George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

+38
mosaic
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Nanvelvet
phys major
hathaross
Atalante
Rachel
NotAvailable
pandabear
Carolina Gal
marysunshine
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
Pari
LornaDoone
Missa
Love hides in his hair.
annemarie
Mazy
Butterfly
Nicky80
Lakin460
Joanna
fava
lelacorb
it's me
silly girl
melbert
party animal - not!
Picachu
theminis
playfuldeb
Boshkash
Maggy
Carla97
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

Post by Katiedot Tue 03 Dec 2013, 05:44

Missa wrote:
playfuldeb wrote:But did George really say it just like that, or, was his response written by the interviewer to make it sound like he said that.
Well, it says in the article that George emailed the answers in response to the questionnaire.  
Yes, it said in the article that's posted here on this site that he wrote the answers himself and emailed them to Tracy Emin (the artist who interviewed him).

Missa wrote: I think a PR person would have written in complete sentences, and would have cushioned that statement about God to avoid offending people.  Others who've been around a while can correct me if I'm wrong, but on the few occasions I've seen him asked about this subject before, he's declined to answer.  Interesting that he's suddenly so straightforward about it.
Yes, I have to say I was really surprised to read such a categorical statement from him.

Before, in the past, he's only said he wasn't sure if he believed or not which is the right PR-friendly answer to give. I've suspected that he probably did know what he believed but I never thought he'd come out and say it. I wonder whether he knew that his answers would be made public?

Anyway, I agree with whoever it was who said that it's a person's actions that matter.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

Post by Butterfly Tue 03 Dec 2013, 05:52

Mazy wrote:Not believing in God only means that you have not been given the gift of faith yet, which is an Agnostic. He's not an atheist who is anti God. No matter what George says he is the best Christian, Jew, Buddhist or what ever the religion that believes in helping your fellow man. "We are our brothers & sisters keepers." One day if George somehow gets proof there is a God he will believe. However if not God is going to judge him on his life's contributions to society. Not on whether he believe's or not.
I agree with you Mazy! I have already noticed your wisdom from your previous comments. Smile 

Also, thanks Playfuldeb for the picture and quote....he is saying that he does not believe in Heaven and Hell, but not sure about God. This is in line with what Mazy is saying.

I remember watching him answering this question somewhere ....and he did say sth like "No, I don't believe in this stuff" (or "things", not sure about the word). However, his body language while saying that was like: I am not sure (he had that cheerful attitude and hmmm. expression in his eyes....) So, I always thought he was an agnostic.

Also, there is difference between believing in God and believing in Roman Catholic church.  Perhaps he is just avoiding going really deep into this with journalists.

My overall impression of his interview was that he was feeling kind of lonely while answering. This is why he might have picked up non-balanced answers.

I love you George. I love you
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue 03 Dec 2013, 06:00

Also....who can believe in God while being put into so many black and white circles??? Horrible experience. Shocked
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:04

That's why Twitter and Facebook are not for him, he will say what he thinks/wants/believe no matter what, and that will cause a lot of troubles..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:09

LornaDoone wrote:For those who had difficulty reading the questions and answers from the first post(I've copied them as written including the typos and British spelling:

George Clooney wrote:

NEON LIFE:  A Portrait

1)  Do you believe in God?
    No

2) How old are you?
   Ask God
Well... from his answers, George may not believe in God, but has the faith to trust HIM enough... Smile He trusts God enough to let HIM decide how old he really is... trusts God enough to know that God exists... trusts God enough to know that God knows him better (the evaluator of life) since he was made... Smile

George may have many questions about God / with God... but I think he DOES BELIEVE IN God from his answer to the 2nd question... where he basically contradicts his first answer, trusting God to know his life better!!  It also indicates that IF he was faced with a crisis situation, the first person he would think of in/voluntarily... with/out his mind... is God!!  Or so his answers tell me Smile
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:49

I think that was a joke answer, Pari.  George jokes around a lot about his age and he knows how old he is without needing to ask God. I don't know that I would read too much meaning into a flip response. Just my feeling of course.

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:54; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 03 Dec 2013, 07:50

Well interesting... he was asked if he believes in God and he said no. And now no means yes?

Usually men say what they mean and mean what they say. But women create all kinds hypothesis and find "hidden" meanings in everything...

What comes to the second question. I think it was his come back, that ask God, if you believe in him, he is almighty and knows all.

