I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

50 times George Clooney

View previous topic View next topic Go down

50 times George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 on Sun Jul 21 2013, 21:48

One of our biggest newspapers printed a story this weekend about George being in Germany Hartz. Supposed to be 50 fact. I like number 21 - so cute Laughing 

50 times George Clooney

Wherever George Clooney puts down the foot for his latest film, people tell stories afterwards. 50 new German stories.

1 When George Clooney arrived in February with the Learjet at Magdeburg-Cochstedt airport, he was immediately recognized by the Air Safety Assistant Silke Scheidt - but not as an actor, but as an advertising face of Nespresso. The woman said to Clooney "coffee man". He laughed - and had his photo taken with her.

2 Clooney was shooting for his film The Monuments Men until the end of June 2013, more than 40 locations in Brandenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Berlin and Lower Saxony. Clooney is a director, screenwriter, actor. The story of Americans save German museum items from the Nazis shortly before the end of the Second World War. Starring: Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett, John Goodman.

3 Clooney's crew consisted of approximately 500 employees, in the Hartz had 2500 with extras.

4 The superstar stayed at the only five-star hotel in Saxony-Anhalt: Zu den Rothen trout in Ilsenburg.

5 Clooney visited five times in recent months the Hartz.

6 His most recent visit was also his longest to date: From 22 April to 27 May Clooney booked the Hotel Zu den Rothen completly for himself and 70 crew members.

7 40 security guards watched over the house, plus Clooney's private bodyguards.
8 In the hotel pond was around the clock a diver to stand guard.

9 Between 85 and 125 € the single room costs per night. The total revenue from the last Clooney Stay: probably seven figures.

10th About 400 times the hotel appeared during filming in newspapers, television and radio shows. Advertising for the equivalent of one million euros, says the hotel manager.

11th The hotel was rebuilt in 2012. The former bathhouse was converted for 600,000 euros in a tap-and bulletproof suite - for the benefit particularly prominent guests. That Clooney would come was not known at the time. He stayed in the "bathhouse".

12th Prominence, which belonged to customers of his hotel before Clooney: Otto Waalkes, Cindy aus Marzahn, Semino Rossi (German stars).

13th Biggest challenge for the Staff: The crew of the production company wanted particularly fast internet.

14th The kitchen had been set up for extravagant food. But the stars ordered simple dishes: asparagus, potatoes and beef.

15th During his time in Ilsenburg George Clooney turned 52. A well-known East German state politicians thought he was the one with whom Clooney would prefer to spend the birthday evening. So he had to call the Hotel where CLooney stayed: He would like to invite the actor. However, the politician said: The food should not be more expensive than the public expense allowance. Whether the hotel could pay part of the bill? Clooney said no.

16th Before Clooney's birthday, on 6 May, appointed director of the Hotel a five-member committee to find a suitable gift. On the Internet, the team found: that Cloone drives at home a Honda Valkyrie Rune. In a roundabout way they got the same bike, to allow the master a trip through the Hartz. Kindly, he did a round

17th While Clooney visit the city Goslar a SPD politician Sigmar Gabriel mingled with fans.

18th Matt Damon drank several times Radeberger. (beer)

19th Since Clooney stay in the Hartz, the hotel "Zu den Rothen trout "received three specific requests from other filmstudios". Those are celebrities "like George CLooney," says the director. In November, the next star in Ilsenburg will spend the night.

20th Some men from Clooney's film team often played basketball in the playground of the primary school Princess Ilse.

21, Once, George Clooney himself came to the playground. There were about 100 children who wanted to play with him. Teacher Bettina von Hoff told them: "George Clooney wants to play but sometimes alone!" Less than an hour he remained unnoticed by the paparazzi.

22, In June, Clooney praised in picture: Germany has great playgrounds.

23, A photographer followed Clooney in the Hartz permanently. He earned twice as much as usual

24th Clooney then celebrated his birthday at the restaurant Orchidea Huong in Wernigerode. He ate, among other things, the Vietnamese beef noodle soup Pho Gà.

25th The birthday dinner paid Matt Damon and producer Grant Heslov.

26th The Orchidea Huong was from the beginning the favorite restaurant of the film crew. First came a cameraman, then assistant from Clooney, Matt Damon finally and then Clooney.

27th The Orchidea Huong belongs to Saxony-Anhalt's best restaurants. Clooney also praised the "excellent cuisine".

28th Restaurant boss Huong Trute neither recognized John Goodman nor Matt Damon at their first visit. One guest told her whom they had served.

29th Clooney welcomed the restaurant owner with the words: "You look very pretty." He was wearing T-shirt and leather jacket and apologized for his casual outfit. "I just came from work," he said.

30th He ate twice at the Orchidea Huong restaurant, Matt Damon three times.

31, Clooney said goodbye to all employees of the restaurant personally, the women got a kiss on the cheek.

32nd Meanwhile, an image of the film crew hangs in the restaurant - next to the image of Angela Merkel. The Chancellor had once honored the restaurant for they social commitment.

