George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Sir David Frost dies aged 74 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sir David Frost dies aged 74

3 posters

Go down

Sir David Frost dies aged 74 Empty Sir David Frost dies aged 74

Post by Picachu Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:33

I didnt know where to put this but was really saddened to hear Sir David had passed away, he was a brilliant man and he did one of my favorite George interviews some years ago, will be sadly missed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23920336

Veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost has died at the age of 74 after a suspected heart attack while on board a cruise ship.

A family statement said he had been giving a speech aboard the Queen Elizabeth on Saturday night.

Sir David's career spanned journalism, comedy writing and daytime television presenting, including The Frost Report.

Internationally, he will be remembered for his revealing interviews with former US President Richard Nixon.

A statement said: "His family are devastated and ask for privacy at this difficult time. A family funeral will be held in the near future and details of a memorial service will be announced in due course."

The BBC's Barney Jones, who edited his Breakfast with Frost programme on the BBC for more than 10 years, said: "David loved broadcasting, did it brilliantly for more than 50 years and was eagerly looking forward to a host of projects - including interviewing the prime minister next week - before his sudden and tragic death. We will all miss him enormously."

Prime Minister David Cameron said: "My heart goes out to David Frost's family. He could be - and certainly was with me - both a friend and a fearsome interviewer."

Born in Kent, Sir David studied at Cambridge University where he became secretary of the Footlights club, and met future comedy greats such as Peter Cook, Graham Chapman and John Bird.

After university he went to work at ITV before he was asked to front the BBC programme That Was The Week That Was, which ran between 1962 and 1963.

Casting a satirical eye over the week's news, the show boasted scriptwriters including John Cleese, John Betjeman and Dennis Potter.

The Frost Report brought together John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett in a sketch show which would influence many comedy writers including the Monty Python Crew.

Sir David's often-mimicked catchphrase "hello, good evening and welcome" was by now in full use.

One of The Frost Report's most enduring pieces was the "class sketch", featuring Cleese, Barker and Corbett.

Last edited by Picachu on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Sir David Frost dies aged 74 Empty Re: Sir David Frost dies aged 74

Post by it's me Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:35

I remember him
Sorry to know
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down