George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea Empty George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea

Post by theminis Wed 27 Mar 2013, 22:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

video at the link:

George Clooney save the Berlin Wall plea

A section of the Berlin Wall, around five metres in length, has been removed to make way for construction work on a luxury apartment block nearby.

The pieces were taken out of the East Side Gallery – a 1.3 km stretch of the wall covered with artwork from around the world.

Andy Weiss, a board member for the East Side Gallery Initiative, is among thousands of people who protested against the move.

Weiss suggested that perhaps Hollywood star power could help: “George Clooney and his friend Matt Damon are in town. It would be wonderful if they came here. Apparently we need to create a lot of publicity over Easter to save this part of our recent history.”

When it was torn down in 1989, a few sections of the Berlin Wall were left in place as a monument to Europe’s Cold War divisions.

Many believe that what is left of it should remain. Protests have been taking place since early March, when the first panel was taken away to make way for the construction work.

American entertainer David Hasselhoff visited Berlin earlier this month to add his voice to calls to save the iconic wall.
More about: Berlin, Berlin Wall, Germany
Copyright © 2013 euronews
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea Empty Re: George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea

Post by Joanna Wed 27 Mar 2013, 23:05

The Berlin wall was covered in art, painted over many years. Some samples are here at this link. When I was there in 1990, I bought a book full of photos of the art. I also collected some pieces of the wall off the ground at Check Point Charley so I knew it was genuine !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea Empty Re: George Clooney - Save the Berlin Wall plea

Post by party animal - not! Wed 27 Mar 2013, 23:24

Bob Balaban, who has a part in Monuments Men, mentioned this in his Twitter account before filming started in Berlin. Looks like its an ongoing process to save at least some of it.

(The same Bob Balaban who's just been to Las Vegas to direct an ad with La Canalis in it, and since returned. Cross threading here. Sprry)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down