I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Was George or Rosemary ever hit by lightening, either direct or in a vehicle; plane, boat, car, bus.....???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was George or Rosemary ever hit by lightening, either direct or in a vehicle; plane, boat, car, bus.....???

Post by What Would He Say on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:18

HELLO ALL

I don't know where to put this...so I'm putting it here

Important Question

I would really appreciate knowing....I am sure if either were, someone here would know???

Many Thanks..wwhs
What Would He Say
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: Was George or Rosemary ever hit by lightening, either direct or in a vehicle; plane, boat, car, bus.....???

Post by Joanna on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:26

I replied on the chat thread.

Ask Google or Ask Jeeves. Some information may be forthcoming from there. Nina didn't mention it in her biographies.

Can I ask why you ask ?
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Re: Was George or Rosemary ever hit by lightening, either direct or in a vehicle; plane, boat, car, bus.....???

Post by it's me on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:32

Hu

Who knows.... I dunno

Is it a recent thing?
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:48

What the hell? That came out of left field.
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 14:01

I think I made a mistake....I think by it's nature this would NOT be in the public domain...

I have pm'd our friend miguelferrerfan, who posts here, to see if she/he can find out via twitter....as I think this is Rosemary not George....but we will wait and see

I also could be barking up the wrong tree, or simply barking mad. take your pick.......to be cont;
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 19:17

I googled it pretty extensively and couldn
t come up with anything about George or Rosemary being struck by lightning. Martha Stewart claims she has been hit three times
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 20:25

Ohh thanks so much playfuldeb,  I did a bit in between work and found nothing.....if it did happen, then it's down to a friend or family member remembering, (nothing on record)....and knowing that  I'm looking....Poor Dante's only just gone, and he might have known.... Sad  Heard nothing yet from COH member migualferrerfan but it's early days...

I won't throw the towel in just yet....x
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 21:18

I don´t think it has happened.
Very bad things happen, when a lightning strikes a human. There is about 300kV of energy coursing through you. The heat is up to 27760 degrees C, causing third degree burns at the strike´s entry and exit points. So no, I don´t think so.
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 21:34

I hope no!! affraid 
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:38

WWHS i don't know what you saw or what this relates to in your mind, But I found this article. I'm only posting the portion that mentions George's name because it might mean nothing.

Title of the article is:
JANUARY 11, 2013 10:50 PM EDT
'Glee''s Chris Colfer On 'Struck By Lightning': Not Another Teen Orientation Story

You’ve worked closely with Ryan Murphy on Glee and also read for Dustin Lance Black’s 8; what’s the biggest takeaway you’ve gotten from working with folks like these over the past few years?
With 8, my involvement was very easy – I got a call asking, Would you like to do this? It was an amazing experience and I think what I learned the most from it was I love people’s stories. I love picking people’s brains. So whenever I get to be in a room, whether it’s Polly Bergen or Allison Janney or George Clooney, or Dustin or Ryan, I’m always picking people’s brains. That’s my favorite thing in the world, just hearing about experiences.

http://movieline.com/2013/01/11/glees-chris-colfer-on-struck-by-lightning-not-another-teen-orientation-story/
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:46

Struck By Lightning

Interesting article, love Chris too

I only now got it
You mean by a woman
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 09:07

Mazy, thanks. Maybe one tiny thing in that article resonates, or could be seen as YET another sign!
and it again, some how feels right that you found it because of your strong link to Darfur. I don't know what to do. I am a bit out of my depth here. BUT. Not giving up on this yet. Haven't heard from Miguel fan yet maybe today.....thanks again....x
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:04

To be honest, if someone so famous had been hit by lightning, we'd know about it so you can be pretty sure it hasn't happened.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:13

No Katie...this might be many years ago, I don't know, but maybe 50's....the age of "No Twitter" etc;

What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:17

it's me wrote:Struck By Lightning

Interesting article, love Chris too

I only now got it
You mean by a woman

NO, NOTHING TO DO WITH A WOMEN....SORRY GALS...NO ROMANCE....Exclamation 
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:18

