I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Serious Side
Today at 02:10 by ladybugcngc

» Clooney's baby?
Yesterday at 16:51 by amaretti

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Yesterday at 13:20 by party animal - not!

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:57 by PigPen

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

» New Nespresso ad filming in Miami? 24.1.16
Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:37 by Alisonfan

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

Post by Katiedot on Tue Dec 17 2013, 02:41

I guess they threw George's name in the title for a bit more oomph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On George Clooney
“It was great talking to a man like him. I really do think he wears it so well, his fame, so, so well, and while every one of us has our detractors, while one man’s elixir is another man’s poison, no-one is everyone’s favourite, I think there is a pretty universal respect for what he does both as a humanitarian and as an actor. And he is very good at wearing his fame, he’s so courteous. There’s none of that, ‘Urgh, here we go, I’m going to put on a mask now’, it’s just, 'Hi, hey, I’m George’, and you don’t see the cracks of, ‘Pffff, I hate this, these people are in my face’. I think that’s because genuinely he realises we’re very f***ing lucky. And he uses his fame for such potent and great causes.”

Thanks Sillygirl for the link.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock, Star Wars and George Clooney

Post by watching on Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:28

Also from the same interview....

On women wanting to sleep with him
"You know. George [Clooney] was talking to me and he said, ‘Oh God, all these stories coming up! You know, it’s so much about projection.’ And that’s why I am happy about it, because to me it’s not just about the way I look, it’s about some appropriation of the work and what I carry with me."

On Stefan Moffat saying he’s ‘two degrees to the left of handsome’
"Yeah, yes! And he’s absolutely right! And I’ve never really been able to trade off my looks before. And that’s the other thing about this discussion of whether I’m a leading man, it’s situational. If you prove your actions are heroic, or as a character, you are a leading man, it doesn’t matter whether you look like a movie star.
It’s almost extraordinary that Sherlock is attractive, just because, however dangerous, and however much you may come under his criticism and rejection, and it’s quite a powerful presence to be in, and women are attracted to that…and I get it. I mean, they all want to fix Sherlock! And with James [McAvoy], you know, women just want to go up and hug him, , you know, ooh! You know, the boy dying of cancer whose birthday it could have been! I think it can also be a great incumbent, when beautiful people try to get taken seriously as actors, it’s a f***ing struggle. I think wherever we’re at, we’re always looking at the other angle. I think it’s very important for the long game not to think about this kind of shit. Because otherwise you’re like, oh no, I’ve got frown lines on my forehead! You know, who cares? The only time I care is if I’m being younger for a character, like I had it the other day with [Alan] Turing, and I thought, okay, this is a period where he’s 25, and it’s when you first see him in the film, and there’s a long journey he goes on, it’s tragic and beautiful and disturbing and amazing, and to get that right you have to have something at the beginning where you have this person who is younger than me, ten years younger, and that’s the only time. In normal life, I don’t give a monkey’s arse if I’m going a bit wrinkly or have been described as going a bit grey of having receding hair. Or whatever the f*** it is that people write in gossip columns. You know, it can go on forever. You know, I don’t look at Humphrey Bogart and think, “you look old”. I think he looks like an actor. I remember with George Clooney there was some controversy with Michael Clayton. The studio was having a bit of a whine because he wasn’t shot from particularly flattering angles!”

watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:56

Thanks for posting

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:24

Sponsored content