George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney

+23
Dior
Lighterside
silly girl
madsky
Carolina Gal
lucy
Way2Old4Dis
Best in Category
blubelle
fava
Joanna
LornaDoone
playfuldeb
Barbara Garabedian
janieb
aflower1325
Katiedot
party animal - not!
theminis
Atalante
amaretti
it's me
OofOof
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney Empty Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:34

Clooney became the face of Nespreso, the coffee capsule system made by the Swiss food giant, in 2006.

Last year, Penelope Cruz became the face of the brand in the US. Clooney was the face of the brand outside the US.

One source said that Nespresso was now exploring other opportunities. It is understood that Clooney’s contract will not be renewed, and he will not appear in advertising this year.

A spokesman for Nespresso said: "George Clooney became our brand ambassador in 2006 on the selection of Nespresso Club Members, we’ve built a solid relationship over the years.

"While this has helped to embody the values of the brand, we have to keep in mind that it is our Club Members who are the true representation of the Nespresso brand."

Nespresso has millions of members worldwide. Anyone who buys a machine becomes a member and receives information and advice on coffee, the Nespresso machines and the accessories.

Nespressso has been one of the star performers in the Nestle portfolio

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney Empty Re: Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney

Post by it's me Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:38

7 years
WOW!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney Empty Re: Nespresso Set to Drop Hollywood Star George Clooney

Post by amaretti Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:40

Yes. Wow. He always looks so handsome in those ads.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:43

they are right now airing the last one
million times!!! Bounce
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 07 Mar 2013, 00:14

So what's gonna be next ? A product that can be used worldwide, besides his tequila, ... any ideas ?
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:27

Well already we have phones, laptops, cars, coffee, watches, cant think of them all, how about promoting Loreal for Men!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:42

Mmm, needs something else now to keep the million a month Satellite.

Already got a bank. Do A Brad?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:03

He seems to be quite busy. He's got Fastnet, the Norwegian bank, Mercedes, Omega - what have I forgotten?

The only thing that's worrying is that the headline says Nestle "drops" George, as though it was an active decision, rather than the end of a contract.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:09

Yeah! Besides, who wants Nespresso when you can get your pick me up from Casamigos?! Drink 3
aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:10

Am I the only one disappointed that the two didn't partner up to give us coffee capsules with a shot of tequila in them? Nesspressamigos . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:39

cheers GENIUS!
aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:45

Katiedot wrote:Am I the only one disappointed that the two didn't partner up to give us coffee capsules with a shot of tequila in them? Nesspressamigos . . .

Now THAT would be a coffee that I would drink!! coffee is not enough
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:20

Okay, get on the phone to Georges marketing department!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:27

sorry to hear that, I love george and the Nespreso ads. He brings out the full flavor of the coffee with his charm and handsome looks. He really does well for this ad. They should renew his contract for he helps sell this nespreso and I enjoyed watching him sell it. Well another one will come along, He already has the tequila ad and who knows what he will have next time. Have a cup of nespreso and a shot of tequila. That will make your day. bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:47

he surely did really much for them

and I also really hope he can find a way to help those ppl too
searching for other investors maybe? changing strategy?
dunno... scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:01

To be honest, I'm glad that this is over. Nestle is such an unethical company that it makes me happy George isn't representing them any more.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:05

well... another sharable point of view
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:33

Maybe it was George who decided to not renew his contract.

Good word Katie . . .
I can see it now:
"You could enjoy a decadently soothing Irish coffee assimilated for the modestly refined connoisser, or you could let it all hang out with Nesspressamigos, a flirty mexican coffee, for the adventurous wild person inside each of us".

Last edited by playfuldeb on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:57; edited 1 time in total
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:49

Oooh, I like that, Playful.

I guess either Nestle or George decided he wasn't worth another $90 million or however much he got paid last time. From the wording of the article, I think it was Nestle's decision.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 Mar 2013, 07:46

Glad it's over - Nestle needs a serious ethics check but that ain't gonna happen in our lifetimes.

But no matter what he "shills" in the future, he'll be ripped for it for one reason or another.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:40

He'll need to find a replacement ad contract pretty quickly to keep the satellite going.
No doubt he knows that though..... lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:07

I agree about Nestle and have always had qualms about George promoting one of their products. I do have to wonder though if this not good for George's Q rating. Perhaps Nespresso just decided it was long enough and time to try something new. Let's see what they replace him with--if it's a hot guy much younger that is probably not a good thing. If it's a woman or a comic or something, maybe not so bad.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:33

I'm definitely up with the tequila - coffee pod idea. I'd buy a truck load of that. Drink 2
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 07 Mar 2013, 17:32

How is Nestlé different from any other global company?

It holds over 50% of the world's breast milk substitute market - so that´s why?!

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:31

Frankly, based on several articles about multi-nationals involved with food manufacturing, I think almost all corporations in this arena are dirty. If you have the time and have the option, farmer's markets for your fruit and vegis and no processed food is most definitely the way to go!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 07 Mar 2013, 20:06

Best in Category wrote:How is Nestlé different from any other global company?