33rd In one of his first visits to the HartzClooney ate in the restaurant Benedict in Quedlinburg. He ordered truffled gnocchi stuffed with calf's liver, drinking Pinot Blanc from the region.

34th The restaurant posted a picture of Clooney's visit to Facebook. It was 1720-times shared.

35th Clooney left the Benedict through the back door, although no front waiting fans.

36th Also in Benedict already ate Otto Waalkes. (German celebrity)

37th One of the best photos of Clooney - in Halberstadt, sitting in the car - was shut by a fan. She gave the image the MDR (German local television).

38th The staff of the cathedral treasury management in Halberstadt only learned from the newspaper that Clooney had been in their cathedral to visit.

39th Later the cathedral was actually filming location.

40th Merseburg and Halberstadt Cathedral in The Monuments Men are not themselves - the story takes place in the Cathedral of Ghent.

41st Clooney ordered in Halberstadt Cathedral a copy of the Ghent winged altar.

42nd Restorers monitored, that nothing was destroyed during the shoot. But they had to sign a gag order.

43rd The filming took place in the cathedral at night.

44th People could not take pictures while waiting outside with flash.

45th In order to create the right light in Merseburg Cathedral, a side window was completely darkened, on the other hand huge headlights were set up outside the building, the radiated into the church.

46th Clooney filmed on a Friday in Halberstadt Cathedral - and had to keep the deadline for heaven's sake. Because of the confirmation service on Sunday should not fail in any case. "could not care less who Clooney is," says Thomas Labusiak, the Cathedral staff management.

47th Ilse Petersburg Mayor Denis Loeffke (CDU politician), had his written request to Clooney transferred for an entry in the Golden Book of the city by a translation English office.

48th Because Clooney did not have time for a meeting with the Mayor Ilse Burger, they left the Golden Book at the hotel - the star wrote a fact: "Just a beautiful town to walk Great Thanks for everything George Clooney!..."

49th Clooney is in the Golden Book of Ilsenburg some pages behind Hans-Dietrich Genscher.

50th "Nothing is as it was," the city of Halberstadt wrote about Clooney's visit to their website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: 50 times George Clooney

Post by theminis on Sun Jul 21 2013, 22:31

Just goes to the show the incredible amount of free publicity Mr Clooney can generate just by staying in a hotel, visiting playgrounds etc - and I bet the people there treated him really well in appreciation.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun Jul 21 2013, 22:47

The Coffee Man, what else? hahahaha

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jul 21 2013, 23:04

Thanks, really interesting Very Happy

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit on Sun Jul 21 2013, 23:52

Love these, thanks for sharing. I love you 

isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Sun Jul 21 2013, 23:55

It also shows that much more goes on than what we see....it seems like a good experience.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Mon Jul 22 2013, 01:47

Thanks Nicky, wonderful article I really enjoyed it. This was a very expensive production. God Bless George & Grant, as usual it seems they left very little to chance. I cannot wait for this one, very excited to see how all George's hard work turned out, true professional. Thanks again so much.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy on Mon Jul 22 2013, 08:13

Interesting trivia. I love all the little details.
Like a chronicle...

16th ....On the Internet, the team found: that Cloone drives at home a Honda Valkyrie Rune. In a roundabout way they got the same bike, to allow the master a trip through the Hartz. Kindly, he did a roundz

Too bad there were no photos of the master riding the Valkyrie  through the Hartz.  
Valkyries are mammoth-sized, aren't they?  Boy, he'd look puny on that. Laughing 
Anyway, I like him on Harleys...

MM does sound exciting...Like an adventure.

Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Mon Jul 22 2013, 08:25

theminis wrote:Just goes to the show the incredible amount of free publicity Mr Clooney can generate just by staying in a hotel, visiting playgrounds etc - and I bet the people there treated him really well in appreciation.

Yes that's what the artical wanted to show. George arrives and million stories starting LOL

By the way: Not sure if that was clear but with "playground" they mean the basketball court which was right next to the playground at the school. It is mentioned in nr 20 but 21 can be a bit confusion LOL

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross on Mon Jul 22 2013, 14:40

21, Once, George Clooney himself came to the playground. There were about 100 children who wanted to play with him. Teacher Bettina von Hoff told them: "George Clooney wants to play but sometimes alone!" Less than an hour he remained unnoticed by the paparazzi.

He played with the cildren, or not?

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Mon Jul 22 2013, 14:50

No read nr 20 first.

20th Some men from Clooney's film team often played basketball in the playground of the primary school Princess Ilse.

Clooney joined once for a basketball match and the basketball court is on the property from the school right next to the playground. So when George came the kids wanted to play "basketball" as well with the crew.
I know it is a bit confusing.

Well, now i said that. That's how I get it. Don't think he would play with children at the playground. This school is for really young kids.....I mean.......no I think nr 20 and 21 belong together.

Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:59

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum