George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

+38
mosaic
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Nanvelvet
phys major
hathaross
Atalante
Rachel
NotAvailable
pandabear
Carolina Gal
marysunshine
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
Pari
LornaDoone
Missa
Love hides in his hair.
annemarie
Mazy
Butterfly
Nicky80
Lakin460
Joanna
fava
lelacorb
it's me
silly girl
melbert
party animal - not!
Picachu
theminis
playfuldeb
Boshkash
Maggy
Carla97
Katiedot
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Apr 2017, 06:11

[this post and the following seven posts were moved from another thread on this forum]

He said he's an atheist so I doubt we'll see him in church, but I'll bet there'll be plenty of Easter fun and family get togethers.

Thanks Way2 - LOVE your version!!!

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 07:43; edited 2 times in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Apr 2017, 14:38

Katiedot wrote:He said he's an atheist so I doubt we'll see him in church, but I'll bet there'll be plenty of Easter fun and family get togethers.

Thanks Way2 - LOVE your version!!!

Really?  I've never heard him say that.  I've followed him closely almost ten years and I've never heard him say anything close to that.  Is there an article or video of him saying that?  Saul was a non believer and we see how his life changed.  Maybe George Clooney had a life chainging experience.  Maybe he had a change of heart.  Jesus can have a life changing affect on your life.  The truth is the time you spend in church as a child never leaves.  Jesus can renew that time in life changing ways.

I love this thread: Heaven sent...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 14 Apr 2017, 16:55

ladybugcngc wrote:Really?  I've never heard him say that.  I've followed him closely almost ten years and I've never heard him say anything close to that.  Is there an article or video of him saying that?
Here's the quote, in December 2013: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He was asked if he believed in God, his answer was a very simple 'no'. There is also somewhere a video where Larry King asked him the same question and got the same answer. Prior to this, he'd always been on the agnostic side, saying he didn't know whether he believed.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Apr 2017, 18:36

Thanks Katie...❤
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 14 Apr 2017, 19:35

Katiedot wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:Really?  I've never heard him say that.  I've followed him closely almost ten years and I've never heard him say anything close to that.  Is there an article or video of him saying that?
 Here's the quote, in December 2013: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He was asked if he believed in God, his answer was a very simple 'no'.  There is also somewhere a video where Larry King asked him the same question and got the same answer.  Prior to this, he'd always been on the agnostic side, saying he didn't know whether he believed.
l

George Clooney has a way of shifting in and out "actor" mode.  When asked his age he says ask God, what does that mean?  Maybe I can find the Larry King interview and gain more insigjt.  George has a love and kindness rooted and grounded in his heart that can only come from Heaven.  I'm trying to take the Q&A serious, however it just has playful George written all over it.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 14 Apr 2017, 22:34

Katiedot, wow ... I had not read the George "... doesn't believe in god" thread before. Fascinating thoughts of all the posters. Great read. Thanks for posting the link. I don't think I would have stumbled upon it otherwise ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he doesn't believe in God - Page 4 Empty temp thread

Post by annemarie Sat 15 Apr 2017, 01:23

He was raised a catholic , i'm guessing as he grew older he stopped believing that is if he ever did.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 16 Apr 2017, 01:14

Once a Catholic always a Catholic....

Reading back on this thread I see he has gone form Catholic to agnostic to atheist .....

But in truth it never leaves you....You may well leave Catholicism or whatever God you believe in.....but it doesn't leave you.....

I used to believe George was born under a lucky star....

I think George's lucky star was the BVM, she was his BFF....he simply turned his head away of late....

I believe George has her in the palm of his hand....he only has to ask.....

Pray to Mary...and he will be Mary's prayer....She got him to where he is/was....If he ever did say a silent prayer, I don't know....But he had magic....

JMO, I have decided that it wasn't the lucky star.....it was Mother Mary that did the business and will again, he only has to ask....

Kind of cool that this came to me at Easter...with chocolate eggs....

Happy Easter to you and your God...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 16 Apr 2017, 07:09

Donnamarie wrote:Katiedot, wow ... I had not read the George "... doesn't believe in god" thread before.  Fascinating thoughts of all the posters.  Great read.  Thanks for posting the link.  I don't think I would have stumbled upon it otherwise ...
Thanks! There's tons of good stuff on this forum (or so I like to believe!). Just take a little scroll through the archives one day . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 18 Apr 2017, 15:30

Before we get into a hair pulling debate/discussion/ free for all argument on whether little Georgie Jr and Georgette will have godparents.. I offer this modern definition of the term.
( added note of interest.. Steven Spielberg is Drew Barrymore's godfather)

Godparent

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A godparent, in many denominations of Christianity, is someone who sponsors a child's baptism. Today, the word godparent does not always have explicitly religious overtones. The secular view of a godparent tends to be an individual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal development, and to take care of the child should anything happen to the parents.

