George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown Empty George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown

Post by ... Wed 02 Oct 2013, 19:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NEW YORK (AP) — George Clooney knows the country is going through a tough time with the government shutdown. But the actor is optimistic that “cooler heads will prevail” and let things get back to normal.

He applauded U.S. Rep. Peter King (R-NY) as one of the “guys on the right,” trying to get the government back up and running.

“I know for a fact that there’s a lot of guys on the right, Peter King, for instance, and some people like that, who are also doing the best they can to stop this from happening or to put an end to it,” Clooney said.

He added: “You just hope that it happens soon.”

King has spoken out against Tea Party Republican Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

Clooney made the comments at the New York premiere of his new film, “Gravity.”

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown Empty Re: George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown

Post by Carla97 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 20:16

Well I understand and agree what he is saying.
This shutdown can become a multi-billion dollar hit to economy if it drags on.
The 14th October and the whole week will be interesting...
Ruthless people do not care. But it actually affects about million people and their families.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown Empty Re: George Clooney's comment on US government shutdown

Post by it's me Wed 02 Oct 2013, 20:49

maybe republicans are showing their worse side
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:12

I hope George meant rep. King from IA who esorted WWII vets to the monument in their honor that was closed due to O's admin. shut down. Rep King from NY is a progressive at best.
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 03 Oct 2013, 06:09

I think I read it in the times that since 1977 the US had 17 shut downs If I remember correctly. And normally they last around 2-3 days. So I guess they are used to it now. Gets only worst if they can not fix it until 17th October.

But yes it looks bad on all of them. Behave like in a kindergarten.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum