George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC

5 posters

Go down

Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC Empty Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC

Post by Mazy Mon 29 Jul 2013, 05:38

This came in the search list I have on twitter and I thought it kind of strange. I don't know why they have a hashtag with George's name.

Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC

24/07/2013 20:43:00

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful Political Secretary of Justice and Equality Movement, Suleiman Sandal Haggar comments on the statement which made by the director of the International Crisis Group about the referral of the case of Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir to the ICC.

Suleiman : Louise Arbour, director of the International Crisis Group, really, committed a grave mistake towards the rights of the victims of genocide in Darfur and United Nations and the international commission which investigated the file and the ICC, when she describes the referral decision of Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir case to the international criminal court as a grave error. Suleimanl: calls Louise to retreat from this statement which only serves dictators and blood sucking in the world.    

Director of the International Crisis Group Louise Arbour said that the referral of the case of Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir to the international criminal court was grave mistake, but she did not elaborate or determine what is the nature of such mistake, is the mistake n the essence of the issue or in the recommendation of the international committee which investigated the case. Since she did not specify the reasons of the serious mistake we can say that her statement was very provocative and so disgusting and sends a very wrong message to the accused Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir and each of any dictators who kills their people with their weapons. I do not know why was the director of Crises Group made the statement at this particular time and we do not want to go a lot to the interpretations and accusations that can be said when you make such statements as designed to serve purposes of specific policy therefore we ask the director of the organization to retreat from her  statements which will definitely reduce the reputation and status of the International Crisis Group, also we call on all activists in the areas of human rights to detect and expose of the reasons of such statements and react against it, which serves the repressive regimes and Dictatorships in the world

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC Empty Re: Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC

Post by mosaic Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:37

That is weird. I just did a quick search on Louise Arbour, but couldn't pick out any press releases regarding Sudan or Bashir. If I find something, I'll be back.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC Empty Re: Press Release About The Statement Made By The Director Of The International Crisis Group Concerning The ICC

Post by mosaic Mon 29 Jul 2013, 15:07

Okay, I found several posts on it, but they don't really go into detail, only that she said it was a bad idea.

This is from a website of PhD students of Human Rights:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wednesday, 10 July 2013
Louise Arbour Thinks Bashir Prosecution a Mistake
Louise Arbour, former Prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, considers that it was a mistake for the International Criminal Court to charge Sudan’s President, Omar el-Bachir. In an interview with Montreal journalist Yves Boisvert, published in La Presse, shesaid the charge ‘weakened’ the Court. ‘I participated in the Commission of Inquiry (into the Darfur massacres), I appeared before the Security Council so that the case would be referred to the Court; but in hindsight, I realize that it was a very bad idea’, she said.
Referring files of countries that have not joined the Court ‘discredits’ the Court, according to Louise Arbour. Furthermore, the Security Council refers situations but provides ‘no political or operational support’ to arrest the accused.
Noting that soon the tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda will conclude their work, ‘comparisons are invited’. Despite criticisms, the two temporary institutions produced very concrete results: more than 200 accused, many judgments, leaders who were charged, and so on… By comparison, according to Louise Arbour, the International Criminal Court has issued one judgment in ten years. The coming years will be critical for the Court, she admits.

Thanks to Nicolaos Strapatsas.
Posted by William A. Schabas OC MRIA at 07:49

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 30 Jul 2013, 05:18

Very strange and to have George's name on it I don't like. Thanks Mosaic for checking further if I pick anything else up I will post.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:34

I'm questioning why she chose Bashir? Why not the others? Is she being pressured to do that?

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:15

Today's Huffington Post celeb section is reporting that Our Hero is putting his Nespresso tv ad earnings into Satellite Sentinel. Apparently he's said so in an interview with The Guardian recently - haven't seen that anywhere yet........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:27

He is great
We already know Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:33

party animal - not! wrote:Today's Huffington Post celeb section is reporting that Our Hero is putting his Nespresso tv ad earnings into Satellite Sentinel. Apparently he's said so in an interview with The Guardian recently - haven't seen that anywhere yet........

He has been saying that for awhile now and it's in some of the Nespresso articles from last week. I think I heard some like a million a year it takes, but that was last year. Like everything else I'm sure it is more now. He is also putting his profits from Casamigios toward the Satellite. God Bless him he gives all his love and affection to the needy. John Pendergast has been quite verbal lately also. If we could only clone them. I forward all my tweet to Obama & Kerry don't know if it helps or not but it cannot hurt. He sends us )OFA) people a few times a week to do that to the house and senate so who knows.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:59

Mazy...Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up! .....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down