Re: The House Rules

Post by ronniesingh on Thu Feb 27 2014, 10:00

Happy to join this House.....

ronniesingh
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Thu Feb 27 2014, 11:59

Welcome to the forum ronniesingh   Hello!

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Anu on Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:37

It's okay with the rules and i'm so happy to find this amazing forum about GC.

Anu
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:39

Welcome to the forum Anu  Hello!

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Anu on Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:46

Thank you Nicky! Embarassed 

Anu
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Mar 16 2014, 21:48

ciao Anu  Hello! 

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anu on Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:34

Ceao it's me!

Anu
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy on Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:46

Echos again?  Laughing

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Apr 05 2014, 04:55

Bringing this up to the forefront again.  If you're new to this site please go to the first page and read the first post.

And Folks -- some of you currently posting need to read rule #6 AGAIN.

So those of you posting with multiple names pick one and stick to it cause it's getting very tedious dealing with all your personas.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Sat Apr 05 2014, 08:17

no 6

email addresses, physical address and computer IP address

What's the physical address and computer ip address

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sat Apr 05 2014, 09:15

Im thinking that physical address may pertain to you where you reside, not your actual street address but like in my case Australia. But honestly I don't know, Ive read these things a million times but didn't pick up on physical address part.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu Nov 27 2014, 01:20

A reminder of the house rules is below:

1. No name calling.
We're not in school any more, so let's let go of the name calling. And that's the rule for whether you're talking to another poster or writing about someone in George's world. It's simple good manners and if you can't find a kind word to say, be sure we'll all see what sort of a person you really are.

2. No repetition
Everyone has the right to an opinion. Everyone. But you don't need to express it over and over and over and over again. Once is plenty. If someone disagrees with your views, you can explain yourself again, allow them to explain their point of view again and then you should both leave it.

3. About George's girlfriends
This house's opinion is that George can date who he wants, when he wants and any way he wants. As long as he isn't breaking the law, we're fine with it. Anyone who does have issues with the kind of women he dates might want to find another discussion forum; we're not into censorious prudes tutting over suspected bad behaviour. Again, if you feel the need to criticise, pick apart and bitch about someone you've never met and who's done you no harm, ask yourself why. Does it make you feel better? Superior? Remember, what you write says more about you than it ever could about his girlfriend.

4. Keep it legal
Please don't post copyrighted images or articles here without permission. And unless you have legal, documented evidence that someone is a prostitute or has sex with an abnormally high number of people, please leave the libellous name calling on your side of the screen and off the forum.

Also, even though it's not illegal as such to take things from other sites - particularly other Clooney sites - it is bad manners. If you want to share something from somewhere else please credit the person and/or site who found it first.

5. No brown nosing
George Clooney doesn't read here, and neither does anyone associated with him. So be yourself and don't try to impress imaginary visitors with your fawning opinions about his lifestyle, looks and acting.

6. No duplicate identities
We love you just as you are. Really, we do, so there's no need to pretend to be different people. Please don't set up multiple accounts with different names. And definitely don't pretend to be anyone else on this forum. If I find a poster is using more than one identity (in other words pretending to be different people) then I will ban that poster and I will post her email addresses, physical address and computer IP address in this forum. If you need to re-register or change your username for whatever reason, just introduce yourself again as "Hello, I'm ABC and I used to post as ZYX before my computer crashed and I had to reset" just so we know who we're talking with.

7. No conspiracy theories
If you know something 'secret' about George either tell us in full, or keep quiet about it. Not interested in "I know something you don't know" games. Likewise, we don't believe George is secretly in love with anyone else and if you believe you're his secret love, you'll be so happy and fulfilled that you won't need find a self-esteem boost by posting on a fan forum, will you? None of his friends or lovers post here, so if you're really in his inner circle, neither should you.