It holds over 50% of the world's breast milk substitute market - so that´s why?!

No, the "why," or at least my "why," is that, until they were called on it by several groups, Nestle promoted their formula, which requires water of course, over breastfeeding in parts of Africa where the water sources were contaminated, which had devastating consequences in infant morbidity and mortality. They did the same in regions where the water may have been relatively clean, but was still scarce and too precious to go to an unnecessary commercial product. Nestle didn't disappear, but they did -- slowly and reluctantly -- change their misinformation and scare tactic strategy.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 07 Mar 2013, 20:13

This summary of an actor's career trajectory, as told to Don Cheadle by George himself, might be appropriate here:

1) Who the f**k is George Clooney?
2) Get me George Clooney.
3) Get me somebody like a George Clooney.
4) Get me a younger George Clooney.
5) Who the f**k is George Clooney?

... and if not, it's still funny and very telling.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 07 Mar 2013, 20:23

Like it Way2.... Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 22:21

Well at least he made it while they wanted him. Since finding out so much about Nestle thur COH, I have been surprised just how many products are under the Nestle brand. Bottled water here in Texas is a nestle product and it's only bottled Dallas City drinking water.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Fri 08 Mar 2013, 00:20

I will miss the commercials for Nespresso as I always thought George was very elegant in them and they were funny! Well, if he needs another gig to help fund his satellite in the Sudan, I have 2 suggestions: maybe he could ask his cousin, Debby Boone to speak with her daddy about getting George a gig selling walk in bathtubs on TV! Also, considering how much money he helped Pres. Obama get by having people enter a raffle to have dinner at his house with the Pres. for a donation-he could offer a raffle for some time well spent at his Laglio villa in the summer! Either or both of those should bring in some cash to help those people in the Sudan and it would make us smile in the meantime!
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 08 Mar 2013, 02:12

I am guessing he knew this was coming, as seven years as a spokesman is a long time for anybody. This might be why he pushed the tequila when you own it if it works you would make even more money for his satellite product.

Sorry I can see him selling walk-in bathtubs in the US especially. I heard he was a big fan of Guinness now that would be fun if he could make that not such a competition with his tequila.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Mar 2013, 04:05

You guys are funny - walk in bathtubs! Maybe he can get Debby Boone to let him sit in on her Lifestyle Lift commercials for saggy neck plastic surgery! "Cause you light up my life!" Brahahahaha

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:04

Saw somewhere that Debby Boone's husband married Ben Weiss and his wife

Ah, just seen that Nespresso is losing market lead to Java capsules who are undercutting them. So they probably can't afford him!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Mar 2013, 23:08

party animal - not! wrote:Saw somewhere that Debby Boone's husband married Ben Weiss and his wife
Haha! That sentence took a lot of re-reading to understand!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 08 Mar 2013, 23:12

surely to me !!!! Laughing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:06

didnt Debby Boone marry George's cousin that is a priest?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 09 Mar 2013, 04:36

Yes she married Miguel's brother Gabe who is an Episcopal Priest. He is also an artist. Debby had written some children's books years ago and Gabe did the illustrations. They were lullaby books with a religious theme.

Oops just realized this is off topic so maybe it should be moved....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:16

Well,

A famous face can translate into millions in brand sales. This is why many companies choose a star with face, name and personality over an anonymous catalog model. Star immediately projects an image of a credible, living, breathing person. It´s not just product marketing, but also corporate image building. Big thing.

The potential benefits of using celebrity advertising to promote brand images and products are significant, so are the costs and risks.

Star is not controllable. His attention getting value can be negative. Star can be so big that he is remembered more that the brand he is advertising for.

Any company using a star will pay close attention to which a star is associated with… they want him to be honest, ethical, believable, familiar, likeable etc.

If we look at the past year Clooney is heavily associated with

1)Keibler. There has been constant and aggressive campaign going, promoting her “being young, model, healthy, actress, famous, living with GC etc… all the things she´s obviously not. Actually she is kind of old to be single without kids and in the party mode. Her twitter account is disaster. Unbelievable that she put pics of oscar invitation and then "butt kissing" the statue. She can go that low.

2) Randy & Cindy. Former is selling booze and buffalo mozzarella sandwiches in hotel lobbys and airports and where ever as "new concept". Latter has been a super model. Together the middle aged couple dresses like teenagers and behave like they are in a lifelong interrail. She has had so much work done in her face that is nearly unrecognizable in pictures lately.

This is not a way to get people´s respect let alone desire.

Some sort of minimum scale PR nightmare is forming here – could get hellish and hard to distance Clooney from Kebler in any decent and invisible way.

For him safe bets are to have a girlfriend of same caliber as he is (preferably not attention seeking type) or a private person (who is not and will not be in the entertainment business). Basically any other alternative can and most likely will be harmful to his public image.

Good news is that he has talent, charisma and looks to get through this probably just fine. I hope.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 13:57

@ BIC...perhaps all that you say is true, in that companies choose certain celebrities for their "celebrity" and easy name recognition and demographic attraction, which makes it easier to sell their product to a certain market or demographic but in THIS case, I doubt very seriously that any of the points you made after that statement have any merit whatsoever.

George's dating of Stacy Keibler had no effect on the Nestle sales now or ever! Neither did his ad for the tequila. That's preposterous! Nestle probably made that decision a year or more ago and if their sales have dropped it has more to do with their overpriced coffee system which now has STIFF competition from much cheaper brands, which are just as good and George doesn't come cheap! If their baby formula scandal didn't have an affect...neither did Stacy, Rande or Cindy.

Money is what made them decide after 7 years to change strategies...not George's sex life...that's just ludicrous, not to mention laughable!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:14

It's laughable that it's his love life they're objecting to. After 7 years, Stacy is probably the most presentable girlfriend he's had (and yes, I'm aware that's like saying he's now riding the fastest donkey on the beach when he could be in a Ferrari).

If they've survived ex-porn actresses, escort rumours, cocaine and more escort rumours then they can survive a girlfriend being 'a little bit old'.

It's more likely a business decision. George doesn't come cheaply I suppose and perhaps with them reaching market saturation and heavy competition, they don't want to invest so much money.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:39

The reality is all advertising, even with George Clooney, has a shelf life. Seven years is a long time. I know others have been spokesman for longer, but more have been less. Most likely, they wanted to try something different to see if they would get a jump.

They probably didn't decide that long ago, but the contract was up and they looked at it, as they probably do each time the contract was up. I did like the commercials but maybe they had an idea for something different. They have paid Penelope Cruz for US and Canadian spokesman. They could want to roll her out overseas too. George won't do the US spokesman so they could want continuity of the brand.

Who knows, but really anyone to say that a celebrity who is the spokesman for seven years and he really didn't change, then they decide to move on is because of his personal life is more than a bit of a stretch.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:42

Good, sounds like a solid explanation and true promotion for SK. As this is a George Clooney fan page it is all very, very strange…

Who is the porn actress? Rumours are a little bit different than actual facts, like pictures, interviews, awards together. Cocaine? So by keeping this stuff up stasy looks good? LOL

“George's dating of Stacy Keibler had no effect on the Nestle sales now or ever!” I didn´t say it did. And if it went that far, there would be many people relocating and looking for new jobs at the moment.

“George´s sex life” I wasn´t talking about it. Not sure what you are implying to either. That he sleeps with her? Spare me.

He hasn´t been the man we have seen in Nespresso adds for a while. The kind of man that got the job in the first place. (I don´t know with whom he was at the time, when it began, but personally I think even the last girlfriend, Elisabeth, could support the “image” believably.)

There used to be huge floor- to- the- sealing posters of him at the busiest airports in Europe (Nespresso adds) and everybody would look and admire men and women, hard to believe he wouldn´t care for that kind of visibility in the future too. That it wouldn´t be beneficial to his coming projects.

Maybe his current PR has decided this is not important. Like someone said hasn´t seen anyone ruining the public image so fast as he has without actually doing anything bad himself. Making comparison to pistorious case (loosing sponsors). It´s unfair because no one is dead here, but really…yeah you can laugh as much as you can - but it´s really sad, actually. And unnecessary.

I think people running his public image started with someone who was the most well known and liked in the world – and now what? Not good.

I am not sure if it is good to drum that he is expensive either...

If I was him, I would, in this minute, put everything back on track.

I know nobody says “ it´s just the game when their team is winning.”

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:50

Like someone said hasn´t seen anyone ruining the public image so fast as he has without actually doing anything bad himself.

The only one who thinks this is you and anyone can read this absurd assertion by you under a myriad of aliases all over the internet. Just because you post under all these different identities doesn't mean you're fooling anyone; even a "novice" reader can see the patterns and connect the dots.

So I won't bother wasting my time and taking this faux argument of yours any further.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 09 Mar 2013, 16:55

Actually he did something bad by promoting the ex-wrestler/stripper, plus supporting her carreer and he is still doing it. IMO

Not that kind of clean image family people like to look up to as a good example.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 09 Mar 2013, 17:31

Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about myriad of aliases, different identities. I have only one and it is this BIC (I chose for this forum) I haven´t seen your picture, but many of mine has been here (not old but resent ones), even my dog´s. I really do stand behind what I write.

In my group of friends I´m not even the biggest Glooney fan Very Happy But because I like to write I`m the one here, maybe.

Other reason could be, that I´m home a lot. A single mom (most of my friends are still single with no kids) , who´s only and main priority is the child. Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:32

I do not think it's his girlfriends--it is his age. He is over 50. The movies he makes skew to an older demographic as well. He is also stepping behind the camera more--which may not have the visibility you want for your spokesman. The bulk of mainstream advertising is not aimed at those age groups but a younger one. I also have a very hard time believing that the tequila business--given that it's a niche brand and he has 2 partners--will be anywhere near as good financially to him as this endoresement deal was.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:40

I do not think it's his age .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:45

me2 ama <3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:56

He's probably too expensive.

He might have upped his fee.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 09 Mar 2013, 20:00

there will be a reason

that he doesn't want any longer
that Nespresso want any longer

I don't guess both will tell us
the reasons of their rescission
of their contract
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next