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 03 Dec 2013, 08:14

George, sometimes in interviews responds evasively to allow those who followed him to interpret the answers as you want but in response to God was explicit but someone here did attempt to interpret his answer ...... it is difficult to I want to understand it seems to me that you want George shaping to your liking. Accept him as he is, is not in your plans?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 03 Dec 2013, 15:01

LornaDoone wrote:I personally liked the "I haven't met her yet" comment.  Hope for us all ladies, hope for us all!  Brahahahaha

But seriously, I do think George has a great capacity to love,

that.

And there lies the RUB, if you have a bigger than usual capacity to love and engender great love in return, it becomes the heaviest of burdens. Because you, by definition, also and without intent, have the capacity to cause enormous hurt. So it's easier to isolate that section of your existence this time on earth. Talk to God and ask next time to come back ugly .... No such problems, hopefully.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 03 Dec 2013, 15:34

Katiedot wrote:I think that was a joke answer, Pari.  George jokes around a lot about his age and he knows how old he is without needing to ask God.  I don't know that I would read too much meaning into a flip response.  Just my feeling of course.
lelacorb wrote:
George, sometimes in interviews responds evasively to allow those who followed him to interpret the answers as you want but in response to God was explicit but someone here did attempt to interpret his answer ...... it is difficult to I want to understand it seems to me that you want George shaping to your liking. Accept him as he is, is not in your plans?
I accept, Katie, that each of those answers could also be taken as a joke reply... Smile 

No Lela... I prefer liking what has been shaped already... Smile

Peace all I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 03 Dec 2013, 16:41

Fascinating. I think it's classic Clooney. He answered the "God" question with an absolute and ungarnished "No," then comes back in the very next question with an answer that contradicts it. My impression is that his tongue was firmly in cheek, and you can't take one question without the other.

Anyway, I find it more interesting that he would most like to be in a room full of his friends and "their" families, as if he can't fathom even in his most cherished wishes the thought of having his own. The idea that he hasn't found the love of his life yet is just a statement of the obvious. The question is whether he's really looking, or receptive to finding her.

The questions he expounds upon are about art and heartfelt desires. The other answers may seem glib by comparison, but I think they're just as deep, and all connected. The answers of an exceptionally self-aware person.

And he's an admirer of Mark Twain, apparently. This is a man I could have a long conversation with.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Tue 03 Dec 2013, 18:53

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

Anyway, I find it more interesting that he would most like to be in a room full of his friends and "their" families, as if he can't fathom even in his most cherished wishes the thought of having his own....

I interpreted it as since he has no family of his own (as a single man) he enjoys his friends' & their families' company collectively, like a quasi adopted temporary family.

Not at all that he cannot fathom to having his own. Or he could have blatantly answered, "work is the love of my life," or  "my friends are the love of my life".
Or any other possible way.

But he stated, "I haven't met her yet."

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 03 Dec 2013, 23:29

Give Flowers2 Thanks everyone, for not beating me up for voicing my feelings. I dont mean to start a war, but I do like to be recognized for my opinion, or, interpretation of something. Rather than being told a direct "You're wrong" it's nice to receive an "I see where you're coming from, but this is also how I feel".  Give Flowers2
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Dec 2013, 06:37

playfuldeb wrote:Thanks for all the clarification ladies. I didn't see the accompanying article

This is the only thing I could find when searching
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Yes and to me this says that George is an agnostic:
1ag·nos·tic noun \ag-ˈnäs-tik, əg-\
: a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not

: a person who does not believe or is unsure of something

Full Definition of AGNOSTIC

:  a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly :  one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
:  a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something

He has also stated that he has no proof that God exist on other occasions. So I have to stick to my opinion. If George was an atheist it would not mean a thing, he is still the same person he was before this thread. I love him no matter what "the label."

Last edited by Mazy on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 06:51; edited 1 time in total
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 Dec 2013, 06:46

Yes, agreed with you Mazy. The problem is, that quote of his is over 10 years old. So yes, 10 years ago he was (in public at least) agnostic.

Now, this month he's said that he doesn't believe in God. I don't think there's a lot of wiggle room for interpretation in his answer.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Thu 05 Dec 2013, 00:17

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Thu 05 Dec 2013, 03:06

I am also dismayed by his "No" to the God question. Honestly, I think his mom and pop must pray for their boy every day. A Hollywood career and lifestyle is not really condusive to being all that religious. He was raised by parents who seem to be strict Catholics and he was an altar boy and went to Catholic school. His Catholic upbringing is in there somewhere amongst all the gobbly gook and hopefully, one day, George will begin to take baby steps toward renewing his faith. His Aunt Rosemary did.
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 03:18

Has anyone considered that maybe his Catholic upbringing IS the reason he doesn't believe in God?