Katiedot wrote:To be honest, if someone so famous had been hit by lightning, we'd know about it so you can be pretty sure it hasn't happened.

what would he say wrote:

No Katie...this might be many years ago, I don't know, but maybe 50's....the age of "No Twitter" etc;

Well, I'm sure if this would have happend to George I'm sure he would have talked about it or mention it as this is SOEMTHING to talk about......  Not everyone gets hit by lightning. So I think too it never happened.
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:22

I got hit by lightening...and after a few years totally forgot about it.....Until I was reminded...it happens...
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:25

You?
Really?
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:31

How can yo forget something like that? You must be good in blocking something out of your life   Shocked
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:38

NO, IT'S OK
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:55

Nicky80 wrote:How can yo forget something like that? You must be good in blocking something out of your life   Shocked
It's not always as drastic as it sounds it can be though. Husband number one was in the barn working/playing what ever and got hit through the open door his feet got black because he was standing in a bit of water.Another one the lighting through the phone wire and she got shocked, never would use a landline phone again in a storm. Where I lived in Florida for about ten years is the "Lighting Capital of the World.' Were you hurt bad or anything WWHS or did it change you at all?
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 00:00

Hi Mazy, no not at all...didn't change a thing I was doing that day...ppl who saw it happen got more of a shock than me....
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 04:57

what would he say wrote:No Katie...this might be many years ago, I don't know, but maybe 50's....the age of "No Twitter" etc;
Rosemary Clooney was known from the time she was a teenager and there's lot of media coverage of her entire life.  Like with George, if she'd been hit by lightening, it would have come up in an interview at some point.  

George would certainly have mentioned being struck by lightening because it makes a great interesting story.  

I don't follow Rosemary Clooney so don't have the facts of her life to hand. I'm assuming you checked and didn't find out anything. My feeling is, if she had been hit by lightning, maybe there's a remote chance that nobody in her incredibly gregarious and media-friendly family somehow never mentioned it to anyone, but it's very unlikely. If you couldn't find anything it's most likely because it never happened.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 06:03

incredibly gregarious and media-friendly family

Nice definition Smile
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 06:05

Nicky80 wrote:How can yo forget something like that? You must be good in blocking something out of your life   Shocked

Blocking
Interesting way to express this too
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by FanMiguelFerrer on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 19:00

That's a strange question! I'm sure you have your reasons, i just wish you'd tell us, maybe I missed it. I've personally never heard anything about either of them being struck by lightning, I think we would have heard. I could ask Miguel, but I don't think I will because he'll think I'm nuts! If I do hear anything I'll let you know.

FanMiguelFerrer
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 21:33

FanMiguelFerrer wrote:That's a strange question! I'm sure you have your reasons, i just wish you'd tell us, maybe I missed it. I've personally never heard anything about either of them being struck by lightning, I think we would have heard. I could ask Miguel, but I don't think I will because he'll think I'm nuts! If I do hear anything I'll let you know.

Oh I don't know....it might open up an interesting long chat ? Lol 

Of course being struck by lightening may leave the effect of memory loss anyway
On the recipient.

My husband's mother once saw a fiery thunder bolt roll out of the fireplace and
Out through the open back door when she was a child. In the old days they always left doors open during a severe thunder storm for that purpose.
Open in a severe thunderstorm for that reason.
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 22:02

Oh! Never heard
Amazing!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 23:24

FanMiguelFerrer wrote:That's a strange question! I'm sure you have your reasons, i just wish you'd tell us, maybe I missed it. I've personally never heard anything about either of them being struck by lightning, I think we would have heard. I could ask Miguel, but I don't think I will because he'll think I'm nuts! If I do hear anything I'll let you know.

FMF.....Thank you so much, you are very kind.  Do ask Migual, he won't think your nuts IF he remembers something! and if he doesn't you can join me on the nutty bench....lightening happens everyday....if not today, then tomorrow....so until maybe you hear something...my reasons are ssshhhh  Wink
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum