in college -- I was the kind of kid who'd be sitting at a bar and staring at some girl and she'd be staring back at me and I'd never go over and talk to her -- and then I'd go home and beat my head against the wall and think, "Why didn't I talk to her?!" So, in my old age, I've finally gotten a little more brave.

About picking up women
There's no challenge if you walk into a room and everyone recognises you. It takes the suspense out of being the seducer. It's something I've gotten used to, but there is a warping effect on how you interact with other people.

About having children:
It doesn't seem like a smart thing for me to do, and I'm pretty adamant about that, I don't have anything in me that says rush out and have kids. It's the ultimate responsibility.

And again about having children (think he gets asked this a lot??):
I'm too wrapped up in my work to think about children, I would need to show myself that I'm able to sustain a good long-term relationship before I could even imagine what being a father would be like.

About his marriage break up:
We'd get into a fight and I'd just mentally leave. I'd think,'In a relationship, we should never have his kind of fight.' Then, instead of figuring out how to make it work, I looked for a way to get out of it. The truth is, you shouldn't be married if your that kind of person.

About his relationship breakup with Celine from an interview in 2002
Actor George Clooney is keenly aware of the pitfalls of fame - but is willing to make the sacrifice for his career. George has been propelled from TV to A-List Hollywood status in recent years, because he's been prepared to sacrifice his personal life for fame, despite the drawbacks.

He says, "Fame isn't what it's cracked up to be. It certainly makes you lead a smaller life. I don't leave the hotel room the majority of places I go. The world becomes more claustrophobic. But I really do believe that there's a period of time when you can actually make your mark. And there's no better time for me than right now. This is my one shot. And I understand how unkind and unfair that is - not to be available."

And George, who has enjoyed many short-lived romances, has many regrets, such as not being able to maintain a "normal" relationship - such as his one with French waitress Celine Belitran.

He says, "Celine and I were together for three years. She was a really nice girl - she wanted nothing more than was normal. Just to go out a few times and have dinner. And I couldn't do it. What I really needed was to go home and have six hours of rest, six hours where I didn't have to entertain. Right now, I'm working 16 hours a day. I'm just not available for dating."

About love scenes in general:
Love scenes are always weird. I know everyone says that, but they are. Like: "hey guys, hop in the sack now, would you?

A really old quote (late 90s) about George's approach to dating:
I'm the old-fashioned type who prefers to meet a woman in a more normal setting. I don't like to feel that I'm being hunted down. I've always liked to do my own hunting when it comes to meeting women.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 14:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a quote)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George quotes about women and dating Empty Re: George quotes about women and dating

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Dec 2010, 11:46

Added this from his 2000 interview with Playboy:

PLAYBOY: Are we leaping to a conclusion to assume that you’ve got it made when it comes to women? What’s it like to be single and George Clooney?

CLOONEY: I had a much easier time before this.

PLAYBOY: Before you were a star?

CLOONEY: Before. Here’s an example of how it works. I had never been to the Playboy Mansion and really wanted to go. When I finally did, it was for one of the Mansion’s pajama parties, where I was hanging out with DiCaprio and Jim Carrey. We were all sort of protecting one another; you don’t want to seem like you’re desperate. I grew up with the magazine, so naturally I wanted to see the Grotto. When I got there, I was cornered by about 15 people, most of them pretty girls. But it’s not like you might imagine. Instead, they all wanted to have their picture taken with me. When that happens, it’s like you’re a cardboard cutout for people to stand next to. It’s not like talking to a girl and getting to know her. At the height of it, when there were people pulling at me from every direction and it was at its most embarrassing, some guy comes over and says, “Look at this shit, man! You got it made! Chicks are all over you." ” Meanwhile, I was thinking how much easier it was before this.

PLAYBOY: Was it really easier?

CLOONEY: Then it was just about being a guy talking to a girl and all the other stuff that’s so interesting about dating—that dance you do. You see somebody at a party and lock eyes and eventually get closer and closer to each other. Somehow you find a way to talk and maybe—all that stuff. That’s a turn-on. That has been taken away from me.

PLAYBOY: Like the guy at the Grotto, many men we know probably won’t feel too sorry for you.

CLOONEY: I know, and I’m not complaining, but it’s not what it appears to be. Yes, I can get their attention, but I could get their attention even if I were Raymond Burr. They recognize anyone who is famous. If you were to ask what I miss about the anonymity that I used to have, it’s that experience, that slow and natural getting to know someone—that kind of electricity.

