George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying

+2
ktsue2002
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying Empty About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying

Post by Katiedot Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:04

Thank Henway for the find, and me for the dogy translation (I'm happy for any corrections)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As secret as the list of deficiencies the BER [the disaster that is Berlin’s new airport] or the Coca-Cola recipe: The Soho House, the private club in Torstrasse 1 in Mitte [an area of Berlin].

The official language is English (albeit sometimes the service staff have a Saxony accent). It’s members only. But even those who are willing to shell out 75 Euro monthly contribution are only allowed in if they meet the criteria of the cool-member committee (including Oliver Berben). So no double-D list celebrity or Altplayboys.

Equally frowned on is photography, and as a result VIPs from the around the world colonize the Soho houses in New York and LA (the same principle, but prettier), it doesn’t only attract the local star general assembly, it’s the living room of half of Hollywood. And the bedroom of George Clooney!

On the way to bed (the house is also a hotel, Clooney's check-in code name: White) a little bird chirping from the rooftop terrace tells us he usually enjoys a nightcap at the bar on the seventh floor.

Since that news made the rounds, Berliners jostle to cut in on the scene in view of the velvety green or floral sofas.

They take up sexy seating positions so tooooootally uninterested in the graying man with a full beard. However, field studies have revealed what really works on Clooney: one of his companions (mostly film people from Babelsberg) puts a girl in front of him and he is crazily charming, buys her and her friends drinks. Thus he’s shown us how we can come to his attention, be a tall blonde, but without solarium tan as his current flame, Stacey Keibler

Without restrictions Hugh Grant enjoyed these alpine heights. In the Club Restaurant he also celebrated his birthday recently. Jude Law ("The Talented Mr. Ripley") comes no more to the Adlon [a posh hotel in Berlin], because a brunette Alpha Animal Hunter kept up the fun so persistently. Matt Damon also played Hotel-swap ("Bourne" trilogy).

When cute movie star next door can be assumed that the proximity to pal Clooney was. Hugh Jackman hurried after his afterparty back early with Anne Hathaway to the family. Ah yes, the Members-Only Club occupies three more floors of the Bauhaus building, from the basement library to pool terrace.
But not only envy: If Clooney in the mornings (5.45 clock) is in the gym panting, even members must remain outside.

So geheim wie die Mängelliste des BER oder das Coca-Cola-Rezept: Das Soho House, Privatklub in der Torstraße 1 in Mitte.

Amtssprache Englisch (beim Servicepersonal mitunter mit sächsischem Akzent). Rein(1) dürfen nur Mitglieder. Aber auch wer bereit ist, 75 Euro Monatsbeitrag zu löhnen, wird bloß aufgenommen, wenn er den Cool-Kriterien des Member-Komitees (u.a. Oliver Berben) entspricht. Also keine Doppel-D-Prominenz oder Altplayboys.

Mindestens ebenso pfui ist das Fotografieren, und nachdem VIPs von Welt schon die Soho-Häuser in New York und L.A. (gleiches Prinzip, aber hübscher eingerichtet) besiedeln, zieht es nicht mehr nur die hiesige Star-Vollversammlung hin, es ist auch das Wohnzimmer von halb Hollywood. Und das Schlafzimmer von George Clooney!
Auf dem Weg in sein Bett (das House ist auch Hotel, Clooneys Check-in-Deckname: Weiß) nimmt er, so zwitschern es die Vögelchen von der Dachterrasse, meist einen Absacker an der Bar (2) im siebten Stock.

Seit das die Runde machte, drängeln sich Berliner Szene-Schnitten in Sichtweite auf den samtgrünen oder geblümten Sofas (3) (4). In sexy Sitzstellung und gaaaanz ohne Interesse am grau melierten Mann mit Vollbart. Allerdings haben Feldstudien ergeben, was bei Clooney wirklich zieht: Stellt ihm einer seiner Begleiter (meist Film-Volk aus Babelsberg) ein Mädchen vor, ist er irre charmant, zahlt ihren Drink und die ihrer Freundinnen. Angetan zeigte er sich bislang, wie uns zu Augen kam, von großen Blonden, aber ohne Solariumsbräune wie seine Aktuelle, Stacey Keibler.

Ganz ohne Einschränkungen genoss Hugh Grant den Almauftrieb. Im Club-Restaurant(5) feierte er auch neulich seinen Geburtstag. Und Jude Law („Der talentierte Mr. Ripley“) kehrte erst gar nicht mehr ins Adlon ein, weil ihn eine brünette Alphatier-Jägerin so ausdauernd bespaßte. Hotel-wechsel-dich spielte auch Matt Damon („Bourne“-Triologie). Beim netten Filmstar von nebenan ist davon auszugehen, dass das an der Nähe zu Kumpel Clooney lag. Und Hugh Jackman eilte nach seiner After Party mit Anne Hathaway früh zurück zur Familie. Ach ja, der Members-Only-Club bespielt noch drei weitere Etagen des Bauhaus-Gebäudes, von Keller-Bibliothek bis Poolterasse.
Aber nur kein Neid: Wenn Clooney morgens (5.45 Uhr!) im Fitnessstudio hechelt, müssen selbst Mitglieder draußen bleiben.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying Empty Re: About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying

Post by ktsue2002 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:30

That's interesting! It is like he enjoys the attention he gets there. Well if he wants to have drinks with a giggly fat girl and to chat with, I am more than happy to oblige. Of course, for me the fantasy of it would be much better. Keep the fantasy alive I say! Not to diss those brave souls who approach him on a social level, I can't even imagine how much their heart is racing. Having met him and spoke to him, I can attest that he is kind and behaves as a professional to the media, but in his private life, I can only speculate from far away, but he seems to be the same person I met, but who knows?
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying Empty Re: About SoHo House in Berlin where George Clooney is staying

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Feb 2013, 11:56

My, how Soho House is expanding. Started by Nick Jones in the UK, who also owns Babbington House, I think he sold most of it for squillions, but keeps a share.

And he's married to Kirsty Young, broadcaster 'Desert Island Discs' BBC Radio 4, and Crimewatch BBC 1 TV amonst other things

Life. Connections.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 18 Feb 2013, 14:51

thanks Katie...that is a much better translation than Google or Bing. Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] show you exactly what you get for your money - that is, if you're a private member.

Really interesting background to its inception as The Bauhaus in 1928 and what happened to it during WWII

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:51

Never thought Id say this, but I want to go to the Cowshed.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:06

Hello, Theminis. How are you? Bit of a mad weekend on here.....!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:11

I wonder if wealthy people like George get so used to living the lifestyle they do, they just take it for granted? I want to go to the Cowshed with you Theminis! I bet Stacy has already worked out in that gym even though George undoubtedly also has a full gym in his apartment. I wonder what it would be like to get into any restaurant in the world without a reservation, any club, shop in the finest stores in the world--when they're closed--and have everything mundane in your life taken care of. It must be nice...
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:13

party animal - not! wrote:Hello, Theminis. How are you? Bit of a mad weekend on here.....!

Hi PAN
It has been mad weekend, flights, shopping, dinners etc - (im sick woe is me, so haven't been that attentive to the forum)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:14

If I win tattslotto Oof I will pick you up and show you what its like! Money talks too if not celebrity
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:16

You're on! Sounds like you got my cold? Hang in there!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:20

Right,girls. How about the the Big Apartment or the Two bedroomed one once we're members? That is, unless someone else we might know of has booked the one we want

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down