Not to start an argument but that might be a reason.

Whatever the reason, it's George's choice to believe or not.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 05 Dec 2013, 03:35

LornaDoone Hmmmmm not to start an argument, hmmmm maybe his Catholic upbringing IS the reason he doesn't believe in God? Millions of us were raised catholic and believe in God. Maybe it is his many years in Hollywood???

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 03:51

pandabear I was raised Catholic so I'm not disparaging someone else's religion. I went to Catholic schools all my life.

I put that as a theory that's just as valid as anything anyone else puts out there (living in Hollywood) because what you didn't repeat from my comment is the most important part...

It's George's choice to believe or not.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 05 Dec 2013, 05:42

I spent over 30 years trying to discover if there was one, made myself believe I did believe and tried to live accordingly. But the honest injun down inside finally made me take a good look within. I found surprisingly, that I had NO answers. No more than when I first started trying to find if one existed. I finally came to the conclusion that it was unknowable.

Not anti anything, just not knowing what the answers are. I can't just play along and pretend. To please others because they would be more comfortable with that.

I imagine it got hard for him too, if it kept coming up. Sooner or later, to stop all the 20 questions about religion choices, one has to say, I don't believe in any of the religions. God? Who knows?

It took me a long time to come to the point of acceptance of what is for me down inside. I simply don't know and refuse to live my life according to everyone else's desires for me. I try to live with a conscience tho. To do fairly and justly. Do what you will but harm none.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Thu 05 Dec 2013, 06:08

Zen 

Last edited by Rachel van Bersten on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 17:38; edited 1 time in total
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 07:06

I think that whether one believes or does not believe is a very personal decision. One, if you are human will continually be evolving. For me I cannot look at a sunset, a baby's face, a running stream, a solider giving of his own life to save his buddies; all these things and so much more prove to me the existence of God. He is my 24/7 companion who I talk to continuously. All the many mishaps that I side step daily I know it is his way of watching out for me. I have gotten so angry at Him and have told him so. I'm just a person trying to get from one end of her life to the other without hurting too many and burning too many bridges. Faith is what works for me, we cannot have proof here on earth.

This is not a one size fits all, everyone needs to find what their truths are. It has nothing to do with outsiders or what they think, so I would not live according to their rules. You are who you are no matter your religious beliefs or in spite of the, I have met many a self proclaimed "good Christian" who would stab you in the back as soon as look at you. Also have met many that know ones what they believe; who would jump in to help or protect someone in need. I just know on that final walk I will have company.  God Bless
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:39

That's beautifully put, Mazy.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:50

There's a fysical lifeforce, with the use of stemcells live can be prolonged in the future, ... Laughing But Gods have been created by GUYS and guys only, just to dominate, nothing else but to dominate. Even this new pope refuses women having leading roles in the church. He loves to dominate too. Just remember this: the pope was once rejected by a woman. Suppose he wasn't, then he would be a married guy now living an average life. But no he was rejected by a woman, now he rejects all women, ... Faut le faire. Men, those two legged creatures with testosteronebags just love to dominate ! Cheerleader 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:52

About his "No". I have raised as a Christian too and I don´t believe in God either.... I was a believer when I was a kid.
Nobody can tell If God exist or no... there are people that can assure you that exist and others who doesn´t. We will never know so you can´t be in one side completely.

But as a racional person, everything tells me not....
I agree with the people who think God exist, of course, in my family almost everyone is a believer. Everybody is free to believe in what they want, as me. But when a believer tries to make their thruth to be a truth, that is when I am dissapointed... Why does it exist? Why can not be something humanity created by the fear of death that we have?

I pray sometimes when there is something that I am afraid or for family who are no longer with us, but I am aware that I do it knowing that there is nothing (in my opinion), but it is made so we can encourage something if we have no one who can´t help us.

I´m with George in that "No", but it is a personal opinion as the one of everybody in this issue.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:18

Some of you have posted opinions with which I agree.  God to me is inside of YOU.  It doesn't matter what religion you associate with - as I believe Mazy said - you'll have people profess to be the most devout of Christians and then treat others as if they were dirt.

