George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

+18
Mazy
Missa
theminis
playfuldeb
blubelle
melbert
jd68
Rachel
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
Einstein
LornaDoone
George Fan
it's me
Joanna
Carla97
Nicky80
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" Empty George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

Post by Katiedot Mon 11 Nov 2013, 16:49

We already know George's famous quote ""I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page", but in case anyone had any doubts that he may have changed his mind recently, here he is again on the subject.

Taken from his interview in Esquire, December 2013 (the whole interview is HERE):

As might be expected, he does not like Twitter. More to the point, he does not approve of Twitter, especially for a certain segment of the population. “If you’re famous, I don’t—for the life of me—I don’t understand why any famous person would ever be on Twitter. Why on God’s green earth would you be on Twitter? Because first of all, the worst thing you can do is make yourself more available, right? Because you’re going to be available to everybody. But also Twitter. So one drunken night, you come home and you’ve had two too many drinks and you’re watching TV and somebody pisses you off, and you go ‘Ehhhhh’ and fight back.

“And you go to sleep, and you wake up in the morning and your career is over. Or you’re an asshole. Or all the things you might think in the quiet of your drunken evening are suddenly blasted around the entire world before you wake up. I mean, when you see, like, Ashton Kutcher coming out going, you know, ‘Everybody leave Joe Paterno alone,’ or whatever he said, you just go, ‘Fifteen minutes longer and a thought process and probably you wouldn’t have done that.’ ”

As a result, the famous people he admires most—the ones he claims not just as friends but as club members and counterparts—are those who make themselves unavailable.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" Empty Re: George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 18:05

It is great that he as an opnion like that. I think it shows that he doesn't feel he is so "important/full of himself" that everyone needs to know about him. His work has enough to say about him  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" Empty Re: George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

Post by Carla97 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 18:14

Some people find it fulfilling to be on social media. I don´t get twitter for example, it´s like texting when you have no particular friend to text to. So you make it to whole world...

And seriously some, at least, older women should consider mammographing instead of instragaming their boobs on regular basis...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 11 Nov 2013, 18:18

carla...So do you read tweets then ?
Why if you "don't get it" ?

confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 18:29

Of course I do sometimes, friends, people I know ...Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:00

yes
you are right
our yelling seems not bother him Very Happy
we lucky girls flower 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:24

Celebrities flock to Twitter to feed their narcissism. Clooney doesn't feel a need for that. And to be stupid on their on drunken nights. He is ahead of the masses.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:21

I think his opinion is full of shit.  Which is JMO.

There are some really cool uses for Twitter. And unlike George, not every celebrity comes home every night drunk.  I know maybe in HIS world that's what happens but not everyone.

It all goes to the celeb's maturity level.  There are a lot of celebs on Twitter and those I've interacted with are pretty level headed, have some good causes that they promote and help to make a difference.

George needs to learn to filter himself or learn self control.  He doesn't have it but his negative opinion of those who use it should really be tempered with a little more information about how it's used in a positive manner and not focus so much on the negative.

Ok rant over.  I just hate when he gets on his prissy soap box about something that he hasn't fully experienced nor participated in...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:27

are you so sure?
he can, only for fun, have one or more 'fake' accounts
so to answer here and there...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:52

[quote="Katiedot"]We already know George's famous quote ""I would rather have a prostate exam on live television by a guy with very cold hands than have a Facebook page", but in case anyone had any doubts that he may have changed his mind recently, here he is again on the subject.

Taken from his interview in Esquire, December 2013 (the whole interview is HERE):

[quote]As might be expected, he does not like Twitter. More to the point, he does not approve of Twitter, especially for a certain segment of the population. “If you’re famous, I don’t—for the life of me—I don’t understand why any famous person would ever be on Twitter. Why on God’s green earth would you be on Twitter? Because first of all, the worst thing you can do is make yourself more available, right? Because you’re going to be available to everybody. But also Twitter. So one drunken night, you come home and you’ve had two too many drinks and you’re watching TV and somebody pisses you off, and you go ‘Ehhhhh’ and fight back.

“And you go to sleep, and you wake up in the morning and your career is over. Or you’re an asshole. Or all the things you might think in the quiet of your drunken evening are suddenly blasted around the entire world before you wake up. I mean, when you see, like, Ashton Kutcher coming out going, you know, ‘Everybody leave Joe Paterno alone,’ or whatever he said, you just go, ‘Fifteen minutes longer and a thought process and probably you wouldn’t have done that.’ ”

My name is Einstein .... and I think that George Clooney also has a Facebook page .... if I was famous like George Clooney would be interested in what others think about me and write me! I'm so clever I Heiise Einstein here!!
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:54

Now you see, Lorna, the first thing that occurred to me was that His Nibs must have been incredibly tolerant towards a certain Ms Keibler, and the second was that he might not appreciate, or agree with the fact that it is used as a marketing tool, and thirdly that he just might have a point about people going into Twittermode before thinking for too long.

I might be wrong but wasn't Kutcher one of the leading shareholders in Twitter, so he had every reason to promote it, whilst using it for good causes too?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Tue 12 Nov 2013, 00:00

[quote="Joanna"]carla...So do you read tweets then ?
Why if you "don't get it" ?

confused[/quote

I also have a Twitter page .... but I find it very strange that you can only write two sentences .... I do not understand Twitter .... Twitter is shit!! Facebook is much more interesting you can talk and write with people !!!! Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no Computer says no 
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Nov 2013, 00:01

I'm not really a big fan of twitter, especially as it used by well known peeps to promote things .... So the fact that someone PAYS them to lure me in, either to BUY something or into something smacks of "grooming" to me... And I don't want anything to do with an organisation that makes this both possible and easy....

Also, can you delete, or are your best and worst thoughts up there for ever and ever....

I like very much what George said "15 minutes and a thought process" ... Yet again I learn from him..... I just have to put into practice...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 12 Nov 2013, 00:14

If you use social media in the right way its very useful. Satellite Sentinel, Not on our Watch and a lot of organizations are on Twitter - a very fast way to spread important news to the world. You are able to get a very fast overview on what interests you and on whats happening in the world. Sure, every coin has two sides, like most things in life.
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 12 Nov 2013, 00:19

Hi WWHS, Yes you can delete.  

I don't follow people who get paid to tweet.  You can tell because they're always mentioning some product.

But there are others who use it intelligently to interact with their fans.

It takes talent and a good sense of humor to be on twitter.  And there are ways to handled if a fan gets too obnoxious -- you can always put them on block and not only will their tweets not get to you - they can no longer access your tweets, even if you have them in public mode.

A good example of how I use Twitter.  I follow AP news, CNN etc.  when there is breaking news twitter if OFTEN the first place the info is posted.  I've even seen news agencies ask an individual who posted pictures of an event - like a disaster if they can use their pictures and also if they would contact the news outlet to talk with them.

So as a service for emergency information it's is often better than news outlets.

Second, when you have an issue with a company that for instance is ignoring an issue you have - you can tweet them and often get a faster response than if you go through the customer service process.  Not all companies use this, but the really savvy ones are catching on.

Also, again for companies, it's a great way to see how your company is being perceived in the market place.

Twitter can be used in a positive manner if you decide that's what you're going to do with it.

There are some who want to be trolls like on any site, but with Twitter, you don't have to wait till the site owner does something about it.  You can block them right away and not have to deal with them.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 03:44

G isn't bashing Twitter & FB in general, his comments are directed to those that are in the limelight.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 12 Nov 2013, 04:59

I still think George should take a look at twitter not by checking out celebrity sites, but by looking at all the other info available.

I find quite a bit of political info and there are groups that take the BS that some politicians put out there and very quickly squash it with links to correct info.

Again, it depends on how it's being use - which can be intelligently - if that's how the person wants to use it.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 07:36

True Lorna what you write.

I don´t think the point is anymore to rank social media platforms or who should or shouldn´t be there. And how to use it.

Even if the very best new site appears tomorrow transition from Face, twitter, pintarest, instragam... will take some time. These giants won´t collapse in one day.

The trend that bodes well is the one people gravitate toward and it is visual. Face, Twitter are primarily focused on text-based messages, but combining instragam, photos with hastags (instat search) - yep

Blue birdy (TWTR) flied yesterday! But to see that coming, I didn´t get the info from the twitter Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:16

I totally believe that George (or someone on his staff) are very much in the know about Twitter. He has referred to it before. He knows that there is great stuff on Twitter, just the socializing is what bothers him. He won't socialize on Twitter or Facebook.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 12 Nov 2013, 16:05

Lorna - is there a site on the internet that teaches you how to use Twitter?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 12 Nov 2013, 16:11

Given that His Nibs was referring to famous people using Twitter, and not understanding why on earth they would want or need to, I can understand where he's coming from - in other words if you've already got loads of attention, why on earth would you want any more?

I'm sure he realises that the likes of say, Ryan Boyette in South Kordofan, or Enough Project, would be using Twitter for all the right reasons........

Trouble is it's out there to be used. Or abused

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 12 Nov 2013, 18:38

Lorna..."Ok rant over.  I just hate when he gets on his prissy soap box about something that he hasn't fully experienced nor participated in..."

We all have opinions, sometimes quite strong ones, 
about things we haven't experienced nor participated in,
nor would ever want to.

There's nothing wrong with speaking out our opinions on things we've never tried when we know ourselves well enough to know that "Its not for me".
Otherwise it would look like wimpishly sitting on the fence with no strong opinions.

Oh dear, my thoughts aren't coming out in a coherent manner I'm afraid.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 12 Nov 2013, 19:08

I use FB solely as a promotional tool for my photography. Twitter I dont have, nor do I have instagram. I dont understand how people find time to participate in every media outlet that is available, but I do know people that have all of them, and use them regularly. It bugs me to be going somewhere with someone and they spend their time on their phone texting or tweeting rather than talking with me.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 12 Nov 2013, 23:44

That constant need to check your phone, a text or hang on the internet on the phone I also find irritating. It's okay to actually TALK to people - but it seems we're growing a nation of texters!

What is hysterical is when I see younger family members sitting in the same room texting each other. DUH you have a voice use it!!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 13 Nov 2013, 03:28

When I turn up at the school car park, there are Mums who have been there since 2.00pm (school gets out 3.30pm) on their phones, almost every single one of them - totally bizarre to me. I usually do all that stuff at home - don't feel the need to be connected to Facebook/Twitter etc whilst Im on the go - I think its got to the stage where some people panic if they think they might miss a Facebook status - inane - everything in moderation I think is best.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 13 Nov 2013, 18:53

I wouldnt be surprised to hear that some day it will be diagnosised as some type of addiction and mental health care will charge exhornitant fees to cure it !.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 14 Nov 2013, 03:41

blubelle wrote:Lorna - is there a site on the internet that teaches you how to use Twitter?
Hi blubelle,

I'm not sure how good this info is but I found a site that has some step by step instructions with pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 14 Nov 2013, 20:56

Lorna - Thank you, will check it out.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 16 Nov 2013, 15:34

LornaDoone wrote:I think his opinion is full of shit.  Which is JMO.

There are some really cool uses for Twitter. And unlike George, not every celebrity comes home every night drunk.  I know maybe in HIS world that's what happens but not everyone.

It all goes to the celeb's maturity level.  There are a lot of celebs on Twitter and those I've interacted with are pretty level headed, have some good causes that they promote and help to make a difference.

George needs to learn to filter himself or learn self control.  He doesn't have it but his negative opinion of those who use it should really be tempered with a little more information about how it's used in a positive manner and not focus so much on the negative.

Ok rant over.  I just hate when he gets on his prissy soap box about something that he hasn't fully experienced nor participated in...
I had word-for-word the same reaction, Lorna!  It's just such a specific problem to have with Twitter, that you might get drunk and say something stupid and never work again, that it's clear he knows that's what would happen to him.  You know, George, some people can handle their liquor, or at least not drink to the point where they're making potential career-ending decisions in the middle of the night.  Not to say there aren't problems with Twitter, but nothing that isn't also true of the entire internet at this point.  An Ashton Kutcher is just as likely to say something stupid in an interview with E! at 2:30 in the afternoon that then gets blasted all over the internet and ends his career.  

There's a touch of "You damn kids, get off my lawn!" to this particular reaction, at least as I read it.  George is of a different generation than many of the celebrities on Twitter, and came of age in a time when all you knew about movie stars was what the studios wanted you to know, whether that information was true or not. I love the idea of celebrities controlling their own image by tweeting and being in contact with fans on a regular basis.  If anything, it breaks down the veneer a little, and we get to find out rather quickly that some of them are idiots (*cough* Ashton Kutcher *cough*).  Frankly, I'd rather know that Kutcher, for example, is the kind of person who would defend someone accused of aiding and abetting DECADES of child abuse.  People Magazine is probably not going to uncover that information in one of their publicist-approved fluff pieces.

As you said in another post, Lorna, there are lots of wonderful uses for twitter.  I follow news organizations, Democratic political feeds, pop culture writers and reviewers, comedians, and the occasional celebrity, not one of whom, as far as I can tell, has had a vodka-induced rant at 2:00 a.m. There's lots of good information on there, as well as just some really fun and funny stuff.  If we avoided all technology based on just the damage caused by dummies that use it, we'd still be figuring out fire and the wheel.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 25 Nov 2013, 20:47

THIS IS A RESPONSE TO GEORGE

George Clooney “Reasons Why Famous People are on #Twitter”
Home » Entertainment » George Clooney: “Reasons Why Famous People are on #Twitter”
Posted By Lynn Ponder on Nov 11, 2013

Hola George! I heard Lara Spencer from GMA my favorite morning show, say that “George Clooney doesn’t understand why famous people are on Twitter”. As a fan and as a social media reporter, I respectfully need to say that I think you are missing the facts about a new world that is all about social connectivity. I believe that the reason talented artists become famous is because of the ability to draw people’s attention by each marvelous interpretation, making worries go away as they entertain the audience through a mesmerizing performance. Bravo to you and many other artists!

People fall in love with the work of actors, singers, and that is how they become a public figure right? Well, as a matter of fact one of the most valuable tools Twitter offers famous people is a platform that allows real-time truthful communication and micro-blogging is a form of control privacy because you decide what type of worthy news to share with your audience. It does not have to be personal unless you want to share, which we know how private you are and most people are respectful of that.

Hollywood just like all other industries in the world are adapting to a new way of connecting with the target audience. Traditional marketing of your brand should include a social media marketing program in order to engage your audience and amplify your message with the objective of going viral. I believe that you do not need an actual interview with a reporter all the time to announce your amazing initiatives, your publicists could create outstanding social media programs with your brand for engagement with your fans. Call me, I have many ideas about creating a social press junket and the perfect network to create them on ☺

If you had a Twitter account I can guarantee that your fan base would multiply meaning that more people would go see your movies, follow and help your causes. Just by taping into the multicultural audience with a Tweet in Spanish or Italian would be a thrill for your fans. Its not necessarily about being famous or not on social, it helps of course, but if you have a good social strategy, engage truthfully, you might find it the perfect digital tool to spread all the social good you do and by your influence make our world a better place.

Some advice in case you decide to GO for it:

1-Celebrity Tweeting writing can be farm-out to your staffers but original ideas should come from you and tweet yourself at least once a day. Imagine a tweet from you on a set of one of your movies with a snapshot, it just takes it to another level of reality and that is how you distinguish your brand and create a kind of attraction that’s hard to beat.

2-Write about what is interesting to you and promote your movies, causes from the heart.

3-Exclusives: Let your fans know you care. Give them a peek into your upcoming projects. Be real and share pics from the set and just acknowledge them with a tweet.

4-Use Hashtags wisely and create a phrase or saying that fans can add their own spin to.

5-Build your community and use your influence for social good for a better world.

Social Media is about being truthful, inspiring and genuinely engaging. I wrote a quote when I first started learning about Twitter in 2009 and it is still retweeted from top social influencer and dear friend @2morrowknight. This quote was created created in 2011 when I wrote my experience about the Power of Connectivity on Twitter!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 25 Nov 2013, 20:57

I enjoy twitter, love that you can get news immediately and Im learning heaps about overseas politics/culture etc. But like anything that is good or bad for you - moderation is the key, don't take it too seriously. Ive been overdosing on Whosay lately, another good social media platform for celebs anyhow.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Einstein Mon 25 Nov 2013, 22:36

it's me wrote:are you so sure?
he can, only for fun, have one or more 'fake' accounts
so to answer here and there...

GeorgeClooney exactly has determined a fake account on Facebook .... it would be stupid if he does not have .... and Clooney is not stupid, he is very intelligent!! And I say that as Einstein!! Wink
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 22:56

Well I understand what he means. One wrong tweet or fb update can do damage.

Build 100 skyscrapers, and no one calls you a skyscraper builder.
But, suck one cock....
Just like that.

Personally I find it really informative if someone is or is not heavily involved in "social media". If a guy says he has fb, twitter or linked in, there is hardly anything he could say that loses my interest faster and totally.
If I was a celebrity myself, I´d probably join there, all spectrum, with a strategy. Instagramming pics of bratwurst or something just the fun of it. Razz 

Sory, I tried to sleep but no, I´m awake.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 26 Nov 2013, 00:00

Okay Nicky have a nice cup of tea. Do have to watch what you say I've been shut down a few times. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:33

I think George understands the point of twitter, but it's just not for him. He's seen what happens when it goes wrong (two exes had issues while dating him) so I think he just wants to stay well away.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" Empty GC, and Social Media. Is it time to use The Horses Mouth?

Post by What Would He Say Sun 20 Jul 2014, 16:33

I don't like social media....and blame it for much that is wrong in our world today.  Take the two terrorist events this week..... would they ever have happened without social media?  

However, I  know one thing, in business you have to have it.....simple....... It's a top priority....... It gets your message out there.

GTC, is a business, not his private life, that's erm private....but riddled with wild speculation.

I just wonder, if much of this speculation could be kicked into touch, by a small infrequent Instagram account........ he doesn't have to go the FULL TWITTER, OR FB........just a sensitive little Instagram.

I think he can lead a pretty "undercover life" very much not bothered by anyone........  but every now and then, when he does just that......... he seems to be in a position where he feels (I don't know what he feels, just wild speculation, see above) he has to put himself "out there" ........Fans make it clear when he is long absent...... they worry about him being in Sudan or whatever..... and then we have the (staged) shoots.....

I'm not saying he should......... I'm just asking the question from the ladies who know him well...what do you think?

If tomorrow he posted an Instagram of a bird flying over Lake Como and his feet up on the balcony......would it be more real than all the DM inches they make up?

It comes down to control, his control.

I'm just going to do a DM interpretation of the picture of me on my holliers..... I've attached pic.

The DM article would tell a very different story from the reality of the image....

"George Clooney fan caught with George between her thighs, on remote tropical paradise island, source confirms"

However the reality IS this....one for the Instagram account I think. Cool  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

For those who don't know thats Peppa Pig's brother George.  I love that George too.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 20 Jul 2014, 17:53

Laughing out loud  Nice legs....shame about the
"Wrong George" wwhs !!!!

You could have found out SO much for us all here !

Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 20 Jul 2014, 19:59

WWHS - Don't know if he needs to Instagram. Seems like a lot of the people around him do it - enough so that he doesn't have to. And as you pointed out, it can always be misinterpreted.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 20 Jul 2014, 21:22

too complicated to open a 'true' window
he should do it only if no comments are allowed
or it will never ends

but doing such thing he could be scolded

no way IMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 21 Jul 2014, 20:04

Instagram...Twitter it is all social media, kind of the same topic that's why I merged the threads.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Tue 22 Jul 2014, 01:30

Did George call his friends "morons" for having Twitter accounts?
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:02

Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:06

I think he's right - at least about Facebook - and it isn't just celebrities. I have a family member who recently gave birth to her first child. She didn't call anyone. She didn't send out announcements. She posted the news on her Facebook page -period!

Surprise, surprise! Half the family didn't know the baby was born and she couldn't understand why they weren't sending congratulations (and presents). Maybe if she had shown the same interest in us as she expected from us, she would have gotten a warmer response to the good news. Not everyone has the time or inclination to follow her life on a daily basis.

I think Facebook turns a lot of people into social morons.
(Sorry for the rant. I'm done.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:19

Oh dear Lizzy....seems more like ego to me.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:40

Jo - Don't know if it's ego or just that they're so used to keeping in contact with Facebook that they forget not everyone uses it. I'll take a good old fashioned phone call any day.  Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 22 Jul 2014, 17:57

LizzyNY wrote:Jo - Don't know if it's ego or just that they're so used to keeping in contact with Facebook that they forget not everyone uses it.

I'll take a good old fashioned phone call any day.  Smile 

Oh me too.....but texting seems to be the norm here in UK.
And I do see some FB pages where Mom & daughter are talking to each other
during the evening !

To each her own I suppose.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 23 Jul 2014, 13:16

It just occurred to me that maybe arranging a photoshoot with a magazine is just easier and less time-consuming for George than using Instagram or Twitter. He's going to be followed by the paps anyway, so there will always be coverage in the media and everywhere he goes fans (and sometimes his friends) Instagram photos of him .His humanitarian causes have websites of their own for anyone who's interested. Is what he and his publicists do really that different from what people do on social media? Just a different platform.

I'm sure he spends plenty of time emailing, texting, skypeing and conference calling for business and with his friends and family. He probably feels (just guessing) that he gets more than enough coverage so why waste his time adding to it .Seems like it all gets out there anyway.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 23 Jul 2014, 18:58

yep
maybe it's like that

it's enough
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 23 Jul 2014, 23:14

Oh, here I am coming to the party late, and without a bottle of wine, to boot.  He probably has a very private account.. if Rande has one, he probably does too.  I think his public dislike for it falls on the tall shoulders of Stacey big mouth Keibler.  Didn't she twitter everyone got food poisoning at an Italy restaurant, and the owner went crazy. Along with heaven only knows what else about their relationship.( at Golden Globes she twittered my man whatever...)By the way, who the hell twitters at the Golden Globes, besides dim wits?
And , I may be wrong, didn't Amal close her account shortly after being linked to the man?  Or at least a public account.  Shortly after George's moron comment.

So, to summarize.everyone in Clooneyland probably has an account- kept amongst themselves.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 23 Jul 2014, 23:24

PS... I love when you all rant.  You drive home your points, and still can make the glass of milk I'm drinking shoot out of my nose. TMI ??

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next