George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference

+6
lelacorb
Katiedot
Carla97
it's me
silly girl
10 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference Empty George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference

Post by silly girl Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:12

Here is Deadline's article..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Venice: Sandra Bullock Calls ‘Gravity’ The “Most Challenging” Thing She’s Ever Done

Gravity blasted into Venice this morning winning huzzahs from the press and upping buzz on the Lido ahead of tonight’s official opening. Helmer Alfonso Cuaron, stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, co-writer Jonas Cuaron and producer David Heyman took the dais for a press conference this afternoon to discuss the challenges of filming a movie set in a weightless environment. There was also talk about Syria, satellites – and even a Ben Affleck as Batman reference.

Alfonso Cuaron said the idea for Gravity was borne from a script his son Jonas had written about two characters stuck in a hostile environment and their journey though adversity. Cuaron said that at the time, adversity was “very present in our lives” so they used it as a point of departure. The satellite debris that destroys Bullock and Clooney’s space shuttle became “a metaphor for adversity.” Bullock’s character, Dr Ryan Stone, has also experienced a tragedy back on Earth that has turned her into “a machine that was a factory for her brain.” A thrust of the narrative is her evolving from someone with no reason to live, to someone who wants to live.

Much of the film is Bullock on her own and the actress said she spent most of her time in a 9’x9’ lightbox or “hanging from 20 foot ceilings.” She called the film, “Physically and mentally, the craziest, most bizarre, challenging thing” she’s ever done. “But you find what you’re made of because if you don’t do it, you’ve destroyed a beautiful story.” Setting the film in a zero-g environment created a big challenge – or as Cuaron termed it, a “mindf***” – because the actors had to learn a whole new set of physics. There were scientific advisers to help. “The actors had to get used to how things act and react in zero-g with no resistance.” The animators also had to learn new rules. “It was the worst case scenario of animation and the worst case scenario for live action film,” Cuaron said.

Related: Venice Film Festival: ‘Gravity’ Exerts Strong Pull At First Screening

Clooney joked he and Bullock had prepared by doing “a lot of Bikram yoga together.” Asked why he chose the part, Clooney turned serious and said, “If you’re lucky enough to be able to make choices, and most actors aren’t, there are three reasons.” He then listed script, director and cast and said he considered that Gravity had the best of those three elements.

Clooney also has another, more coincidental, relationship to Gravity. There are satellites seen throughout the film and Clooney was asked today about his Satellite Sentinel Project between North and South Sudan which provides an early warning system to deter mass atrocities. “It’s about accountability,” Clooney said of the project. “We want to make it more difficult to act without any ramifications. Now attacks only happen at night or under cloud cover, so we’ll switch it to infrared… If it helps at all, it’s worth it.”

Veering entirely off the subject of Gravity, Clooney was asked whether he thought President Obama should send troops to Syria. “I was hoping I was going to get that question,” he quipped, adding seriously, “I don’t think I have much of an answer for that.” And then he offered, “I was thinking you were going to ask me about Ben Affleck playing Batman.”

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 29 Aug 2013, 04:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title and moved thread)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference

Post by . Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:34

A kiss it's me because she reported the link with the live streaming of this press conference love1

Last edited by lux on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the link)

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference

Post by it's me Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:35

Oh thanks!

Another (bit dark...) vid of the arrival

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:50

So the press conference went well. He can so handle them can´t he? Wink
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Aug 2013, 18:19

d'aniela wrote:george again jocking

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock at the Gravity Press Conference Empty video press conference VFF

Post by lelacorb Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:27

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:32

And now we have three postings of this video. I'll let katiedot sort it out.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:34

Thanks Lela, lovely to watch and listen to his voice
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 23:14

Thanks Lelacorb for the video. It is longer what I've seen before. Love it. Can't believe this BBC guy started with his hair and saying all the woman in the room wants to sleep with him. LOL ok maybe it's true but really. I'm sure George felt embarrased some how.....hehe

Yes theminis I love to listen to his voice too.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 28 Aug 2013, 23:28

We all!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Aug 2013, 00:40

I try again
Sorry for who can't see....

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 Aug 2013, 03:53

LornaDoone wrote:And now we have three postings of this video.  I'll let katiedot sort it out.
LOL! I'll merge the threads.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 Aug 2013, 04:50

A collection of videos, found by Henway:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aruna Thu 29 Aug 2013, 06:20

I like his humor :-) :-) :-) :-)
Aruna
Aruna
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:19

Look at this video that got postet at le frenchies side. You can see G coming out of the press conference and signing autographs. Funny that nobody talks to him hehe

Don't know how to post the video as it is not from youtube. Here is the link:

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:30

No, he talked to some ppl!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:44

I meant there was no conversation when he signed autographs. It was so quite. Nobody asked him anything. Nice and calm
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Aug 2013, 17:55

Nice and calm, I see Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down