8. Don't pet the sweaty stuff
George is [always/often/sometimes/occasionally/rarely (delete as appropriate)] a wonderful man and therefore attracts many fans. While most of us are here to catch up on his news and have a bit of fun, some take it a little bit more seriously. George has security guards wherever he goes but we don't have that luxury, so please let your common sense be our security. In the past, we've found out the hard way that it's not always easy to spot those with, let's say mental health issues, until it's too late. If there's a poster who seems a little 'off', intense or otherwise not entirely there, please don't respond and just ignore her posts. Tell me if you have any concerns and let me handle it.

9. This is a no-holds barred forum
We don't do taboo. If it's Clooney-related, feel free to discuss it, question it, raise it, post it, poll it, whatever 'it' may be - religion, sex, politics etc etc etc. All I ask is the following three points: 1. It must be directly Clooney-related, 2. It must be legal (let's not break international obscenity laws, please!) and 3. Play nicely.

10. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!
Not feeling the love? Try a new position and see how that goes.

------------------------------------------

I'm also adding a few notes on the house style here for clarification:

How to post
When you post please always include a link to the website where you got it from. If you're quoting something from a magazine or newspaper please state the name of the publication and the date it was published.

When you post something from another website, as well as giving the link please also copy and paste the text from that site. The reason for this is twofold: firstly it makes life easier for everyone because they don't have to go to another website to read what you've posted, and secondly if that website updates, moves or deletes the article then it's gone forever. If you post it on this site then it stays here.

Thread titles: I'd really appreciate if you can make the title of a new thread something everyone can easily understand what it's about. For example: "Video of George Clooney being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in 2008" is a good title. "Video" or “What do you think of this” is not.

When you're posting, I prefer to have a new thread for each new bit of news. This can sometimes need a bit of judgment: for example should you post a sighting on the 'Where is George Now' thread or start a new thread? The rule of thumb is if it has pictures or you think a couple of people are likely to comment on it, then start a new thread.

The same goes for his girlfriends. If his girlfriend is doing something new and you think people will want to discuss it, then start a new thread. If it's not so exciting or you think it won't get much comment then put it on the general thread.

If you make a mistake, I can move posts around. Remember that it's much easier for me to merge two threads together than try to separate one thread into two.

Where to post :
If it's a story about George then post in the news section. If it's a story about George and Grant then post it in the news section not in the Grant thread. If it’s a story about George and Stan then post it in the news section, not the Stan thread. If it's a story about George and his house then post it in the news section and not in his house’s thread. If it's a story about George and his girlfriend then post it in the news section and not the girlfriend's thread. If it's a story ONLY about his girlfriend and doesn't feature George at all then – and then only - post it in the Girls Girls Girls section.

Posting about George's girlfriends:
When George is dating someone, his girlfriend is a feature in his life and an object of interest to his fans. With that in mind, I don't forbid people writing about her in any of the threads in any of the forums (assuming the post is relevant of course).

What I do ask from every poster here is to use a little self-control when posting about the girlfriend. This is a George Clooney site and I hope his fans would show more of an interest in him than his girlfriend. If a person only wants to write about his girlfriend I ask them to take the conversation to the girlfriend's thread and not to bore all the George Clooney fans with posts about his girlfriend on every thread.

I would suggest that if you’re in a George Clooney thread and already two or three people have commented about his girlfriend then ask yourself if what you were going to post about her adds anything new or insightful to the conversation. If you really must post, then go to the girlfriend’s thread and post it there.

Tone of posts
Please understand that I will always come down harder on negative and critical posts than on positive ones. Two reasons for that:

Firstly, there's a tendency among posters to run away with the negativity and if it's not kept in check the forum turns into one grand bitchfest of spitefulness and mean comments. If anyone only wants to write mean things about George and/or his girlfriends because it’s their idea of ‘fun’ then by all means do so, but not on this forum. This is my site and I don't want it to become the home of the catty posters. I hate to sound hippie here, but relentless negativity is not healthy for anyone and when your mother told you "If you can't say something nice then say nothing at all" she had a point.

That doesn't mean that every single post has to be happy clappy and cheerful. That would be weird. Really weird. Just temper the negativity.

Secondly, this is a much smaller consideration but it's still a consideration. George has always been very lenient with what happens online and I don't expect that to change, however, this is my forum and if he (or anyone associated with him) ever gets pissed off at what's written here then I'm the one who gets the letter from the lawyers and potentially faces a libel court case because of things other posters have said. I don't think this would happen but keep it in mind when you post.

The whole opinions, discussion and freedom of speech thing
In an ideal world I’d say posters can write whatever they want. Sadly this gets abused, so on this site freedom of speech does not mean freedom to be as nasty as you want to be. We’re all adults here so a little self-control should work just fine.

With regards to opinions, there are wrong opinions. For example, if someone posted that the only bad thing about the 2004 tsunami was that not enough foreign people died then I hope everyone here would agree that that opinion is wrong and not acceptable. Luckily we rarely discuss such important matters but the principle is the same: you may have an opinion but that doesn’t mean your opinion is right just because it’s your opinion.

Which brings me to the next point: this is a discussion forum and not a soap box. This means that the conversation is two-way and inevitably different people will see things in a different way. If a poster disagrees with another poster’s opinion, it’s not an attack. It’s a discussion. Please treat it as such. If you’re so sensitive that you get upset because someone disagrees with your opinion then ask yourself if a discussion forum is the right place for you.

Remember, you don't ever have to reply to another poster if you don't want to.

Finally, if you read something in the forum that you find offensive or think breaks these rules in a major way then please bring it to my attention by sending a PM. I don’t always see everything and I’m not online 24/7.

To let you all know, I've banned Globalchick (and two of her alter egos that I'm aware of; no doubt more will come out of the woodwork) and Atalante for constant breaking of the rules despite many requests from the mods.

Free speech is one thing; hate speech and abuse is another and I'm not interested in their bullshit masquerading as free speech on this site.

I would also remind you that there are nasty libel laws, particularly in the UK where Amal is a practicing lawyer, and I'm not interested in having to defend myself and this site because of the crap put on here by some obsessed poster who can't get over the fact that Clooney didn't choose her.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Thu Nov 27 2014, 13:42

Thanks Katie Thumbs up!

Just a thought.....where the rules refer to
"girlfriends" do you think some word changes
might be appropriate now ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone on Thu Nov 27 2014, 17:21

Word changes-  a term or phrase that includes family, wife, friends significant others, etc?  only putting my 2 cents worth in this is Katiedots forum and I respect her & the mods, and on thanksgiving want to express my gratitude for running a tight ship.  thank you

my philosphy?  George's involvements are his business, his choice he does what he wants with who or what he wants.  

Done before I dig myself into a trench here......

iamnoone
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Thu Nov 27 2014, 19:03

Happy Thanksgiving ! Thanks Katie ! Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Tue May 05 2015, 07:42

Found two things that pretty much sum up the house rules for me:

1. Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.

2. How you make others feel about themselves says a lot about you.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Tue May 05 2015, 17:54

Thumbs up!

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Thu Aug 27 2015, 20:44

There is one house rule which I find very important.

10. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!
Not feeling the love? Try a new position and see how that goes.

I think we all let some steam out lately. No Need to discuss why and who's fault it is. Fact is something is not working. We all have a real live, a full time Job, and enough stress we don't need the anger here in this Forum.

Yes the Forum has changed. So does the world everyday. It will never be the same. We need to adapt to changes but also not get run over by it.

We do have an Amal section and we like to keep all Amal conversations in this section. All other threads should be about George. For example. If we have a new thread in the news section about George and Amal for dinner and you want to talk about her Dress please open a new thread in the Amal section. This way the News thread gets not taken over completely by the "Amal conversation" and people who like to talk about George can do so. All other threads should be related to George and if you can not talk about George then don't post.

In the Amal section, post what you like about Amal, about her Dress, new articles whatever. But we will not have anymore threads like "Who likes Amal"....Each thread you open has to be related to a link (to an article).
Like everyone can post everywhere, we like to remind you yes you can share your critical thoughts the same like the positive once. An example:
If you comment on Amals dress you can share if you like it or not. But we don't want to read anymore talking about Amal's nose or other Body parts. Subject for each thread should be work or Fashion but not her Body parts or character as we do not know her. Also we don't want to read anymore Posts relating to other Posters. We don't want to read anymore calling someone a hater or an Amal Lover or whatever Name were used. We concentrate on the subject. And here comes house rule nr 2:

2. No repetition
Everyone has the right to an opinion. Everyone. But you don't need to express it over and over and over and over again. Once is plenty. If someone disagrees with your views, you can explain yourself again, allow them to explain their point of view again and then you should both leave it.

