George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Poll: George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next!

+18
Pink Ice 1990
Lighterside
amaretti
What Would He Say
Carla97
theminis
melbert
gioia
Juliette Hardy
NotAvailable
Joanna
Atalante
blubelle
GiGi
it's me
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
Nicky80
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who Should George Date Next?

Sandra Bullock

Zoe Saldana

Julianne Hough

Eva Mendes

January Jones

Cameron Diaz

Amanda Seyfried

Scarlett Johansson

Rachel McAdams

Michelle Williams

Kelly Rowland

None of the Above

Anyone from COH

Katie Cassidy (David Cassidy daugher, starring in Arrow

Charlize Theron

View results

Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll: George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next!

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 05:47

p.s. whispers that Nicole Pearson (not yet 30) is in the running - well you know how gossip works.

And if George had a PR advisory team whose job it was to get their star the best and respectable coverage, do you really think they would have advised him to pick women that would polarise his fans!!!

George has done the picking all on his own, which is good, shows he doesn't give a shit what people think of him and more to the point, shows that he is not as judgemental as his fans!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Poll:  George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next! - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll: George Clooney: Who Should He Date Next!

Post by NotAvailable Sun 14 Jul 2013, 05:56

Its obvious that George and Stacy both have an PR advisory team. But they only can give advice, not enforce it. the stars who hire them, do so for their own posterity, just in case their own judgement gets a little skewed sometimes. No conspiracies.

I don't think he will be choosing Carla Ossa from Colombia. He never seems interested in those types.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 07:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comment edited to remove inappropriate comments)
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 06:50

theminis wrote:
And if George had a PR advisory team whose job it was to get their star the best and respectable coverage, do you really think they would have advised him to pick women that would polarise his fans!!!  

George has done the picking all on his own, which is good, shows he doesn't give a shit what people think of him and more to the point, shows that he is not as judgemental as his fans!!

It depends on the objective. Perhaps the PR network is selling a theme, albeit a washed-up one by now.  A theme of an average looking Z-list entertainer whose profile needs a boost. A revamping of her image in designer gowns & jewelry, attending prestigious events and .... Making $10 million officially. % of that profit split accordingly....

George gets a shortlist of potential candidates & along with Stan, Bryan Lourde & other "influential" decision makers, narrow it down to one "public image girlfriend."
She's briefed & groomed for the role.  Clooney bluffs to her that it's business for a minimum of one year" but "hey, if we like each other, it can be more."  Or he may opt to keep it as just "friends."

Nothing organic. No love. No spontaneity. That's why they look like they have zero chemistry on the red carpet.
All carefully planned & carried out in the media by a pr network.

Now the whole controversial, trashy image is part of the  revamping theme.   The making of a "lady."
Too bad you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

He most definitely has a PR advisory team. Stan Rosenfield is his 77 year old publicist who appears as the official representation. But there's a whole team of employees behind him.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 09:06

Juliette Hardy wrote:
theminis wrote:

It depends on the objective. Perhaps the PR network is selling a theme, albeit a washed-up one by now.  A theme of an average looking Z-list entertainer whose profile needs a boost. A revamping of her image in designer gowns & jewelry, attending prestigious events and .... Making $10 million officially. % of that profit split accordingly....

George gets a shortlist of potential candidates & along with Stan, Bryan Lourde & other "influential" decision makers, narrow it down to one "public image girlfriend."
She's briefed & groomed for the role.  Clooney bluffs to her that it's business for a minimum of one year" but "hey, if we like each other, it can be more."  Or he may opt to keep it as just "friends."

Nothing organic. No love. No spontaneity. That's why they look like they have zero chemistry on the red carpet.
All carefully planned & carried out in the media by a pr network.

Now the whole controversial, trashy image is part of the  revamping theme.   The making of a "lady."
Too bad you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

He most definitely has a PR advisory team. Stan Rosenfield is his 77 year old publicist who appears as the official representation. But there's a whole team of employees behind him.

Very interesting post Juliette - interesting in that Ive read very similar posts elsewhere. However, I do not agree at all with what you are supposing. If any of that was true, then these mysterious matchmakers would choose someone more amiable to therefore add more positivity to GC rep and hers by association -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:07

ONE NIGHT

NO NAMES

VENICE, NICE,...MAYBE....BABY, I DON'T CARE WHERE OR WHEN!

Oops I'm not free for next 4 weeks(work deadline), I might have missed the boat by then.....such is life 99% work 1% fantasy....x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:10

No no
When is really important
 ASAP !!!

Wtf the damn job
Way Better LOVE !!!!!! Love4
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:40

Story of my life...my job similar to G position....too many ppl would be let down, and every hour counts. COH sorta saved my sanity....before my head ONLY had work....now I sneak over and indulge my fantasy....sooo naughty, so nice.

4 weeks and free again.... for a while....Very Happy 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:45

["theminis"].  Very interesting post Juliette - interesting in that Ive read very similar posts elsewhere. However, I do not agree at all with what you are supposing. If any of that was true, then these mysterious matchmakers would choose someone more amiable to therefore add more positivity to GC rep and hers by association -

Yes, I've been reading similar comments everywhere on line. Seems increasingly more people doubt the recent 2 relationships were authentic. Mainly PR. But it troubles me too that they assume he's gay because of these mismatches.

And I respectfully disagree with you, theminis.
Not because of the ever so evident lack of chemistry & affection between George Clooney & SK or EC, compared  to other celebrity couples. He even strained his face with a scrunched nose just to peck her on the lips at the Academy Awards this year.

His PR strategists could select someone beautiful or talented and yet, Clooney may not be in love with them, so doesn't want it..
He may have wanted someone easily dispensable who adheres to the theme promoted.

If a fairytale is being flogged to the public's conscience then the average woman thinks that George Clooney fell for an ordinary looking woman, a Jennifer Anniston type.

Then the average woman pays attention to the "transformation" of the Z-lister with average looks and a "trashy past."  Bemused, no doubt...

The PR team promote the fairytale, the designer labels & jewelry. Appearance fees skyrocket, (for the duration), and she's easily disposed of into the annals
of ex-"girlfriends."

Clooney could opt out.
It's his choice.
But as he has no serious love interest, the fairytale formula might be what his PR team promote.

It's a theme with a formula.
IMO
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:50

Okey, my candidate didn´t get full support.
Dating Clooney is a big deal. Maybe he should just recycle COH-women, following FIFO-principle. First in-first out. First turn goes to the very first member of COH and so on.

What more to say? This: "Anyone who registered after 7/9/13, please step back and wait in line after me". And no, there are no "priority passes".
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:55

Love your posts Juliette....even if I agree or disagree....x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:57

Well, we don't all aspire to get in line, Carla. I, for one, need to love someone & even if he's my favorite celebrity, it means nothing if there's no love.
I do find it a turn off that Clooney's  been with women like EC & SK too.

As for your remark that 20 year olds are meant to be good-looking, well, that's preposterous. They've got youth, that's all.
Monica Bellucci is almost 50 and not many 20 or 30 somethings can compete with her....

Sure , Monica Bellucci is amongst the...Best in Category ...of women.  Still timelessly beautiful.

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:22; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:01

what would he say wrote:Love your posts Juliette....even if I agree or disagree....x

Thank you, WWHS.
I love yours too. There's a lot of humility, positivity & kindness in them.
We learn from others everyday...

flower
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:12

I was only joking. My bad if it didn´t turn out like I meant it.
Categories are subjective, best or worst this and that.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:57

Carla97 wrote:I was only joking. My bad if it didn´t turn out like I meant it.
Categories are subjective, best or worst this and that.

I thought she was very pretty, but my only issue is she was just way too young.

I'm hoping he'll go older, closer to his age and maybe have more than just modeling under her belt.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:13

I find your post interesting to read Juliette Hardy. I kind of don't believe it but when I read it it makes me think. I still believe it is much easier than that. GC probably sees/ meet someone on events parties maybe starts to like someone who could fit and than maybe his "friends" do the rest to make the contact.

This time the media is reporting a lot about "contract relationships" and if more people doubt the recent 2 relationships were authentic I'm sure GC will know it by now. Maybe he will stay single for a while to let it cool off a bit. I mean every woman he would present now will be seen as "contracted" through the media. But than again he probably gives a shit
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:34

They have NDAs, not contracts per se, I believe.