You have to live your godliness every day not just put the mantle on one day of the week, profess your love of God and your fellow man and then walk outside of church, or synagogue or mosque etc. and advocate the killing of others, or participate in the abuse children or deny others just the basic of life necessities because YOU might have to pay a little more to give them that help.

Each and everyone of us gets the opportunity each day to show our humanity and exercise love for others, yet too often we fail whilst still professing to believe in the teachings of "god." 

Humans are funny people - and I don't mean that in a ha ha sense - I mean it in the sense that we have wonderful capacity to learn, but we also have a huge capacity to be indoctrinated and led astray by those who use religion for non religious purposes.

Too often, in my opinion, religion is used as a method of control, of excuse to advocate the most unreligious or if you will, the most un-godlike of actions against others.

The failure isn't the religion - the failure comes from the human interpretation of the teachings of the religion and humans who accept blindly, without questioning, when what they are being taught goes against just basic common sense and true humanity.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:25

I agree.

We have to believe in people, apart of the religion. In good people. We are amazing criatures. We can make a difference with our acts. I believe in the good acts of good people.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 14:03

I agree with Mazy and Lorna. I really like what you guys wrote. I couldn't express it better. Thanks.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:10

Well, off topic but he mentioned Mark Twain and "Letters from the earth" is very good, thin but still big and powerful book.. Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:27

Conclusion: Away with religion ! Twisted Evil 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 15:52

Atalante wrote:Conclusion: Away with religion ! Twisted Evil 
I'm going to gently disagree because religion isn't the issue.  It's the interpretation of the religious teachings and how you live each day based on those teachings that makes the difference.

I believe religious organizations CAN have a positive affect on those who need that society and sense of belonging that religions bring to many.  Also, religion teaches us morality and ethics and gives us a framework in which to live our lives.  The ten commandments for instance, although never followed to the letter by many, is an interesting starting point.

Honor thy father and mother.  Seems like a basic request and yet often not followed.  Think of all those who throw their loved ones into old folks homes and never see them or worse, care for them at home and then abuse them.  I would guess that many of the latter have some long held resentment against their parent(s) that they feel they're finally getting to get to pay back.

Thou shalt not kill.  Wow, that's a difficult one because who amongst us would not hesitate to do so if we felt someone we loved, for instance, was in harm's way and the only way to save that loved one was to kill someone else?

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.  Whoa, Hollywood has a REAL problem with that one!  :-)

The list goes on and on - basic requests to temper human behavior.

If you take the golden rule, do unto others as you would wish others to do unto you, those are words that we could all live by.  Take care of the sick, feed the hungry these are basic common sense values that unfortunately not everyone would necessarily learn in their own homes and so religious education is often where we learn those things.

But there are some religions that have either taken ancient societal customs and mores and have skewed them way out of portion or have gone beyond what may have really been intended or needed at the time.

We say that many of our values and mores and ethics should be learned at home, but what if your home is filled with those of who have no values and no morals and no ethics?  Where then would we learn those values?

Societal expectations can have a positive affect on us or a negative affect and that's where religion comes into play.

Of course, all this is only my opinion.  We each have to live our lives within our own conscience - and as I stated before, in my opinion - religion isn't the problem, it's how men and women interpret the teachings and live them that often is the problem.

Atalante, you in particular stated that religion is used by men to dominate.  And I will agree with you that there are many instances in religious organizations where that is the case.  But religion isn't the problem.  It's the men who bastardize the teachings and skewed them for their own gain or to further their own agenda.  That is the issue.

Where we fail as a society is when we allow the more heinous of these types of men (or women) to take control and power and we follow meekly without saying "NO! this is not right!" seeing that their actions go against all values and common sense and allow them to take over because of our fears or disinterest or even worse our expectation that someone else will speak up and so we collude by doing nothing.

Ok off the soapbox for today.

All I can wish for anyone today is that you are treated with kindness and hope that you do the same.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 05 Dec 2013, 17:31

Well... WOW God!! :)Interesting and intriguing pointers I enjoyed much... thank you for sharing, as always, not everyone would like to talk what they really feel about the spiritual... that tone of mine might seem a lot condescending kindly pardon me... am going to try all over again Smile

We might actually have a religion going on here... a George Clooney Church... where George is God!? Na? Smile George becomes the spirit we enjoy, and so gathers together the people who love him... and wish to get to know him... and so there is so much sharing about him... what he wears, what he thinks, where he goes, who he is with etc etc... and knowing something about him makes each of us FEEL GOOD... like we've had an "experience" of George, in some form...

