George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role

+6
playfuldeb
niloufar
hana200369
fava
Katiedot
silly girl
10 posters

Go down

Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  Empty Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role

Post by silly girl Thu 23 May 2013, 11:31

Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role

23 May 2013

Stacy Keibler wants to star in romantic comedies.

The 33-year-old model walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival without her boyfriend George Clooney, and admitted she plans to steal his spotlight on the big screen by becoming an actress.

She told the Metro newspaper: "Romantic comedies are more my speed. I feel like that's more my personality.

"I'm usually happy, smiling, joking and having a good time so I think those kind of roles suit me. Comedy and dramedy is what I'm better at."

The striking star has had small guest parts in 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Men at Work', but is hoping to progress to the silver screen as soon as the right role comes along.

She added: "[I would] If the right opportunity came to work with the right director and the right people..."

However, Stacy failed to name George - who couldn't attend as he was filming in Germany - when asked which A-list actor she'd like to work with.

She gushed: "I loved Tom Hanks. He was always one of my favourites. I remember thinking as a little girl, 'I wish I could work with Tom Hanks. He was so brilliant in 'Forrest Gump'."

The former WWE wrestler also confessed she has another showbiz idol in the shape of Gwyneth Paltrow, who she admires for her commitment to healthy living and eating.

Stacey said: "I brought her cook book - it's amazing. I work with the same doctor she's working with, Dr Junger. She sort of started me on my health journey. I really admire what she's doing."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role  Empty Re: Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role

Post by Katiedot Thu 23 May 2013, 12:18

Some dodgy 'reporting' going on there! She's already acted in a couple of (straight-to-DVD) films already.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 23 May 2013, 13:45

silly girl wrote:Stacy Keibler Wants Rom-Com Role

23 May 2013

Stacy Keibler wants to star in romantic comedies.

The 33-year-old model walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival without her boyfriend George Clooney, and admitted she plans to steal his spotlight on the big screen by becoming an actress.

She told the Metro newspaper: "Romantic comedies are more my speed. I feel like that's more my personality.

"I'm usually happy, smiling, joking and having a good time so I think those kind of roles suit me. Comedy and dramedy is what I'm better at."

The striking star has had small guest parts in 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Men at Work', but is hoping to progress to the silver screen as soon as the right role comes along.

She added: "[I would] If the right opportunity came to work with the right director and the right people..."

However, Stacy failed to name George - who couldn't attend as he was filming in Germany - when asked which A-list actor she'd like to work with.

She gushed: "I loved Tom Hanks. He was always one of my favourites. I remember thinking as a little girl, 'I wish I could work with Tom Hanks. He was so brilliant in 'Forrest Gump'."

The former WWE wrestler also confessed she has another showbiz idol in the shape of Gwyneth Paltrow, who she admires for her commitment to healthy living and eating.

Stacey said: "I brought her cook book - it's amazing. I work with the same doctor she's working with, Dr Junger. She sort of started me on my health journey. I really admire what she's doing."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If she is serious I feel somewhat sorry for her. Does she realistically think she can compete with the many other experienced 30 something comedic actresses out there?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hana200369 Thu 23 May 2013, 14:16

why she didnt mention her bf name?
maybe she want to show ,she want work by her ability .not supportive job
hana200369
hana200369
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by niloufar Thu 23 May 2013, 14:20

i dont think dear hana.i think she has his support every time for work.
she become more famous for her partner.he help her
niloufar
niloufar

Back to top Go down

Post by hana200369 Thu 23 May 2013, 14:27

thats right ,he help her.
do you think she wants to plays in george comedy in the future ?
they play the commerical together.
hana200369
hana200369

Back to top Go down

Post by niloufar Thu 23 May 2013, 14:30

hahahahah Laughing
never hapen.but i think she wold play in cinema with famous stars in the future.
maybe work with friends of george Idea
niloufar
niloufar

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 23 May 2013, 21:43

If George is out to help promote his GFs with their careers, how come he doesnt put them in his movies?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 24 May 2013, 03:11

But being known can be a good enough reason to hire someone in film. Putting it out there is a smart move. She is most likely only ever going to get the "supporting hot girl" role but why shouldn't she try? Hollywood is still trying to push Justin Timberlake down our throats as an "actor" and he sucks at it. Why not Stacy? Kim K is acting in films. Nene Leakes is working. Stacy is no better or worse than those. Problem for Stacy is that she doesn't not have a built in, guaranteed fan base to bring with her to a project which is what the studios want. They aren't going to take a risk on someone unless they think it is get them guaranteed ticket sales or media controversy. And I don't think Stacy has that type of following.

Or maybe she sucked at the hosting gig, thinks the show is crappy and she doesn't believe it will get another season so she is hustling for a job in another genre?

Wanting to be the lead in a film? Is that code for George has gone bye bye? Would she be angling for this if she thought her time on the payroll of Clooney was set in stone for an extended period?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 24 May 2013, 03:12

playfuldeb wrote:If George is out to help promote his GFs with their careers, how come he doesnt put them in his movies?

He put Krista in Confessions and in Unscripted. Neither project did well.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 24 May 2013, 03:15

But he never boinked her! So HE said...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 24 May 2013, 03:21

I saw one of the films in which Stacey had a substantial supporting actress part. She wasn't very good. If she's serious about doing rom com she needs to go to some acting classes.

But she won't do that - she wants the short cut like everyone else mentioned in watching's post.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 May 2013, 04:33

The world is full of bad actresses. No reason Stacy can't join their ranks.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 24 May 2013, 04:34

Katiedot wrote:The world is full of bad actresses. No reason Stacy can't join their ranks.

Well you do have a point there! LMAO!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 24 May 2013, 18:21

As someone has said, casting in Hollywood is not always about talent. It is sometimes about popularity and recognition. That's why so many less-than-talented people can work consistently. They bring an audience to a project. (BTW, I happen to think Justin Timberlake is a natural actor. I guess that's just me.)

I can see Stacy getting the unnamed 'Hot Girl #1' roles in some independent projects. Indie filmmakers need as many 'names' attached as they can get. She's played basically the same roles on TV, so that isn't much of a resume, but it's something. And I hope she's not deluding herself with visions of starring romcom roles in major films. Ain't gonna happen. You either need to be an established name, a young, talented up-an-comer, or have high 'numbers' that will generate pre-sales on a project. She has/is none of those. Face recognition won't do it for major movies, like it can for TV or video. You have to be a name, and Stacy isn't.

Still, I can see why she'd put that out there. Someone with a small project, or a bigger project with a small part, will pay attention. As long as she's associated with George, there's always the idea that there will be some publicity-by-association. She knows that.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down