George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany

+8
Mazy
Juliette Hardy
melbert
theminis
playfuldeb
silly girl
Maggy
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany Empty Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 05:52

Ooh, more pictures of George out and about! Thanks Henway for the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and John Goodman
Hollywood stars have arrived in Ilsenburg

28 April 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney came to Ilsenburg in a black BMW SUV from Merseburg. On the left: producer Grant Heslov, who also produced the Oscar-winning film "Argo". (IMAGE: KUGENBUCH)

BY INGO KUGENBUCH

The Hollywood star George Clooney after filming in Merseburg is now in Ilsenburg. Also co-stars like John Goodman or Bill Murray strolled by Ilse castle on Sunday.

Superstar George Clooney arrived on Sunday evening in Ilsenburg. Here he rented the 5-star hotel "Landhaus zu den Rothen Forellen" for several weeks completely. And from here he will coordinate with his team shooting his new film "Monuments Men".

The-Big-Lebowski-star John Goodman is shown the "Rothen Forellen" wine department.

The people of the Harz town took the parade of Hollywood stars well. Only a small group of stalwarts held out for hours in front of the hotel guarded by security personnel gate and called every now and then in chorus: "George! George!" That they get to see him late at night, is unlikely - for Monday elaborate shooting in Goslar are applied. The extras are requested to be ready for at least a 05.30 start.

George Clooney und John Goodman
Hollywoodstars in Ilsenburg angekommen

28.04.2013 21:44 Uhr | Aktualisiert 28.04.2013 22:04 Uhr
George Clooney kam mit einem schwarzen BMW-Geländewagen aus Merseburg nach Ilsenburg gereist. Auf dem Bild links: Produzent Grant Heslov, der auch den oscarprämierten Streifen "Argo" produziert hat. (BILD: KUGENBUCH)
VON INGO KUGENBUCH
Der Hollywoodstar George Clooney ist nach seinen Dreharbeiten in Merseburg nun in Ilsenburg. Auch Ko-Stars wie John Goodman oder Bill Murray sind am Sonntag durch Ilsenburg geschlendert.
Druckenper Mail
ILSENBURG/MZ.
Superstar George Clooney ist Sonntagabend in Ilsenburg angekommen. Hier hat er das 5-Sterne-Hotel "Landhaus zu den Rothen Forellen" für mehrere Wochen komplett gemietet. Und von hier aus wird er mit seinem Team die Dreharbeiten für seinen neuen Film "Monuments Men" koordinieren. Auch Ko-Stars wie John Goodman oder Bill Murray sind am Sonntag durch Ilsenburg geschlendert.

The-Big-Lebowski-Star John Goodman lässt sich die Weinabteilung der "Rothen Forelle" zeigen. (BILD: KUGENBUCH)
Die Menschen in dem Harzstädtchen nahmen den Aufmarsch der Hollywoodgrößen gelassen. Nur ein kleines Häufchen Unentwegter hielt es stundenlang vor dem von Security-Personal bewachten Hotel-Tor aus und rief hin und wieder im Chor: "George! George!" Dass sie ihn am späten Abend zu sehen bekommen, ist eher unwahrscheinlich - für Montag sind aufwendige Dreharbeiten in Goslar angesetzt. Die Komparsen zumindest sind für 5.30 Uhr bestellt.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany Empty Re: Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 06:14

Looks like Angel's with him:
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany Empty Re: Photos: George Clooney filming in Ilsenburg, Germany

Post by Maggy Mon 29 Apr 2013, 07:24

Who's Angel?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 29 Apr 2013, 07:44

His assistant...

Some live filming in Goslar....so much work to set up. Interesting to see him work:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 29 Apr 2013, 07:49

Good for Angel that she gets to go along and see the world as she does! How nice of George to take her with
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 09:32

Maggy wrote:Who's Angel?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:30

Oop I put that live stream in the wrong place...sorry. I guess it is over. I watched for awhile but then had to go back to bed. It was very interesting. It was fun to see him work.....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:00

Don't worry = I copied it to the other thread
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:40

The mayor of the small German city of Ilsenburg presents the signature of US actor George Clooney in the Golden Book of Ilsenburg, Germany, 24 May 2013. It reads: 'Just a beautiful town! Great to walk. Thanks for everything. George Clooney.' Clooney stayed in the rural central German town earlier this month for shooting his movie 'The Monuments Men'.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Jun 2013, 13:08

He's so nice!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 02 Jun 2013, 13:59

George Clooney's writing is a mixture of lower & upper case in the same sentence. Unusual.
I wonder how writing analysts interpret that...

scratch
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 00:55

According to the book Forensic Linguistics on page 104, it states that mixing upper & lower case in a sentence indicates the ability to manipulate language, even down to its most basic elements.

Just a hypothesis, I guess....
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 02:39

George had dyslexia as a child and then palsy. Which he came out of both wonderfully. I think that the fact his father Nick would give him writing assignments when he did something wrong helped immensely. Dyslexia people often write mixing upper and lower.

One thing to note on how George doesn't take the easy way out. Most often when he and Grant write the do it by hand first, that's discipline.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 03 Jun 2013, 02:55

Mazy wrote:George had dyslexia as a child and then palsy. Which he came out of both wonderfully. I think that the fact his father Nick would give him writing assignments when he did something wrong helped immensely. Dyslexia people often write mixing upper and lower.

One thing to note on how George doesn't take the easy way out. Most often when he and Grant write the do it by hand first, that's discipline.

Zen

For some reason I never knew this. Or maybe I just forgot which isn't so far fetched! HA!

Here's an article where Nina is quoted about it.

“The Ides of March” opened No. 2 at the box office last weekend with $10.4 million, behind Hugh Jackman’s “Real Steel” robots ($27.3 million).

USA Today said that the film, “considered an early Oscar contender,” marked a “solid debut” for George Clooney’s political thriller set in the Cincinnati area.

But long before he became a national star, George Clooney already showed star quality while living in Mason with his family from 1968 to 1974.

While in Mason, the Clooneys — Nick and Nina, son George and his older sister, Ada — lived in an old farm house across from Western Row Golf Course. George attended school at both Western Row Elementary School and St. Susanna, where he served as an altar boy.

It was in Mason that George began to perfect his talent for deflecting trouble and disarming rivals by making them laugh, as reported in a 2006 Enquirer story by reporters John Kiesewetter and Margaret McGurk

“When George was 8 years old, he was diagnosed with dyslexia,” his mother said. “It wasn’t debilitating. I had it, too, as a child. It was something you grew out of, and he did.”

Like most bright dyslexics, she said, he learned to compensate. “George got through school by charming his teachers,” she said.

Classmate Ann Harpen remembers George facing some less-than-friendly attitudes among other children.

“George was very hyper in grade school,” she said. “Some of the kids were not real nice to him,” she said. “His father was this famous TV anchorman, and some kids were mean to him because of that. That’s why he and my brother (Pete) got to be good friends. My brother was never like that.”

John Romer, now a vice president at Fifth Third Bank, remembers serving Mass as a St. Susanna altar boy alongside George.

“George and his sister were always very conscious of social issues, and his parents were strong influences on the person he is today,” Romer said. “George would strongly defend his positions and argue logically and passionately. The ongoing debates between George and (conservative talk show host) Bill O’Reilly are easy to understand. But George was never combative. He was the person you wanted to be with and laugh with.”

George Clooney“In my opinion, George is now making millions of dollars doing the same things he did in Mason,” said Perry Denehy, now head athletic trainer at Sycamore High School, who was a close friend during the years when the Clooneys lived in Mason. “George always had all the props, like rubber chickens and whoopee cushions.

“I always thought Pete Harpen and I gave him a run for his money,” Denehy said. “The three of us emceed an evening talent show, and I got to stick a whipped cream pie into George’s face during our ‘Three Stooges’ act.”

“I have always felt that I gave George his start in show biz,” said Carol Rauch, an associate academic director at the University of Cincinnati. “I was a first-year teacher at Western Row Elementary School in Mason 1969-70 when George was in second grade there. For the Christmas program, George and Ada were my featured performers in a play I wrote called ‘When the Toys Came to Life.’ When the play opened, they were sitting on the front of the stage singing ‘Dear Santa, I just got the measles,’ covered with red dots.”

The Clooney family moved from Mason to Augusta when George was midway through seventh grade. George missed St. Susanna so much that he made his way back to Mason for the eighth-grade graduation, posing with his old friends in their class picture.

“I have no idea how he did that,” Nina said. “But there he is in the picture. He’s wearing an open-collar shirt and the rest of the boys are in jackets and ties.”

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 03:08

Today they realize that the hyper-ness is part of it with a whole lot more and it is hereditary. Some have a lot of difficulty with it if not diagnosed early.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 03 Jun 2013, 04:11

Mazy wrote:George had dyslexia as a child and then palsy. Which he came out of both wonderfully. I think that the fact his father Nick would give him writing assignments when he did something wrong helped immensely. Dyslexia people often write mixing upper and lower.

Zen

Or it could be a deliberate creative stylised effect, mixing upper & lower case.

He doesn't always do it.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 03 Jun 2013, 06:18

There's a whole thread on his dyslexia here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:33

Where will G be next? Really bad weather there now Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:48

We're told he's in the UK for five weeks, IM......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:56

Didn't they say he will come back to Germany? scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 13:45

it's me wrote:Didn't they say he will come back to Germany? scratch

Yes one of the security staff was saying that when GC was in Ilsenburg Germany. He said 3 weeks UK and 2 weeks Berlin again....But now someone else said 5 weeks UK...guess we have to wait and see
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 03 Jun 2013, 15:53

Ok, thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 06 Jun 2013, 08:11

about George's signature

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down