Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 05:53

Adulation?
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Re: Meeting George

Post by theminis on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 07:06

Yes I like that one too - It's me.

Don't think there is an official fan club for George, least Ive never found one online Joanna
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:31

Or you can just write him a letter. Easypeasy. Basketball
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:03

Thanks theminis. No I didn't think so.
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:49

Atalante wrote:Or you can just write him a letter. Easypeasy. Basketball

Why not? Very Happy

Nice avatar yours, fresh!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:51

Vocabulary of the day: easypeasy.
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 13:02

As super easy, right? Very Happy
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 13:41

Alrighty Very Happy
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 14:27

it's me wrote:Adulation?

Yes, adulation. Very Happy But not obsequious flattery.
Only praise & extreme admiration.

It was a hyperbolic remark on my part. Razz
George Clooney is almost always polite to his followers. The only incident I've ever read of were those rude ladies with Fabio.
Who knows what happened anyway?

My comment was basically that it would depend on the circumstances of a chance encounter. When would it be appropriate to approach?
In his private time, it wouldn't be right to interrupt, IMO. A discreet glance is all. Embarassed

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 15:01

With or without super cool
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 16:02

without....
so I can flutter my eyelashes. Love5
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 16:47

Lol ! Very Happy
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:01

ktsue2002 wrote:I have an idea. If you, Butterfly, are connected with a local press agency or newspaper, see if you can get a press pass to a press conference of one of his films. You don't get to act like a fan, since you have to behave as a professional journalist, but you may get to speak to him like I did. Of course, this may require that you live near where he has a press conference, like Venice, LA, possibly London. Who knows where those film companies want to have him "smile big."
You have to ask him an intelligent question or questions, but as long as you don't strip or pull a stunt, you will get to actually speak to him. MM seems like a big enough film that the film company may push him and his cast and crew to do a press conference or Gravity might be one he will have to do.
I know a couple of years ago, he hated press conferences due to "reporters" pulling stunts, but if you behave professionally, even with your heart racing, you will get the opportunity of a lifetime, I think. Last reminder if you decide to pursue, Behave professionally and it will be worth it. Also, you have to write something about the experience or press conference and have it published to make it legit. Of course, it may require lots of money to travel, and it also requires a news agency to agree to let you cover it, but if you can talk to an editor of a local newspaper and it doesn't require any money on their part, they will go for it. Even better, find a local connection, like an actor in the film from where you live. Or, hook up with a film magazine, and see if they will let you do it. Just ask. You can't receive if you don't ask.

Good evening Ktsue, thank you so much for joining in Very Happy I love new and creative ideas! Your plan is complex but doable. Perhaps I could investigate this area a little further...

So, you met George personally Hug1 ! This is great. Are you on the picture hugged by him? He seems so warm and friendly with you. I think what I like the most about him is his personal warmth. This big I hope to be hugged like that as well...... Embarassed

Thank you once more for sharing your idea.
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:39

Nicky80 wrote:
Katiedot wrote:
Butterfly wrote:I would like to repeat and further elaborate what I said earlier about the possibility of meeting GC.

I really think this is a great idea Give Flowers and would love to hear your thoughts.

So, Mr. Clooney might set up regular meetings with us, his fans, for instance 4 times per year, on different locations. We would have to pay a ticket to enter the event. I propose reasonable and affordable price, in order to reach everybody, not just the richest of the rich. The money would be transfered to the GC's favorite charity, or any idea he stands out for.

GC could have full control over such meetings, for security reasons, asking us to fill out an application, write something about ourselves, send a copy of our passport etc. In case of too many people applying, he may choose people on the basis of our applications.

In this way:
a) GC will be able to meet so many interesting and loving people coming from different avenues of life, not worrying about his security, in a nice and friendly settings, talking to them personally over coffee and without press,
b) his fans (us) will have something to dream about, an equal opportunity to meet him, without jeopardizing his privacy,
c) GC and us will continually do good, because the money we pay would be used for noble reasons.

Do you think this is a great idea? Very Happy If such an opportunity existed, would you send your application to George? Very Happy

I think it is necessary to answer this question. Who knows, maybe George reads this forum and likes this idea. I think it is reasonable to assume that GC reads this site occasionally, out of pure curiosity.
I like the idea, but it would be very impractical. How many tens of thousands of women would want to buy a ticket for each meeting?

You would either have to limit it to a very small group of fans, in which case the money raised for charity is next to nothing if it's to be affordable, or you open it up to the thousands who'd want to go but then nobody would spend any time with George.

Plus, it must be really weird experience for him. Like a panda in the zoo.

Hi Butterfly,

I know that Michael Jackson fans did that once a year. they always changes the location between L.A., N.Y, and London. it was always organised by Fan clubs. The entrance fee was used to pay for the venue. Only people who were member to the fan club or had the right connections got a ticket they had to pay for. All outsider had no chance. Because Michael Jackson was a musician the fans made a big show. Lot of fans or double came on stage to perform one of his songs or dance and Michael Jackson would sit in the audience and watch and at the end just waive to everyone and leave. there were too many people so no chance for autographs or pictures with him.

I can tell you that I had few Michael Jackson Fans as friends and it was a big competition. it was not a nice get together it was more like "I'm a more important fan I want to meet him". Security was really busy to keep the crowd away. as Katiedot said "panda in the zoo". It was nothing personal. Just madness.

And than again how to create an event with GC. I don't think his schedule shows enough time to meet and greet with Fans JUST for coffee and talk. And you can't do an event like Michael Jackson. I mean you can not play part of his movie on stage to present to him. Imagine what scene that would be Shocked cheers Love2 Love4 Love7 Wedding Hug1 Humping ...You get the point

But maybe I see it wrong. Every Idea is a good idea. depend how you see it

Hi Nicky80, thanx for your colorful description of events with Michael Jackson. Very Happy I see your point.

But...I am optimistic by nature and truly believe that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. So, I was thinking out loud, trying to find some alternative solution for meeting George, which does not include running after him or jeopardizing his privacy.

I still believe it could work, but obviously, everything depends on the will of Mr. Clooney. I know that a smaller group of people would not raise much money for charity, as Katiedot rightly pointed out, however, a simple press release that GC fans gathered in order to support some noble goal is worth so much! This could inspire other people to donate.

For instance, I am ashamed to say that the first time I have ever heard the word "Darfur" was when GC mentioned it. I knew about Sudan, but did not know about Darfur and all the problems in detail. I have this vision of George and a group of selected fans (of course, me in the group Hello! )casually drinking coffee, talking about world problems, finding solutions together, something like a cool think tank...

Also, it is worth noting that successful charities depend on small donations, not big ones. It is the heart that matters. I love you I support one worldwide charity for children and it is impressive how little I need to pay in order to help one child for one whole year.

So...let's keep our minds open and hearts filled with love! I love you

Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 21:41

Atalante wrote:Or you can just write him a letter. Easypeasy. Basketball

Sure, I would love that, but where to send the letter? Do you know the address of GC?
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 22:07

George's agent and publicist contact addresses are on the forum somewhere....but I can't find them.
Can anyone help Butterfly ?
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 22:21

Stan Rosenfield : LINK bounce
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 23:47