There would be separate contracts for commercial work through advertising where management obtain fees, for revenue earned by association to the Clooney brand. After all, it's reported as $10M. And no sooner than the "relationship" started with SK, her appearance fees went up from $4K (with virtually zero demand) to $20K.

Similarly, Cavalli dropped EC seconds after Clooney paid the bill at the Gato Nero last supper in June 2011, whereupon the "break-up" ensued.

But I believe that an NDA is a requisite for Clooney's employees & of course, "girlfriends."

As for meeting them casually and being on his bucket-list as next potential "candidate" in years to come, yeah, real romantic Rolling Eyes

Or asking his trusted friends like Manuele Malenotti or Randy Gerbe to find him a red carpet girlfriend.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:53

Juliette Hardy wrote:Yes, I've been reading similar comments everywhere on line. Seems increasingly more people doubt the recent 2 relationships were authentic. Mainly PR. But it troubles me too that they assume he's gay because of these mismatches.

Don't be fooled...it's the same obsessive fan who thinks she has a connection to George psychicly and she's the ONLY one posting that same theory on every different webpage available with comments, using a cast of thousands of aliases.  But it's still just one nutter afterall! LOL

And if you don't mind, could you please explain WHY George cannot date someone unless she is a absolute raving beauty? Do you think he's so shallow, that he couldn't possibly be interested in a woman unless she's drop dead gorgeous? Why are her looks so important to you...if they're not to him? You do realize that you're talking about human beings right? That have a right to live and breathe and love anyone they choose? Just saying...remember whom we're discussing...people with feelings.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:57

Lighterside wrote:
Juliette Hardy wrote:Yes, I've been reading similar comments everywhere on line. Seems increasingly more people doubt the recent 2 relationships were authentic. Mainly PR. But it troubles me too that they assume he's gay because of these mismatches.

Don't be fooled...it's the same obsessive fan who thinks she has a connection to George psychicly and she's the ONLY one posting that same theory on every different webpage available with comments, using a cast of thousands of aliases.  But it's still just one nutter afterall! LOL

2nd that Lighter - its a bunch of phoeey!!!!!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:05

No, I'm not referring to the one on imdB who even guessed the date the break-up would be announced.
I don't think it's a contract as she or he rants on imdB.

I'm referring to Celebitchy, DM, JJ, FrenchiesFans & various other sites. I read the comments & they're plain nasty. Alluding to sexuality, bearding contracts, etc.
The vast majority of remarks are not flattering.

I don't think Clooney cares. If anything, he'd probably hang out with gay friends openly. That would mess with the heads of nosey gossip columnists.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:10

And I'm contending that MOST of that is ALL the same woman...IMO of course!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:11

I share that opinion Lighter - one person with a very odd agenda, definitely not a fan of George.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:19

But the comments vary from the one on imdB talking about blackmail from TW or Hollywood heavyweights, contracts & other conspiracies.
And the comments on other sites are about fake PR relationships or beards.
It can't be just one person.
His PR would have stopped her or him by now.

I don't believe either, but think that there's more to how his public profile is presented. And it comes down to his decision.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:34

I agree that he does have some detracters on the internet, who will endlessly post that he is gay.  He pissed off a lot of people who will not forgive that Heston comment.  They will hound him into oblivion...no one can stop that, of course.  They say a lot of hateful things about him to get even in some warped way.  

There are also gay men who post that he's gay...their version of our fantasy! LOL We do have to learn to share our George with everyone. ahahahahaha

But then there's one woman, who is the ONLY one I have seen promote this idea that George's team of PR people insist on these faux romances for THEIR personal profit because that is the only reason she will accept in her mind why she and George are NOT living blissfully happy for the rest of eternity.  One person, no doubt about it.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:46

Okay now that we have explained that (thanks Lighter Very Happy ) can we please get back on topic which is Who Should George Date Next - unless the other thread has already made that a mute question!.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:55

Well no thread is every going to make who George should date a "mute" question cause Clooney fans sure do know how to talk! brahahahaha!