There are rules to follow too... those that are based on his likes and dislikes... his ways of life... his practices / disciplines / patterns etc... and since we love him, we all wish to abide by that... NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever... sure yes, we might cringe at some, shout out at some others, scream / bang our heads against the wall... BUT... in the end... when he talks / appears someplace... the WHOLE of us, simply wants to be there, and become part of what he is... Is it not?

Well... God isn't very different... I believe... Just that HE can melt and mould HIMself to our level, to our state of being... anytime, anywhere... simply because HE IS the maker / creator / omnipresent / omnipotent... the ALL of us, yet, complete in EACH of us...

And so different people who have had experiences earlier of God... just as say Katie / Lorna / Lighter / so many others have followed George for so many years know George a lot more than many others... can make THE RULES... for the happiness of everyone... for peaceful co-existence... from their experiences from their experiments in understanding THE TRUTH... and so also, THE CHURCH (well, there are so many, just as there are so many blogs on George, with varying intensity of understanding him etc) who comes in to facilitate our worship / understanding of God... which is basically about ENJOYING the experience OF God's presence, basically, everytime, everyday WITH everyone, everywhere...

Now, Blog owners cannot fight over George, because NONE of them really own George and they know it! Smile So they SHARE him, as best as they can, as much as he allows them to... so there can be peace...

Now, can someone who hasn't read Hollywood / News, staying in a little village in a remote corner of India say: George does NOT exist?  Sure!! He/she can!!  Simply because the person hasn't googled him or EXPERIENCED his presence in his/her life...

It is the same with God... there are going to be those who will say that they don't know HIM / haven't found HIM / experienced HIM / that HE does NOT exist... because they have their reasons and may be rightly so... but then... God sure exists!! I love you Ask George!!  The Rascal!! Smile

Thankfully George is NOT God, but has GOD in him... just as each of us do... and God loves each of us and stays inside us, regardless of whether HE is wanted / included / recognized / honoured / loved or not...  I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:07

Thanks for that comparison, Pari!

scratch
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 05 Dec 2013, 18:48

What I would like to know is? if there is no God where the Hell did we come from? and what is the purpose of us being here?

I personally have had real life experiences with Spirituality..I have and still see angels..On two occasions I was visited by the virgin Mary..(take it or leave it I don't care)I have also had conversations with people who have had near death experiences there stories are amazing and real..Everyone  has the right to believe or not.  Me personally, I can't imagine why anyone would take the chance and not believe.  if it is real (which I am a firm Believer) the consequences of not trusting are horrific!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Dec 2013, 19:18

phys....I'm interested in your spiritual experiences. 
Maybe you'd PM me sometime with more information ?
Only if you want to of course. flower
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 05 Dec 2013, 19:24

I would love to Joanna. I have reassured many people that this is not a one time shot..We will all see our loved ones again.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Thu 05 Dec 2013, 20:17

Pari, I truly enjoyed reading your post, thank you so much!!! Give Flowers2 

Personally, I believe in God, but I see it as Universal God, not belonging to a particular nation or culture....otherwise, I would exclude majority of population from the love of God. I deeply respect the quest for spirituality of every human being. Feeling God's presence in your life is like having another, additional dimension of yourself.

This big I love you I love you I love you lip smack
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 05 Dec 2013, 21:14

Intesresting phys.. I have family members who claim they have seen also Virgin Mary... I know people who see dead people.... and I have heard other things about spirits... The human brain is powerful, more than we think.
I would LOVE to believe that there is something after dead and we will see our loves ones again but.... When your brain is dead there is nothing there.... an soul? Where they go? There is a pararell universe?

What happens, as living beings that we are, and we are alive, we find hard to believe and accept that there is nothing more after death

And where did we come from? The universe? Darwin? Evolution? I believe in that because is scientifically proven. Humanity will not live long enough to find about what is out there ... and our mind fails to reach the immensity and things that doesn´t exist on Earth or what we know.
It is matter.... And God is not matter... It is a vision-image-spirit...

Well.... we can be all day and night with this.
Each one has their opinion and believe in differents things, the thing is the respect and accept the idea that other people don´t think like you, therefore, you can believe in god but you also have to think that maybe there is not nothing. That's what I meant with the above message. The believers sometimes find hard to accept that God may not exist. Not because you have seen something, has to be real.

