George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited

+7
Atalante
it's me
Lighterside
amaretti
fava
Dior
Joanna
11 posters

Go down

Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited Empty Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:26

Damon planning wedding celebration

Matt Damon and his wife are apparently planning to throw a big wedding celebration later this year.

The Bourne actor tied the knot with Luciana Barroso in a small ceremony at the Manhattan Marriage Bureau in 2005, and they have now decided to mark their commitment to each other with a bigger destination wedding, according to The New York Post's Page Six.

A source said: "They had a really low-key wedding in Manhattan so now they want to do something bigger."

The couple - who have four daughters, three of their own and one from Luciana's previous relationship - will apparently hold their big day in April and have already sent out save the date cards to family and friends.

Other than that, they are said to be keeping details about the event under wraps.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited Empty Re: Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matt Damon To Take His Vows Again With Wife Luciana Barroso
Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com

'Bourne Identity' hero Matt Damon has apparently promised his beautiful wife Luciana Barroso, they will take their vows all over again with an extravagant trip long overdue. The pair got hitched seven years ago in a super-intimate ceremony in Manhattan but never had the wedding of their dreams.

With four kids in tow including, Matt's step-daughter, the couple have decided to go ahead and plan their second wedding day. A Hollywood source told, New York Post, "They had a really low-key wedding in Manhattan, so now they want to do something bigger."

Sources said that while details of the bash are being kept in secret, one rule for guests lucky enough to go is that no kids allowed on the trip. But who is part of their exclusive guestlist?

One source told HollywoodLife.com,“Some celebs that are a lock to go are Ben & Casey Affleck, George Clooney, Billy Bob Thornton and Gus Van Sant. It won’t be a surprise at the end of the day on who else will be going to the wedding in the celebrity department, because everyone knows Matt’s friends".

Matt Damon To Take His Vows Again With Wife Luciana Barroso
Matt with and his wifey Luciana (Ivan Nikolov/WENN)

Adding, "And let’s not forget, it’s not just his wedding, it’s their wedding. Luciana will be having a lot more of her non-celeb friends attending as well.”
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited Empty Re: Matt Damon and Wife to Renew Wedding Vows - George Clooney's invited

Post by Dior Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:52

Congratulations in advance!
May it be one of the best days in their life:)
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 28 Feb 2013, 14:53

Does anyone else think this is kind of ridiculous? It was their choice if they had a low key wedding the first time. Has the bridal/industrial complex run amuck? I see all the time on "Say Yes to the Dress" where brides buy 2 and 3 dresses for their wedding or have a full blown wedding for vow renewal. I am skeptical of vow renewals--Heidi Klum and Seal made a big deal out of it every year and look where they are. I don't mind if you do it privately, but if you have to make a big deal of it: "Look at us! We still love each other! We would do it again!" I start to wonder if it stems from insecurity. Have a big anniversary party and be done with it. Just my opinion--I am sure a lot of folks disagree.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:02

Congrats to them ! Give Flowers

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:06

will apparently hold their big day in April and have already sent out save the date cards to family and friends.

Congrats to them if this is true...but what I'm wondering about is the choice of date...in April? They will be in the middle of shooting Monuments Men and he decides that's the time to take a mini-vacation for a wedding? Doesn't make much sense! I can't see George suspending filming for a weekend, when this could be done any other time of the year.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:32

I'm happy for them and expect they know when the right time
is for them.
Hope there will be some official pictures for us to share. Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:48

nice!
I find that a really sweet idea!! Very Happy

Give hearts Wedding
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:51

fava wrote:Does anyone else think this is kind of ridiculous? It was their choice if they had a low key wedding the first time. Has the bridal/industrial complex run amuck? I see all the time on "Say Yes to the Dress" where brides buy 2 and 3 dresses for their wedding or have a full blown wedding for vow renewal. I am skeptical of vow renewals--Heidi Klum and Seal made a big deal out of it every year and look where they are. I don't mind if you do it privately, but if you have to make a big deal of it: "Look at us! We still love each other! We would do it again!" I start to wonder if it stems from insecurity. Have a big anniversary party and be done with it. Just my opinion--I am sure a lot of folks disagree.

I hope you didn't offend a few posters. Suspect
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:02

fava wrote:I don't mind if you do it privately, but if you have to make a big deal of it: "Look at us! We still love each other! We would do it again!" I start to wonder if it stems from insecurity.
That's exactly what I think too. In fact, I even extend that thinking to the first wedding too: the more grandiose the wedding, the less likely I think it's going to last because it's being done for all the wrong reasons.

I used 'grandiose' for a reason. My theory has nothing to do with the size of the wedding or how much money is spent but more about the feel of it. You get married because you want to be with this person for the rest of your life and you want to celebrate that with the people who matter the most. You don't get married to impress these people.

Having worked in five star hotels all my life I've seen a lot of weddings take place and I can tell you there are a lot of brides who seem to have forgotten that a groom transforms into a husband who you're stuck with for life, not just the wedding!

Lighterside wrote: I can't see George suspending filming for a weekend, when this could be done any other time of the year.
I would guess, and it's just a guess, that Matt isn't needed on set for every scene so they can shoot around it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:13

Katiedot wrote:

Lighterside wrote: I can't see George suspending filming for a weekend, when this could be done any other time of the year.
I would guess, and it's just a guess, that Matt isn't needed on set for every scene so they can shoot around it.

I thought that too until they said in the article that George would be in attendance and that's when I began to question the validity of the article. It wouldn't be the first time the Post made up something out of whole cloth or even some kernel of truth to it and blow it up to more than was stated at the time.

I don't doubt that Matt and Luciana would like to do something like this and more power to them...it's a wonderful idea in my opinion but the timing of the event is what I question...nothing more! Very Happy
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:15

True, true. Let's hope it doesn't clash with Brad and Angelina's wedding . . . !
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:17

A double-wedding!
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:17

Katiedot wrote:True, true. Let's hope it doesn't clash with Brad and Angelina's wedding . . . !

LMAO! oh yeah...that too! hahahahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:22

Lighterside wrote:
Katiedot wrote:True, true. Let's hope it doesn't clash with Brad and Angelina's wedding . . . !

LMAO! oh yeah...that too! hahahahaha

Not to mention Jen's wedding....reportedly very soon !

If George is invited to all these occasions he'll have lots of wedding cake
to pop under his pillow ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:27

And Monuments Men will get done some time in 2014! affraid
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 16:32

Lighterside wrote:And Monuments Men will get done some time in 2014! affraid

OH NO !!!!!! Lightsabre fight
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 17:01

Sounds like PR to me and nothing more, if it's even true.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 28 Feb 2013, 17:23

Lakin460 wrote:Sounds like PR to me and nothing more, if it's even true.

Actually I'm kind of hoping it is true...it's so very romantic and a wonderful thing for Matt to do for his wife. Love3 Love7 Give Flowers
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:22

Lakin460 wrote:Sounds like PR to me and nothing more, if it's even true.

Why would it be PR...his wife isn't in the entertainment business.
He was filming The Good Shepherd in London when they got married
quietly in NY.

More here....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:24

....and more here....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 28 Feb 2013, 18:37

Okay. I see the helicopters circling Lake Como in the spring...........in hope rather than expectation I suspect..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 28 Feb 2013, 21:10

I do question this, it said in one report no children allowed and there's no way they would get married without there 4 girls there, those girls are the centre of their family and come first
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 28 Feb 2013, 21:33

I suspect it's to be an adult only quality time celebration.
...and why not ? I'm sure their four girls don't neglected.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down