And I think this is most important. There is no need to convince anyone. It will not happen. Learn when to walk away. Accept the postive the same like the negative.

The issue we have at the moment is not Amal. It is everyone who uses her name to argue about something to have the last word. And it doesn't matter if you are pro or anti Amal. We are all the same.

Now what we will start doing, if we see a conversation getting into what we had in the past, that it is difficult to share opinions, Lorna and I will lock the thread. This is what happened in the past with George ex girlfriend threads and we do not mind to start that again. If you like posting here then make it work.

That's it for the beginning. Anything more I will post again

Thank you

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu Aug 27 2015, 21:27; edited 1 time in total

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu Aug 27 2015, 21:18

Sounds good and fair to me.

annemarie
Clooney Purist

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu Aug 27 2015, 23:08

Thank you Nicky. I know you and Lorna are working really hard to keep the forum going on a fair basis. You're doing a great job and I'm sorry we don't make it any easier for you.

I promise I will try very hard from now on! Give Flowers

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross on Thu Aug 27 2015, 23:08

Nicky and Lorna. thank you.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Fri Aug 28 2015, 00:16

Thank you . Hug1

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 on Fri Aug 28 2015, 03:14

Thanks Nicky. Appreciate all the work you mods do in this forum.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Fri Aug 28 2015, 08:23

me too thanks! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen on Sat Aug 29 2015, 16:26

Where do I send each of you a case of Cassamigo?

You've earned it.   Give Flowers Give Flowers  

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Aug 30 2015, 17:48

PigPen wrote:Where do I send each of you a case of Cassamigo?

You've earned it.   Give Flowers Give Flowers  

I wish I could drink tequila cause I'd like to try this.  But I um, overindulged on tequila slammers one Cinco de Mayo here in Hell-LA years ago and just the smell of it makes me nauseous!  But thanks for the thought!  HA!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Tue Sep 29 2015, 20:11

I have banned user surving. I do not want to repeat the comments which were posted but one thing I want to mention. Every poster is responsible what you post. If you post a picture (without link) which is photoshoped purpose to insult someones face this is a break against the house rules. I do not care who photoshoped it, I do care who post it. Insult in words or pictures is the same. No excuses.

Hope we are clear on that. Thanks

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Sep 29 2015, 20:36

Thanks Nicky,
it really annoyed me how this user behaved. I've already thought to leave this forum because I found it so insulting. But I'm sure he/she will be back...

carolhathaway
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Tue Sep 29 2015, 20:49

Thanks, Nicky. I know I sometimes say things that aren't popular with other posters but I would never post anything as nasty as that photo. I think you did the right thing and I hope it takes a while before Surfing manages to get back on COH with some new identity.

LizzyNY
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Sep 29 2015, 21:52

Just want to add my thanks too Nicky for banning surfing. Her posting of that picture was very offensive and insulting. Inexcusable.

I also appreciate everyone's comments here who have stood up to her and called her out over the past several weeks.

Donnamarie
Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti on Tue Sep 29 2015, 23:27

I agree .  Offensive .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Fri Oct 02 2015, 15:02

Please send a PM to either myself or Nicky if you see something like that.  I know I haven't been on as much lately, (life does get in the way of my love of drooling over George sometimes) and if you could include a link to the specific post that would help.

How you do that is go to that post and then click on the person's name.  It should show you a link in the address bar - copy and then paste that into the PM.  That way we can more easily find the specific post.  Thanks.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin on Mon Oct 05 2015, 10:46

Thanks from me too Lorna and Nicky...I very rarely post on here because I  become a target then....BTW Just back from Lake Como (my bonus from Stan and the CIA LOL)....

Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum