George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball

+4
bamboochacha
Mazy
lucy
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball Empty George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball

Post by Katiedot Sat 20 Apr 2013, 05:44

George is busy filming in Germany this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

White House Correspondents’ Dinner Less Hollywood This Year: Report

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Thursday April 18, 2013 @ 12:15pm PDT

Scandal’s Kerry Washington will be there and so will Steven Spielberg and House of Cards’ Kevin Spacey but this year’s White House Correspondents’ dinner will not be attracting the Hollywood players of previous years says The Hill. President Obama is attending the Conan O’Brien-hosted dinner but George Clooney isn’t coming this year. The daily Congressional newspaper cites the big Tinseltown turnout for the recent second Inauguration, the lack of a good juicy scandal and the more frequent presence of Hollywood types in the nation’s capitol nowadays as the primary reasons for “more subdued” event this year.

Charlize Theron spoke at a congressional breakfast on AIDS awareness today in D.C. today and was a guest at last year’s White House Correspondents dinner but she won’t be attending the April 27 event this year. WME boss Ari Emanuel won’t be attending this year either. Neither will Fox News’ Greta Van Susteran who has become infamous over the past few years for bringing guests like Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian to the dinner.

Unlike the heavily hyped party it co-hosted in 2012 with Google to time with the D.C dinner, the Hollywood Reporter isn’t doing anything this year (This may be a cost saving move since the publication is thought to be up for sale). Funny or Die are also not having their First Amendment Party shindig this year. ABC News is still putting on a pre-dinner cocktail party with Yahoo! News and Univision on the 27th and Politico publisher Robert Allbritton is still hosting post-WHCD brunch on April 28 at his Georgetown home.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball Empty Re: George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball

Post by lucy Sat 20 Apr 2013, 05:55

Not many directors stop filming to hop on a plane not even for a President.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball Empty Re: George Clooney a no-show for this year's White House Correspondents' Ball

Post by Mazy Sat 20 Apr 2013, 15:09

I feel bad for Pre. Obama as well as the country nothing seems to be going right. It's not really a good time to celebrate. I have so much on my head right now that's putting me down then we start losing one issue after another. How's that for a (run on sentence)?

I guess everyone heard what the Rep from New Ham, said in a memo. He referred to all women as "vaginas" no wonder they wrote 694 issuses concerning the women's body. We are back in the dark ages.

Sorry off topic but PBO has been getting one defeat after another, now the dinner.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Tue 23 Apr 2013, 06:05

Good excuse to avoid 'date night'. cheers
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 23 Apr 2013, 06:53

I have to say I find the whole dinner a farce at this point. It used to be a chance for real white house correspondents to gather and joke with the President. It's now turned into just another chance for the idiots who are supposed to be reporting the news and don't to hobnob with celebrities.

Last year, Greta Van Sustern (or whatever the hell her name is) brought Lindsay Lohan. Fox also had Donald Trump (have to admit, watching the President take him down was satisfying.) Celebrities pose on the red carpet and wear designer gowns. It's ridiculous. The only recent dinner that was worth watching was the one where Stephen Colbert brought it to George Bush. That dinner was AMAZING. Never watch it anymore.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 02:21

Update from Deadline Hollywood:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UPDATE: Red Carpet arrivals included Gerard Butler, Claire Danes, Sharon Stone, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, Amy Poehler, Connie Britton, Tracy Morgan, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Josh Radnor, Tim Daly, Jessica Pare, Psy, Katy Perry, Jon Bon Jovi, Michelle Dockery and Dan Stevens, Kerry Washington, Kate Mara, Tony Goldwyn, Ty Burrell, Aasif Mandvi, John Oliver, Rebel Wilson. As Scandal creator Shonda Rhimes just tweeted: “Am about to be in the same room with both my fake President and my real President at the same time.” And there’s this plaintive tweet from Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill: “Wondering if my husband will pay any attention to me on our anniversary since sitting w/ Olivia Munn and Nicole Kidman.”

Don’t expect much from tonight’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Bland to a fault Conan O’Brien is headlining for the second time. (He previously hosted in 1995 and underwhelmed). And celebrity-in-chief Barack Obama may adopt a more somber tone because of the Boston Marathon bombing and West Texas fertilizer plant explosion. Then there’s Tom “Get Off My Lawn!” Brokaw objecting to the presence of celebrities among the 2,700 who attend this annual glitter and power schmoozefest in the ballroom of the Washington Hilton.

George Clooney, Ari Emanuel and Charlize Theron won’t be there like last year. But castmembers of A&E’s reality hit Duck Dynasty will be along with Obama bundlers Jeffrey Katzenberg and Harvey Weinstein plus Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Barbra Streisand.

The clown parade on the Red Carpet begins at 3:15 PM PT. Barack and Conan start their show around 6:45 PM PT. Deadline will be live blogging. Check out some of the party scene over at Politico.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 28 Apr 2013, 02:58

"The clown parade on the Red Carpet begins at 3:15 PM PT. Barack and Conan start their show around 6:45 PM PT. Deadline will be live blogging. Check out some of the party scene over at Politico."
hahahahahahaha
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:00

How different a year makes...last year we were all watching for GC! Laughing

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:06

We still are, but on the other side of the Atlantic!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:20

President Obama - "I admire CNN covering all sides of the story - just in case one of them happens to be accurate."

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:21

President Obama "I remember when buzz feed was something I did in college around 2 am".... laughter... "It's true."

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:23

President Obama in reference to the media: "My job is to be President, your job is to keep me humble, frankly, I think I'm doing my job better."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:29

President Obama "I'm hard at work on my library, and some have suggested that I put it in my birthplace, but I'd rather keep it in the United States." "Did anyone not see that joke coming?"
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:38

Conan - "The President is hard at work creating jobs. Since he's been elected the number of Pope's have doubled."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:43

Conan - "You've taken this event to new heights - the guys from 'Duck Dynasty are here - which can only mean one thing - the guys from 'Storage Wars' said no."

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:46; edited 1 time in total
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:46

Conan "I've learned something from coming to this event in the past - If the President laughs, everyone laughs. If the Fox News table laughs, a little girl just fell off her bike."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:49

Conan - "CNNs ratings are so low, now when the logo comes up James Earl Jones says, 'You're still watching CNN?'"
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:55

Thx Lorna for all these one liners. Loving them and I don't have to watch all the so-called reporters fawning all over the celebrities. Love you girlfriend!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 03:57

Conan "President Obama and John Boehner are like a blind date between Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow. In theory, they understand each others position, but deep down you know nothing's gonna happen."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:00

Conan "Now I've made some jokes about the President this evening, and now I'm looking forward to my audit. It's coming, I know it's coming."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Apr 2013, 04:06

OofOof wrote:Thx Lorna for all these one liners. Loving them and I don't have to watch all the so-called reporters fawning all over the celebrities. Love you girlfriend!

Frowning yes, groaning, even more so!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down