I agree with the Universal God, If it exist isthe same for everybody but the human has refined to their culture.

Last edited by hathaross on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:46; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:25

I respect everyone's spiritual beliefs as it's a very personal matter.
George gave a straightforward, blunt answer: No.
Directly understood that he's atheist or ... open to interpretation?
He may believe in evolution propelled by a force. Or have his own theories and not wish to elaborate.
Or perhaps he does not believe in religious institutions. Brought up as devout Catholic he may have turned away from this and have his own private beliefs.

It's an individual preference for many. And sensitive subject matter.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:53

I do believe we will be with our loved ones after death. Hell I watch Teresa Caputo - she ain't making that "sheet" up I tell ya! :-)

But that's a discussion for a different thread.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 05 Dec 2013, 23:54

For those who believe in God, who created God, where did he come from and why is he a man ? Ting Ting Tingeling ? Rolling Eyes 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 06 Dec 2013, 01:59

I agree with many who believe that our society would be woefully lacking the manners, courtesies and good behaviors, developed by some form of religious teachings from a concept of God. I have always seen that the better teachings could elevate man about himself and help him to overcome the baser reactions of anger, bigotry and rage. I think we benefited by the teachings of the golden rules and those were based on the ten commandments I think.

That was what our school taught us, the golden rules, rather than a religion. They didn't bring their religion to school as it was considered unprofessional to bring religion to the job. That wasn't what they were getting paid to do.

I do think his teachings are what helped to mold him into the very generous and humble kind of person he is deep down. Also think its what draws ppl to a person who is well known but also a generous soul. Ppl can feel the goodness in another person, no matter if they aren't religious.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 06 Dec 2013, 06:18

"I believe that one can be religious without ever uttering the name of God if we act for the good dell'unanità." Pope Goivanni XXIII
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanvelvet Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:06

Hard to believe Mr. Clooney doesn"t believe in God or a Higher Power of somekind. Since there is no further explanation I can only assume he didn"t want to disclose his beliefs further. In my opinion I find it a very gutsy move on his part. When he talks religion,(even this short statement) he takes a risk of alienating some of his fan base.
  I'm surprized because in all the interviews(both written and verbal) that I have seen and read, he has been masterful at not disclosing anything to controversial, yet doing so with impeccble charm.
  I wonder what he was thinking about the interviewer?

Nanvelvet
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Dec 2013, 13:02

Atalante wrote:For those who believe in God, who created God, where did he come from and why is he a man ? Ting Ting Tingeling ? Rolling Eyes 

That is the wonderful thing about Faith we don't have to explain to no believers where he came from we just know with every cell in our body he exists.
I met a man once who had died on the operating table, he told me his experience.
He said he rose out of his body, saw them operating on him, experienced them working hard to revive him. Upon leaving his body all he felt was an overwhelming feeling of love! He told me at that moment he realized nothing on this earth mattered all the material things meant nothing at all the ONLY thing that MATTERED was "LOVE"!!!!! He told me a man in a bright light appeared and asked if he would like to stay or go(he chose to stay) back in his body he went:) Crazy thing is, I had a non believer with me at the time, she heard the whole story ranted and raved about the Brain Bullshit and left. I told the Gentleman I was sorry for her disregard of his amazing story. He looked at me with a peacefulness I have never seen from someone before, said calmly, Don't worry, she WILL find out someday!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Dec 2013, 13:15

Nanvelvet wrote:Hard to believe Mr. Clooney doesn"t believe in God or a Higher Power of some kind.

I don't think he was thinking!!! I personally think that statement was said in some kind of joking manner (which of course is not funny)! for me, as a parent, who has brought up my children in a very Spiritual home, I would have been very saddened seeing a remark like that coming from one of my children. Not to mention being published in something for the world to see.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 12 Dec 2013, 13:38

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Dec 2013, 03:33

Nanvelvet wrote: In my opinion I find it a very gutsy move on his part. When he talks religion,(even this short statement) he takes a risk of alienating some of his fan base.
  I'm surprized because in all the interviews(both written and verbal) that I have seen and read, he has been masterful at not disclosing anything to controversial, yet doing so with impeccble charm.
 I was really surprised too.  I still wonder whether he knew that his answers would be made public?  Maybe he thought that was prep for the art and only the artwork would be shared?  

Dunno.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 03:56

I have a more extreme view than most. I don't believe there are any atheists. I think everyone, including George Clooney, believes in something. It may not be what I believe, but I still think people believe.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next