George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes

+6
Carla97
amaretti
Joanna
playfuldeb
silly girl
lelacorb
10 posters

Go down

George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes Empty George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes

Post by lelacorb Thu 12 Sep 2013, 15:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 03:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed thread title)
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes Empty Re: George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes

Post by silly girl Thu 12 Sep 2013, 16:14

He does have a distinctive art style....looks like Dick Van Dyke....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes Empty Re: George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes

Post by playfuldeb Thu 12 Sep 2013, 17:53

Im having a hard time making out this drawing. I also cannot read what is written under the peace sign. Anyone else having better luck than me?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:18

playfuldeb wrote:Im having a hard time making out this drawing. I also cannot read what is written under the peace sign. Anyone else having better luck than me?

It's what he's been writing on all his artwork over the years.....

"By Any Means"
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 12 Sep 2013, 19:22

Thanks . I could not make it out . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 21:13

Sounds good " by any means". I couldn´t see it either and my eyesight was pretty near perfect last time it was checked. Smile

Joanna: what artwork are you talking about?
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 12 Sep 2013, 22:17

thanks Joanna - I never noticed it before either!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 12 Sep 2013, 23:36

Just added the rest of the info for whatever it takes, video is not new.

Bottle-George-Clooney
TASTING INFORMATION DOWNLOADS
Type of wine: Red
Oak aging: 4 months
Grape Varieties: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alcohol content: 13%

Recommended for: red meat, rice, roasts and sausages.
Serve at: 16-18 º C

This red wine (100% Cabernet Sauvignon), reproduces the design donated by GEORGE CLOONEY.
The concept is simple WHATEVER IT TAKES. "Celebrities" from all walks donate 30 minutes of your time to design a symbol of hope, to draw a small self-portrait and write a message of hope for the future.

The campaign has met more than 640 celebrities.
These works are used to create products under ethical working conditions, environment and using sustainable materials whenever possible. The royalties from the sales of these products go to 21st Century Leaders Ltd., which uses net income to support charitable projects in developing countries, including projects proposed by the celebrities themselves.

Whatever it Takes thank Bodegas Vicente Gandia commitment to achieve a minimum of € 450,000 that will come from the sale of this collection of wines to "21st Century Leaders" who will go to key projects related to global development, the fight against poverty, environmental conservation and the protection of children.

More Information
Copyright © 2013 21st Century Leaders & Trade plus Aid. All rights reserved.
botella-George-Clooney
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
INFORMACIÓN FICHA DE CATA DESCARGAS
Tipo de vino: Tinto
Roble envejecido: 4 meses
Variedades de uva: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Grado alcohólico: 13%
Recomendado para: Carnes rojas, arroces, asados y embutidos.
Servir a: 16-18ºC

Este vino tinto (100% Cabernet Sauvignon), reproduce el diseño donado por GEORGE CLOONEY.
El concepto de WHATEVER IT TAKES es simple. “Celebrities” de todos los ámbitos donan 30 minutos de su tiempo para diseñar un símbolo de esperanza, para dibujar un pequeño autorretrato y escribir un mensaje de esperanza para el futuro.
La campaña ha reunido a más de 640 celebrities.

Estas obras se utilizan para crear productos bajo condiciones laborales éticas, ambientales y utilizando materiales sostenibles siempre que sea posible. Las royalties de las ventas de estos productos van a 21st Century Leaders Ltd., que utiliza sus ingresos netos para apoyar proyectos de caridad en los países en desarrollo, incluidos los proyectos propuestos por las propias celebrities.
Whatever it Takes agradece a Bodegas Vicente Gandía el compromiso para alcanzar un mínimo de 450.000€ que saldrán de la venta de esta colección de vinos para “21st Century Leaders” que irán a parar a proyectos claves relacionados con el desarrollo global, la lucha contra la pobreza, la conservación del Medio Ambiente y la protección de los niños.
Más Información

Copyright © 2013 21st Century Leaders & Trade plus Aid.  All rights reserved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 12 Sep 2013, 23:45

what did the grape say when it was stepped on? Nothing. It just let out a little whine
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Sep 2013, 23:58

In the vid the girl said he write back to ppl asking for

HU!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:03

playfuldeb wrote:what did the grape say when it was stepped on? Nothing. It just let out a little whine
ha ha ha that was cute
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:10

George's art work is here.....

I have two mugs and a plate
with it on.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:29

Joanna wrote:
George's art work is here.....

I have two mugs and a plate
with it on.

Thanks sooo much Joanna it says you can copy with-in their guidelines so I will post it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:23

Or, instead of reposting the same Whatever It Takes stuff all over again, we can visit the original thread where this was all originally shared:  http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t173-whatever-it-takes#93958

---------------------------------

Thanks for the story, Lelacorb. I wondered what had happened about this wine maker: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:35

So sorry Katie I didn't know there was another thread.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:07

No, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to sound snarky.  It's just that I put so much effort into this forum so we have information about George Clooney that new fans can find and read and comment on.  

I just get frustrated that stuff keeps coming up and treated as completely new when it's not. But that's my problem, not yours and I didn't mean to be grumpy about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:46

Not a problem have a good night.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:10

I was just responding to a query by Carla on this thread about George's art work and showing her where she
could see it.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:18

[quote="Katiedot"]Or, instead of reposting the same Whatever It Takes stuff all over again, we can visit the original thread where this was all originally shared:  http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t173-whatever-it-takes#93958

I did a search here on COH for "art work" and had 350 results with " work" in.
I searched on Google and found the correct link so I could let Carla know where to see George's art work.

I didn't know it would cause a problem.

Btw.....that link to whatever it takes isn't a "live" one.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:23

Joanna wrote:I did a search here on COH for "art work" and had 350 results with " work" in.
I searched on Google and found the correct link so I could let Carla know where to see George's art work.

I didn't know it would cause a problem.

Btw.....that link to whatever it takes isn't a "live" one.
 Ooops, let's try this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It didn't cause a problem.  I just vented my frustration at posters assuming there's no information on this site and posting old stuff as though it's all brand new.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Sep 2013, 13:23

But a fairly new poster wouldn't know that George's art work was posted under "George Clooney's charities" thread.
Even I didn't know it was there so long ago.

I was just trying to be helpful !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 13 Sep 2013, 17:49

Joanna, nobody's having a go at you. When I first became a fan of George's I spent literally weeks and months reading through old posts in the forum I was on to find out more about him. Even a new poster should be able to figure out that something George has been involved in for years would already be mentioned on a fan site.

I created this site to be a fund of information about George that fans, new and old, can dig into and I sometimes get frustrated that this doesn't happen. I have already apologised for expressing my feelings. When you spend as long as I do trying to create a site like this you'll understand.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 Sep 2013, 01:47

Katiedot wrote: Even a new poster should be able to figure out that something George has been involved in for years would already be mentioned on a fan site.

I created this site to be a fund of information about George that fans, new and old, can dig into and I sometimes get frustrated that this doesn't happen.
It frequently does not happen. And it's not just the newer posters. "yay I found an article and I'm going to post it", and they either don't pay attention or don't have enough George knowledge to know that it's probably in the archives. Now, I'm all for re-living some George news, especially when he goes underground, but bring up the old thread, a new one is not necessary to create. I agree with Joanna in posting the artwork link. However, there are several posters who expect others to find the same things that they, themselves, could find by the same means. Knowledge is a wonderful tool, and I am very, very, VERY appreciative of all the info that many have contributed.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 03:43

i'm not re-hashing this little incident over and done with.

However maybe in the "What you need to know first" thread we could have a refresher on how to search the site for info. I have tried many times to see where to put something or for info and have had very little success.

I usually go to Google to search which in it self is frustrating. Also a lot of the the time it will point me to a page in COH, that I didn't find while here.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Sep 2013, 03:58

It's common sense, not sure how further to explain it. If it happened in the past three years, then for sure it's on this site because this site is three years old.  If it happened a long time ago and was a big event, then it's likely to be on this site.  If it's something that's new, then as I keep saying, feel free to start a new thread.

I would always prefer it if people start new threads because it's a lot easier for me to move them around if needed. Just please don't take mammoth offence when I move it is all I ask.

I agree that the search feature on this site is rubbish.  Why do you think I spend so much time changing thread titles and moving them around so they're in the right place?  It's to make things easier to find.  

Take a look at the title of this thread for example, 'George and the wine'.  It means next to nothing and we'll have a heck of a job finding it again in a few months.  I'm going to change it to 'George Clooney designs wine bottle for the charity Whatever It Takes'.  

I also use google to search this site.  You just type in your search term in google and add "site:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] afterwards and it'll pull all the results from COH.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 04:11

Thanks Katie very much that helps. Also I never care if you change, move or even delete anything that I have posted as you know more what's here than any of us. Thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum