George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up

5 posters

Go down

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  Empty New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up

Post by theminis Sat 09 Nov 2013, 05:17

http://www.news.com.au/world/first-look-world-trade-center-lights-up-new-york/story-fndir2ev-1226756379162

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  World_12
MORE than 12 years after a terrorist attack shook the world New York City can again gaze upon the World Trade Center, after the first test of the new tower's spire lit up Manhattan.  

The developers of the new World Trade Center tested the lights on the spire of the building on Friday night (local time), as hundreds of red, white and blue LED modules illuminated lower Manhattan.

The glow of the modules can be seen for up to 50 miles (80km), according to the Port Authority.

Residents of New York took to Twitter to celebrate the feat.

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  World_10

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  World_11

One World Trade Center remains under construction and is expected to open next year.

The new World Trade Center stands as a monument to those killed in the terrorist attacks.

A committee of world building heights experts met in Chicago to decide whether a design change that affects the 408-foot needle disqualifies it from being counted as the nation's tallest skyscraper. The committee will announce its decision next week.

The Burj Khalifa, in Dubai, is currently world's tallest building, standing 2,722 feet (830 meters).
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  Empty Re: New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up

Post by playfuldeb Sat 09 Nov 2013, 06:22

Nice. I bet there was a lot of celebrating in NYC over this !
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up  Empty Re: New York - World Trade Center - Spire Lights Up

Post by Joanna Sat 09 Nov 2013, 09:54

That's a great sight !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:52

Superb structure.
Lit spire in flame red would make it look like an illuminated candle at night. Especially from up in the air.
Very Happy

Hope there is an observation skybar.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:36

so how many instead of the previous 2?

btw want to remember all victims and families
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 10 Nov 2013, 02:01

or maybe the trade center is flipping off our enemies as if saying you may take away our towers, but you'll never take away our country
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 10 Nov 2013, 09:48

that for sure Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down