PLAYBOY: But we imagine that few women ever reject George Clooney.

CLOONEY: It’s not the way people think. I’m different from a lot of guys. I don’t go up to girls I don’t know in a bar and ask them to dance. I never have. Never. I’ve never gone up to somebody I don’t know and asked them out. I just won’t do it and never did, because I never wanted to take my ego, as fragile as any guy’s, and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it. To me it has always seemed like a stupid thing to do. So in terms of, like, “Hey, you want to go out?” I don’t do it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George quotes about women and dating Empty Re: George quotes about women and dating

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Dec 2010, 12:08

NY DAILY NEWS 04/01:

Women Out of Sight, Out of Mind for Clooney

George Clooney says he isn't looking for love right now.
The hunky former star of "ER" tells TV Guide that he loves women butcan't have a serious relationship because he's working so hard.

"I'm a workaholic," Clooney says. "I'm no good at vacationing, and Ithink that can be a source of frustration to a girl. I think they hate that. They say, 'I thought you weren't going to take a job.'"
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Mon 13 Dec 2010, 19:29

These are just fascinating! I've always said the reason he ends up with the women he does is that he's SO surrounded by people & security most of the time that he ends up kind of like Bill Clinton...grabbing whatever is in his orbit because he can't get OUT of his orbit...LOL! That's why Clooney ends up with so many waitresses...they're the only ones who get to MEET him! Rolling Eyes

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 14 Dec 2010, 00:07

Explains why he eats out so much!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 16 Dec 2010, 06:15

Also from the 2000 Playboy interview:

I’ve made it difficult to have a relationship, because my first love is work and my second love is my friends. That will change, I’m sure. There will be someone somewhere along the way who will knock me for a loop again and I’ll be willing to sacrifice everything. But for now, I’m driven by work. A lot of people rely on me now. I can’t just take off to the south of France for a week with some girl and have a great time. I feel the responsibility and think it would be wrong not to.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 16 Dec 2010, 06:20

So far it hasn't changed even with Celine it was still work and the boys.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 16 Dec 2010, 18:09

IMHO for whatever that;s worth, it seems as if this relationship, he has spent more time going, doing ,being,alone with EC than in his past...... I could be wrong about my perception of this dating experience (I've just recently lost my GC virginity) and maybe it's not anything new.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Dec 2010, 04:12

lucy wrote:IMHO for whatever that;s worth, it seems as if this relationship, he has spent more time going, doing ,being,alone with EC than in his past.......
I dunno. Both with Sarah Larson and with Betty, he's done more stuff with them (like travel, dinners etc) than he seems to have done with his previous girlfriends, but it's rarely been just the two of them together.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 17 Dec 2010, 05:16

They are rarely alone there have always been others with them even with Betty and Sarah. We have seen him out alot more with these two but then he has wanted to be seen! Cause he has shown he can hide when he wants too. Even on holiday in Mexico they are in a group of people it is never just George and the girl and in Italy he has friends there all time too. I remember he took Celine to Hawaii but even then I think others went too.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 05 Oct 2012, 06:36

Just bumping this thread in case anyone wants to add to it. It's always handy to have all his quotes in one place!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 05 Oct 2012, 07:30

CLOONEY: It’s not the way people think. I’m different from a lot of guys. I don’t go up to girls I don’t know in a bar and ask them to dance. I never have. Never. I’ve never gone up to somebody I don’t know and asked them out. I just won’t do it and never did, because I never wanted to take my ego, as fragile as any guy’s, and hand it to some girl so that she could demolish it. To me it has always seemed like a stupid thing to do. So in terms of, like, “Hey, you want to go out?” I don’t do it.

- Also GC doesnt like to be hunted (that must be hard to deal with) - thanks Katie interesting read....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 05 Oct 2012, 23:54

Katiedot wrote:
NY DAILY NEWS 04/01:

Women Out of Sight, Out of Mind for Clooney

George Clooney says he isn't looking for love right now.
The hunky former star of "ER" tells TV Guide that he loves women butcan't have a serious relationship because he's working so hard.

"I'm a workaholic," Clooney says. "I'm no good at vacationing, and Ithink that can be a source of frustration to a girl. I think they hate that. They say, 'I thought you weren't going to take a job.'"
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down