Godparent - Wikipedia

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godparent

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Apr 2017, 05:58

I'd fully agree, Pigpen. I think nowadays Godparent (despite the name) has pretty much next to nothing to do with religion. George is godparent to a number of children, I believe.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 19 Apr 2017, 15:46

I hear the phone ringing... George  Is that Heaven calling...  From Heaven's view a child of the Living God...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Apr 2017, 07:20

Ok, enough with the proselytising. Thanks.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 20 Apr 2017, 14:46

Katiedot wrote:Ok, enough with the proselytising.  Thanks.
I'm not trying to convert anyone, only the Heavenly Father, through Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit can do that.  I'm just expressing my view like everyone else on COH.  In your view George Clooney is an Atheist.  From where I stand, I have an extremely hard time believing that.  I find George Clooney to often express a "play on words" as a way to keep his private life, private.  The question was:  do you believe in God?  The answer: no.  The next question How old are you?  The answer:  ask God.

I see this exchange as playful banter.

If I understand correctly you see this exchange as George Clooney declaring himself an atheist.  You have every right to take from this interview what YOU understand to be truth.  In the same like manner, I can only express what I UNDERSTAND to be truth.

Katie, my views here often times differ from most.  We live in a country where freedom of speech is a constitutional right.  My expectation is administrators on this forum will extend to others that same right.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Apr 2017, 05:46

ladybugcngc wrote:  We live in a country where freedom of speech is a constitutional right.  My expectation is administrators on this forum will extend to others that same right.
On this forum your freedom of speech doesn't extend to boring the shit out of the rest of us on this forum by forcing your blinkered views on the rest of us. This is my decision and I thank you for sticking to it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 21 Apr 2017, 06:27

Katiedot wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:  This is my decision and I thank you for sticking to it.
Katie, you seem to be the only one bothered, maybe this is a personnel thing.  

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you started to thread about the Clooney's and Easter, however, you don't want me to talk about the Heavenly Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible or anything to do with my faith, Biblical/Spiritual walk, or the Bible. 

Is this what you mean by:  This is my decision and I thank you for sticking to it? 

I never want to be where I'm not wanted.  As much as I love George Clooney, I would NEVER agree to that.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Apr 2017, 06:52

ladybugcngc wrote: you don't want me to talk about the Heavenly Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible or anything to do with my faith, Biblical/Spiritual walk, or the Bible. 
 Exactly.  This thread - indeed this whole FORUM - is about George Clooney, not you.  This particular thread happens to be about George Clooney's faith, or possible lack thereof.

Nowhere on this forum is it suitable for you to talk about YOUR belief.  It's not relevant, it's not interesting and from the pms from other users that I've received, it's not wanted.

Thanks

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 08:13; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Fri 21 Apr 2017, 07:43

@katiedot, regarding ladybugcngc - I am not writing much but is this strict, rejecting sound necessary?
It would also be possible to discuss this friendly per PM! Your sound is hurtful! This is also meant to those writing you PM - why not direct PM ladybugcngc - aren't we grown ups here!?
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Apr 2017, 08:22

I don't mean to be hurtful, but I do mean to be strict.

As you can see from this thread, I have no problem with anyone discussing George's possible faith, but I do have a problem when people start throwing their own beliefs in. It's not appropriate and it's offensive to some.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Apr 2017, 14:01

Katie - Ladybug does have a tendency to get carried away, and sometimes it's inappropriate or irritating to some of us - but, to be fair, she really is a George fan.

Maybe Rachel was right, and we should try pm-ing Ladybug before bothering you or calling her out on the forum. She seems to see the world in a very restricted way and may not realize that others don't see things from the same perspective - or that they might not want to deal with her beliefs when they come here to talk about George. I'd say give her a chance to learn and adapt.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Apr 2017, 14:48

LizzyNY wrote: I'd say give her a chance to learn and adapt.
I agree: I haven't banned her and she's welcome to keep on posting about George, but not about her own religious beliefs. Until this thread she's managed to do that without any problem, so I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be able to carry on.

To clarify: I'm not interested in anyone posting their religious beliefs in the forum, so this isn't just limited to ladybugcngc. It's just that most of us seem to understand that without being told. This thread, being about religion, was always likely to get a little carried away, so I've let it drift a bit, but when it goes too far, I'll ask people to get back to the subject.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 21 Apr 2017, 15:55

Fair enough.  Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Fri 21 Apr 2017, 18:34

Thank's @Katiedot @LizzyNY together and with fairness we make a better place to be Wink
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Apr 2017, 19:41

Hi Rachel!

Good to hear from you

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4