George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick?

+2
it's me
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? Empty Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick?

Post by Katiedot Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:53

Ahh, the Oscars 2014 campaign has begun already. Prepare yourselves for more of this ilk.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick?

With two 2013 contenders, Clooney could be the first producer since Selznick to win back-to-back Best Picture Oscars

Published: July 24, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

By Steve Pond

If we needed any more proof that George Clooney is the king of Hollywood, here’s some:

He could become the first producer since David O. Selznick to win back-to-back Best Picture Oscars – and if you want to get technical, the first in the history of Hollywood to officially be the recipient two years in a row.

Yes, we’re jumping the gun and getting way ahead of ourselves here, but bear with us. And this year, Clooney has produced two more Oscar contenders: “The Monuments Men,” which he directed, and “August: Osage County,” from “E.R.” creator John Wells. (Heslov is a credited producer on both, so maybe he’s the other king of Hollywood.)

“Monuments Men,” a December release from Sony, has a cast that includes Clooney, Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon and Bill Murray in a true-life story involving a group of operatives trying to save works of art from being destroyed by the Nazis during World War II.

“August” has a Pulitzer Prize-winning theatrical pedigree, a cast that includes Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Chris Cooper and the formidable Weinstein Company in its corner.

Both fairly reek of awards-worthiness, and both figure to bring more badly-needed attention to Clooney, who has won two Oscars (one for acting in “Syriana,” one for producing “Argo”) and been nominated for six others, with a total of four acting, two writing, one directing and one producing nod.

Earlier on Tuesday, Clooney was named recipient of BAFTA Los Angeles’ Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film, ending a five-month drought since the last time he won anything from BAFTA. (That came for producing “Argo” in February.)

The last man to produce consecutive Best Picture winners was David O. Selznick, who turned the trick with “Gone With the Wind” in 1939 and “Rebecca” in 1940. But here’s the fine print: Back then, the statuette went not to the film’s producer, but to the company that released it. So officially, those two Oscars were awarded to Selznick International Pictures, not to David himself.

Meaning that Clooney (and yes, Heslov) could boldly go where no producer has ever gone before.

Yes, Clooney’s about 60 films shy of Selnick’s track record. And it’s a long way from the doldrums of summer to the Dolby Theatre next March 2, and far too early to be making predictions -- particularly since his films are months away from screening.

So consider this not a prediction, but a warning: The man may be unstoppable.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? Empty Re: Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick?

Post by it's me Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:29

Endless surprises from him....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick? Empty Re: Is George Clooney the Greatest Movie Producer Since David O. Selznick?

Post by Nicky80 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:52

Yes great artical. Like it.

By the way. this was already posted from It's me in this thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When I was reading it it sounded familiar LOL

Maybe you knew and just wanted to seperate it?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:07

My darling boy has wings (see other thread)...........but not the same as icarus......G can fly where no one else has been........IMO........

"Last night I dreamt I went to Como again".....Rebecca..ish
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 Aug 2013, 05:59

Nicky80 wrote: By the way. this was already posted from It's me in this thread [ . . . ] Maybe you knew and just wanted to seperate it?
No, didn't see it in the other thread, but really this article is about George not Monuments Men so it should be separate.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 01 Aug 2013, 15:03

There are no interesting scripts available, ... I believe. Hollywood is just full of ... crap !!!

Although historybooks are filled with interesting characters.

I've just read a summary about Adolph SAX, ... and I thought what a tough but interesting life/story !!!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 01 Aug 2013, 18:31

it's me wrote:Endless surprises from him....

You are right IM many we have a lot more in store when we see "MM" or the other two he has this year.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down