George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur

2 posters

Go down

Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur Empty Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur

Post by Mazy Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:57

Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur

October 14, 2013 - 18:18

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Three peacekeepers from Senegal were killed and one injured in Sudan's Darfur region on Sunday when armed men attacked their convoy, the United Nations said.
Law and order has collapsed in much of Darfur, where mainly African tribes took up arms in 2003 against the Arab-led government in Khartoum, which they accuse of discriminating against them.

One of the world's largest peacekeeping forces, a joint African Union/United Nations operation known as UNAMID, has been deployed in the region since 2007.

"All too often UNAMID peacekeepers are attacked and killed in the line of duty, while helping the Sudanese bring peace to Darfur. These attacks are unacceptable," a spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a statement.

"The secretary-general calls on the government of Sudan to bring those responsible to justice," the spokesman said.

Violence has surged since January as government forces, rebels and Arab tribes, armed by Khartoum early in the conflict, fight over resources and land. Peacekeepers are often attacked when they try to find out what is happening on the ground.

(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; editing by Christopher Wilson)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur Empty Re: Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur

Post by it's me Tue 15 Oct 2013, 22:31

sometimes you think you can't bear such news
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur Empty Re: Three Senegalese Peacekeepers Killed In Sudan's Darfur

Post by Mazy Wed 16 Oct 2013, 01:54

I know IM it gets to me but I don't feel right if I don't check these out and tweet about them or post them to my facebook wall. There are so many that I don't put here, if it's ever too much let me know I won't post them.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down