But it might make it a moot question. Just joshing ya!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 15:40

Oh f...shit Im so tired - but that is funny - obviously I meant moot - off to bed now while I can still see where it is.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Jul 2013, 15:42

Good night theminis Very Happy 
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Jul 2013, 15:47

Thanks and G-day Very Happy 
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Ice 1990 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 17:50

Honestly, I don't think George will ever be in a legitimate romantic relationship with any big star like these ladies. He'll always get "linked" to somebody, but as far as a real relationship that lasts and dates on the red carpet, no. Of course, we'll get to see him and Sandy promoting Gravity together in the coming months, which will be pretty nice. Love3 :

I will say that personally, I did want him and Cameron Diaz to get together. They seemingly have the same sense of humor (she likes fart machines too Twisted Evil ) and views on life (although I think she's more likely to get married and have a child than he is at this point). When reading quotes they've made in articles and such, they've sounded almost exactly alike.

Meh, I'd just be happy if they got to do a movie together, particularly an excellent romantic comedy (if that's even possible these days). Their chemistry would be through the roof, and they'd be a riot together.

Otherwise, I don't really like speculating on his love life, as evidenced by my lack of posts in this section. tongue Just let me watch his movies and I'm happy.

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 14 Jul 2013, 18:04

Cameron Diaz was just supposedly revealed from a blind item that she stalked her ex the baseball player so much that her friends had to do an intervention. So I don't think George (don't want a commitment) Clooney would fare well if this is truly the case! George doesn't like clingy. JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 18:20

Is Cameron Diaz not too blond for George????

Let's see when George and Sandra go to the premier in August maybe we see something in their eyes LOL

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Ice 1990 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 00:37

LornaDoone wrote:Cameron Diaz was just supposedly revealed from a blind item that she stalked her ex the baseball player so much that her friends had to do an intervention.  So I don't think George (don't want a commitment) Clooney would fare well if this is truly the case!  George doesn't like clingy.  JMO

Really? What was the blind item from? I don't keep up with general celebrity gossip as much as just for movies/tv. Cameron never really struck me as the clingy type, but as pretty independent. Never married, always on the go, never walks the red carpet with a boyfriend as a date? Almost the female version of George. Her being clingy strikes me as funny as a duck taking a dirt bath. Laughing 

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by aliger Mon 15 Jul 2013, 00:56

Miss Moneypenny!
aliger
aliger
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 15 Jul 2013, 01:06

Pink Ice 1990 wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Cameron Diaz was just supposedly revealed from a blind item that she stalked her ex the baseball player so much that her friends had to do an intervention.  So I don't think George (don't want a commitment) Clooney would fare well if this is truly the case!  George doesn't like clingy.  JMO

Really? What was the blind item from? I don't keep up with general celebrity gossip as much as just for movies/tv. Cameron never really struck me as the clingy type, but as pretty independent. Never married, always on the go, never walks the red carpet with a boyfriend as a date? Almost the female version of George. Her being clingy strikes me as funny as a duck taking a dirt bath. Laughing 

Hi ,

Your answer is at the link below. If anyone wants to comment or discuss this please keep it in the blind items revealed thread! Thanks! :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 15 Jul 2013, 17:53

Haven't voted yet, still thinking.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 18:09

LOL Maggy that's funny. I know too many choices.....Now I know how George feels aaahhhhhh
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 16 Jul 2013, 00:26

If he does date Cameron Diaz I may have to give up my exclusive membership to the George Clooney lust club - that may just be the camel that breaks my back, or is it the straw, whatever.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 16 Jul 2013, 03:19

Well the poll is still running in favor of None of the Above.

Maybe we need to find other suggestions...

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 16 Jul 2013, 03:25

Okay then I will have a look see and add some names.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 16 Jul 2013, 03:26

maybe it would have been an easier poll to ask who he shouldn't date next, bet that list is longer!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 16 Jul 2013, 06:46

Well, I have to say that from all the things like interviews and older things he has said at times. Just from his words. Something like this:
before he went off to Darfur with his father, his relationships were more toward longer relationships. And it seemed they were talking their toll on him somewhat emotionally. Hard to break up sometimes because of the distances and time constraints making films can make, and he was just getting his feet wet as a director.

He told his father to let him use his stardom for his father's planned trip there to highlight the event there. From that time on, he seemed to drift into the dating shorter terms slowly and some red carpet events.

But no Oscar carpets until SL, EC and SK. So, hmmm...looks like a s,low strategy to use the PR method begun more firmly about there. From 2008 til now, it was stepped up more seriously.

And I don't think it was more about PR GFs. I think he wanted to gain more PR for the way it would benefit his humanitarian work. It seemed to be something that gained more public recognition after the Darfur event with his father. And I am assuming that because of his own words about using his popularity to help gain recognition for those war torn areas, especially the Sudan because of the interest he took in it with his father. He doesn't publicize every charity he does, so that leads me to think that its not about gaining personal recognition for doing what he has been raised to do from the heart.

But like he said to his Dad, "let me be the focus for the media, so you can focus on the problem." Think thats been the main ingredient behind a lot of this latter behaviour. Not trashy stories the gossips write. I don't feel he is trying to harm these GFs in any way, but they may not understand HIS focus. If they did, they might feel more honoured to be of help in any way, while gaining some self PR in the bargain. He is going to have a relationship. he wants it to be beneficial to him in the way I said, and to the GF for her career, which is mostly her job to use it wisely.

I don't think its just about gaining an Oscar for things. But if gaining an Oscar can be done, he will work toward that end, letting his work be the focus for it while the helpful PR also helps that too. George is a multi-task person. he can focus on several things at once. That is evident because he is sometimes busy on several films at once in one way or another. His friends say great things about how hard he works to get as much done as he can. Working long long hours toward completions.

I am seeing much integrity with what he does. And maybe its just me who thinks it, but I don't see bad in his choices of having GFs walking the carpets. He is going to have a relationship. Walking the carpets is part of being his GF. There may or may not be contracts, but I do think he follows a working pattern. A model of a plan that he may wish to change up some now, as he has crossed the big 50 and into 52 now.

Because George, the multi tasker man, Actor/Director/ Producer/Scriptwriter/Film Editor has too many things to do and a big desire to really help the Sudan in as meaningful way as he can and bring attention to it, will use everything in his powers to do that. That means organizing his life in the way you are seeing. Its a position of some small power with the media that allows him to do that.

I think he deserves much more respect than he gets. But I get that hes not going to get it. The media will keep touting their trashy views about him and the relationships. I don't think either GF was just a PR contract. Even if there was a contract, it was just to define the rules and the purposes for the PR and the tasks with benefits spelled out. There would also be many fringe benefits not mentioned there, monetary and personal for them. he has also put himself out a bit to ensure that they do have reasons to enjoy the life they chose while with him.

Thats the way it looks to me. Despite all the flip flap and hoohah over the Gfs. thats where all the flogging really comes from. I'd like to think we can contain our jealousies against them better... but who am I? JMHO
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 16 Jul 2013, 07:18

And I don't think it was more about PR GFs. I think he wanted to gain more PR for the way it would benefit his humanitarian work. It seemed to be something that gained more public recognition after the Darfur event with his father. And I am assuming that because of his own words about using his popularity to help gain recognition for those war torn areas, especially the Sudan because of the interest he took in it with his father. He doesn't publicize every charity he does, so that leads me to think that its not about gaining personal recognition for doing what he has been raised to do from the heart...

You mean more media exposure by being seen with PR girlfriends, Joanie? Rather counterproductive if he wants to be taken seriously for his humanitarian work, yet has controversial girlfriends accompanying him, IMO.
Since 2008?
I don't agree.
He has been attending red carpet events with girlfriends for decades, Celine Balitran, Lisa Snowdon, his ex-wife Talia, & many more.

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Jul 2013, 07:23

Interesting point of view
Let's see what happens now

Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 16 Jul 2013, 08:20

Juliette Hardy wrote:
And I don't think it was more about PR GFs. I think he wanted to gain more PR for the way it would benefit his humanitarian work. It seemed to be something that gained more public recognition after the Darfur event with his father. And I am assuming that because of his own words about using his popularity to help gain recognition for those war torn areas, especially the Sudan because of the interest he took in it with his father. He doesn't publicize every charity he does, so that leads me to think that its not about gaining personal recognition for doing what he has been raised to do from the heart...

You mean more media exposure by being seen with PR girlfriends, Joanie?  Rather counterproductive if he wants to be taken seriously for his humanitarian work, yet has controversial girlfriends accompanying him, IMO.
Since 2008?
I don't agree.
He has been attending red carpet events with girlfriends for decades, Celine Balitran, Lisa Snowdon, his ex-wife Talia, & many more.

Yes, just the red carpet events, but no Oscars carpets until SL. Yes, I am talking about using his increased popularity since the GFs began to be so noisily gossiped about for good use. To you, you only see what the gossips and jealous fans say and how it effects the GFs. And feel only the negative output of it. It does have negativity. Think why Howard Stern chooses to use negativity against women to promote his radio program and show. Unfortunately, negativity sells. Magazines, movie tickets and more. And yes, maybe the PR teams make big kudu bucks on that negativity. I don't know, think they would use every angle to gain. I think many are jealous of the GFs. Claims that they aren't even pretty. Wait until any might make it a little bit bigger. They will seem prettier then after much more make up designers and Hair ppl who are more expensive to get, can be afforded. I thought all of his ladies were pretty. I think George has great taste. But thats just me I guess.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 16 Jul 2013, 13:46

I have a really hard time believing any of his choices have anything to do with a PR agenda.

If he really did have a PR agenda I think he'd make better choices.

I think George sees a gal, finds her attractive and asks her out.

As much as we conjecture about him "picking his gals from Maxim or the internet" I don't think he's that calculating.

Seriously, if he wanted to use these gals for GOOD PR purposes, don't you think he'd pick women who didn't have their crotches exposed on the internet?   THAT would make more sense if PR was his main reason for dating these women.

Not to say that dating them doesn't bring PR advantages because once he does start dating them, the media and his fans do put so much focus on these gals.  But I seriously doubt PR is his main reason for dating them.

I think George is like any other guy.  He sees an attractive gal and wants to date her.  The only difference from many other guys is that he can pretty much figure they'll say yes - at least nowadays - I'm sure George has "struck out" in the past -- as they say. Anyway that's just me.

I still don't believe anyone else picks these gals, I think George is making these bad choices all on his own.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 16 Jul 2013, 14:08

Definitely all Georges choices and what man in his position wouldn't do the same.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 16 Jul 2013, 14:24

I'd much rather he had a relationship "out in the open" as he's done in recent years for obvious reasons...
IE....not being ashamed to be seen of who he's with.
It shows maturity in my mind.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 16 Jul 2013, 14:35

I don't think George is the least bit judgemental, its a good trait to have.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Tue 16 Jul 2013, 16:38

I personally think he's been having "showbiz relationships" for publicity in the last 10 years. Leaning more to casual & publicity oriented.
For sure he selects them, IMO, & knows it's "short term."

I don't believe he's in love. Maybe just tolerant or likes them.   He strictly selects them for various reasons to promote a public image he aims to project.
I think he may have casual physical intimacy with them, but possibly sees others privately too. In that sense, they are casual, open-relationships...
I dunno 

Yet, the theme is very predictably worn out like a cliche.
Maybe he doesn't care, so will carry on...
Maybe not.

I would like to see him in a genuine loving relationship.
I hope he finds someone he truly loves one day soon. If that's what he wants.

That's all.

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 17:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaborated.)
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 17 Jul 2013, 07:25

Juliette Hardy wrote:

I would like to see him in a genuine loving relationship.
I hope he finds someone he truly loves one day soon.  If that's what he wants.

That's all.

I agree with that whole heartedly. And with the others who think its not about how to use PR wisely for the efforts he supports, I think one might have to speak with Stan to get the big picture of what PR is to most ppl. Its a tool. Like the carpenter's tools, the smith's tools and the internet is to the advertiser these days. But I am just saying he has chosen to do it in a way that is helpful to him, plus others. And yes, I do think he wishes to use all his power he can to help his humanitarian causes.

But we can all just agree to disagree. As we seem to have diverging opinions. Give Flowers2 
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next